Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti: Me To Barcelona...Why Not?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Fillipo Simone
02/02/2008 20:14

Ancelotti: Me To Barcelona...Why Not?

Speaking ahead of their game against Fiorentina this weekend, AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti seemed to suggest that he would be open to taking over at Barcelona next season, although he was quick to state that they would not be the only club he would consider.

Speculation continues to grow over Ancelotti's future at the San Siro, with Marcelo Lippi the latest manager to be linked to the club.

Milan endured a poor start to the Serie A season and it is only since Alexandre Pato became eligible to play in January that they have started a push for a Champions League qualifying position.

Club chairman Silvio Berlusconi is said to be readying funds to buy a new generation of players to replace the likes of Paulo Maldini, Cafu and Clarence Seedorf in the coming years and there is a suggestion that a new manager will also be on his shopping list.

When Ancelotti was asked about the rumours that Lippi was being lined up to replace him in the summer, he responded by suggesting that the Barcelona job could well be to his liking if that were the case.

"New stories say Lippi will take over? A mutual parting of ways between Milan and I? I have not interpreted anything of that kind,"

"To go to Barcelona? Why not, but in Europe Barcelona are not the only ones..."

Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard has had to endure similar rumours to Ancelotti throughout the season and will no doubt be unhappy at Ancelotti for publicly throwing his hat into the ring for the position.

José Mourinho has been strongly linked with both Milan and Barça and with Rijkaard a former Milan player, Mourinho getting either of the jobs could lead to a managerial merry-go-round come the summer.
dst
He said that during the today's game press conference. He was joking... but it could become reality, why not?
Jack Sparrow
Rijkaard to Milan..as a coach...

I'd take the old Frankie back into our midfield anyday...even let Brocchi and Emerson go for that...but as coach?? unsure.gif

To be honest between Rijkaard and Mourinho...the only thing Rijkaard's got going for him is he's a nice guy...and we all love him. Mourinho's not got either...but it tells you the state of football nowadays, when those two qualities are no longer important.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 3 2008, 01:43 PM)

I'd take the old Frankie back into our midfield anyday...even let Brocchi and Emerson go for that...but as coach?? unsure.gif

To be honest between Rijkaard and Mourinho...the only thing Rijkaard's got going for him is he's a nice guy...and we all love him. Mourinho's not got either...but it tells you the state of football nowadays, when those two qualities are no longer important.

Well, he also is a Milan legend.

And btw, the nice guy had also his moments,..
Jack Sparrow
Well Rijkaard the manager is a nice guy...is what I meant. I'd remember that every time I saw Rudi manage the national team...it was hilarious... biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 3 2008, 01:49 PM)
Well, he also is a Milan legend.

And btw, the nice guy had also his moments,..

And Rudi was sent off because of that little Lama action mad.gif
He was a magnificent player though.
dst
What's wrong with that picture? I only see Rijkaard blowing away a little firefly... what now, a man cannot even do that? Jeez...

... tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
As i started with the Rijkaard pics,..I couldn't resist not to include one of my favorite pictures overall,..

LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 3 2008, 02:05 PM)
What's wrong with that picture? I only see Rijkaard blowing away a little firefly... what now, a man cannot even do that? Jeez...

... tongue.gif

He did that twice in this certain game dry.gif
kurtsimonw
Didn't Carlo say he'd only leave Milan for Roma or something similar?
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 3 2008, 01:25 PM)
Didn't Carlo say he'd only leave Milan for Roma or something similar?

NT.
redbabies
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 3 2008, 02:08 PM)
As i started with the Rijkaard pics,..I couldn't resist not to include one of my favorite pictures overall,..

Is he Boban??? My all-time favourite player. king.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 3 2008, 07:43 AM)

got neither? no one has won as many trophies as mourinho the past 5-6 years.

admit it, the guys a good coach. whether you like him as a person, well thats up to you.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (redbabies @ Feb 4 2008, 12:41 AM)
Is he Boban??? My all-time favourite player. king.gif

Yep, it's a photo from Boban's farewell game. All the Milan legends played there,..
Tennie
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif BOBAN!

(I miss him! One of my very favourite players.)
Jack Sparrow
@bigmac:

Lol...maybe I wasn't clear...what I was saying was all Frankie had over Mourinho was that Frankie's a nice guy who all of us love. While Mourinho is not a very nice guy...and not all of us like him, but he's probably better than Frankie in everything else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.