Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moratti regrets selling Pirlo
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Locke Lamora
Internazionale president Massimo Moratti said the sale of Andrea Pirlo to rivals Milan has been the biggest mistake in his career.

The Italian giants celebrated their centenary this weekend after becoming independent from their city's rivals, but Moratti was far from in party mood admitting he regrets letting the Italian midfielder go.

"Andrea Pirlo's sale has been a really bad mistake," Moratti told Sky Italia.

"It was my responsibility to never give him to Milan. He was a player I liked a lot, I signed him and I was really keen on him, but then I did this mistake," he added.

The Nerazzurri are rocked after two defeats, a draw and a win in their last four games in Serie A, seeing their nine-point gap from second placed Roma, slip to just six.

Sky Sports

laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
He really has grown into a top player. How much did we pay for him, or was he free?
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 10 2008, 02:56 AM)
"Andrea Pirlo's sale has been a really bad mistake," Moratti told Sky Italia.

Ha, yes, sucker. It was a mistake letting him come here. Though I've got to admit, he did make it up for it by snapping up Ibrahimovich. sad.gif
Bluesummers
now sell us ibra please.
MizNelson
I keep forgetting Pirlo was an Inert reject. Nonetheless, I couldn't ever picture him wearing blue and black.
Jack Sparrow
^^

So was Seedorf....they used to call him 'Calamity Clarence'... laugh.gif

Inter really don't know what to do with players who have technique.
Zed.D
^^

Now they do, don't they?
armiss
It wasnt a big mistake , because you saved Our beloved Pirlo from Your Hell Mazzimmo Motratti !
MizNelson
"Calamity Clarence"? Heh.

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 9 2008, 11:46 PM)
Now they do, don't they?

Well, none of Seedorf and Pirlo's six CLs came from Inert. smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
Inter and Mr. Moratti,..a tragicomic story for alltimes,..
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 10 2008, 05:02 AM)
I keep forgetting Pirlo was an Inert reject. Nonetheless, I couldn't ever picture him wearing blue and black.

You can now. tongue.gif

dst
^^ laugh.gif Thank you Moratti! wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2008, 12:08 AM)
You can now.  tongue.gif

Looks horrible puke.gif
Tennie
puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif Oh, ick. Kurt, that's just a really yucko picture.

Poor Andrea, that he had to put that jersey on. sad.gif
Gila_Soul
biggrin.gif

Get it up you Moratti.
acid911

Sorry, I can't cut myself away to find out as I'm too busy, but any idea why Pirlo's got a star on his shirt, above the Inter logo. It's not like they won five Champions Leagues, or back to back victories, did they? My brother's going nuts over this! blink.gif
Tennie
The stars above logos on Serie A jerseys are awarded for every 10 scudetti that a team wins. Milan and the Merda both have 1 star; the Zebras have 2.
acid911
Gotcha. Thanks, Ten. I read it some time ago on Wiki, but couldn't quite recall it. sad.gif Plus, if I'm not mistaken the Merda don't carry the star on their Champions League uniform? Only Madrid, Milan and Liverpool do.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 11 2008, 02:02 PM)
The stars above logos on Serie A jerseys are awarded for every 10 scudetti that a team wins. Milan and the Merda both have 1 star; the Zebras have 2.

Manchester City has 3 stars above their emblem...as part of "design".laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 11 2008, 04:14 PM)
Gotcha. Thanks, Ten. I read it some time ago on Wiki, but couldn't quite recall it. sad.gif Plus, if I'm not mistaken the Merda don't carry the star on their Champions League uniform? Only Madrid, Milan and Liverpool do.

I think Bayern and Ajax have it too but I'm not sure.
august_milan
seeing the picture of pirlo in an merda jersey just seem soo outragous its like the picture was photoshoped lol
Jack Sparrow
You needed further proof that he doesn't 'fit in'?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.