Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaká: I Can Be Even Better With Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
nuh
The Brazilian superstar was linked with a move to Real Madrid last summer, but after talks with the Rossoneri a move was never likely to take place.

While the Italian club did not want to sell Kaká, the player admits that he has no desire to leave Milan as they have given him everything he needs.

"My father and my agent spoke to people at Milan and they said that I would never be forced to leave and the only way that Madrid could ever do anything was to strike a deal with them first," Kaká told El Mundo.

"Milan made everything so easy when I came and I feel very attached to this team and have never done anything to push myself towards playing in another country."

Kaká then admitted that one of his next targets is to add to his Balon d'Or in order to be considered a great player and thinks that Milan will allow him to do that.

"My objective is to be considered alongside such greats as Cruyff or Van Basten, with three Balon d'Oro's," he continued.

"I do not think I am at my best yet, but I believe that Milan is the club that can help me do that because the team always plays to win."
I_Rossoneri
Kaka could be even better for us if he wasn't consistently fouled mad.gif It seems every team picks him for rough treatment and, IMO, strong punishments should be handed out to the talentless pr1cks smile.gif
dst
I hope he achieves his goal!! smile.gif

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 24 2008, 12:56 PM)
It seems every team picks him for rough treatment and, IMO, strong punishments should be handed out to the talentless pr1cks smile.gif

The thing is, there are fouls that seem "soft" but can inflict great pain... the refs don't have a power-meter or something to decide whether or not a foul is malign. But maybe when the same player is fouled consecutively and deliberately a yellow card should be given even if the foul itself is not so bad...
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 24 2008, 11:09 AM)
I hope he achieves his goal!!  smile.gif
The thing is, there are fouls that seem "soft" but can inflict great pain... the refs don't have a power-meter or something to decide whether or not a foul is malign. But maybe when the same player is fouled consecutively and deliberately a yellow card should be given even if the foul itself is not so bad...

Yellows? Dirty cheating and persisting fouls deserve reds IMO smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 24 2008, 01:42 PM)
Yellows? Dirty cheating and persisting fouls deserve reds IMO smile.gif

If there's guile to take someone out of the game then yes but how can the ref be sure? I don't think opposition players want to take Kaka out of the game, they want to stop him. If it's the former then of course it's a red card and a lengthy ban but... it's hard to tell.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 24 2008, 11:50 AM)
If there's guile to take someone out of the game then yes but how can the ref be sure? I don't think opposition players want to take Kaka out of the game, they want to stop him. If it's the former then of course it's a red card and a lengthy ban but... it's hard to tell.

It's all about the cynicism though. Whether it's a bad challenge or not if the intent is there then it needs punishing until it stops. I remember the Parma game when Ricky was kneed in the back of the knee from behind, IIRC he had to go off after that as it injured him, thing was that wasn't the first 'dirty and malicious' challenge that game as well. Now had the ref had the bollox to card the first offence then perhaps Ricky could have finished the game smile.gif

Dirty, Malicious and persistent fouls need clamping down on, and not just on Ricky neither.
I_Rossoneri
If there's guile to take someone out of the game then yes but how can the ref be sure?

Tackle from behind, knee into the back of Ricky's knee(knowing that he has a problem with his knee wink.gif ), al of these need punishing and stamping down on.

I don't think opposition players want to take Kaka out of the game, they want to stop him. If it's the former then of course it's a red card and a lengthy ban but... it's hard to tell.

They want to take him out because they know that the key to stopping Milan is to stop Ricky. Now I have no problem with man marking Ricky etc, but when the marker resorts to dirty tactics then he should be duly punished smile.gif
Nova
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 24 2008, 01:05 PM)
It's all about the cynicism though. Whether it's a bad challenge or not if the intent is there then it needs punishing until it stops. I remember the Parma game when Ricky was kneed in the back of the knee from behind, IIRC he had to go off after that as it injured him, thing was that wasn't the first 'dirty and malicious' challenge that game as well. Now had the ref had the bollox to card the first offence then perhaps Ricky could have finished the game smile.gif

Dirty, Malicious and persistent fouls need clamping down on, and not just on Ricky neither.

I agree completely.

Unfortunately the refs in Italy are a joke. I remember there was a program on Rai uno (Italian tv) where they would show the highlights of the serie A. And in every game they found match deciding errors. Wheter it was an offside goal , or a cancelled goal wich shouldnt be cancelled to an deserved red card not given or a red card given wich wasnt one. And it was in EVERY game.

My solution would be a 5th ref with a monitor where he can see the replays . And I really hope it will happen too. It a shame if you lost a game cause of human errors .
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 24 2008, 12:15 PM)
I agree completely.

Unfortunately the refs in Italy are a joke. I remember there was a program on Rai uno (Italian tv) where they would show the highlights of the serie A. And in every game they found match deciding errors. Wheter it was an offside goal , or a cancelled goal wich shouldnt be cancelled to an deserved red card not given or a red card given wich wasnt one. And it was in EVERY game.

My solution would be a 5th ref with a monitor where he can see the replays . And I really hope it will happen too. It a shame if you lost a game cause of human errors .

I think it would be an idea to have a video ref(like in rugby), but as long as it was only used in the very tightest of decisions. What I would really like to see though is some kind of retrospective punishment for these dirty challenges on the top players. Perhaps when Rai Uno were watching the highlights they could also add dirty tackles to their list?
Warchant
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 24 2008, 09:32 AM)
I think it would be an idea to have a video ref(like in rugby), but as long as it was only used in the very tightest of decisions. What I would really like to see though is some kind of retrospective punishment for these dirty challenges on the top players. Perhaps when Rai Uno were watching the highlights they could also add dirty tackles to their list?

nfl does a great job of using this and not slowing down the pace of the game. as much as the "league officials" make it seem like it's something that would be hard to institute it really wouldn't be at all.

start the process in serie b or c or in the cup competition and let them work the kinks out. give it a year or 2 and then adopt it in the top flight leagues. withing 4-5 years it would become the norm and wouldn't be hard to institute in the CL and World Cup.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Warchant @ Mar 24 2008, 07:28 PM)
nfl does a great job of using this and not slowing down the pace of the game. as much as the "league officials" make it seem like it's something that would be hard to institute it really wouldn't be at all.

start the process in serie b or c or in the cup competition and let them work the kinks out. give it a year or 2 and then adopt it in the top flight leagues. withing 4-5 years it would become the norm and wouldn't be hard to institute in the CL and World Cup.

The WC would be the first to give it a go IMO.
m1ke
Not sure if this news piece came from the same interview - might as well post it in here:

Kaka has reiterated his attachment to Milan and feels he is “in debt” to the Rossoneri.

The Brazilian ace has thrived at San Siro and won a devastating array of individual awards last term, but he hasn’t enjoyed such success on a team level.

The Rossoneri are in danger of missing out on next season’s Champions League as they trail fourth-placed Fiorentina by four points, but Kaka is still in love with his club.

“I wanted to play at one of Europe’s great clubs and Milan were the only ones to make an offer,” the Brasilia native recalled on Spanish radio show Onda Cero.

“This club gave me the opportunity to realise my full potential and changed my life – I owe them for that.”

Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to lure Kaka to La Liga, but the 25-year-old stressed that he wouldn’t instigate any deal.

“I have always said that there would need to be an agreement between the two sides for me to change clubs.” he said “I am happy in Milan and I feel at ease here.

“Real have never spoken directly to me, but they have been in contact with my agent who told them that they needed to sort things with the club first.”

Kaka has been sidelined since limping off after just 10 minutes of the Diavolo’s Week 29 defeat against Sampdoria.

“I am recovering and I’m over the problem,” he explained. “Luckily for me I have never had a really serious injury in my career.”
redbabies
well of course, if the club wants to sell you..... you have no other choice!
Bluesummers
kaka is going to be at milan for life it seems. king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 25 2008, 07:41 PM)
kaka is going to be at milan for life it seems.  king.gif

When he's officially decided to call it quits, and he's still a Milan player, I will agree with you. Until then, anything can happen in football.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.