AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Darunia
AC Milan vs Palermo

Serie A 2007/08 - Week 24

Sunday February 24

San Siro

Time : 19.30 (UK); 20:30 (IT)

Hm we are actually at home for this one, anyone know how I can edit the title?

We have a chance to improve our poor home record, Palermo doesn't have a great away record either.

I think we'll go with this lineup:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Kaka
Pato Gilardino
dst
Hope there's no problem with Pato. I was scared when he went down. If he plays we'll win!

A mod will fix the title don't worry.
Tennie
In postmatch comments, Carletto said that neither Pato (cramp) nor Nesta (strain. He asked to come out before he really hurt himself) were serious and that they should be available for the Palermo game.
Darunia
That's good news but I wouldn't mind if Nesta got a rest, he deserves it.
Zed.D
Pato was isolated last night and didn't get any decent service AT ALL, but still had a better game than many of our players imo, including Pirlo and maybe even Kaka.

In expect him to start against Palermo and have a good game! he can continue his impressive goalscoring record.
Nova
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 21 2008, 11:41 AM)
Pato was isolated last night and didn't get any decent service AT ALL, but still had a better game than many of our players imo, including Pirlo and maybe even Kaka.

In expect him to start against Palermo and have a good game! he can continue his impressive goalscoring record.

I agree , even tough he was pretty much isolated he managed to do very well . I dont think Carlo will play pato as lone striker. Probably with Pippo up front.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 21 2008, 11:56 AM)
I agree , even tough he was pretty much isolated he managed to do very well . I dont think Carlo will play pato as lone striker. Probably with Pippo up front.

Ha good thing pato's name isnt gilardino then.
dst
It's ridiculous we have to play another 3 matches within a week! I don't know what we're going to do against Catania but we must field the Primavera or something!! dry.gif And then it's Lazio just before Arsenal... for ****'s sake!
m1ke
The price we have to pay for being the 'best club in the world'. Still, I'm pretty confident that we're going to do the business at the San Siro against Arsenal. It looks like Toure is going to miss the 2nd leg, and I know it's only a matter of time before Senderos makes a mistake at the back.
redbabies
QUOTE (m1ke @ Feb 21 2008, 11:25 PM)
The price we have to pay for being the 'best club in the world'. Still, I'm pretty confident that we're going to do the business at the San Siro against Arsenal. It looks like Toure is going to miss the 2nd leg, and I know it's only a matter of time before Senderos makes a mistake at the back.

I think we already paid that price (we have played all the delayed matches)

But yes we might still feel the consequences!
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (m1ke @ Feb 21 2008, 10:25 PM)

I agree fully with you there, Senderos played surprising well against us, but it will not last. We are a different animal at home
Nova
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Feb 21 2008, 06:13 PM)
Ha good thing pato's name isnt gilardino then.

Gila who ?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 12:29 AM)
Gila who ?

The guy that's scored as many goals as Pato, R9 and Pippo combined this season. rolleyes.gif

I didn't realise Milan fans were so fickle. He single handedly won us 2 games with his goals already this season and gets this sh!t. Sell him to Juve, let him come back to haunt us.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 21 2008, 07:29 PM)
Gila who ?

my point being when pato is isolated it's not his fault, but when gila gets no support you sh1t all over him.

am i defending gila's poor season? no

but i find it funny that you have a double standard on the matter.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2008, 01:47 AM)
The guy that's scored as many goals as Pato, R9 and Pippo combined this season. rolleyes.gif

I didn't realise Milan fans were so fickle. He single handedly won us 2 games with his goals already this season and gets this sh!t. Sell him to Juve, let him come back to haunt us.

EXACTLY

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Feb 22 2008, 02:06 AM)
my point being when pato is isolated it's not his fault, but when gila gets no support you sh1t all over him.

am i defending gila's poor season? no

but i find it funny that you have a double standard on the matter.

EXACTLY

The only reason Pato still did well in the xmas tree being completely iscolated upfromt is because he is a different type of striker to Gila, imo his performance in the xmas tree continues to solidify the theory that the only reason Gila struggles in that formation (same for Pippo) is because he is not the type of striker that can do well in that system. Pato has all the characteristics to do well in practically any type of formation. But playing Gila or Pippo for that matter in that formation will 95% out of hundred results in us not scoring

The fact that poeple on here find faults in Gila but others can do no wrong irritates me to no end. as bigm said, it's not an excuse for the poor season he's had, because yes, he is having a poor one but the fact that if he misses a chance and people want to hang him for it but if Pippo or anyone else on the team for that matter misses the same chance people won't say anything, it is ridiculously unfair to Gila
nuh
i am with u 200%
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 01:22 PM)
EXACTLY
EXACTLY

The only reason Pato still did well in the xmas tree being completely iscolated upfromt is because he is a different type of striker to Gila, imo his performance in the xmas tree continues to solidify the theory that the only reason Gila struggles in that formation (same for Pippo) is because he is not the type of striker that can do well in that system. Pato has all the characteristics to do well in practically any type of formation. But playing Gila or Pippo for that matter in that formation will 95% out of hundred results in us not scoring

The fact that poeple on here find faults in Gila but others can do no wrong irritates me to no end. as bigm said, it's not an excuse for the poor season he's had, because yes, he is having a poor one but the fact that if he misses a chance and people want to hang him for it but if Pippo or anyone else on the team for that matter misses the same chance people won't say anything, it is ridiculously unfair to Gila

han is my soul brother. Now how do I say it in Maltese... biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2008, 05:17 AM)

I'm not denying Gila's problems and disadvantages [how he'd be better with a SS for instance], and I'm not his hater either. but that's not the way one compares strikers with each other!! you know... Pato's just started in January [and has lost two games due to injury] while Ronaldo barely played a handful of matches.

ONLY goalscoring rate (goals/minutes played) shows how a striker has performed! so until this very moment Gila stands after Pato, Ronaldo and Kaka [who is an AM after all...]:

1. Pato: 4 in 437 [0.009]

2. Ronaldo: 2 in 319 [0.006]

3. Kaka: 8 in 1702 [0.004] = Gila: 7 in 1402 [0.004]

(League goals only)
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2008, 10:43 AM)
han is my soul brother. Now how do I say it in Maltese... biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

In Maltese: Hija tal-qalb
Nova
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2008, 02:47 AM)

Single handedly ??? See there is allready where you're wrong imo , Gilardino will never score single handedly like for example Sheva did. Unless its a cheesy header , but the day we win a game thanks to him and only him ?? I like to see that.

As Zdrossoneri said , you cant compare Gila with the rest. Gila had been playing all season , then comes this kid and benches him immediatly.

You guys think I dont like him cause of the fact he just isnt scoring. Trust me , its not that. Its his basic skills he posseses as a striker , wich to ME are below Milan standards. He gets the ball outside the box , passes it right back to kaka or any other player. Why ? He just cant make the play on his own. Always depending on others.

And there is the difference with Pato. The boy CAN do it on his own , with or without service is still is a huge value to this team. Just look at Milan this season before pato and now .

Its all the proof you need. And the "no service" excuse is long dated now and actually kinda wrong too as Pato has proven.

Pato didnt had a lot of services and he did manage well. fact.
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 08:52 AM)
EXACTLY
EXACTLY

Like I said in my previous posts , his lack of goals are not the main reason I dont like him as a player. A player that can't give a proper pass , controll a ball , give a decent cross , dribble or at least try going past a defender ... cause after all , he is a striker !! Pippo is what , 34 years old ? I dont want him to start every mach , but when we need him he gives it all AND delivers when it matters.

It irritates me too to see you using "he's a different type of striker" as an excuse over and over . Like he's a 5yr old who needs protecting from the harsh reality .

Pippo is 34 years old , 34 !! He doesnt play every game , let alone start . Gila has had all the oppertunities of the world and he's what , 25 ??

Just look at other "different kind of strikers" in the world , they score too . Im glad pato has proven me right . Cause lack of services wasnt the reason we couldnt win or score. It was lack of quality up front.

Unfair to Gila ?? He should thank God himself to still play for this team.
dst
Gila was chosen by Ancelotti to replace Pato in the game at Emirates ahead of Pippo... that either means that Gila is not as bad as some biased people want to think or that Carlo is stupid... your call!
Tennie
....anyway, guys. Back to the game.

Here's Gazzetta's probable formation:

Kalac
Brocchi Pirlo Seedorf
Kakà
Gilardino Pato

They're unsure about some starting places and give the following odds:

Brocchi 55% Gattuso 45%

Seedorf 55% Ambrosini 45%

Gilardino 55% Inzaghi 45%
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 01:07 PM)
Gila was chosen by Ancelotti to replace Pato in the game at Emirates ahead of Pippo... that either means that Gila is not as bad as some biased people want to think or that Carlo is stupid... your call!

Now use the same sentence with kaladze.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 11:56 AM)
Like I said in my previous posts , his lack of goals are not the main reason I dont like him as a player. A player that can't give a proper pass , controll a ball , give a decent cross , dribble or at least try going past a defender  ... cause after all , he is a striker !! Pippo is what , 34 years old ? I dont want him to start every mach  , but when we need him he gives it all AND delivers when it matters.

It irritates me too to see you using "he's a different type of striker" as an excuse over and over . Like he's a 5yr old who needs protecting from the harsh reality .

Pippo is 34 years old , 34 !! He doesnt play every game , let alone start . Gila has had all the oppertunities of the world and he's what , 25 ??

Just look at other "different kind of strikers" in the world , they score too . Im glad pato has proven me right . Cause lack of services wasnt the reason we couldnt win or score. It was lack of quality up front.

Unfair to Gila ?? He should thank God himself to still play for this team.

See I can't agree with you when you keep comparing apples with oranges

It's not an excuse when me and others here point out that he is a different type of striker to Pato. Because he IS a different type of striker. And when you say you don't like him because of his lack of quality and in the same sentence say that it doesn't matter that Pippo is basically the same type of striker, it's hypocritcal. When has Pippo last scored an important goal for us, and yes he scored the 2 goals in the final but without Kaka last season we wouldn't have gotten there in the first place so the excuse that Pippo has won us the CL is just devoid of any substance since it's untrue.

Do I think that Gila should do better with the chances he gets? YES. But do I also think that he is disadvantaged because of the system he plays in? Certainly.

As for the Pato thing and how he plays as a lone striker, I've already stated many comments on the matter, Pato is the tyoe of stiker that can handle playing in that type of position, because he's a second striker by nature, Gila is not that, neither is Pippo, that's why both of them struggle in the formation
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 02:10 PM)

You did not answer! wink.gif

Also, I have admitted it when Kaladze has played well while you always bash Gila no matter what and never said anything when Kaladze screwed up!

And last but not least, Gila is not doing Silvio's daughter! wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 12:07 PM)

Exactly.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2008, 12:09 PM)
....anyway, guys. Back to the game.

Here's Gazzetta's probable formation:

Kalac
Brocchi Pirlo Seedorf
Kakà
Gilardino Pato

They're unsure about some starting places and give the following odds:

Brocchi 55% Gattuso 45%

Seedorf 55% Ambrosini 45%

Gilardino 55% Inzaghi 45%

If we play with both Pirlo and Seedorf in the 3 behing Kaka then we need someone more stable then Brocchi in the DMF spot. I personally would like to see Emorson, he's getting back into form and has been more impressive then Rino and Ambro lately

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 12:10 PM)

Kaladze is just this strange unexplainable thing, he makes atleast 1 mistake per game and still starts for some strange reason, and a defender's mistakes are 50 times more costly then a striker's mistake since a mistake from him will 95% of the time result in us conceeding a goal.

If we had a decent replacement for him then I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be starting. But as things stand with our current team I don't see anyone who could replace him. But Paolo against Arsenal proved to Carlo that he should start in the center next to Nesta in the big ties and not Kaladze
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:27 PM)
But Paolo against Arsenal proved to Carlo that he should start in the center next to Nesta in the big ties and not Kaladze

Paolo does not need to prove anything to anyone. Kaladze is not even worthy of looking at him! Even so, God still has agreed to play at LB so that Silvio's favorite can fit in the squad!
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 01:18 PM)
See I can't agree with you when you keep comparing apples with oranges

It's not an excuse when me and others here point out that he is a different type of striker to Pato. Because he IS a different type of striker. And when you say you don't like him because of his lack of quality and in the same sentence say that it doesn't matter that Pippo is basically the same type of striker, it's hypocritcal. When has Pippo last scored an important goal for us, and yes he scored the 2 goals in the final but without Kaka last season we wouldn't have gotten there in the first place so the excuse that Pippo has won us the CL is just devoid of any substance since it's untrue.

Do I think that Gila should do better with the chances he gets? YES. But do I also think that he is disadvantaged because of the system he plays in? Certainly.

As for the Pato thing and how he plays as a lone striker, I've already stated many comments on the matter, Pato is the tyoe of stiker that can handle playing in that type of position, because he's a second striker by nature, Gila is not that, neither is Pippo, that's why both of them struggle in the formation

I'm not defending Pippo . He missed some great chances too. BUT , that doesnt make Gila any better then him.

To say he scored 2 important goals in Athens , but we wouldnt be there if it wasnt for kaka. Thats hypocritical . Cause if it was Gila who had scored , you wouldnt even mention Kaka as an excuse for Inzaghi's goals and praise him for that achievement.

And lets not switch the subject . And why you keep comparing Gila with Pippo ?

Gila is disadvantaged cause of the skills he lacks . Carlo sees it , I see it , the whole world sees it ... Go live in denial if you want . Im not blaming our system for his failure.
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 01:21 PM)
You did not answer! wink.gif

Also, I have admitted it when Kaladze has played well while you always bash Gila no matter what and never said anything when Kaladze screwed up!

And last but not least, Gila is not doing Silvio's daughter! wink.gif

Answer ? and who are you to make up the questions ?
Oehhhhh , Carlo chose Gila instead of Pippo . What an achievement !!!

You admitted when kaladze played well ?? biggrin.gif cmon now ...
I dont have to praise Gila, cause there is nothing to be praised about. kaladze has made some errors , so does Nesta. But you blow them up so childish with your " F*****ckkkkkkk Kaladzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , you dumb f*ckkkkeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go tohelllll pieve of sh!t mad.gif mad.gif " kinda comments.

All very very intelligent rolleyes.gif I at least have some respect when I criticise Gila.

Ohhh , now kaladze is playing cause of silvio's daughter. Djeezes Pana, whatever makes you happy ...
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 02:35 PM)
Gila is disadvantaged cause of the skills he lacks . Carlo sees it  , I see it , the whole world sees it ... Go live in denial if you want . Im not blaming our system for his failure.

Carlo? Then why does he keep fielding him, many times ahead of Inzaghi?
The whole world? You think too much of yourself!
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 01:27 PM)
Exactly.
If we play with both Pirlo and Seedorf in the 3 behing Kaka then we need someone more stable then Brocchi in the DMF spot. I personally would like to see Emorson, he's getting back into form and has been more impressive then Rino and Ambro lately
Kaladze is just this strange unexplainable thing, he makes atleast 1 mistake per game and still starts for some strange reason, and a defender's mistakes are 50 times more costly then a striker's mistake since a mistake from him will 95% of the time result in us conceeding a goal.

If we had a decent replacement for him then I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be starting. But as things stand with our current team I don't see anyone who could replace him. But Paolo against Arsenal proved to Carlo that he should start in the center next to Nesta in the big ties and not Kaladze

See I cant have a discussion with someone who defends Gila and bashes kaladze at the same time. Cause when Kaladze playes good, its always thanks to nesta or whoever he's playing with. rolleyes.gif

I'll stay in reality world where facts about Gila are all around us.

Cheers cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 02:45 PM)
Answer ? and who are you to make up the questions ?
Oehhhhh , Carlo chose Gila instead of Pippo . What an achievement !!!

You admitted when kaladze played well ??  biggrin.gif cmon now ...
I dont have to praise Gila,  cause there is nothing to be praised about. kaladze has made some errors , so does Nesta. But you blow them up so childish with your " F*****ckkkkkkk Kaladzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , you dumb f*ckkkkeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go tohelllll pieve of sh!t  mad.gif  mad.gif  " kinda comments.

All very very intelligent rolleyes.gif  I at least have some respect when I criticise Gila.
Ohhh , now kaladze is playing cause of silvio's daughter. Djeezes Pana, whatever makes you happy ...

You are funny!

Now go to other forums and call me and han "milanfans" and ignorant losers because we have a different opinion than yours! wink.gif Oh wait you have done that already!

Have fun in your own little world boy!
Tennie
Okay, guys.

BASTA. Or the fish doll will take away your μπισκότα. 96.gif

Please, let's discuss the game between Milan and Palermo. This is one we need to win especially given that Fiorentina are 3 points ahead of us. Looks like we've got a chance to draw even and go into 4th.
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 01:46 PM)
Carlo? Then why does he keep fielding him, many times ahead of Inzaghi?
The whole world? You think too much of yourself!

Again ...

Ahead of a 34 yr old Inzaghi ?? Since when is that a feat ??

I think to much of myself ?? who made you the local shrink ?
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 01:54 PM)
You are funny!

Now go to other forums and call me and han "milanfans" and ignorant losers because we have a different opinion than yours! wink.gif Oh wait you have done that already!

Have fun in your own little world boy!

This started with me saying "gila who?" . Then i get attacked cause I have a different oppinion. Dont be a hypocrite pal !
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2008, 12:55 PM)
Okay, guys.

BASTA. Or the fish doll will take away your μπισκότα.  96.gif

Please, let's discuss the game between Milan and Palermo. This is one we need to win especially given that Fiorentina are 3 points ahead of us. Looks like we've got a chance to draw even and go into 4th.

we lost this last year unsure.gif , but that was last year and i was in the stands when it happened cry.gif , i think we can win this one and some good news from Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb22h.html

Miccoli may miss Milan Friday 22 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo may be without key striker Fabrizio Miccoli for Sunday’s visit to San Siro to face Milan.

The Rosanero are looking to build on a win over Cagliari and haul reassert their UEFA Cup credentials as they take on the world champions.

However, they may need to manage without diminutive ace Miccoli after he missed training yesterday with a muscular problem.

The former Juventus man has been undergoing a course of physiotherapy, but the recovery time for such a problem is unclear.

Brazilian hitman Amauri will be present and is likely to be paired with Uruguayan starlet Edison Cavani.

Palermo stunned the Diavolo with a 2-0 triumph in this fixture last term and the Sicilians won 2-1 when the two sides met at the Stadio Renzo Barbera in Week 5.
Jack Sparrow
^^

Actually Nova, the point me and my Hija tal-qalb are trying to make is that you're comparing two players on technique, and declaring one to be better.

None of us argue, that Pato's technical skills is 10x greater than Gila's. Pato is at a distinct advantage wherein, Milan's midfield is almost tailor made for him to play whether with a striking partner or without one. For instance...

1. Pato can run onto through balls like the Roadrunner(Meep meep!!) much better than Gila can. And this basically means, he's foil for Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka.

2. Pato can drift right out deep, and carry the ball up field, leaving Kaka and R99 (cry.gif) free to run up into space, and also thus Pato plays the very vital role of our very sorely missed second striker.

3. Pato adds marketability to Milan, as a bright youngster in an 'aging' Milan line up. In 4 matches, Europe doesn't talk of Krkic anymore. More jersey sales...and hopefully one mammoth TV contract. Too bad Nike won't allow a P7- The Mighty Duck clothing line. sad.gif

In contrast, you're asking a very valid question...wtf can that A-hole B-tard Gilardino do, besides gracing Milan dinners with his lovely girlfriend.

Gila can't do any of the three things Pato does, though he tries like hell for all three (even Point 3- the D&G calendar was superb). But yes Pato does do it better.

Now consider this, Milan's formation 4-3-2-1 is one we're playing out of necessity. It just somehow worked out, with Kaka playing as an SS, and we've stuck to it.

You have to admit, that as a sole striker in that lineup, Gila>>>Pippo. The match against Liverpool..was well two typical Pippo goals, but he contributed very little else to the plan.

The fact is in that X-Mas tree, let's just analyse what Gila's strengths are and how he fits in...

Gila DOES not do stepovers or lane changes or rabonas or sombreros or elasticos or the fanciful unicorn any more than Seedorf runs at defences at full speed. He's an old world Italian centre forward. A goal box player with some target man capabilites.

1. Gila holds up the ball for other players to run on for him to play to. And quite simply after Pirlo, he's the only person in our squad who can come close to staying with the ball longer than 5 seconds in a 5 metre radius. Maybe Seedorf...but you can't tell Clarence to do anything. Just like you can't go tell Da Vinci to paint you an elephant. He'll do what he faackin feels like.

So in connection, Gila's role is not to score, his role is to hold up that freakin ball, and wait for someone to play it onto. His role is also to be in the box as a threat run on and score from crosses (yes...those 'cheesy headers' you mentioned), and keep the other defenders busy or hold onto the ball long enough for Kaka/Seedorf to run onto.

So let us run run through this again...

1. Be a constant presence in and around the box--->Check
Unfortunately this comes out as being in the box doing nothing. When nobody really sees, the 3 defenders on his shirt, leaving Kaka space.

2. Score from crosses---> Check...kinda
From corners, Gila is the best we've got, since Sheva left. As for crosses, Milan's setup unfortunately requires our fullbacks to step up to the plate. And for the last two seasons(including this one), our fullback situation has been cr@p- at least offensively. From corners he's still doing the trick.

3. Hold onto the ball, graft in the field, generally work hard and be the gopher, so our mid-field can do stuff.--->Check.

So all in all, his role in the game plan he is doing pretty well. Now let's check out a few other things he's doing...

1. He does drift back into mid-field trying hard to help our sometimes constipated down the centre approach. When you would hardly expect a 'goal-poacher' to do.

2. He's alert enough to run onto pacy through balls and score. Udinese being the latest one I can think of.

3. If you look at it traditionally the true blue target men were meant to hold the ball for the centre forwards to run onto. Essentially Gila is not a target man. He's a centre forward in the Italian (not English) style. He is meant to be the dude DOING the running onto. In this case from a second striker or from a wing forward. Milan has neither. So Milan force Gila to play the position he cannot and convert Kaka to a centre forward or our main goal scoring threat. It's the same thing with Pato. Pato is not a true SS, he is also a primo punta. That Gila puts his head down and does the job is a big thing.

Coz...and I know misha will kill me for this, but take a look at Sheva when Jose played him out of position. Or Del Piero. Or Raul. None of them could contribute much. In Sheva's case, we make the declaration (is it some kind of favouritism, I dunno), that Sheva's presence pulled defenders off and made Drogba the phenomenon. But in Gila's case...he's useless?? huh.gif

So then, here's what we're doing, we're putting in a nutshell a square nut into a round hole and hammering it as hard as possible till it goes in as much as it can. And then we turn around and say this nut is useless.

Either find a round nut or get a squarer hole.

^^^
That's one way.

The second...you buy Galliani's(at that it seemed to me) BS explanation.
'It's not written anywhere that a striker must score!'. We laughed rather bitterly then. But if you think about it makes sense. Is what we're doing now, any different from say what the Azzuri did in the World Cup??

What was Luca Toni's contribution as opposed to the mid-field's in lieu of attack. A brace in a match, with a school ground header and a kindergarten tap in. To be honest only Gila's and Pippo's goals in that entire tournament required any sort of 'typical forward skill'.

The forwards were there to pull the defenders off, so that mostly the mid-field could hold sway. Pirlo and Rino as motors in the centre and Totti and Camoranesi as spearheads. It worked...even though it was not mostly the mids who scored. The tactic worked. The defenders were pulled off by the strikers and the Azzuri lifted that cup. Of course I'm not saying this was the only thing the Italian NT did right, but it was one of the things.

Well...this has been a huge post, so I'm not gonna summarize a lot.

But I do believe I've answered what I felt were a few anti-Gila points u made.

1. That when he gets the ball, he plays it to Kaka rather than go for the play himself. It's his role. He did it to Paloschi too in that losing Coppa match.

2. Pato the wunderkind (right LaPalma?) can do it all on his own. To an extent...but he'll do it far better with Gila. He'll do it 1000x better than better if Gila is left in peace.

If Gila had been a useless piece of shite in the management's eyes...I have no doubts he would have left by now. The management does not own him anything in terms of sentimentality.Like for instance Cafu or Dida or Sergio. And as for that 17 mill euro deal. Puhleeze...Oli would still be here, if we cared that much for the bill than underperformance.

That is my view...and I understand perfectly why you would feel otherwise. Gila fits a tactical role. And he fits it well. Are there better players..yes...a thousand times yes.

For eg. As a target man...Gila would be better than say Bobo Vieri,except he lacks that vital ability to hold off defenders- turn-and-shoot. Defenders know Gila can't do that, so they can bravely clamber onto him, knowing that all he can do is play off to Kaka, who has meanwhile been nullified by a holding mid. So yes Gila is not perfect for that role. A Drogba or even a Berbatov would be much better.

If you wanna know why I support Gila so much, then this is it. Few strikers have been hated (in the history of Milan as a club!) more than Gilardino for doing the job his team wanted / asked him to do. A player of his talent, doesn't really need Milan much. Last season, a lesser professional would have flipped the bird, said...'Thanks ever so much for the CL...I'm off to Juve'...and we'd be hearing about Iaquinta still being in Udinese and Gila and Trez and Del Piero creating a new Serie A record.

A lesser professional would also not have said...'F@ck Calciopoli...I'll stick with Milan till Serie C2'.

So yes...my reasons for supporting Gila come from the heart and the head. But my reasons are my own, just like yours.

No offence...and please don't flame me. I'm just a talkative wimp. wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 03:37 PM)

Definitely because Gila had a better physique and match fitness compared to 34yo Pippo.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 12:31 PM)
Paolo does not need to prove anything to anyone. Kaladze is not even worthy of looking at him! Even so, God still has agreed to play at LB so that Silvio's favorite can fit in the squad!

It seems like he does lately with Kaladze starting in the center and him on the left when Kaladze has no buisness playing ahead of Paolo.

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 12:35 PM)
I'm not defending Pippo . He missed some great chances too. BUT , that doesnt make Gila any better then him.

I didn't say that you defend Pippo, I'm just saying that when Pippo misses guilt edged chances you don't seem to mind that but when Gila does it it's like the end of the world. It's like when you accuse of dst because of his double standards towards Kaladze, but in reality you do the same thing.

To say he scored 2 important goals in Athens , but we wouldnt be there if it wasnt for kaka. Thats hypocritical . Cause if it was Gila who had scored , you wouldnt even mention Kaka as an excuse for Inzaghi's goals and praise him for that achievement.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say that, I may defend Gila but I'm not blinded to the reality of the situation. Even if it was Nesta who scored the goals against Liverpool I would still say it was Kaka that dragged us through the competition, especially since Nesta missed half of the thing through injury. Noone can deny that last season's CL win was about 75% down to Kaka's brilliance, especially when the team played like cr"p from back to front and he had to drag them through by their hair on his own.

And lets not switch the subject . And why you keep comparing Gila with Pippo ?

Because thier situation is the same, both he and pippo struggle in the xmas tree, Poto doesn't because he is a different type of striker to them so I can't see how it is ok for you to compare Pato and Gila together but not ok for me to compare Gila and Pippo together.

The only difference is that you see it fit to criticise Gila when he does nothing in the formation but it's ok if it's Pippo that does nothing because he's Pippo.

Gila is disadvantaged cause of the skills he lacks . Carlo sees it  , I see it , the whole world sees it ... Go live in denial if you want . Im not blaming our system for his failure.

As dst said, then why doesn he keep playing him??
Gila is disadvanaged because he is not the type of striker that can play in that system neighter is Pippo!!!

And I'm not in denail, it is a fact. When Gila start playing like he does in the xmas tree when he plays with a supporting striker then I will agree with you, but for now it's pretty obvious what the problem is.
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 03:02 PM)
This started with me saying "gila who?" . Then i get attacked cause I have a different oppinion. Dont be a hypocrite pal !

Nice little quibble there! You got attacked? laugh.gif OK then, since you feel that way... now go tell your friends. At least when I have something to say, I don't say it behind your back!

Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:07 PM)
It seems like he does lately with Kaladze starting in the center and him on the left when Kaladze has no buisness playing ahead of Paolo.
I didn't say that you defend Pippo, I'm just saying that when Pippo misses guilt edged chances you don't seem to mind that but when Gila does it it's like the end of the world. It's like when you accuse of dst because of his double standards towards Kaladze, but in reality you do the same thing.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say that, I may defend Gila but I'm not blinded to the reality of the situation. Even if it was Nesta who scored the goals against Liverpool I would still say it was Kaka that dragged us through the competition, especially since Nesta missed half of the thing through injury. Noone can deny that last season's CL win was about 75% down to Kaka's brilliance, especially when the team played like cr"p from back to front and he had to drag them through by their hair on his own.
Because thier situation is the same, both he and pippo struggle in the xmas tree, Poto doesn't because he is a different type of striker to them so I can't see how it is ok for you to compare Pato and Gila together but not ok for me to compare Gila and Pippo together.

The only difference is that you see it fit to criticise Gila when he does nothing in the formation but it's ok if it's Pippo that does nothing because he's Pippo.
As dst said, then why doesn he keep playing him??
Gila is disadvanaged because he is not the type of striker that can play in that system neighter is Pippo!!!

And I'm not in denail, it is a fact. When Gila start playing like he does in the xmas tree when he plays with a supporting striker then I will agree with you, but for now it's pretty obvious what the problem is.

Cause he's out of options ? An injured ronaldo , an aged Pippo , a newbie Paloschi ?

He is getting benched you know .

Btw , Nice post !
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 12:53 PM)
See I cant have a discussion with someone who defends Gila and bashes kaladze at the same time. Cause when Kaladze playes good, its always thanks to nesta or whoever he's playing with. rolleyes.gif

I'll stay in reality world where facts about Gila are all around us.
Cheers  cool.gif

I don't see how that comment is "bashing" Kaldze, I only said a fact, Kaladze averages about one mistake per game and in his position it is costly, I don't see how you call that bashing.

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 01:02 PM)

It did not start with you saying 'Gila who' it always starts with you putting snide comments about Gila and actually bashing him, no matter what he does you bash him. Atleast if dst or I or anyone else here says anything about Kaladze it usually comes from him making a serious mistake that usually costs us. Your dislike for Gila just seriously gets to me that's all. It's like you're constantly scoping him out to see what you can criticise about him, he can't put a foot wrong and you're already laying into him.

And I'm not someone that idolises Gila, far from that, I even say when he does something stupid like miss an easy chance and it makes me angry, but I don't lay into him like you do just for the pure fact that I don't like him
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:14 PM)
I don't see how that comment is "bashing" Kaldze, I only said a fact, Kaladze averages about one mistake per game and in his position it is costly, I don't see how you call that bashing.
It did not start with you saying 'Gila who' it always starts with you putting snide comments about Gila and actually bashing him, no matter what he does you bash him. Atleast if dst or I or anyone else here says anything about Kaladze it usually comes from him making a serious mistake that usually costs us. Your dislike for Gila just seriously gets to me that's all. It's like you're constantly scoping him out to see what you can criticise about him, he can't put a foot wrong and you're already laying into him.

And I'm not someone that idolises Gila, far from that, I even say when he does something stupid like miss an easy chance and it makes me angry, but I don't lay into him like you do just for the pure fact that I don't like him

First of all , you dont have to speak in dst's name smile.gif

Plus , dst bashes kaladze aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time. If its an news article about him , a video posted , a picture ... everything !

I dont bash Gila, I criticise , and I try to stay calm.

Im still waiting for Gila to prove me wrong btw.
Il Capitano
@Jack sparrow

I do agree with most of what U said about Gila except for "Gila's role is not to score". His job as u said is to hold on to the ball but it's also to score. He should score at least 16 goals in the league.
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 02:09 PM)
Nice little quibble there! You got attacked?  laugh.gif OK then, since you feel that way... now go tell your friends. At least when I have something to say, I don't say it behind your back!

whats your point ? That i say on other forums how I dont agree with some people here ?

This is the Internet pal. there is no backstabbing , plus I have thrown it in your FACE how i dont agree with you and you dont need to be an genuis to guess how you irritate me now.

What ? Think I care about how you read my comments on other forums ? biggrin.gif laugh.gif shhhh , its a secret !!! biggrin.gif

Go ask your friends about going behind peoples back to get someone banned wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2008, 01:02 PM)
So then, here's what we're doing, we're putting in a nutshell a square nut into a round hole and hammering it as hard as possible till it goes in as much as it can. And then we turn around and say this nut is useless.

Either find a square nut or get a rounder hole.

Best saying I heard in a long time Jack king.gif king.gif king.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2008, 01:02 PM)
For eg. As a target man...Gila would be better than say Bobo Vieri,except he lacks that vital ability to hold off defenders- turn-and-shoot. Defenders know Gila can't do that, so they can bravely clamber onto him, knowing that all he can do is play off to Kaka, who has meanwhile been nullified by a holding mid. So yes Gila is not perfect for that role. A Drogba or even a Berbatov would be much better.
If you wanna know why I support Gila so much, then this is it. Few strikers have been hated (in the history of Milan as a club!) more than Gilardino for doing the job his team wanted / asked him to do. A player of his talent, doesn't really need Milan much. Last season, a lesser professional would have flipped the bird, said...'Thanks ever so much for the CL...I'm off to Juve'...and we'd be hearing about Iaquinta still being in Udinese and Gila and Trez and Del Piero creating a new Serie A record.

A lesser professional would also not have said...'F@ck Calciopoli...I'll stick with Milan till Serie C2'.

So yes...my reasons for supporting Gila come from the heart and the head. But my reasons are my own, just like yours.

No offence...and please don't flame me. I'm just a talkative wimp. wink.gif

EXACTLY

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 01:18 PM)
First of all , you dont have to speak in dst's name  smile.gif

Plus , dst bashes kaladze aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time. If its an news article about him , a video posted  , a picture  ... everything !

I dont bash Gila, I criticise , and I try to stay calm.

Im still waiting for Gila to prove me wrong btw.

I'm not speaking in his anme, I'm using him as an example.

And he only criticises him like that because he usually has a reason to, like after a game when he gives a penalty for no reason, he might criticise him in other threads because of it. But he usually has a very valid reason.

And yes you bash Gila, either it comes as a snide comment towards him or just plain bashing him you do it. I'm not saying that you go all out yelling "F@@CCCK YOU GILA!!!!" or something like that but the way you criticise him is clearly bashing.

For example, I admit to crticising Kaladze and Dida, but I only do it when do a mistake that costs us a game, I don't do it just for the simple fact that I don't like them and wish that they weren't on our team
nuh
i do think though that kaladze in these 2 years has done nothing but cost us...
but if u look at gila ok he might not be a pato or a sheva but he was the one who saved us he did score the most goals for us this year and last year soo i dont think he diservs to be bashed as where kaladze does
han2503
QUOTE (nuh @ Feb 22 2008, 01:44 PM)
i do think though that kaladze in these 2 years has done nothing but cost us...
but if u look at gila ok he might not be a pato or a sheva but he was the one who saved us he did score the most goals for us this year and last year soo i dont think he diservs to be bashed as where kaladze does

True
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 07:09 PM)
Best saying I heard in a long time Jack  king.gif  king.gif  king.gif
EXACTLY
I'm not speaking in his anme, I'm using him as an example.

And he only criticises him like that because he usually has a reason to, like after a game when he gives a penalty for no reason, he might criticise him in other threads because of it. But he usually has a very valid reason.

And yes you bash Gila, either it comes as a snide comment towards him or just plain bashing him you do it.  I'm not saying that you go all out yelling "F@@CCCK YOU GILA!!!!" or something like that but the way you criticise him is clearly bashing.

For example, I admit to crticising Kaladze and Dida, but I only do it when do a mistake that costs us a game, I don't do it just for the simple fact that I don't like them and wish that they weren't on our team

Actually I put it backwards...it's fixed though now.

And can you believe han guys??? I just say I'm a talkative wimp as a joke...and he goes around yelling EXACTLY!!!

To paraphrase Fantantonio...'I TREATED YOU LIKE A BROTHER, I FOUGHT FOR YOU ON MILANFAN...AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME!!!' realmad.gif

And @IlCap:

Yes you're right...but if I'm not wrong he's got 10 now? or is it 9? Either way if the boy could learn that turn-and-shoot that Bobo and Drogba do well...he'd have 15 by now. But I guess...it's not too late for him to learn. In any case, he can give us 5 years more than Drogba.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.