Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [B]Inzaghi Out For Three Weeks With Hernia [/B]
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
omahawi
Inzaghi Out For Three Weeks With Hernia

AC Milan will be without Pippo Inzaghi for around 20 days, as the striker is suffering from an inguinal hernia.

The 34-year-old missed the weekend win over Empoli with the problem, and after a number of medical tests he has been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. 

Fortunately for SuperPippo, he will not require surgery to correct the problem, and will just undergo a 20-day period of rest, therapy and some exercises. 

Doctors believe Inzaghi picked up the problem due to a physical imbalance in his body resulting from a recent ankle injury. 

He will miss this weekend’s big match with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico, as well as the games with Sampdoria, Torino and Atalanta. 

The prolific goalscorer should be fit enough to return for the home clash with Cagliari on April 6. 

Milan have been hit hard by problems in the striking department this season, with Inzaghi and Ronaldo missing large portions of the season through injury, and Alberto Gilardino continually misfiring. 

The Rossoneri are currently in fifth place in Serie A, one point behind Fiorentina in the fourth and final Champions League position. 

Roberto Rossi

Are we going to see more of Paloschi? I am hoping so.
dst
Well... he is not getting much time nowadays anyway...
Warchant
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 12 2008, 09:54 AM)
Well... he is not getting much time nowadays anyway...

exactly what i was thinking
acid911
With us crashing out of Europe, and the emergence of Pato + Paolschi, he absence will not cause much trouble. Plus, that's not even considering that his powers in the league have waned and no way near his peak.

All said and done, get well soon, Pip. cool.gif
august_milan
seems like retirement would be a likely solution for pippo soon aswell with these injurys....atleast ronaldo played 3 games then got injured...inzaghi plays one then gets injured....you begin to wonder if it is worth keepin him in the team?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (august_milan @ Mar 12 2008, 08:23 PM)
seems like retirement would be a likely solution for pippo soon aswell with these injurys....atleast ronaldo played 3 games then got injured...inzaghi plays one then gets injured....you begin to wonder if it is worth keepin him in the team?

he's good for some occasions. I say keep him, besides its not like hes playing regularly anyways.
Jack Sparrow
^^^
And he doesn't complain...and he can still win matches...and he's still a milan hero and a million other reasons.

Pippo, Cafu,Sergio are not people you 'offload'. They can leave when they want to. We owe them that much. Or else we would just be 'Real' Milan. puke.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 12 2008, 11:02 PM)
^^^
And he doesn't complain...and he can still win matches...and he's still a milan hero and a million other reasons.

Pippo, Cafu,Sergio are not people you 'offload'. They can leave when they want to. We owe them that much. Or else we would just be 'Real' Milan. puke.gif

blink.gif
august_milan
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 12 2008, 10:02 PM)
^^^

i know what u mean....u cant just throw a player out on the street thats done soo much for you club, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. cafu wants to sign another year contract but as much as i hate to say it i dont think hes doing enough for the club to extend his contract rather then buyin new younger talant. i know its convenient for him to sit on the bench and get a paycheque and play once every 2 months but thats when the managment should step in n say i think its time to retire and offer him a severance package, cuz by keepin players like this is only hurting us in the long run.

By keepin players like this is only allowing the management to put off buing new players that if they were being signed now they would get used to the style of play and get used to there teammates. properly managed teams solve this problem alot sooner, and only need to replace a few positions in a team each year not 6 or 7 players thats replacing almost half the team...and when milan finnaly buy a whoel bunch of players to replace these positions i wont be suprised if milan continue to play poorly cuz theres gonna be no chemistry in the team.
Tennie
I'd be willing to bet that the guys like Cafu and Sergio are on contracts rather reduced in value than what a starting wingback'd get. So it's not necessarily a lot of money involved, or not as much as some might think.

And having Cafu around is vitally important. He's the point of reference for the Brazilians in the squad. Just look at Pato's interview today. smile.gif Cafu's the Brazilian Godfather, if you will. Kicking him out or terminating his contract would be a really bad idea for reasons other than how many minutes he plays.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 14 2008, 12:10 AM)
I'd be willing to bet that the guys like Cafu and Sergio are on contracts rather reduced in value than what a starting wingback'd get. So it's not necessarily a lot of money involved, or not as much as some might think.

And having Cafu around is vitally important. He's the point of reference for the Brazilians in the squad. Just look at Pato's interview today. smile.gif Cafu's the Brazilian Godfather, if you will. Kicking him out or terminating his contract would be a really bad idea for reasons other than how many minutes he plays.

You're right, as always king.gif

I just think keeping them in the team shouldn't lead to "we're fine as we are" bullsh1ts as we know the problem is they cannot lead us to big victories anymore. buy some world-class players and let Sergio and Cafu and Pippo and stay; who's to complain?!...
august_milan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 13 2008, 01:40 PM)

its not just bout salary cap its about taking up space in our roster aswell....i agree with him being a mentor to the younger brazilians in the squad but i think they would be just as effective as an authority figure if they became trainers or something like that to still be a part of the club and still have an impact on players. Like when Billy retired....he became an assistant coach right away...im sure theres some lower positions that can be filled that would make everyone happy.
dst
Cafu should be made Milan's ambassador in Brazil or something... smile.gif
KingKaka
get wel soon pippo eat all ur cornflakes grow stronger ohmy.gif
Fillipo Simone
^^ laugh.gif

Pippo out? Allways bad news. The only person I wanna see out is,..
august_milan
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 13 2008, 05:13 PM)
Cafu should be made Milan's ambassador in Brazil or something...  smile.gif

See problem solved biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.