Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlo Ancelotti resigns as AC Milan coach
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Fillipo Simone
Carlo Ancelotti resigns as AC Milan coach

By Robert Winters, Football Correspondent
BST 01/04/2008

AC Milan announced on Tuesday the dismissal of coach Carlo Ancelotti, after the team’s home defeat against Atalanta and due to the sad campaign of the team, which stands 6th in the Serie A.

Milan missed out earlier this season on a place in the Champions League quarter-finals after loosing 0-2 with Wenger's Arsenal in March.

Following Milan's lame display in Serie A, Ancelotti was yesterday summoned to a crisis meeting.

The club issued a statement which said: "AC Milan have relieved Carlo Ancelotti of his responsibilities as coach."

"The club would like to thank him for his hard work and dedication over seven years.

The manager and the club, noting that conditions no longer exist for a satisfactory mutual relationship, have decided to a part company."

But club owner Silvio Berlusconi was more critical.

He told the Italian press: "I will take the reins of the team once again.

"In the past two-three years technical decisions have been made, with which I was not in agreement, but out of respect for the managing director and coach I stood aside, also because they had the support of the press and the fans.

"I can say that the facts have proved me right."

Carlo Ancelotti last night told his senior players that he was resigning as manager of Milan after a shocking 1-2 defeat by Atalanta on Sunday at home.

Ancelotti, 48, will go down as one of Milan's most successful managers, and the fans will lament the charismatic coach's departure.

Ancelotti, who won the Champions Cup with AC Milan as a player in 1989 and 1990, took charge of the Rossoneri side in 2001 following the dismissal of ex-Fiorentina coach Fatih Terim.

He was voted ESM European Coach of the Year in 2007, and he will not be short of job offers.

Mauro Tassotti, the Rossoneri's assistant coach, has been named caretaker coach.
Former Juventus and Italy boss Marcello Lippi had already been linked with the job even before Ancelotti's exit had been confirmed.

OMG..why now? Didn't they have to wait till season end at least?
cry.gif cry.gif

This comes also, but my italian isn't that good:
AC Milan, preso atto della volontà manifestata dal tecnico responsabile della prima squadra, Carlo Ancelotti, dopo fitti colloqui con il medesimo dai quali è emerso il reiterarsi delle intenzioni dell’allenatore, ringraziandolo per il proficuo lavoro fin qui svolto ed augurandogli le migliori fortune umane e professionali, decide di accoglierne la richiesta e di risolvere consensualmente il rapporto di lavoro tra le parti.
redbabies
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
redbabies
I'd be happy if today was another date rolleyes.gif and read this news!
m1ke
ohmy.gif
m1ke
wink.gif
Zed.D
O My God... for a second I believed it...
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif Heart in my mouth...till I started reading the article.... HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

Nice one... king.gif
arivanjj
there was an article on goal.com saying Maldini is signing for Newcastle laugh.gif
acid911
Good riddance, I'd say. Rigid old, animal. unsure.gif huh.gif laugh.gif
Zed.D
I got punk'd but I don't care... sooner or later he will leave...
Tennie
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 1 2008, 05:26 AM)
I got punk'd but I don't care... sooner or later he will leave...

Sacrilege! Maldini will never leave! 96.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 1 2008, 02:59 PM)
Sacrilege! Maldini will never leave!

Ha, good one Ten! laugh.gif
Devillito
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 1 2008, 05:26 PM)
I got punk'd

+1 sleep.gif
han2503
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good one, I was almost singing the halleluha and then I realised what day it is today rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Ry4n
looooool nice try tongue.gif
paloschi43
good Try but could be better.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 1 2008, 12:03 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Good one, I was almost singing the halleluha and then I realised what day it is today rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

LMFAO @ han biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 1 2008, 11:44 AM)
LMFAO @ han biggrin.gif

This one was too good to be true for you... biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ..seems like everyone agreed with this,..hmh, from my point of view, thank god it's just an 1st April joke. I thought we'd need that kind of relaxation,..

Funny is that part of the text is true. The words of Berlusconi are really his words, only after Zaccheroni was sacked. But it really can be compared with this situation we are in. Everything can apply, even the "past two years"..
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 1 2008, 05:45 PM)
This one was too good to be true for you... biggrin.gif

I did get my hopes up when I saw the title smile.gif I then realised the date sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
I thanked God too.

Yeesh...that's the last thing we need, to get Chez Maldini back in. The Maldinis are Gods, not coaches.
Warchant
April Fools is over

locked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.