* With Chelsea FC:
» FA Premier League (2): 2004/05; 2005/06
» Football League Cup (2): 2004/05, 2006/07
» FA Cup: 2007
» FA Community Shield: 2005
Portman
Mourinho: Italy or Spain? 
Thursday 6 March, 2008 ::: channel4.com

Jose Mourinho has expressed his desire to return to management in either Serie A or La Liga.

The former Porto Coach is enjoying a break from football at his home in Setubal, Portugal, after leaving English giants Chelsea in September.

“I am studying at the moment but next year I would like to return to the game,”
the opinionated Portuguese tactician told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

When asked about his future, the 'Special One' seemed to have a clear idea of the direction he wants his career to move in.

“Italy or Spain. After that, I want to go back to England and then I would like the Portugal job,” he revealed.

“I am looking for a club that completely believes in my project. A club that believes I am the ideal man.”

Mourinho has been linked with both Milan and Inter in recent months, although Spanish giants Barcelona could also be an option if Frank Rijkaard were to leave.

“Inter President Massimo Moratti is someone I respect a lot as a person who loves football and his club, but I have never spoken to him.

“I am free and have no pre-contracts or gentlemen's agreements with anyone. I want to Coach.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar6g.html

Some quotes on his interview today on Gazzetta.
Darunia
Barca or Milan. Unless Inter fails to win Serie A somehow. If he goes to Barca I can see Milan getting Rikjaard or no one.
Darunia
Jose Mourinho has warned Chelsea he is out to 'kill' them when he returns to management.

The former Blues boss reiterated his love for the club he managed for more than three years before his sensational departure in September.

But he is desperate to meet them in Champions League combat next season and knock them out of Europe.

'I hope to play them next season in the Champions League,' said the Portuguese, speaking in Valencia at the official global launch of MiCoach.

'If I play them in the Champions League, I want to go there and kill them - that's my message.'

Mourinho was replaced by Avram Grant, who had originally been brought to Stamford Bridge as director of football.

He refused to express an opinion on his successor, saying: 'I feel nothing for him, I feel everything for the club, but not for him personally.

'I still feel Chelsea is a part of me, I'll have Chelsea in my heart forever.

'I left and for five months you couldn't get a bad word from me in relation to the club and you cannot do it in the future too.'

Mourinho's departure was shrouded in mystery, with the build-up dominated by rumours of a falling out with billionaire owner Roman Abramovich.

But he revealed he and the Russian had kept in contact and were on good terms.

'I think it was last week that I spoke with people from the club,' he said.

'I was speaking with Mr Abramovich and (chief executive) Peter Kenyon because we still keep in touch.

'I was telling them I wish them always good, I wish them always to succeed, I wish them always to win.'

Let's get him after we quailfy!
Tennie
With all due respect to Porty and others who think Berlusconi should hire him, the thoughth of Jose Mourinho as head coach of AC Milan makes me want to puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif . That said, I don't want to start any fights in the thread and likely won't be posting anything more in it. Just wanted to register my opinion.
dst
I hope Real, Inter and Juventus will stick to what they have... I would not want to see him in any of these teams.
kurtsimonw
This would be the best move the board could possibly make. Better than singing any one player. And, you stole my sig picture! ohmy.gif tongue.gif

P.S. What is it with Brazilians/Portugese with like.. 20 names!
Bluesummers
carlo or mourinho is fine with me. but mourinho would garuntee gourcuff some time i guess lol where as carlo thinks gila is some superstar who should get playing time dry.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 6 2008, 07:42 PM)
With all due respect to Porty and others who think Berlusconi should hire him, the thoughth of Jose Mourinho as head coach of AC Milan makes me want to  puke.gif  puke.gif  puke.gif . That said, I don't want to start any fights in the thread and likely won't be posting anything more in it. Just wanted to register my opinion.

What you said. Exactly that.
Habitant
I must admit i would love to see this guy manage us, and it would keep him away teams like real and inter.

It seems like theres a quite a few here that want him too come, I guess i'll have to jump on the bandwagon tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 7 2008, 03:41 AM)
carlo or mourinho is fine with me.  but mourinho would garuntee gourcuff some time i guess lol where as carlo thinks gila is some superstar who should get playing time

Carlo has more of an elitist attitude, that's all. So if someone isn't a proven, numero uno, best in the universe start player, then good luck with playing time. Gorcuff isn't the only one: he's done this to Henry while at Juve, he's doing this now to younger players, the two Aubemyang dudes, Foggia maybe, and the Frenchster. We're struggling at this time, and instead of trying new options, he's stuck with the old proven players. I remember Paloschi's first game, and when he scored the goal, Carlo's face expression was really weired, like how could this guy have scored so soon? dry.gif

- Great coach, check.
- Friendly atmosphere, check.
- Good charisma, check.
- Agreeing with everything the management says, check.
- Making stupid, mindless substitutions, check.
- Buying 30 year old horses during transfers, check.

Not all of this is his fault, and this doesn't in any way mean I don't respect the man. I like him as much as any top coach in the business. But maybe his time is coming, he's been with us since 2001 after all. If it's not now, a couple of years down the road, maybe more. We do have to bring in some changes at the top. Better be prepared for it. smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
Uhm no... laugh.gif

I've already made my opinion on this matter clear. If anything I think it's a tribute to Carlo how people think he's gonna be fired because of one 'mediocre' season. If this is a mediocre season, I wonder what finishing outside the UEFA Cup rankings was. Yup we've done that too... biggrin.gif

As for Jose, I don't have anything against the man... I don't think he's puke.gif either...I'm pretty sure his attitude with the English media was fighting fire with fire...acting a cvnto to deal with cvntos (no offence to the more respectable english newspapers). But somethings about him, which I think go against my (and this is very subjective) opinion of Milan.

1. He quit Chelsea because of infighting. Infighting??? Have you even heard of this word in Milan?? We're truly a band of brothers.

2. With some of the most supremely talented players in world, his team still depended on Drogba and Lampard to a large extent to haul them through.(Just saying, because some people say Carletto got lucky with Kaka!). And what about the depth that this team had. This Chelsea should by all means have been the team of the decade...it was a who's who wasn't it?

3. The day Carletto is given a bunch of players, with a total worth of 120 million euros, and each earning 6-12 mill a year and told to fight on all 3 fronts, then I'll consider it an even fight between two great coaches.

The only reason I don't write of Jose completely, is because of the great work he seemed to have done at Porto. And my main man Portikins assures me they played good football then. I don't know enough to comment, and I also don't know how strong at that point the other teams in the Liga were. But Porty's word is his bond. smile.gif

I think it's fair on our part to be angry that we didn't buy enough players. But I think Maldini's got a fair point, when he says it's more important to look for quality than quantity at least at this stage.

Our best fullbacks of the last 10 years are leaving (Cafu, Sergio, Paolo), and some of our key players Rino, Nesta, Oddo, Inzaghi are gonna stay for the next 3-5 years maximum.

At this stage you don't just buy anyone, in a desperate bid to buy subs.

In a twisted sense the management is right. You need to form a new backbone for the generation, before you can really set things up for the big time. Because the backbone of the team is not something you can afford to replace every two years.

It's probably hard to explain this, but for instance remember we all wanted Luca Toni. Great player, would have done really well for Milan. But instead we bided our time, and got Pato, for pretty much the same (if not lesser) price. Now that's intelligent transfer market activity, one that'll stand us in good stead for the next 10 years or more. And twisting Madrid's arm to get Ronaldo was priceless... biggrin.gif

I understand, the team might go through maybe 3 'down' years( though you should probably ask Napoli, what a down truly means) because of that. But it's worth it in the long run, when you're trying to create a legacy. Which is what Milan are doing now. Right now, you say the Club WC and the European Super Cup are shite and nothing.

But maybe somewhere a young 7 year old kid somewhere is opening up wikipedia, and reading about the club that's number one in Europe and has the most number of international trophies. The club that for the past 20 years has been the best in the world, and has legends like Maldini playing for it.

From 94-07 it's been kind of a long haul for me...and to be honest two seasons of 4th place, don't make me pull my hair out one bit. Coz we've won waaayyyy more than we've lost, and we've lost waayyy bigger than this before.

Arsenal didn't get where they are by changing coach every time they finished 4th.Carletto remains as coach.I remember he was going to get fired after Istanbul, didn't happen. Oh and yes, it would be nice if for a change he gets something to work with, and I'm sure he will.
Portman

Today the rumour is that Madrid is in Mourinho-race too.

After being knocked-out by Roma in Europe, their directors may have changed their minds (about Schuster).

It doesn't make sense IMO. R.Madrid is having a top performance in La Liga this season (the best on the last 5 years at least) and will probably win it.

Though 'just' winning La Liga for Real Madrid is not enough as we all know (Capello twice as example). We'll have to wait.
dst
They've been knocked out in the Last 16 round in the past 4 seasons... Mourinho can surely help them do better than that... laugh.gif But... that's not what I'd like to see... huh.gif So what am I laughing at? Damn, the drugs don't work any more!
Zed.D
The idea of Mourinho in Madrid scares me tbh... I hope it won't happen...
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 7 2008, 08:15 PM)
The idea of Mourinho in Madrid scares me tbh... I hope it won't happen...

There's nothing to be scared of... it would only last for one season... even if he won everything there is to be won with them they would still complain about the team not playing attacking football and would kick him out in the end of it... rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif They're gonna make every connection, that's got any remotely logical possibillity and then some.

Hence Mourinho to Milan/Madrid/Valencia/Barca.

Carlo to NT/Barca

Rijkaard to Milan

Sheva/Drogba/Benzema to Milan

*sigh*

It's summer season almost...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 7 2008, 06:25 PM)
There's nothing to be scared of... it would only last for one season... even if he won everything there is to be won with them they would still complain about the team not playing attacking football and would kick him out in the end of it... rolleyes.gif

You never know.

But I still think we'll get him next Summer.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 7 2008, 08:41 PM)
You never know.

True.

Like you said, he would only come if money was to be spent... I would not say no to that.
acid911
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 7 2008, 11:41 PM)
You never know.

I like your enthusiasm. It's scary. huh.gif
Darunia
It looks like Inter or Barca right now. I'd say Inter is the favorite to get him with Mancini resigning (I hope he stays). If Barca loses early in the CL then I could see him going there.
Portman
If Mancini really leaves Inter, Mourinho will be in Appiano Gentile next season.

Can't see Inter getting another coach. Benitez will stay in Liverpool and Lippi I doubt after failing in 99.

And we all know Moratti admires Mourinho and even before he went to Chelsea he was invited to Inter.
Portman
Sadly, I write this post.

The thing is, a very reliable radio (Antena 1) says Mourinho is in Milano with his agent having a meeting with Inter directors.

sad.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
mishie
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 28 2008, 06:55 PM)
Sadly, I write this post.
The thing is, a very reliable radio (Antena 1) says Mourinho is in Milano with his agent having a meeting with Inter directors.

sad.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif

gladly i read this post!!
my feelings are not for moving on this and never will i don't want to see Mourinho at this club wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 28 2008, 07:06 PM)
gladly i read this post!!
my feeling are not for moving on this never will i won't to see Mourinho at this club wink.gif

I understand you guys. You, Tennie and some others will be content with this.

But I must say I'm really sad. I was expecting this but now I'm a bit down with all of this. Because he's not "another coach". He's not "a Mancini". He's a world-class one.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/index.asp?op=ver&n...a=138182&tema=2

Now the info is getting into the sport websites, the portuguese ones. In some hours you'll get it in italian/english.
mishie
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 28 2008, 07:11 PM)
I understand you guys. You, Tennie and some others will be content with this.

But I must say I'm really sad. I was expecting this but now I'm a bit down with all of this. Because he's not "another coach". He's not "a Mancini". He's a world-class one.

what he did at Porto was fantastic and he has my upmost respect for that, but the awful awful football that Chelsea played under him and his arrogance just doesn't sit well with me but i can understand why you and several others support the idea wink.gif
dst
If Mourinho manages to win a CL with Inter than it'll be the best thing he's ever done, greater than winning it with Porto!

I thought he would choose a club that's more prestigious than Inter (not that the Merda are just any club) but I know why he chose this: Inter are well-known for their loser attitude and he sees it as a great challenge to change this... it's pretty much impossible to change a team's mentality and even if I like the guy, I hope he fails miserably in this journey of his!

It's certainly an improvement for Inter. Macnini is nothing but a joke, a coach that suits in Serie C while Mou is great. But the only thing that matters is that Milan get back on their feet. If we do that, I do not fear Mourinho.

I won't believe it until it becomes official though.
kurtsimonw
This is bad news. One thing he seems to be able to do is to bring a 'togetherness' with the players he has. Like the tears he shed when he sold Tiago or how upset the Chelsea players were upon him leaving. If anyone can get the Inter players to play as a team, that would be disasterous.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 28 2008, 07:18 PM)
If Mourinho manages to win a CL with Inter than it'll be the best thing he's ever done, greater than winning it with Porto!

I thought he would choose a club that's more prestigious than Inter (not that the Merda are just any club) but [B]I know why he chose this: Inter are well-known for their loser attitude and he sees it as a great challenge to change this[/B]...

laugh.gif

And true.
mishie
a question for the Mourinho fans (and not a dig, just curious!)

doesn't his persona and arrogance not put you off, and what does he do to make you think he is a Milan coach?
Zed.D
So... Mourinho and Drogba both going to Inter... what can I say? like Porty says, we're doomed!
Portman
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 28 2008, 07:29 PM)
what does he do to make you think he is a Milan coach?

More than anything, he's a winner.
armiss
I think there is not a better place for Mourinho than Inter , we know Moratti very well , Mourinho too , Moratti show us that he will do everything for inter and for this reason he will be Mourinho great toy , Money & every other , in reality i welcome NEW president of inter : Jose Mourinho .

after this new election there is not any excuse , Not for Moratti , Not for Mourinho
and i would be very happy about their result : nothing

personally i am waiting for him on inter bench !
kurtsimonw
Like Porty said, a winner, he's proved he can do it with money and without it. Having Roman as chairman didn't help at times, he interfered way too much.

As for his arrogance, that's what being the best does to you. There are a few exceptions of course like Kaka' and Maldini. But when you're great you think you can do and say whatever you want, just look at Totti, Henry, Ronaldo, Zlatan, etc. They all come out with comments that people shouldn't erally say. But they're great and they know it. Same as Jose.
Portman
Don't you just love Moratti?

Yesterday: Things in the press are just b/s. All lies.

Today: In talks with Mourinho and his agent.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Portman
Another very reliable source in Portugal says exactly the same thing.

Futebol: Mourinho em Milão a negociar com o Inter

José Mourinho está em Milão a negociar com o Inter de Milão, bicampeão italiano de futebol, confirmou à Lusa fonte próxima do treinador português.

http://www.lusa.pt

And the italian press: http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus/ca..._128194952.html
armiss
I know how you feel about Mourinho but this is the way things are going through . i only wrote my predictions .
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 28 2008, 07:29 PM)
a question for the Mourinho fans (and not a dig, just curious!)

doesn't his persona and arrogance not put you off, and what does he do to make you think he is a Milan coach?

QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 28 2008, 07:38 PM)
More than anything, he's a winner.

Exactly, and he seems to get the best out of his players as well - they want to play for him.

IMO this is a very sad situation as they seem very ambitious while we seem to amble around aimlessly sad.gif
Tennie
Well. If it goes through, this is an unfortunate turn of events from a Milan perspective.

I've never been shy about saying I don't want Mourinho coaching Milan, but the thought of the Merda having a competent coach is...a little scary.

I'd really thought Mourinho would end up in Spain at either Real or Barca.

For those of you who are fans of the guy, I really am sorry.
redbabies
the best thing about him is that he's a great motivator for his team and looks really scary for opponents.

coz as a tactician there are lots of better ones out there (Prandelli, Spalleti...)
armiss
headline article on Gazzetta now :

Mancini retrieves all
And there is a yellow Mourinho

The coach before facing Lazio: "We have 4 points ahead, we will end ahead of everyone. Aid? There ...". Cambiasso, Vieira, Cesar and Figo recover surprise: convened. From Portugal: the coach is in Milan to meet Moratti, the Inter denies
................................................................................
.................................................................................
MOURINHO IN MILAN? -- Meanwhile, in the evening came the news from Portugal for Jose Mourinho to Milan to meet with Massimo Moratti. According to the radio Antena 1, the former technician at Porto and Chelsea would have departed from Lisbon to define with the chairman of his arrival in place of Mancini. The Inter was rushed to deny categorically any contact with Mourinho.

I think This news ( Mourinho in Milan ) doesnt show anything cuz inter is in denial and we must wait for end of the season !

good news for Porty biggrin.gif
Portman
Good news in:

-Inter getting a top-coach, someone who knows what he does.
-Portuguese media going crazy around Inter...

To finish it, it would be more "good news" to see Milan UEFA Cup next year after a pathetic season. And obviously Mourinho making fun of it week in, week out.

What a year of 'good news'. rolleyes.gif
armiss
We must wait !
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 28 2008, 09:20 PM)
the best thing about him is that he's a great motivator for his team and looks really scary for opponents.

coz as a tactician there are lots of better ones out there (Prandelli, Spalleti...)

Mourinho is a brilliant tactician, his substitutions and shuffles have time and time again won him matches.

There have some some tactical errors, but that happens with every coach (Playing four DM at once for example...)
Portman
LISBON (Reuters) - Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho travelled to Italy on Friday for talks about a job with Inter Milan, said his personal adviser Eladio Parames.

"Jose has left for Milan for talks with Inter's directors," Parames told Reuters without giving further details.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/i...annel=0&sp=true
milanisti
this is the special one for milan biggrin.gif
Darunia
Come to the other side of Milan!
Bluesummers
good for inter. Its obvious that carlo is staying another season or two till his contract runs out. Now lets worry about our problems. If inter get drogba i'm sure we'll get someone just as good. I have no doubt in baldy this summer.
redbabies
Deal Done: Jose to Inter.

Like it or not, he'll be on Merda's bench next season.
Devillito
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 29 2008, 06:20 PM)
Deal Done: Jose to Inter.

Like it or not, he'll be on Merda's bench next season.

Is it official? unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.