Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheva in Milan loan link
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
whoarethepatriots
Sheva in Milan loan link

Wednesday 19 March, 2008

Reports in Italy state that Andriy Shevchenko will return to Milan on loan next season and that a deal is already taking shape.

Shevchenko left Milan for Chelsea in the summer of 2006 after a phenomenal period at San Siro that saw him hit 127 goals in 208 games.

Despite the record-breaking fee of £30m, the Ukraine international has failed to settle in the Premier League and has seen his career stall at Stamford Bridge.

Sheva is highly likely to seek a new club at the end of the season and he has been sighted in Milan in recent weeks, where he is said to be house hunting.

There have been suggestions that a deal is already being discussed with Chelsea - who are unlikely to oppose the 31-year-old's departure.

Milan are looking to strengthen their front line with Ronaldo sidelined for at least another nine months and have been linked to a host of top names.

While Tottenham’s Dimitar Berbatov is reportedly an option, the vast sum needed to prise him away from White Hart Lane may be a stumbling block.

A loan may prove the ideal bridging solution for both sides and Sheva would be guaranteed the warmest of welcomes from the Milan faithful.

This situation (if it happens) will probably benefit all parties
Tennie
I disagree.

Personally, I think it'd be a disaster to bring Sheva - in the form he's showing now - back. I think the article's dead wrong on how local fans would think too. He may be CHEAPER than Berbatov, but that does not mean he's a better solution than Berbatov (or Drogba or.....).
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 02:49 PM)
I disagree.

Personally, I think it'd be a disaster to bring Sheva - in the form he's showing now - back. I think the article's dead wrong on how local fans would think too. He may be CHEAPER than Berbatov, but that does not mean he's a better solution than Berbatov (or Drogba or.....).

I agree about your comment on the fans, they certainly wouldnt like it.

He would be useful as a 3rd 4th choice striker, Inaghi cant maintain his fitness, Ronaldo is out for a while, Gila is still a question mark

(Insert superstar striker?) - Pato - Gila/Replacement - Sheva - Inzaghi - Paloschi

If we dont get a superstar striker and only Sheva is bought in then its trouble, otherwise it could work. Dont forget he will have a massive point to prove to everyone, and if he does fail he wont be our problem at the end of the season
I_Rossoneri
Disasterous move IMO.

There is absolutely no need for Shevchenko in Milan, he made his decision and should stick to it. The trouble is that the management want to go down the sentiment/cheap route concerning transfers and it's the wrong thing to do if we want to move forward.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 19 2008, 02:46 PM)
This situation (if it happens) will probably benefit all parties

The only ones who'll benefit are Chelsea smile.gif
Bluesummers
sheva won't be playing like pato is playing guys lol. Relax if hes coming its just for big games, not what we had 2 years ago.
vnata001
Baptista, Sheva, Kaka would score BOATLOADS of goals. I am all for us signing a big time long term striker like Benzema or Huntelaar (no1 else is really worth big money IMO). But if Milan is going to be miserly in the market..a sheva loan and a 10 million dollar baptista signing would seal the deal for us.

It seems like Yoaan is off, but according to reports we are looking to get somebody back for him, we wont be offloading him for nothing. Reported swaps for Nasri/Menez.
- i didnt know who menez is before this link..but Samir Nasri is a future star.

We have need for maybe ONE more productive player in each department. The players in (..) would fill the holes we have perfectly. And we could rebuild for no more than 25 Euros!

Attack: (Baptista), Pato, (Sheva), Pippo, Paloschi.

Mids: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Seedorf,(Nasri/Menez)

Defense: (Zambro), Nesta, Bonera/Kaladze/Maldini, Oddo, Cafu.

Ideally: Berba/Benzema/Huntelaar. (at LEAST 20 Mil for ONE of them)

Realistically: Baptista & Sheva. (20 Mil for BOTH)
Tennie
Don't want Baptista, not even for 10m. We made an offer for him last year and he was quite clear in wanting to stay at Madrid. Fine. Let him stay. smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 11:12 PM)
Don't want Baptista, not even for 10m. We made an offer for him last year and he was quite clear in wanting to stay at Madrid. Fine. Let him stay. smile.gif

Me too. and he's unbelievably inconsistent, we need a superstar who can deliver in difficult moments and Baptista, as far as I'm concerned, is not that type of player.
dst
Baptista?? Oh **** please... he's at Brocchi's level!! He's just another Brazilian, overrated piece of ****...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 19 2008, 04:17 PM)
Baptista?? Oh **** please... he's at Brocchi's level!! He's just another Brazilian, overrated piece of ****...

king.gif +1
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 19 2008, 11:17 PM)

Nope, it's rather rare that I disagree with you, but Baptista isn't on that level. He's better then Ambrosini on a DM. Not that I'm against Ambro, but JB is a player who opens up options.

Sheva back on loan? 90% sure IMO,..
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 19 2008, 04:56 PM)
Nope, it's rather rare that I disagree with you, but Baptista isn't on that level. He's better then Ambrosini on a DM. Not that I'm against Ambro, but JB is a player who opens up options.

Sheva back on loan? 90% sure IMO,..

LOL! serie A is much different than la liga. They'll shut down baptista like a dog. If pato was in spanish league he would have at least 15 goals by now because of his pace and dribbling.

Serie A= play chess or lose
La liga= ronaldinho ****.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.