Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pippo backs home remedy
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
dst
Pippo backs home remedy
Wednesday 26 March, 2008

Milan striking veteran Pippo Inzaghi has implored the Rossoneri not to look abroad for forward options this summer but to trust the men they have.

The world champions are being linked with a host of foreign stars, including Didier Drogba, Emmanuel Adebayor, Dimitar Berbatov and Mario Gomez as they look to increase their firepower.

However, Inzaghi believes that the best options may lie closer to home with men already under contract at San Siro.

‘In my opinion, Milan only need to make a few slight modifications this summer,” the 34-year-old claimed.

“There’s no need for any revolution, especially in attack. We already have Alexandre Pato, Alberto Gilardino and Alberto Paloschi guaranteed to be here.

“Marco Borriello is doing so well at Genoa and I would not hesitate in recalling him. He is strong, powerful and has developed very well during the season.

“I repeat – I don’t want any foreign marksmen. Milan already have stronger players than many other sides and they just need to be given confidence.”

However, there is still speculation that the unsettled Gilardino will quit the club in the summer as he continues to receive irregular starts.

channel4

Don't agree with this. We really need a top forward! And if Gilardino goes we need to recall Borriello.
Fillipo Simone
“There’s no need for any revolution, especially in attack. We already have Alexandre Pato, Alberto Gilardino and Alberto Paloschi guaranteed to be here.

Interesting,..

“I repeat – I don’t want any foreign marksmen. Milan already have stronger players than many other sides and they just need to be given confidence.”

This looks fake to me. I mean, the way he said it,..like he's 25 years old and just had a season with over 20 goals. I really love Pippo but,..we need new power. We need a foreign striker for sure.
redbabies
There isn't any Italian striker who might come and make wonders in Milan (at least not now, or at least I dont know any! unsure.gif )

Good ones are old, and as such I dont want here!

Go for foreigners devil.gif !
Devillito
Pippo is a very good player but he wont make a good coach in the future i think dry.gif
Seems to me that this guy is afraid losing his place should any world class striker come in. Or maybe he's just throwing a sarcasm... or tantrum huh.gif
Tennie
He did actually say something like this -- it was in today's Gazzetta print edition. The general impression I got - mostly from conversations with people in pubs, etc - is that Gila is definitely on his way out of Milan.

Thing is, there've been other articles in Gazzetta over the last three days intimating that Milan are looking at Gomez from Germany and even more closely at bringing Borriello back from loan.
Habitant
well thats nice pippo, at the end of the your opinion means nothing because he is the employee and not the employer.
kdman
He's just talking rubbish. Maybe he's afraid of losing his place, but even at that it was not a wise thing to say. Whether we (or he) like it or not, we NEED to get striker(s) to bail us out.
Devillito
QUOTE (Habitant @ Mar 27 2008, 02:09 PM)
well thats nice pippo, at the end of the your opinion means nothing because he is the employee and not the employer.

Well the scary part of it is Milan is not about this "employee-employer" thing.
They operate like a family, a unit and that what makes Milan special.
So, his comment might affect the management decision.
I hope not tho.. sad.gif
kurtsimonw
They'd better do the opposite of what Pippo says. Another season of fighting for 4th, and possibly playing in the UEFA Cup, is a sure fire way to have Kaka' playing for Madrid in the 09/10 season.
Bluesummers
lol he should keep his mouth shut and retire. Home grown talent? What another gilardino for our 1 man up front, no thanks.
Devillito

Blog: Don’t listen to Pippo

Filippo Inzaghi claims Milan don’t need a new big name striker for next season, a belief Paul Rayment disagrees with
I’ve been a fan of Pippo Inzaghi since he was crowned Capocannoniere in the 1996-97 season and subsequently joined Juventus, becoming one of my favourite Italian players. However, I can’t help but laugh at his recent claims that Milan can stick with their current crop of strikers for the next campaign.

According to Super Pippo, Alexandre Pato, Alberto Gilardino and Alberto Paloschi are guaranteed to be at the club for 2008-09 and a recalled Marco Borriello would give them a strong enough frontline to mount a serious challenge for the forthcoming Scudetto. While Pato has more than silenced his doubters and without question will still be dressed in red and black next term, I can’t agree with the rest of the veteran striker’s comments.

This was a make or break season for Gilardino and a measly tally of nine goals at the half way stage makes dismal reading for a player who has finished second in the scoring tables twice before. Add to this the widely held belief that his lack of first team football will see him move to pastures new during the summer and I don’t see him as a player that the Milanese faithful can count on.

Moving on to Paloschi, without a doubt the kid is a promising talent but a major name for Ancelotti to consider next term? I doubt it. He needs regular minutes on the pitch and a season out on loan would do him the world of good.

Excluding Pato, the Milan striker who has made the biggest impact this season has spent the current term netting 18 goals for an impressive Genoa. While the Rossoblu are obviously keen to keep the Neapolitan hitman – who they part own with the Diavolo – it wouldn’t be surprising for him to make the short trip back to Milan once this campaign ends. However, if Milan are to improve on their current situation they need a striker to rely on and at the moment, they don’t have one.

One obvious omission from Pippo’s list of striking talent was himself, but as he approaches his 35th birthday even he would have to admit that knee injuries and age have caught up with him. Who will Silvio Berlusconi spend his money on next season is anyone’s guess, but one thing is for sure – he shouldn’t listen to the over-confident Inzaghi.

Channel 4
Zed.D
^^^

100% agree with what this article says.
Habitant
if the opinion of the players was always considered we would be stuck with he same guys forever. it's quite evident guys like pippo arent really concerned about winning but to keep intact their group of friends/family. our strikers have been beyond poor for the past 2 years (except for pato of course) so i dont think pippo is the best source of advice.
gawlo
Can't believe

....... it looks like it was yesterday... but when you compare this to our current situation........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.