Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
redbabies
AC Milan vs. Sampdoria

Serie A 2007/08 - Week 29

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

San Siro

Time : 19.30 (UK); 20:30 (IT)
Tennie
I think Cassano is still serving his suspension.

Latest news on injuries for Milan is still up in the air. No news on whether Seedorf or Kaka will be available (still being evaulated). Nesta and Janku /should/ be available. Gourcuff hurt his ankle and did individual training.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 16 2008, 01:47 PM)
I think Cassano is still serving his suspension.

Latest news on injuries for Milan is still up in the air. No news on whether Seedorf or Kaka will be available (still being evaulated). Nesta and Janku /should/ be available. Gourcuff hurt his ankle and did individual training.

k that explains why he wasn't at the game.
redbabies
No need to worry what he says but just for your information here are the words of Walter Mazzari:

'We don't ask ourselves what we can achieve. Before Wednesday we'll have one day's rest less than Milan, but we will give our all also against them and we'll continue like this until the end of the season, following our way of thinking.'
Darunia
If we don't have Gourcuff, Seedorf, and Kaka.. we're in big trouble. We'll have no creativity at all.
MizNelson
You think Sampdoria would be higher in the Serie A ranks if Cassano kept his head for more than five minutes at a time?
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 17 2008, 11:06 AM)
You think Sampdoria would be higher in the Serie A ranks if Cassano kept his head for more than five minutes at a time?

Yes, very. Cassano leaks talent, but he needs to have someone like Paolo around to mend his attitude problems. He is in a league of his own when it comes to being a bad boy - not even Totti comes close. smile.gif I still remember his days in Roma, though.
acid911
Getting back to the match, my prediction would be 2-1 in our favor. Unless we completely lack creativity in the midfield, in which cast it would be 1-2. tongue.gif
Zed.D
I think Pato will score in this one since he's [almost] always scored once in every two games.

Napoli: 1 goal
Udinese: NA
Atalanta: NA
Genoa: 2 goals
Reggina: NA
Fiorentina: 1 goal
Palermo: NA
Catania: 1 goal
Lazio: NA
Empoli: 1 goal
Roma: NA
Sampdoria: ?
Tennie
There's good news and bad news from today's training.

The good news: Nesta and Janku trained regularly with the team and are (to quote/translate from acmilan.com) 'to all effects recuperated'.

The bad news: Kalac twisted a knee in training and his condition will be evaluated.

Kaka and Seedorf trained separately, though Seedorf said in an interview that he feels better and expects to be available for selection.
Zed.D
^^

Well, I think Kalac should go back to the bench. he's not been playing well lately.

Bring Dida back... I miss him!!
kurtsimonw
So Dida will be playing? 1-2 for me then.
Darunia
Dida
Oddo Nesta Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka Seedorf
Pato

good, solid team if we get some injured players back.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 18 2008, 01:40 AM)
Dida
Oddo Nesta Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka Seedorf
Pato

good, solid team if we get some injured players back.

I'd like to see Pato-Paloschi up front. but I think the Christmas tree is more probable, especially after the way we played against Roma.
Tennie
I'd love to see Paloschi with Pato but agree with zd. The Christmas Tree is more likely if Seedorf and Kaka both return. If one of them doesn't make it, then switch to a 4-3-1-2 with Paloschi partnering Pato. (I'm really impressed with Paloschi. He's come out of nowhere and he has an impact every time he plays).

I just checked and Gazzetta is predicting Darunia's lineup almost exactly; the only change is that they've got Kalac in goal.
Fillipo Simone
I'd prefer Kalac. He's been nothing special but there's no reason to make a sudden change.

But to see Kaladze again,..Kaladzity or not, this man is really a cat with 99 lives. For god's sake, why not Dario-Sandro, Daniele-Sandro, anything but Kala again. If he'll be the one to take care of Cassano we could be in trouble.
Darunia
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 17 2008, 05:32 PM)
I'd prefer Kalac. He's been nothing special but there's no reason to make a sudden change.

But to see Kaladze again,..Kaladzity or not, this man is really a cat with 99 lives. For god's sake, why not Dario-Sandro, Daniele-Sandro, anything but Kala again. If he'll be the one to take care of Cassano we could be in trouble.

I prefer Kalac as well but

MILAN - A.C. Milan communicates that Zeljko Kalac has suffered a trauma to his right knee during today's training. He was immediately subjected to cures. His condition will be evaluated tomorrow.
| |

Tennie
And remember: Cassano is still serving his suspension and we won't see him.
dst
We've seen time and time again that a high number of dmf's does NOT provide us with defensive stability. I hope to (sadly I know I will not) see Pato and Paloschi to play together up front and only Pirlo with Ambro in front of the defense... Gattuso needs some rest and this is the right time... we're playing at San Siro for ****s sake!
MizNelson
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2008, 11:39 AM)
So Dida will be playing? 1-2 for me then.

*sends kurt to room without supper*

Gattuso needs some rest and this is the right time

This is the right time to rest quite a few guys. Kaka and Seedorf...whoever's more banged up should not play on Wednesday.
arivanjj
Dida biggrin.gif... i'm actually really anxious for this game, let's see if hes snapped out of his bad form!

FORZA DIDA!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 17 2008, 05:35 PM)
I prefer Kalac as well but

MILAN - A.C. Milan communicates that Zeljko Kalac has suffered a trauma to his right knee during today's training. He was immediately subjected to cures. His condition will be evaluated tomorrow.
  |    | 

i bet it's bs to get dida back in there. just watch he'll start all our remaining games

i actually have the feeling he'll have a decent game. does it change the fact that he's finished and must leave? not at all.
misha
Seedorf keeps fourth faith

Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf is adamant that Rossoneri will finish in fourth place, despite last weekend’s defeat against Roma.

The Diavolo saw a 1-0 lead evaporate in a dramatic 2-1 defeat away to Roma at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday night.

The world champions’ misery was intensified by victories for Juventus and Fiorentina on Sunday and now Milan trail the Champions League qualification places by four points.

However, Seedorf, who was the Rossoneri’s outstanding player in the capital, is keeping the faith that Milan can avoid the unthinkable of settling for a UEFA Cup spot.

“I think that with conviction and determination this side will manage to finish in fourth,” the Dutch international told the Milan Channel.

“As far as our morale is concerned, if we were expecting a series of Finals before the Roma game then now we are expecting it to be harder still.

“But I don’t think that there is any other side in Italy who know how to play a Final better than we do,”
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2008, 02:02 AM)

huh.gif Have you forgotten his super saves so soon? [I could remind you if you want...]. or is it that you just don't like him?
Zed.D
I wouldn't mind seeing Offredi play on Wednesday if Kala and Dida are not available.
m1ke
Why do we need to rest any players? This game against Samp is massive - it's not like we've got anything else to play for.

Sure, take some key players off if the game is going well, but I think it would be a bad move to start with anything less than our strongest (available) 11.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 18 2008, 09:50 AM)
huh.gif Have you forgotten his super saves so soon? [I could remind you if you want...]. or is it that you just don't like him?

No. I meant recently. But does saves are normal IMO for a Milan keeper. The only match he was extra ordinary was against Fiorentina.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2008, 01:19 PM)
No. I meant recently. But does saves are normal IMO for a Milan keeper. The only match he was extra ordinary was against Fiorentina.

I agree he's been shaky recently, but I don't think he was impressive only against Fiorentina...

Anyway, I want either Dida or Offredi [I'm really curious to see how good he is] against Sampdoria.
han2503
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 18 2008, 09:44 AM)
Why do we need to rest any players? This game against Samp is massive - it's not like we've got anything else to play for.

Sure, take some key players off if the game is going well, but I think it would be a bad move to start with anything less than our strongest (available) 11.

My thoughts exactly
Tennie
Highlights from Carletto's prematch press conference:

* Il Capitano will be rested v. Samp
* Kaka, Nesta and Seedorf are back. smile.gif
* Janku may play; if he's not ready, Favalli will
* Dida had the flu over the weekend; that's why he wasn't on the bench
* Sammarco is one of the loaned players they're looking at maybe bringing back. (Sammarco is a midfielder co-owned with Samp).
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 18 2008, 05:11 PM)

* Sammarco is one of the loaned players they're looking at maybe bringing back. (Sammarco is a midfielder co-owned with Samp).

Why Favalli?! dry.gif where's Il Concorde?
Tennie
I believe Sergio is still injured. sad.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 18 2008, 05:41 AM)

It's always fun to hear Carlo hit out at false press reports.
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page)

Call ups:

MILANELLO - Ecco i convocati del Milan per domani:
Dida, Kalac, Fiori
Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo
Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf
Gilardino, Pato, Paloschi.
Giocatori non convocati [players not called up]: Aubameyang, Digao, Maldini, Simic.
Giocatori indisponibili [players not available for selection]: Cafu, Inzaghi, Ronaldo, Serginho

I really would like to know what Simic did to piss Carletto off.
nuh
i think he is pissed with him from wht happend in 0506 when simic said something like carleto is not fair by not playing him and he might leave cuz of him i dunno something like that
.......oh yeah and did u guys notice that kalac looks like jaws in james bond
MizNelson
QUOTE (acmilan.com)
"Kalac should play, for the rest we should recover Kaka, Seedorf, Nesta and Jankulovski."

Damn it. mad.gif
nuh
why do u want dida to play soo bad he is going to mess up
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (nuh @ Mar 18 2008, 05:41 PM)
i think he is pissed with him from wht happend in 0506  when simic said something like carleto is not fair by not playing him and he might leave cuz of him i dunno something like that
.......oh yeah and did u guys notice that kalac looks like jaws in james bond

Never heard something like that happened?? Also in 06/07 Simic played, and he played really well. I remember the Parma match for example! I don't know..maybe Simic said he wants to stay, so there's no need of showing him off,..But something must have happened.

Kalac? I've been telling that for years,...same high, same hairstyle, same look,..were's Roger Moore?
Bluesummers
simic play? theres no need to call him up. Nesta maldini bonera and kaladze are better than him. Calling him would be a waste of a spot. Also he is defintaley NOT going to replace oddo at RB. I would say release him or use him in berbatov sale.
misha
You should be able to watch the game through this site: http://www.atdhe.fr
Tennie
Couple of notes from the 'breaking news' section on acmilan.com's italian page:

1. Kalac seems to have recovered and should start for sure.
2. Ronie had lunch with the squad today
3. (this is a surprise?) Simic is playing with the primavera today. Maybe he's been injured and is just getting back to fitness?
jefri91
Anyone living in the Middle East know what channel this will be showed on?
Its not on ART or JSP
Ry4n
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 19 2008, 04:51 PM)
Anyone living in the Middle East know what channel this will be showed on?
Its not on ART or JSP

im checking the Al jazeera sport website now for you but im in the UK so ill have to watch it on Bet365

Checked doesnt seem to be on Al Jazeera blink.gif unsure.gif
whoarethepatriots
I dont know if i should watch this match or Derby Della Capitale
armiss
MILAN-SAMPDORIA: LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
19/03/2008

MILAN: Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Pato.

Very Normal !

SAMPDORIA: Castellazzi; Lucchini, Gastaldello, Accardi; Maggio, Sammarco, Volpi, Palombo, Pieri; Delvecchio, Bonazzoli.
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page)

Lineup:

MILAN: Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Pato.
Ry4n
45 minutes til kick off
MizNelson
That sucks. Dida should've gotten the start.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 19 2008, 06:51 PM)
That sucks. Dida should've gotten the start.

Are you in complete control of your senses? tongue.gif
Ry4n
Does anyone know how the Audio will work on Showtime ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.