Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Eyeing Eto'o
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
nuh
The former Parma man has not been in the best of form recently with Milan and he has spent most of the season on the bench.

It seems as if the player will be moving to Roma and according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport Samuel Eto’o could move to San Siro to replace him.

Eto’o has been constantly linked in the past with a move to the Rossoneri and this could be possible as reports in Spain have suggested that Mourinho will replace Frank Rijkaard at Barcelona and take Didier Drogba to the Catalan club which, in turn, would facilitate a move for the Cameroon star to Milan.

It seems as if a €40m sum would be enough for the Via Turati club to secure Eto’o. The 27-year-old would be the perfect replacement for Gilardino and given Milan’s problems up front this season it would no doubt be a welcome move for the San Siro side.

Milan are currently chasing the Champions League places but if they fail to qualify for the competition it may be a deterrent to Eto’o who enjoys playing in Europe’s best club competition.
redbabies
Where did you take this news??

First of all Mourinho's going to Inter, not Barca.

And, I hope Eto'o comes, but I doubt it.
Devillito
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 29 2008, 07:22 PM)
Where did you take this news??

goal.com dry.gif
nuh
this is from goal.com
lol sorry didn't see Devillito post
I_Rossoneri
I would rather have Drogba anyway.
Fillipo Simone
BS

But Drogba>Eto'o; and as the years will go by, this difference will be more and more obvious. Eto'o is destroyed with injury problems plus strenght (DD) last longer then speed (SE).
Portman
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 30 2008, 06:00 PM)
BS

But Drogba>Eto'o; and as the years will go by, this difference will be more and more obvious. Eto'o is destroyed with injury problems plus strenght (DD) last longer then speed (SE).

I don't think that way TBH.

I prefer Eto'o to Drogba. Though Drogba would suit Milan better as a partner to Pato.
Nova
If we dont play CL next season I think we can forget about Eto'o , Drogba or any other world class player.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 30 2008, 06:24 PM)
If we dont play CL next season I think we can forget about Eto'o , Drogba or any other world class player.

Even Sheva? tongue.gif

He'll be our saviour next season, he'll score 25 league goals for us as well! biggrin.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 30 2008, 07:24 PM)

you can forget them with or without CH.L.

...too expensive for Milan smile.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 30 2008, 08:17 PM)

...too expensive for Milan  smile.gif

LOL smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 30 2008, 08:31 PM)
Even Sheva? tongue.gif

He'll be our saviour next season, he'll score 25 league goals for us as well! biggrin.gif

Very likely to happen
Habitant
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 30 2008, 08:17 PM)

...too expensive for Milan  smile.gif

sad but true dry.gif
acid911
At this point it doesn't matter who Milan is eying, buddy. It's more like who is eying Milan? Can't think of many top class players, except a certain Ukranian, or the Lyon wonder kid (only because his idol is Ronaldo). tongue.gif
nuh
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 31 2008, 04:54 AM)
(only because his idol is Ronaldo). tongue.gif

yeah well that is the same reason why pato came to us..... we should keep ronaldo
he is the only one who will get us a gd young player biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (nuh @ Mar 31 2008, 08:34 PM)
yeah well that is the same reason why pato came to us..... we should keep ronaldo
he is the only one who will get us a gd young player

My point exactly. I'm positively sure Pato would have gone to Real Madrid if Ronaldo was there. What with the Brazilian obsession with the Spanish League and Real Madrid in particular. We're lucky we had both Ronaldo and Kaka playing for us at that time. In fact, I even read an interview with Pato and his dad (before he signed for us), in which he said they were seriously considering offers from both Milan and Madrid.

Let's keep Ronni for a couple seasons more - maybe we can get Benzama. wink.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 31 2008, 02:45 PM)
My point exactly. I'm positively sure Pato would have gone to Real Madrid if Ronaldo was there. What with the Brazilian obsession with the Spanish League and Real Madrid in particular. We're lucky we had both Ronaldo and Kaka playing for us at that time. In fact, I even read an interview with Pato and his dad (before he signed for us), in which he said they were seriously considering offers from both Milan and Madrid.

Let's keep Ronni for a couple seasons more - maybe we can get Benzama. wink.gif

it had alot to do with the amount of brazillians we had, where ronni was playing and who our strikers were at the time. also i think milan pretty much garunteed him playing time and madrid coudln't do the same, which is another reason why he chose us. Overall hes ours and tahts what counts. 25 mil baby!
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 1 2008, 09:32 AM)
it had alot to do with the amount of brazillians we had, where ronni was playing and who our strikers were at the time.  also i think milan pretty much garunteed him playing time and madrid coudln't do the same, which is another reason why he chose us.  Overall hes ours and tahts what counts. 25 mil baby!

Yes, it boiled down to all the factors you've listed above, plus having Ronaldo. For young players, playing alongside their idol is a dream. As far as playing time is concerned, if Pato somehow managed to break through the ranks at Madrid (like Robinho), he'd have gotten 12-15 goals up till now, compared to what he's got here.

La Liga is a decently open league, unlike Serie A, and the joga-bointo shtick works much better there. smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 30 2008, 06:24 PM)

That's not an excuse (although I'm pretty sure Galliani will use it) Bayern managed to sign great players while playing UEFA cup.

If you show these players the right amount of $$$$$ then they will sign. It's just a matter of us showing determination to sign them, and if we are willing to spend money this summer, if we are then I don't see any problems in signing at least 3 world class players this summer (goal keeper, defender, striker)
KillerMax
You have to show them $$$$ yes, but also a plan to get back to the top as soon as possible to sign the top class players in this situation. Bayern did it. Juve is about to do it too. I don't think Milan is willing to do any of that. They'll stick to their ways, which doesn't always work.
acid911
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 1 2008, 05:52 PM)
You have to show them $$$$ yes, but also a plan to get back to the top as soon as possible to sign the top class players in this situation. Bayern did it. Juve is about to do it too. I don't think Milan is willing to do any of that. They'll stick to their ways, which doesn't always work.

When and if we're deep enough in the shtick (no Europe for a season), then I'm sure Milan too will have a plan to get back to the top. With our stupid management, it's just a matter of going as low as we can, before they decide to take action. As long as Milan is floating, such as now, we'll be hearing lame excuses from Galliani and co. sleep.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 1 2008, 04:02 PM)
When and if we're deep enough in the shtick (no Europe for a season), then I'm sure Milan too will have a plan to get back to the top. With our stupid management, it's just a matter of going as low as we can, before they decide to take action. As long as Milan is floating, such as now, we'll be hearing lame excuses from Galliani and co.  sleep.gif

definitely. I have no doubt in the transfers this summer though. We will be spending the cash. Galliani's job and carlos depends on it. Silvio will open the checkbook. He has kept it closed for a while and have been using the money we made on our profits.
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 2 2008, 08:52 AM)
definitely.  I have no doubt in the transfers this summer though.  We will be spending the cash.  Galliani's job and carlos depends on it.  Silvio will open the checkbook.  He has kept it closed for a while and have been using the money we made on our profits.

Agree 100%. Everyone knows another season of playing catch up might mean players that care about winning (read Kaka) might leave for greener pastures. Plus, fan support will come down too. Like you said, we'll be spending the cash. Summer can't come soon enough. I mean, we all know our management is stupid, yes, but not this stupid (although this guy looks a lot like our very own Galliani - twins?): smile.gif

kurtsimonw
Uncle Fester is a genius! He's in fact too smart for his own good, that's why he seems a bit crazy. Galliani could only dream of being him!
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 2 2008, 11:17 AM)
Uncle Fester is a genius! He's in fact too smart for his own good, that's why he seems a bit crazy. Galliani could only dream of being him!

Ah, I never quite found enough time to watch "The Addams Family" episodes (or the movie itself). But the two sure as hell look like they were separated at birth. No wonder they've nicknamed Galliani as Fester. laugh.gif
Zed.D
Man... we are so desperate!...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 2 2008, 07:22 AM)
I have no doubt in the transfers this summer though.  Silvio will open the checkbook.  He has kept it closed for a while and have been using the money we made on our profits.

Exactly what we thought was going to happen in summer 2007... I don't believe in Milan in transfer windows anymore, unless I'm proven wrong...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.