Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok time to ante up!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
omahawi
Ok. it's time to find out about everybody's team. I mean the one you actually play for.

Requirements

Team Name.

What position you play.

What number you wear.

Team picture if you have one.

If you have a picture of you team which one are you so we can laugh at how funny your hair looks.
omahawi
I'll start

I play for AFC Metro (Madison, WI)

I am a utility player. I can play anywhere on the field except goal keeper. I hate playing a wing back. My normal position though is a winger because I am apparently fast and can cross the ball decently left and right footed.

http://www.afcmetro.net/

I'm the third from the bottom left. And yes you can laugh at my hair. tongue.gif

I wear number 10.
Darunia
9 goals, 7 assists.. nice. I started off as a defender but then I moved into a supporting attacking role later on, I just got sick of playing defense. Haha I don't play for a team just a weekly pick-up game we have in my hometown.
acid911
Oh, you lucky rabbit. You guys play for a team! Where I live now, there aren't many football teams/clubs, and even the ones that play are so bad as if they're just coming from a slumber party at Michael Jackson's ranch.

I'd rather pose for Playgirl than play with them. tongue.gif
omahawi
ROFL oh come on, they can't be that bad. Coming out of Neverland Ranch. I wonder if they have to much Jesus juice in them. laugh.gif
acid911
Lol, seriously they are. I'd dig up some videos of some of their games, and you can see for yourself. Having said that, people in my neighborhood are pretty decent at other sports, though, just not football. 96.gif
MizNelson
Does youth soccer count? Next year it'll be a quarter of a century (!!!) since I signed up. I only played about two-three years tops, and was - surprise! - the goalie. I played an on-field position just once, in which I had my only shot on goal; unfortunately, I missed. smile.gif
KillerMax
Team Name: None at the moment(Out with injury for over a year with a fractured shin)

What position you play: AMF, LM, RM, SS

What number you wear. Always 7 wherever I played because of guess who.

Team picture if you have one. None
Jack Sparrow
Haven't stepped on the football field in over a year and a half.

I played for my CS dept in college...mild stuff...no serious competition, and never really tried hard to get into the college team, coz most of them were Barca/Man U jocks and played an English 4-4-2.

Team Name: <Never called it anything>
Position: Started off as a RB...was decent, but didn't have the stamina for it. Became a holding mid...less complicated...make a nuisance out of yourself, cut down space and get the ball to a more creative player. Later under the influence of a certain Metronome who plays for Milan, tried to improve my creativity. So I guess I became sort of a hold-ive midfielder. I'm still lazy as heck though. tongue.gif
Team Picture: Guess not...
Number: None...we just played with whatever jerseys we liked...
bigmacmtl
NO team right now

i've always loved number 5

my fav position CM (especially the play making part, so i try my best to play a pirlo type game), RB and ST (finisher)
kurtsimonw
I used to play for my local park team, couldn't be bothered for all the training + 90 minute game so I stopped. Now play in a 6-a-side league with friends. Alot of running, but it's great.

Usually play either as a forward, more of a hold up guy, or attacking mid when I'm not lazy. Numero 8!
agenth
well.. i guess it's not really a club team...
but every year we have a girls footie tournament at our school
and i participated last 4-5 years.

we don't have any name though, and I usually play as a defender, with the number 3 biggrin.gifD we have neon-green jerseys lmao!

this year we won the finale biggrin.gif
LaPalma
Well...I used to play for FC Münster 05 for the last two seasons but now I simply don't have enough time for that. Just like kurt I never liked the training sessions tongue.gif
I usually played as a striker (although I was a CB for a long time) cause I'm tall and have a good anticipation. I don't like running to much because my condition never was that good (remember...I hate training sessions) which is why a friend of mine once labeled me as "Standfußballer" (from the german word for standing which is stehen). My number? used to have all kinds of. I always prefered to play with the 9 though (just like Pippo and Gerd Müller).
jefri91
Team Name.
AISJ Falcons, typical american name for a team lol

What position you play.
Attacking midfielder, i sometimes play as a left winger cuz i can cross with my left and at the same time i can cut into the middle to take a shot

What number you wear.
dst
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 6 2008, 10:53 AM)
Attacking midfielder, i sometimes play as a left winger cuz i can cross with my left and at the same time i can cut into the middle to take a shot

You are so fast you can volley your own cross!?? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 6 2008, 02:24 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 6 2008, 03:24 PM)

Hey...it makes anticipation a lot easier...
Jack Sparrow
Agree...you should try it Pana. It's called bullet time. Watch the Matrix a couple of times...and practise hard. Free your mind...remember there is no spoon!!
aLbErTo
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 6 2008, 06:18 PM)
Hey...it makes anticipation a lot easier...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

so he can play tennis against himself smile.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 6 2008, 02:24 PM)

not literally at the same time dry.gif lol
i meant that i can change my attacking approach
Jack Sparrow
Oh darn...how boring...I thought we'd found a special talent...
bigmacmtl
sorta off topic but i've been playing a 7 a side in door games with some buddies during the winter. we were supposed to play this Saturday but one of our members (24 years old) died of a brain aneurysm Wednesday... shocking news really.
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 8 2008, 05:59 AM)
sorta off topic but i've been playing a 7 a side in door games with some buddies during the winter. we were supposed to play this Saturday but one of our members (24 years old) died of a brain aneurysm Wednesday... shocking news really.

Oh my! ohmy.gif May he rest in peace... sleep.gif
kurtsimonw
Wow, really sorry to hear about that bigmac.
Tennie
Ohno. How horrible, bigmac. sad.gif

I'm sorry for your teammate and his family. RIP.
Cornuto
I don't play in any league, but I did growing up. Now, I usually play with the Mexican guys who play every night at the park down the block. I don't particularly like playing with them because they're ball hogs, they get mad at you for their mistakes, and I have at least a 5 inch height advantage over everyone on the field, and I'm a stunning 5'10 tongue.gif . I usually either play a CB or AM. I have good vision on the pitch, and I can serve a really mean free kick. As a boy, I used to play with the number 8.
omahawi
that is shocking. 24 is such a young age.

I have at least a 5 inch height advantage over everyone on the field, and I'm a stunning 5'10

the 5 inches taller then the mexican part is GREAT! i used to teach my kids that i coached soccer for a special tactic when we would play a team of latinos. i would tell them to go out there and get the other team pissed off at each other by saying how horrible a pass that was or is that guy even trying. it usually worked. by the end of the game we were up by a couple of goals at least and the other team was screaming at each other.

Jack Sparrow Posted Yesterday, 07:17 AM
  Oh darn...how boring...I thought we'd found a special talent...

my teammates say a few more knocks to the head like the past couple i have taken and i will be a "special" talent.
jefri91
I scored today and celebrated kaka style tongue.gif
jefri91
actually twice today, second in floor hockey. chipped the puck from side into the net tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.