Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan in for Berbatov?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
m1ke
Tottenham star Dimitar Berbatov’s agent admits that his client could be lured by a summer switch to Milan.

The Rossoneri need to add some firepower ahead of next season after losing Brazilian hitman Ronaldo to a long-term knee injury.

While a host of names have been suggested, including Chelsea’s Didier Drogba and Palermo hero Amauri, Berbatov has climbed the wish-list in recent days and it seems the Bulgarian could be tempted by a move to the peninsula.

“If there is any interest from Milan, there has been no contact with his club,” agent Emil Dantchev told Setanta Sports News.

“But the Diavolo are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and I would discuss any possible move with Dimitar.

“At the moment, Dimitar is concentrating on doing his job with Tottenham, but there is plenty of time before the transfer window reopens

“Just because a player is happy doesn’t mean that he cannot be happy anywhere else.”

Spurs are very reluctant to sell their prized asset and it has been suggested that Milan would have to find around £20m to change their minds.
m1ke
Exactly the type of player we need to partner Pato up front, although £20m is a LOT and I can't see Milan spending that much.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

You'd like him here wouldn't you boss? More than Sheva even?
m1ke
I'd take the Sheva of 2004-2006 over anyone else in the world, but I think it'll be a big gamble to buy him back from Chelsea and hopes that he reaches that kind of level again.

Berb plays a complete different game, but one that I think will suit us perfectly. He can score from anywhere, hold the ball up well, and at 6"2' he's a great target man and good in the air. I'm not sure about the 'lazy' tag that seems to be attached to him (although I can see why people would say that). He plays at a slower pace, but rarely gives the ball away and almost always chooses the right option.

Pato - Berbatov - Gila - Pippo - Paloschi king.gif
redbabies
^^^
Sheva's best is gone.

Berbatov is the man we need! With a midfiled like ours, he can just become better.
Jack Sparrow
Well since m1key felt that way...I checked him out on youtube...and this guy I really think could be devastating with Pato and/or Ronaldo.

This is my favourite video of him. It doesn't have too many goals, but it's a video interview where he mentions his fav goals. I don't know which program it is. On Sky I think.

laugh.gif He says he learnt his English from Godfather...I believe him. He's even got that scraping the palm over his cheek thing going. biggrin.gif

Berbatov's Fav Goals

I swear I'm not trying to suck up to the boss...and maybe it's coz I'm sick and tired of watching elasticos and pedaladas and rabonas...but this guy is so cool...no wasted movement, very efficient. He could be like Zlatan, the kind of guy who doesn't seem to make much of an impact through the 90 mins but can suddenly kill the match. Somebody we've needed this season.

Oh and the way he makes things look so easy, without much fancy work, he reminds me a little (just a little...don't spank me 10ie) of a certain swan from utrecht.

But mostly I think it is the way he talks, so quiet and detached...really kewl.

Oh but i'd still take VdV or Diego, we'll let Ramos have Berba for one more season.

Berbatov fan vid--> Check out the ending...hilarious!!

But for the record, he does seem to have everything we need. You can see he's cool with 3 defenders hanging on his back. He is really good at bring aerial balls down, vertical axis passing, one-touch lay offs, finishing is great, and he has what Gila seems to have lost...the ability to sniff out a goal.

Berba over Villa for me...but now that I want him, I don't think I'll be getting him.

Ramos is smart...at least 25 mill euros is what he'll cost. Feck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.