Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan bid for Brazilian Nedved Saturday 8 March, 2008
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Ry4n
Milan bid for Brazilian Nedved Saturday 8 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan are once again looking to Brazil for their summer shopping with Fluminense midfielder Thiago Neves – nicknamed the new Pavel Nedved.

According to Brazilian newspaper O’Globo, the 23-year-old is the ideal figure to rejuvenate their ageing midfield.

Neves has already impressed with his club in the Copa Libertadores, has scored 20 goals in 60 games and is an Under-23 international.

The Rossoneri are eager to snap him up before he appears in the Beijing Olympics in August, as his price-tag could shoot up with a good showing.

Neves is a versatile player, as his fans have played on his tactical resemblance to Juve’s Czech hero by calling him Thiago Nedveds.

He could play out wide on the left, which is a role that has traditionally been problematic in Carlo Ancelotti’s squad.

Fluminense Vice-President Tote Menezes has boosted talk of negotiations by publicly urging Milan to “make a formal offer.”

Channel 4 News
Portman

He's a solid attacking midfielder. People in Brazil call him Nedved because of his long distant screamers, good passing and top tecnique.

Here's a video of him: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f02OdkXWeiQ

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Noticia/...75-4284,00.html

This is the brazillian link where they guarantee a Milan director had a dinner with a Fluminense vice-president last night. The reason was Neves.
whoarethepatriots
He seems to be a good player, Lets hope we can get him

On the plus side he is 23 not an inexperienced teenager
LaPalma
Nedved...brazilian blink.gif

Not another brazilian...PLEASE!
Ry4n
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 8 2008, 02:54 PM)

Why not ??

If hes as good as everyone says he is then we should sign him Brazlian or not , only bad thing is then we cant sign another person from outside the EU until next season unsure.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Mar 8 2008, 03:59 PM)
Why not ??

If hes as good as everyone says he is then we should sign him Brazlian or not , only bad thing is then we cant sign another person from outside the EU until next season  unsure.gif

Because I don't want us to become like Inter when it comes to player signings (OK, they buy Argies and we buy brazilians). After all this is an italian team.
Portman
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 8 2008, 02:54 PM)

Cafu, Serginho and some other brazillians we have are leaving. It's pretty obvious we're gonna buy some to sub them.

Everybody knows Galliani and Berlusconi love the idea of Milan = Italians + Brazil. We'll always have a strong connection with them.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 8 2008, 03:03 PM)
Because I don't want us to become like Inter when it comes to player signings (OK, they buy Argies and we buy brazilians). After all this is an italian team.

We are going to loose 6 Brazillians; Dida, Cafu, Serginho, Diago?, Emerson, and possibly Ronaldo

Net migration will be negative, so its not like we are gaining any brazilians
Ry4n
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 8 2008, 03:03 PM)

Don't worry about that we will never become like inter but remember Cafu , Serginho , Dida will retire soon maybe a couple of years then after that there wont be so many Brazlians.

Inter is Inter puke.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 8 2008, 03:06 PM)
We are going to loose 6 Brazillians; Dida, Cafu, Serginho, Diago?, Emerson, and possibly Ronaldo

Net migration will be negative, so its not like we are gaining any brazilians

lol dam it u got there before me , dam my slow typing skills i try not to sound sarcastic so i keep retyping what i type tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
With the rate all these 'new *enter player name here*' we may as well just buy the new Dida to replace Dida, the Cafu to replace Cafu, the new Pirlo to replace Pirlo.. you see where this is going.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2008, 03:38 PM)
With the rate all these 'new *enter player name here*' we may as well just buy the new Dida to replace Dida, the Cafu to replace Cafu, the new Pirlo to replace Pirlo.. you see where this is going.

A Younger Milan ? tongue.gif
nuh
is this true cuz rht now i am not in a mood to be lied to dry.gif
.....and also this guy looks like cr.7
Il Capitano
QUOTE (nuh @ Mar 8 2008, 03:45 PM)
is this true cuz rht now i am not in a mood to be lied to  dry.gif
.....and also this guy looks like cr.7

Just rumors as always, Believe only in official statements.
Darunia
I hope we sign him, he can be a good attacking player on our left side, we need a player of his quality off the bench.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Mar 8 2008, 02:59 PM)
Why not ??

If hes as good as everyone says he is then we should sign him Brazlian or not , only bad thing is then we cant sign another person from outside the EU until next season  unsure.gif

When you consider that we could waste our non EU space to Sheva then I don't think it's a bad thing smile.gif Sign Neves if just to stop Sheva returning smile.gif smile.gif
omahawi
nah it doesn't work like that. the non - EU spot doesn't count with Sheva. Ukraine is a EU nation also the non - EU counts towards players coming from a non - EU nation and being non EU in nationality. let's say they sign Drogba. it won't count against the spot because he is coming from an EU league. hope that clears up some rules. GOD I LOVE FM 2008. =) the only rules i still don't understand are the damn Dutch ones.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2008, 08:38 PM)

If there is one thing you can be sure of in the future of football, it's inflated prices, inflated egos, and comparisons like this. Pato the new Ronaldo? Messi the new Maradona? Gorcuff the new Zidane? You bet. cool.gif

QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 8 2008, 08:05 PM)
Cafu, Serginho and some other brazillians we have are leaving. It's pretty obvious we're gonna buy some to sub them.
Everybody knows Galliani and Berlusconi love the idea of Milan = Italians + Brazil. We'll always have a strong connection with them.

Ditto. And I don't have any problem with it. Keep the core Italian, and fill out with Brazilians. Throw in a bunch of French, Dutch and some random Czech/Croatian guys. Rinse and repeat if necessary. Oh, and it's not like our Brazilians are like Inter's Argies - they make their contributions to Milan, and actually win something. laugh.gif

Perosnally, he's more than welcome. Seems like a good, strong, lad. And we don't have too many of his type around in our locker room. Not to mention he's only 23, so can give us a good ten years at least.
Darunia
I'm pretty sure Gallani said Sheva would count towards a Non-EU spot in the past.
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 8 2008, 05:06 PM)

You wanna bet on Cafu, Emerson, Digao and maybe even Serginho being with Milan next season? Ronaldo will be offered a new contract too. And in the end, Dida might stay as well...

Nonetheless, I'd welcome this guy Neves.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2008, 10:11 PM)
You wanna bet on Cafu, Emerson, Digao and maybe even Serginho being with Milan next season? Ronaldo will be offered a new contract too. And in the end, Dida might stay as well...

Dida's got another three years(I think) on his contract, I wouldn't bet on him leaving soon.
redbabies
The only possible (true) rumours that are linked with Milan come from Brazil.

So, I believe this (more than other ones) and I hope we get him, if he's that good.

He's only 23 but in the 1st photo that Porty posted he looks like 33.
Fillipo Simone
Pure invention IMO.

Chances for that transfer about 2.5%
Ry4n
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 8 2008, 08:34 PM)
When you consider that we could waste our non EU space to Sheva then I don't think it's a bad thing smile.gif  Sign Neves if just to stop Sheva returning smile.gif  smile.gif

tooshay
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2008, 10:11 PM)

I am very sure Cafu and Sergio will leave. I want Emerson, Dida and Olivera to leave. Ronaldo i am pretty sure is finished and wont be offered a new contract

As for Digao, i am indifferent about him. If him staying means Kaka is more settled, so be it, otherwise i would prefer him to be loaned to a Serie B team or a lower team from Serie A (Parma, Empoli, Siena not too bothered)
redbabies
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 9 2008, 06:58 PM)
I am very sure Cafu and Sergio will leave. I want Emerson, Dida and Olivera to leave. Ronaldo i am pretty sure is finished and wont be offered a new contract

As for Digao, i am indifferent about him. If him staying means Kaka is more settled, so be it, otherwise i would prefer him to be loaned to a Serie B team or a lower team from Serie A (Parma, Empoli, Siena not too bothered)

He's payed 200,000 euros a year. I dont care (neither does Silvio) if he stays.

If Kaka want him there, he should have him there. Thats it!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 9 2008, 06:58 PM)

Serginho probably cause of his injury record. The others? I don't think so. Emerson most certainly not. Remember, we are building a new squad. He still can offer some good games, but not as a playmaker against Siena when loosing 0-1 at home, no, as a DM-destroyer when we lead 1-0 at Delle Alpi.

It seems like everyone expects us to buy 7-9 players in the next transfer window??
But that won't happen!

I don't care who will leave, I just care who'll be hired! The only players who I wish would leave are Gilardino and Brocchi, they cause pain when I watch..
Bluesummers
gilardino needs to leave soccer. not to another club, he should just quit playing. he is a disease.
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 9 2008, 08:45 PM)
gilardino needs to leave soccer.  not to another club, he should just quit playing.  he is a disease.

laugh.gif
Zed.D
I prefer Diego...
littlechris
I hope he is good enough to solve our midfield problem. if not so weder bremen Diego will be a good option. lahm and barzagli should be included, Benzima will form the best attack with Pato and Kaka Gilardino out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.