Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan to sign Gomez or Berbatov!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
redbabies
AC Milan will sign either Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez or Tottenham Hotspur’s Dimitar Berbatov in the summer, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The Rossoneri have identified a top-class centre forward as their number one transfer priority.

While Chelsea’s Didier Drogba and Arsenal’s Emmanuel Adebayor are more high-profile options, their price tags have scared Milan off.

Instead the dethroned European Champions are looking at two slightly cheaper alternatives in Gomez and Berbatov.

The 22-year-old Stuttgart star Gomez has a Spanish father and a German mother, but has opted to play his national football for the country of his birth, Germany.

The striker, who was Player of the Year in Germany last year, has been in fine form again this season, and is currently the joint top-scorer in the Bundesliga with Luca Toni, on 14 goals.

Berbatov meanwhile is widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the English Premiership, and he has once again been in stunning form this season, scoring 21 goals in 44 appearances for Spurs in all competitions.

The Bulgarian, who was on target again last night in the 4-4 draw with Chelsea, would be open to the move, as he is desperate to play for one of the giants of Europe.

Berbatov would cost in the region of €25m, although it is possible defender Milan Dario Simic may be included as part of the deal.

--------------
goal
-------------

I posted this more for Gomez rather than Berbatov.

I've seen him play (though not that much) and was very good, plus some of my friends that watch Bundesliga all the time said to me that he's the best german striker, and one of the best in Bundesliga along with Toni (they are Bayern fans BTW, and if they speak such high for him..I think that means smth smile.gif )
nuh
i would love to buy berbatov he is my fav player outside milan and one guy in this radio said that he loves berbatov so much that he wants to have his babies
acid911
Bringing someone in from another league (into Serie A in particular) is fraught with risk, but still I'd welcome any one of these two options. Gomez gets my nod, and Berbatov is an excellent choice too. Now, the only question worth asking here is:

Would you like Benzema with any of these? cool.gif
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 21 2008, 05:33 PM)
Bringing someone in from another league (into Serie A in particular) is fraught with risk, but still I'd welcome any one of these two options. Gomez gets my nod, and Berbatov is an excellent choice too. Now, the only question worth asking here is:

Would you like Benzema with any of these? cool.gif

Aguero for me!
I_Rossoneri
€25m for Berbatov? Make that £25m and you'll be closer to the valuation Spurs will have for him. As much as he's a very good player for that money I would rather have Benzema cool.gif

As for Gomez, I haven't had the opportunity to see him play but I have heard that he is pretty good. The thing is though, would either Gomez or Berbatov(or even Benzema) be happy with the possibility of only playing UEFA cup next season? I know that Berbatov at 28 wants to play CL and needs to get it sooner rather than later.
kurtsimonw
I think what Milan needs is a real out and out goalscorer. For those that were complaining about Gila only getting, what.. 12 was it last season? Berbatov only had 12 last season and 13 this season. So he isn't going to get you that many goals!
nuh
u guys look at this berbatov comp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzDFjxV5kLU
faheem_rulz
I wld pefer Torres, Aguero, Berbatov or Benzemna
nuh
i think torres is out of the question i dont see him leaving for a very long time he is happy there and liverpool are happy with him sooo i dont i think he will join milan till he is 32 dry.gif
arivanjj
any of these 2 would do for us... but our best option is still Benzema! smile.gif
dst
I don't think Berbatov is so good for a top team like Milan.
armiss
If he shows what i saw it would be wonderful piece for Milan !
redbabies
Guys Benzema is untouchable, at least for this summer.
He said he doesn't wanna leave and Lyon doens't wanna sell him.

Aguero would be a great choice, but still he's too short (Pato and Paloschi are not tall either) so this would leave us with no-one who can score with a header.

I'd go for Gomez. He's tall, strong, good finisher, skilfull and very powerfull - all we need!
dst
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 22 2008, 06:45 PM)
Aguero would be a great choice, but still he's too short (Pato and Paloschi are not tall either) so this would leave us with no-one who can score with a header.

Paloschi just did score with a header the other day! biggrin.gif But yeah, you're right, we need to strengthen up on that department!
Portman
From those 2, it's difficult for me to say 'cause I don't know Gomez. I heard many good things about him but never watched him play.

On the other hand, I really like Berbatov. He's strong, tall and a top #9 with class. Maybe he's what we need to pair up with Pato upfront.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 22 2008, 12:17 PM)
From those 2, it's difficult for me to say 'cause I don't know Gomez. I heard many good things about him but never watched him play.

On the other hand, I really like Berbatov. He's strong, tall and a top #9 with class. Maybe he's what we need to pair up with Pato upfront.

Gomez is like a mix of inzaghi and sheva i'd say. He is very intelligent about his positioning, not afraid to take on defenders and he has a good finish. Imo his faults are his overall pace. He's not insanely fast but he seems to fit the serie A style.

Benzema would be a perfect buy because he is straight up, mini sheva. No doubt about it.

berbatov i really don't know other than he is rated good in EPL. Would he be able to play in italy?
I_Rossoneri
What about Jo then? I don't know much about him but I hear he's a Leonardo recommendation and that is good enough for me smile.gif

IMO Berbatov is good at times but can be very lazy and Spurs would probably want at least £20m which I can't see us spending. I don't really know anything about Gomez so I can't really comment on him.
Bluesummers
jo (20) can develop into something good but isn't proven
gomez(22) developing into a worldclass striker. Very good.
berbatov(27) Very good, worldclass finisher.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 22 2008, 08:33 PM)
jo (20) can develop into something good but isn't proven
gomez(22) developing into a worldclass striker.  Very good.
berbatov(27)  Very good, worldclass finisher.

Of those three i have only seen Berbatov and yes at times he can be worldclass, but so to can he be absolutely awful. IMO it would be better to go for either Gomez or Jo, and if Leonardo recommends Jo then that suits me fine cool.gif
dst
I would not pay for Berbatov more than a couple of millions more than Tottenham payed for him. I don't think he's done so great to justify such a high price tag... prices of player in and from the EPL are way too far-fetched!

And he's not my choice anyways, I'm not convinced he'd do great in Milan.
redbabies
I've got a feeling that Gomez would be the perfect signing.

I like to have a German on our side. They have a special character, as no-one else.
amancik
the next german in Milan after Bierhoff, I'd go for Gomez!
armiss
I saw Berbatov games , he is really wonderful for Milan style if he show what i saw but I dont know Gomez , is he really perfect for us ?
Habitant
lets sign them both and let them battle to the death!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82yZXXpxY8
Jack Sparrow
^^^

I miss Mortal Kombat wub.gif
nuh
this shows that it is true that we are going to buy gomez
Stuttgart may have moved a step closer to selling Serie A target Mario Gomez after they were linked with Bordeaux ace Fernando Cavenaghi.

The Argentine, who was once suggested to Juventus as a transfer option by Omar Sivori, has been on fire in Ligue 1 since Christmas and he’s being lined up as a Gomez replacement.

Milan and Roma have been paired with the young German in recent weeks, especially after the Bundesliga giants admitted that he won’t stay until the end of his current deal.

“We’re not so naïve as to think that he’s going to remain at Stuttgart for the rest of his career,” sporting director Horst Heldt recently told Sky Sports.

“It’s unrealistic to think that Mario will stay until the end of his contract in 2012, although we obviously hope to keep him for as long as possible.”

Gomez, a key figure for Stuttgart and a rival to Bayern's Luca Toni in the German scoring charts, signed a contract renewal with his current club in the summer of 2007.

Prior to that, he was thought to have been targeted by Juventus before they convinced David Trezeguet to sign a new agreement.

Fiorentina have also been associated with the forward in the peninsula, while clubs in Spain and England are also aware of his talent.
sansiro1708
berbatov similar to ibra
gomez similar to toni
KillerMax
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Mar 24 2008, 10:54 PM)
berbatov similar to ibra

Not at all.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

The mod only talks in monosyllables now?? We're too good for you huh??

M1ke what have you done?? I want the old Max back...

tongue.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Mar 25 2008, 05:54 AM)
berbatov similar to ibra
gomez similar to toni

actually they're both similar to Toni.
milanisti
well i think its the right time to buy a new striker and i say i like more berbatov then gomez
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2008, 04:39 AM)
^^^

M1ke what have you done?? I want the old Max back...

tongue.gif

Impossible! Not after the hazing process he makes you go through... Made my fraternity Hazing seem like a walk in the park...
Portman
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Mar 25 2008, 04:54 AM)
berbatov similar to ibra
gomez similar to toni

I find Pato more similar to Ibra than Berbatov.

Anyway, Pato-Berbatov with Kaka' behind would be top.

Gomez is not a pure german. His father is spaniard. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
He's Spanish...oh shite...they're cursed...

Impossible! Not after the hazing process he makes you go through... Made my fraternity Hazing seem like a walk in the park...

So m1ke is a bully...I've always suspected it. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely... *sigh*
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 26 2008, 05:50 AM)
He's Spanish...oh shite...they're cursed...

So I guess Gomez sounds German to you...
Jack Sparrow
^^

Obama sounds American to you? tongue.gif

I thought he was Portuguese actually...
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 26 2008, 08:59 AM)
^^

His nickname is "TORero" cause his father is from spain. He's a fan of Real Madrid but it is said Gomez prefers Barca (Romario was his idol) to the Merengues (which makes his father really sad laugh.gif ). He never considered playing for Spain though.
Concerning the rumours....it is said (by Stuttgarts coach Armin Veh) that the club has an agreement with Gomez and he promised to play another year in Stuttgart. But if they fail to make it to the CL you never know what happens.

Btw. Germany would have no good striker without migration. Kuranyi (Brazil), Klose, Podolski (both Poland) and Gomez (Spain) all have a parent that was born outside of Germany.....so bring in more of these guys cool.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 26 2008, 07:59 AM)
^^

Gomes = Portuguese. Gomez = Spanish. wink.gif

Lil difference.
Jack Sparrow
'Z' and 'S'?

So if I'm right..

Fernandes => Portuguese
Fernadez => Spanish

unsure.gif

And Perreira is Portuguese through and through?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.