Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diarrà Fine Makes Move More Likely
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Zed.D
Diarrà Fine Makes Move More Likely

Real Madrid may have pushed Mahamadou Diarrà one step close to the exit door after fining him €300,000 for returning late from the Africa Cup of Nations.

The hefty penalty was dished out as Los Merengues told the former Lyon star to pay a month's wages in after failing to make it back from the recent tournament on time.

Diarrà is already tipped to leave the club this summer, with Inter the likeliest destination, and this latest move by Madrid could tilt the scales.

As well as being handed the fine, Diarrà has been playing less regularly with Bernd Schuster only fielding him when he has no other alternative.

This weekend, Diarrà could well play as both Wesley Sneijder and Guti are injured and the German coach will look to partner him with Fernando Gago against Recreativo.

After being handed the fine in written form by Madrid, Diarrà now has ten days to appeal against what amounts to over four weeks of his salary.

Transnfer rumours have suggested that he could leave and the player's agent, Frederic Guerra, confirmed recently that many clubs are keeping tabs n his situation.

"Milan, Liverpool and Juve have all called, but the team that interests us the most is Inter," the representative said.

"Diarrà still has three years left on his contract, but we can still listen and then speak to Real Madrid.

"The player will be the one that decides, but it will not be easy as Madrid will ask for €25 or €30m."
Zed.D
I think his style of play suits us fine! he'd fit into our system without a problem.

I hope he is being considered for the summer transfer window...
Ry4n
hes a great player and wow fining him that much is a bit excessive he is one of there players and he may get payed alot but 300,000 is a bit much for being late
acid911
Holy flying bikini batman! €300,000 fine just for being late. ohmy.gif Rivaldo once faked an injury against Turkey in a Worldcup match, and he was fined something around $1,400. He's a quality player, but I'd hate to see Inter get him, though.
kurtsimonw
That fine is completely ridiculous if true. You can't fine somebody that much for something like that!

Not sure we really need another DM though.
Tennie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 29 2008, 12:54 PM)
That fine is completely ridiculous if true. You can't fine somebody that much for something like that!

Not sure we really need another DM though.

What Kurt said.

( unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif I'm scared. We're agreeing again.)
I_Rossoneri
Good old merderid biggrin.gif I'm hoping that Diarra sees sense and decides to join us. He would be a very welcome addition cool.gif

BTW €300,000 is a tad excessive IMO ohmy.gif
misha
dst will be happy to hear that. Of course bring him if there is a chance.
bigmacmtl
dumping emerson and brocchi, bring in diarra now that would be a step in the right direction.
Zed.D
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Feb 29 2008, 09:16 PM)
dumping emerson and brocchi, bring in diarra now that would be a step in the right direction.

Exactly!

It's true it doesn't look like we need addition to our midfield, especially defensive-wise, but we need changes. Brocchi is cr@p and hardly deserves to be on our 'bench' imo. Emerson and Ambro are neither spectacular nor cr@p; they are inconsistent... I think Diarra would be a great buy but I'm 100% sure it won't happen... sleep.gif
Darunia
Diarra would be good but very expensive. He can be the Ambro/Brocchi/Emerson replacement.
omahawi
I hope some of these rumors about Milan signing some quality players turn out to be true. I would love to see something finalized before the end of the season. Bring on Diarra and drop Brocchi and Emerson.
Zed.D
QUOTE (omahawi @ Mar 1 2008, 12:41 AM)
I hope some of these rumors about Milan signing some quality players turn out to be true. I would love to see something finalized before the end of the season. Bring on Diarra and drop Brocchi and Emerson.

Welcome to milanfan! 96.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 29 2008, 07:21 PM)
dst will be happy to hear that.  Of course bring him if there is a chance.

Not really... I mean, if we parted ways with Emerson and Brocchi I would not think twice. But even if that happened (which I consider highly unlikely, in fact I do not even think of it as a possibility, more as my desire) I do not know if he would be worth the money. If we get into a bidding war with Inter then his price will go up a lot. And I think there are other areas that we should look at first. We really lack creativity. Also, it would not be the end of the world if Inter got him. He'd be a great addition but what Inter lack (the only thing - on the field - besides mentality) is a true '10'. The day they find such a player will not be an unforgettable one for me...

And of course the reason why he prefers Inter (if it's true) is because they offer more... Real Madrid would make a(nother) huge mistake in letting him go in my view. I don't think it's very possible but then again, this is Madrid we're talking about...

Also, I'm not at all affected by these rumors... it's just journalistic mumbo-jumbo in my view, as Milan's needs is a great subject-matter for them... space filler this probably is.
Portman
Since WHEN we'll pay 20 or 30M/euros for a defensive midfielder? laugh.gif

And I doubt he'll leave Madrid. Probably trying to get a new contract with them.
Fillipo Simone
Very unlike and not needed. Ambro and Gattuso + Emerson who seems to be in good shape is really enough considering the other problems we have.

Imagine a horror Ancelotti line-up like: Kalac-Oddo,Janku,Nesta,Kaladze-Gattuso (+Brocchi coming in as sub), Ambrosini, Emerson, Diarra-Kaka-Pato???
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 2 2008, 08:10 AM)
Very unlike and not needed. Ambro and Gattuso + Emerson who seems to be in good shape is really enough considering the other problems we have.

Imagine a horror Ancelotti line-up like: Kalac-Oddo,Janku,Nesta,Kaladze-Gattuso (+Brocchi coming in as sub), Ambrosini, Emerson, Diarra-Kaka-Pato???

laugh.gif Holy s@it!
Jack Sparrow
Emerson as a playmaker...nyce... biggrin.gif
kdman
Diarra would be an excellent buy. Lets face it, apart from Gattuso (whose form has dropped drastically) and Ambro (who is getting on in age), we are sorely lacking talent in the DM area. But we all know that the chance of that happening is very slim.
kdman
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 2 2008, 03:10 PM)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 3 2008, 06:22 AM)
Emerson as a playmaker...nyce... biggrin.gif

What's so funny about that? unsure.gif He was a playmaker during his time in Leverkusen and was great at it.
But well...I guess he's not that Emerson any more...
Jack Sparrow
I suppose I should have put the happy smiley, and not the laughing smiley. Actually, I think that horror lineup might work, if we had one more Rino type mid.

So Rino could play on the right flank and somebody else on the left. Brocchi?? Not sure. Just leave them completely free of defensive duties...and have Diarra shoulder the brunt of it.

It might work when we have a lot of injuries or something...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.