Full Version: 09/03/08 - Serie A - Empoli FC vs. AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 27

Empoli vs. Milan

Sunday, March 9, 2008

15:30 (IT)

This is a must win. Like every match ahead of us.
Darunia
Good thing is that after this match the next game isn't until Saturday vs. Roma. Finally a week without a midweek game.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 2 2008, 07:11 PM)
Good thing is that after this match the next game isn't until Saturday vs. Roma.  Finally a week without a midweek game.

Very important information. Just enough time to heal all possible wounds and be prepared for Roma.
acid911
Boy, this match feels like decades away considering the important clash with Arsenal we have today. unsure.gif
dst
We have to start winning again!! Fiorentina are greater than anyone expected.
Jack Sparrow
I kinda expected a Inter-Roma- Milan -Fio 1-2-3-4. It's Juve who've surprised me...didn't think their defence was worth a penny.
Darunia
We have no excuses now. Our CL campaign is over. Time to get some wins in Serie A. Every game is a must-win now.

Kalac
Oddo Nesta Kaladze Jankulovski
Ambrosini Pirlo Gourcuff
Kaka
Pato Gilardino

Pirlo was terrible again against Arsenal, he needs to step up his game. Emerson will prob start in place of Gourcuff. Favalli for Janku if he isnt fit.
Jack Sparrow
I just hate to be Empoli right now...seriously.. biggrin.gif In fact I'd hate to be any of our next 12 opponents right now.

When the team ended up losing, and the players stood their applauding...I somehow got that...I don't know if anyone has seen the movie Tombstone with Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer...but there's a line tha goes...'You tell them I'm coming and hell's coming with me!'
arivanjj
^^^ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zed.D
Let's forget about CL exit... I say we will win 2-0. Pato to score his sixth cool.gif
aLbErTo
other result then win is not an option...
Darunia
Carlo's job is on the line, if he hasn't already lost it. It's not all his fault, the squad is not nearly strong enough. We better win this, and win with a good performance
Nova
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 5 2008, 07:44 AM)
I just hate to be Empoli right now...seriously.. biggrin.gif In fact I'd hate to be any of our next 12 opponents right now.

When the team ended up losing, and the players stood their applauding...I somehow got that...I don't know if anyone has seen the movie Tombstone with Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer...but there's a line tha goes...'You tell them I'm coming and hell's coming with me!'

awesome !! devilsmiley.gif
jefri91
yuck an italian league... looks like ill have to wait until next year to start watching Milan games. Thats if they make it into CL
Bluesummers
COMON MILAN YOU BETTER F******* WIN DAMMIT. 3-0 I PREDICT. EMPOLI IS GONNA FEEL SOME KAKA-TRICK RAGE.
Ry4n
12 games to go all must win FORZA MILAN !!!!
redbabies
I think we'll see a different Milan in these 12 matches, coz they won't be concentrated and thinking all the time about ch.l.
Ry4n
i hope Fiorentina get to the UEFA cup final so they can concentrate on that smile.gif
nuh
looool.....UMMMM.... we are sooo desperate for 4th and 2 years ago we were desperate for 1st sad.gif
m1ke
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Mar 6 2008, 12:06 PM)
i hope Fiorentina get to the UEFA cup final so they can concentrate on that smile.gif

That's what I was thinking. I'll be cheering on the Viola tonight.
Ry4n
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 6 2008, 01:35 PM)
That's what I was thinking. I'll be cheering on the Viola tonight.

great minds think alike laugh.gif Forza Viola for tonight , but may there Serie A campaign go off the tracks alot innocent.gif
dst
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Mar 6 2008, 02:06 PM)

I hope they will win it! I really like them, they play great football!

I think the UEFA Cup won't hurt their race for 4th too much. In any case, we have to get back to winning ways starting this Sunday!!
whoarethepatriots
This match is being shown live on Channel Five's "Football Italiano" for any UK viewers who are interested
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 6 2008, 02:45 PM)
I hope they will win it! I really like them, they play great football!

I think the UEFA Cup won't hurt their race for 4th too much. In any case, we have to get back to winning ways starting this Sunday!!

hopefully dude innocent.gif
Tennie
Controcampo is making early predictions about the lineup for this one:

Bonera and Favalli in defense, Gourcuff possibly in midfield. Attack of Kaka, Gila, and Pato. Nesta and Pippo probably on the bench. Gattuso will sit the game out due to yellow card accumulation.
Ry4n
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 6 2008, 06:31 PM)
This match is being shown live on Channel Five's "Football Italiano" for any UK viewers who are interested

cheers man, hopefully there goalkeeper doesnt want to be a hero and makes some big mistakes we need some luck right about now sad.gif
Portman
With Dida, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Cafu, Serginho, Nesta and Jankulovski out + Gattuso suspended...

Gazzetta's prediction:

-------------Kalac--------------
Oddo-Bonera-Kaladze-Favalli
---Brocchi--Pirlo--Ambrosini--
--------------Kaka'-------------
---Gilardino--------Pato-------

It's way too defensive but I wouldn't be surprised if this was Carletto's choice.
Tennie
I don't think Brocchi will start. He's been doing individual training all week, including today, according to the 'today's training' articles on acmilan.com.

I suspect Gourcuff will get the start instead of Brocchi.

The other thing of note in today's training was that Willy, Paloschi, and Offredi trained with the grownups. (Offredi is the Primavera keeper).
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 8 2008, 02:20 AM)
I don't think Brocchi will start. He's been doing individual training all week, including today, according to the 'today's training' articles on acmilan.com.

That's good to hear. The more the Brochchiless days, the better. smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 7 2008, 05:46 PM)
That's good to hear. The more the Brochchiless days, the better. smile.gif

amen to that. Gourcuff now has to be given a chance. No more of this brocchi ****, hes done in the summer anyways.
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 8 2008, 08:08 AM)
amen to that.  Gourcuff now has to be given a chance.  No more of this brocchi ****, hes done in the summer anyways.

Gourcuff should be given as many chances as possible till the end of the season so that we can decide fairly if we want to keep him or not...
Tennie
(from acmilan.com)

EMPOLI-MILAN: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
08/03/2008
MILANELLO - Al termine dell'allenamento Carlo Ancelotti ha reso pubblica la lista dei convocati per la trasferta di Empoli:
PORTIERI: Fiori, Kalac, Offredi
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Oddo, Simic
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo
ATTACCANTI: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Pato, Paloschi

This week, Kaka is a midfielder.

From today's training, Brocchi and Emerson trained with the group for the first time. Janku and Cafu trained in the gym and Nesta and Sergio had physiotherapy.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 8 2008, 04:44 PM)
ATTACCANTI: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Pato, Paloschi

Wow... the average age of our strikers seems to be something around 20. that's refreshing! biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 8 2008, 06:08 AM)
amen to that.  Gourcuff now has to be given a chance.  No more of this brocchi ****, hes done in the summer anyways.

I don't think so.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 8 2008, 01:14 PM)
This week, Kaka is a midfielder.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Only acmilan.com/Galliani...
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 9 2008, 01:05 AM)
I don't think so.

Can't see it happening either... unless he really wants to leave that is...
m1ke
Billy played 90mins in this fixture last season cool.gif It ended 0-0.
arivanjj
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 9 2008, 08:22 PM)
Billy played 90mins in this fixture last season cool.gif It ended 0-0.

sad.gif i don't see him that much on the bench these days...
Tennie
Billy has been doing his coach licensing course recently; that may be why we've not seen him on the bench.

A new site called 'milannews.it', which seems to be a division of tuttomercatoweb that's uniquely devoted to AC Milan, has announced a probable lineup and bench:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Kaladze Favalli
Brocchi Pirlo Ambrosini
Kakà
Pato Gilardino

Bench
Fiori
Maldini
Simic
Gourcuff
Emerson
Paloschi
Aubameyang
All.Ancelotti
arivanjj
i think we'll be seeing more of Paolo now that we are out of CL.
jefri91
1 more hour lets go !
arivanjj
official line-up cool.gif

Kalac;

Oddo, Maldini, Kaladze, Favalli;

Gourcuff, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà;

Pato, Gilardino.
Portman
Nice to see Kuu-Kuuf in. cool.gif

Let's go ragazzi!
Il Capitano
Yeey. Gourcuf gets to start.
Tennie
Ooh. I like that lineup. 2 strikers!

Forza Milan. C'mon ragazzi, let's get a win!
han2503
Finally a line up we've all been waiting to see, looks like Carlo has finally pulled his b@lls out of his back pockets and realised that 2 defensive mids against a team like Empoli is not needed
fresh_prince7
http://www.atdhe.net/SerieA2.html is that site showing the game folks?

If not whats the best site to use.. english comm would b handy.

Lets go boys!
arivanjj
game underway...
arivanjj
btw Tennie, any news on Dida? unsure.gif
arivanjj
good and fast start to the game... nice couple of passes, not seeing any high balls rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Dida has been mentioned as training separately a couple of times this week, but that's about it. These're the first mentions of him in training news for a while though.

Eek, nasty foul by Ambro there. And Milan's passing...really needs to get better than it has been so far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.