Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Genoa prepare Borriello bid
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Genoa prepare Borriello bid
Wednesday 26 March, 2008

Genoa are set to begin negotiations for the permanent signature of co-owned Azzurri striker Marco Borriello.

Borriello joined Genoa in a co-ownership arrangement with Milan after a miserable spell at San Siro that was blighted by a failed drugs test in December 2006.

The 25-year-old has undoubtedly been the surprise package of the season and leads the Serie A Capocannoniere chart with 17 goals to his name, but the Rossoneri are expected to try and bring him back to base in the summer.

“President Enrico Preziosi has said that he wants to negotiate for Borriello,” Rossoblu Vice-President Giovambattista Pastorello told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“Preziosi gambled on him at the start of the season and he repaid us with 17 goals.”

In the event that Milan and Genoa don’t come to an agreement, both sides will have to put offers in sealed envelopes and Borriello’s rights will be given to the highest bidder.

There have been rumours that talented French youngster Abdoullay Konko could be used as bait in the Borriello negotiations and a number of big sides are said to be tracking him.

“Konko? It makes us very happy to see big clubs in Italy and abroad chasing our players,” Pastorello enthused.

With survival as good as guaranteed, there is an air of contentment in the Grifone camp.

“We are very happy with the campaign that we are having,” Pastorello declared.

“The fact that we are almost mathematically safe after 12 years outside the top flight is a reason for satisfaction.”

channel4
Fillipo Simone
I do like Genoa, they are part of Serie A and Italian football history. Anyway, we'll get Borriello back I suppose. To sad that Genoa does not have any real quality player who could be included in a deal if we decide to let Marco stay there.

Anyway, I'm not convinced he'll work with us. But still,..it's a shot worth, as long as this isn't our "new signing striker"..
Devillito
I do hope that Borriello will stay in Genoa.
At least, they will get some hope to keep fighting and compete with other teams.
The idea of monopoly never interest me dry.gif
Just let him be there, and go after other young attackers.
Serie A has become a very boring league, with no players coming in
and there was a very large gap in terms of teams quality.
But i cud be wrong..
redbabies
its OK for me if he remains where he is.
maldini03
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 26 2008, 07:24 AM)
I do like Genoa, they are part of Serie A and Italian football history. Anyway, we'll get Borriello back I suppose. To sad that Genoa does not have any real quality player who could be included in a deal if we decide to let Marco stay there.

Anyway, I'm not convinced he'll work with us. But still,..it's a shot worth, as long as this isn't our "new signing striker"..

Haha I know i wish they had Cigarini and Dessena or Montolivo then we could give up Boriello for someone who we really want. I say bring him back and use him as a bargaining chip for say Roma maybe Aquiliani or Fiorentina Montolivo smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Mar 26 2008, 11:23 PM)
I say bring him back and use him as a bargaining chip for say Roma maybe Aquiliani or Fiorentina Montolivo smile.gif

Not a bad idea at all.
Jack Sparrow
Where Borrielo's importance lies...is in the fact that he's ayouth product. That if anything will be the reason Milan recall him.

If Platini's controversial dictate about the youth players in the squad get passed through, Borrielo becomes very vital.

As of now, only Inter and Chelsea and perhaps Man U(among the big teams) might have cause to oppose it. All the other teams seem to have youth squad players making some kind of progression to first team.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 27 2008, 03:39 AM)
Where Borrielo's importance lies...is in the fact that he's ayouth product. That if anything will be the reason Milan recall him.

If Platini's controversial dictate about the youth players in the squad get passed through, Borrielo becomes very vital.

As of now, only Inter and Chelsea and perhaps Man U(among the big teams) might have cause to oppose it. All the other teams seem to have youth squad players making some kind of progression to first team.

Aside from the fact that he's a youth product, I just don't think that he would do as well as he is doing now for Genoa for us. He strikes me as the Gila type, does well for a smaller club, chokes for the big club. And we could bring him back and try him out or we could consider selling him while he is hot property. If he comes back and flops royally then we won't make half of what we could make if we sell him now
Jack Sparrow
True...

Which is why I'd also like to loan Gila out first, rather than sell him outright... biggrin.gif

Of all the teams out there now...I'd probably send him out to Sampdoria. The quiet Gila with a the effervescent Cassano. It would be pretty interesting.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 30 2008, 05:33 PM)
True...

Which is why I'd also like to loan Gila out first, rather than sell him outright... biggrin.gif

Of all the teams out there now...I'd probably send him out to Sampdoria. The quiet Gila with a the effervescent Cassano. It would be pretty interesting.

Yeah but what happens when he's amazing for Samp like he was for Parma, comes back to Milan and returns back to the Gila that is playing for us now?

I think best thing to do would be to sell him, and not just as the best thing to do for Milan but also for Gila's carreer
whoarethepatriots
There is a rumour flying round that, we will swap Olivera for Milito and use him to get Borriello
han2503
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 30 2008, 05:46 PM)
There is a rumour flying round that, we will swap Olivera for Milito and use him to get Borriello

But why are we that desperate to get him? Don't we co own him with Genoa?

But I can see it now if we get him back, "We have our quality striker! Our surprise for the fans this summer" Galliani would be so proud of himself
Jack Sparrow
@han:

No what I meant was...loan him out to Samp..and when he becomes invincible...turn around and sell him to Juve or whatever. Provided Boriello hasn't been doing drugs and our mythical Striker X is as good as the money we've shelled out for him. biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
A Pato-Borriello partnership could work, due to their differning styles, they would make up for each others weaknesses.

The Tall-Small, Strong-Agile partnership has worked miracles for some teams. Dont know if it could wor here though. We do need a target striker, someone who can recieve Pirlo's lofted cross field passes with ease
Jack Sparrow
^^^

And Boriello can do that??

I mean when he played all those friendlies and Coppa Italia matches for Milan, he was nothing great... <shrugs>
Habitant
ya well that was then and this is now.
Bluesummers
better be at least 10 mil.
fahad
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 30 2008, 11:29 PM)
A Pato-Borriello partnership could work, due to their differning styles, they would make up for each others weaknesses.

The Tall-Small, Strong-Agile partnership has worked miracles for some teams. Dont know if it could wor here though. We do need a target striker, someone who can recieve Pirlo's lofted cross field passes with ease

Pato-gila should also work then they are different pato Shadow stiker where Gila inbox stiker.... Borrellio to me was a total flop with us only reason to bring him back should be that if we are in a situation that we cant sign anyone else
maldini03
I think Pato Boriello could work because during the Spain Italy friendly after comming on for Toni he asumed sme of Toni's qualitys. He held up the ball and tried to redistribute it i think e could come back and make a good patnership. He has a nice strike on the ball and is relitely strong We would just need to mold him into more of a Toni character.
morgoth
Borriello could be good for us (especially with Pato), but only if we play him regularly otherwise there's no point in bringing him back, if I had the choice I'd take Gomez, he has the same characteristics, is younger and definitely better!
Fillipo Simone
For g's sake, bring 'em home! We could use some of his goals here..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.