Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pato vs. Bojan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Portman
I was reading some opinions about Manucho in a Manchester United forum when I end up in a Pato vs. Bojan thread where they (United fans) talk about the 2 of the best young guns out there. Here are some of their opinions:

[QUOTE]Two of the top 2 strikers in their age group and getting action for two top teams in Europe. Both called up to their national teams already at such a young age. Who would you rather have or think will turn out better?

Seen Bojan play more this season as its harder to get watching Milan because theyre not guaranteed to be on Footall Italiano every week where Barca will be on Sky Sports. But from what Ive seen of Pato he looks the business. Bojan is obviously a talent but looks very lightweight up there in Barca's system. But can you argue with 800-odd goals coming through the ranks at Barca?

Tough one to call but if I was offered one or the other it would be Pato.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pato looks class, Bojan seems good but not as good as Pato.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
Pato Looks like a potential football genius, a la fat ronaldo
bojan looks like he'll be a top top striker but more a ruud than a flair player.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pato's better, Bojan is a year younger.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pato is the better player, Bojan still looks a good prospect though.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]the talent and potential is very obvious when watching Pato, but his finishing is still suspect at times. But when he shines, he fecking shines.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pato's potential is actually scary. Imagine, Milan are actually depending on an 18-year-old for a CL position![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
I'd say Pato is more naturally talented but Bojan is the more polished. I'd tale Bojan over Pato, if only for his last name. I'd like to see Krkic on a shirt.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I also think Pato's got the better potential...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pato all day!! He would probably personally laugh at this comparison. Bojan just has a nack for scoring goals, Pato looks like he has a bit of everything.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]pato without question.[/QUOTE]

And what do you think of it?
Darunia
I haven't seen much of Bojan.. but Pato is the real deal...
bigmacmtl
to me pato seems to have more of that killer instinct... he doesnt have the polish just yet but he does know his way to the goal. bojan seems to be a more messi like forward, just not as good.
amancik
I agree with bigmacmtl, bojan is more like messi
pato still lacks a bit of composure and finishing that are needed to be a world class striker, but he's not too far off cuz he's playing for AC MILAN, and bagged 4 already ...
dst
They are different players... I think Pato is better. Krkic doesn't look as good and he plays in a team that has less problems than Milan...

But of course I'd love to have Bojan in Milan... and it's all about development so all that matters is what will be of them 2 or 3 years from now.

QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 5 2008, 01:27 AM)
I was reading some opinions about Manucho in a Manchester United forum...

And what do they think of Manucho? You?

But can you argue with 800-odd goals coming through the ranks at Barca?

What is this?
Zed.D
Pato.

Both are exceptional, but I think Pato is [/will be] better in what he's supposed to do and even though 4 goals in 6 games is really impressive, I believe we have seen nothing yet!

Bojan has always been at Barca. it's no wonder why he's found it so easy to adapt to Barca's first team and Spanish league; but this cannot be said about Pato. another reason why I think is Pato doing a greater job.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2008, 09:58 AM)
And what do they think of Manucho? You?

What is this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YqYePs74jn8 After watching his performances in ACN with Angola they're really looking foward to him.
But it's difficult to say anything about his future. He'll be off to Panathinaikos and then maybe to United in the Summer. We don't know how will he adapt in England, let's remember he's African and never left his country before. But he's very good and have potential.

800 goals? That the number of goals Krkic scored for Barcelona Primavera team (not only the Primavera but in all the teams of Barcelona youth-system. I think he got the record. No kid has ever scored that much. I think he had something like 3 goals per game as his average).
dst
Thanks for the info Iberian!

QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 5 2008, 03:15 PM)
800 goals? That the number of goals Krkic scored for Barcelona Primavera team (not only the Primavera but in all the teams of Barcelona youth-system. I think he got the record. No kid has ever scored that much. I think he had something like 3 goals per game as his average).

ohmy.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2008, 04:57 PM)
Thanks for the info Iberian!
QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 5 2008, 04:45 PM)

ohmy.gif

I don't want to justify anything, but look at this:

Bojan --- 2007 --- FC Barcelona --- 18 (4) --- [800 minutes played]

Pato ----- 2008 ---AC Milan --------- 6 (4) ---- [acmilan.com is down right now but I think he's played around than 500 minutes]

There's no logic between the goals you score for a Primavera team and how good you become in a first team in the future. in fact there's no logic in football at all!! that's just my opinion...
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 5 2008, 03:42 PM)
There's no logic between the goals you score for a Primavera team and how good you become in a first team in the future. in fact there's no logic in football at all!! that's just my opinion...

True.

But this is not Pato's first season as a pro and Krkic has played some games out wide and not as a true forward.

I do believe Pato is better right now but as I said before all that matters is where they will both be in a couple of seasons.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2008, 05:15 PM)
True.

But this is not Pato's first season as a pro and Krkic has played some games out wide and not as a true forward.

I do believe Pato is better right now but as I said before all that matters is where they will both be in a couple of seasons.

It's only Pato's second season [they started exactly at the same age, 17]. but Krkic, like I said before, comes through Barca's youth system, it's much easier to adapt than to come from a different country with a completely different league quality!

I hope they both become world class wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2008, 05:15 PM)
True.

It's only Pato's second season [they started exactly at the same age, 17]. but Krkic, like I said before, comes through Barca's youth system, it's much easier to adapt than to come from a different country with a completely different league quality!

I hope they both become world class wink.gif
Ry4n
[quote=zdrossoneri,Feb 5 2008, 01:42 PM]
ohmy.gif

[/quote]

I don't want to justify anything, but look at this:
Bojan --- 2007 --- FC Barcelona --- 18 (4) --- [800 minutes played]

Pato ----- 2008 ---AC Milan --------- 6 (4) ---- [acmilan.com is down right now but I think he's played around than 500 minutes]

[/quote]

Pato has played 444 minutes played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mxII_5SvM8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.