Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 30/01/08 - Serie A - Reggina vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
KillerMax
Easy away game. Milan must now start winning consistently.
dst
Easy? We can make it easy... we rarely have done so this season.
Ry4n
maybe give Kaka' a rest and let him only play 30 minutes
Portman
Hum... there are no easy games for Milan at the moment.

Anyway, we'll win.
Rossoneri7
These games are real close to each other, aren't they ... So the game is on Wednesday.

Hope the team are at 100% condition when the game starts ...

It would be the tree again ... Unless, Carlo fields both Gila and Pato.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 27 2008, 05:05 PM)
These games are real close to each other, aren't they ... So the game is on Wednesday.

Hope the team are at 100% condition when the game starts ...
It would be the tree again ... Unless, Carlo fields both Gila and Pato.

I agree Pato and Gila up front wink.gif
KillerMax
Pato needs a rest for sure.
Ry4n
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 27 2008, 05:36 PM)

but he maybe on form now should we stop him
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 27 2008, 08:36 PM)

Nah, he's 18 yrs old, he can take it. Plus, it's good for him, so he gets a hang of things ..
amancik
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 27 2008, 06:48 PM)
Nah, he's 18 yrs old, he can take it. Plus, it's good for him, so he gets a hang of things ..

I'd say he's got a lot more to give, why not against Reggina. 3 goals in 4 games is quite impressive for an 18 year old, let's hope it won't stop there. But he needs to work on his finishing, he could've scored more today.
amancik
I'd reckon another 2-0 win for Milan. This time Pato and Kaka the scorers
Portman
2 away matches in 4 days. First Reggina and then a top one vs. Fiorentina...

We need the 6 points.
han2503
Really important game, after already p!ssing away the 3 pts from the 9 we could have gotten we really need to win this one.

Don't know what formation we should play, the xmas tree with Pato works well, I'm just a bit worried about his finishing, because of the type of player he is he will get a lot of chances in the xmas tree just like today, he just needs to take them, his finishing will improve with the more games he plays, but I'm just worried about the ammount of games he's playing right now. I don't think he can handle it at his age. But if we play the xmas tree which I'm assuming will happen since we only have 2 strikers then Pato is the easy choice since Gila doesn't do anything in that system

I personally would like to see us go with this one

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Kala
---Yoann--Pirlo--Gattuso---
------------Seedorf----------
----------Pato--Gila----------

Oddo was great today, glad to see him back after the form he was in, Nesta and Paolo in the middle because I just can't stand to see Kala in the middle anymore.

Yoann, Pirlo and Rino with Seedorf in Kaka's place to give Ricky some rest, because he didn't look good today and some much needed rest will do wonders for him.

Pato and Gila in attack.

But Carlo will probably go for this

Oddo--Nesta--Kala--Favalli
--Gattuso--Pirlo--Ambro---
-----Seedorf--Kaka---------
-------------Pato-------------
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2008, 06:56 PM)
But Carlo will probably go for this

Oddo--Nesta--Kala--Favalli
--Gattuso--Pirlo--Ambro---
-----Seedorf--Kaka---------
-------------Pato-------------

i think he'll use Gila b coz we all know Gila scores more away from home this season !!
han2503
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jan 27 2008, 07:15 PM)
i think he'll use Gila b coz we all know Gila scores more away from home this season !!

Yeah, but Gila doesn't work well in the xmas tree formation.

I think it would be safer to play Pato if Carlo decides on the xmas tree
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2008, 07:38 PM)
Yeah, but Gila doesn't work well in the xmas tree formation.

I think it would be safer to play Pato if Carlo decides on the xmas tree

your probably right the two striker system is reserved for Ronaldo laugh.gif
Darunia
Carlo said he would give Seedorf a rest originally.. but the Ronaldo injury messed that up.. I'm hoping Gourcuff can get a rare start here. I would also like to see Gila get a start, but if x-mas tree expect Pato.
Bluesummers
How long is ronaldo out for?
Tennie
Not sure how long Ronie's out for, but he trained in the sand pit today. JANKU also trained today, running springs.
Darunia
Hm Gila is suspended for this game... haha funny Carlo brought him on for 1 min and he gets a yellow.
Tennie
Ambro is also suspended for this one. The assumption is that the team will play in the Christmas Tree formation and that, possibly, some people may be rested in light of Sunday's Really Important Game v. Fiorentina.

Expect Rino to play at least a few minutes. The game is IN Calabria and he's a total rock star there. Got a standing ovation from the Reggina crowd when he was subbed last year.
Zed.D
Gila is suspended? ohmy.gif didn't know that...

So Pato will definitely play on Wednesday... and that's good!
weeeow
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 28 2008, 10:11 PM)
Gila is suspended? ohmy.gif didn't know that...

So Pato will definitely play on Wednesday... and that's good!

lol i didnt know too!

but all for the better laugh.gif king.gif
Darunia
I hope Gourcuff gets a start in this one.. and some starters like Kaka, Pirlo get a rest. We'll need them to be at their best for Fiorentina.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ Jan 29 2008, 12:40 AM)
I hope Gourcuff gets a start in this one.. and some starters like Kaka, Pirlo get a rest.  We'll need them to be at their best for Fiorentina.

Hmm .. I doubt it, but if Milan gets a lead and maybe scores 2 goals. Then it could be possible that we would see Gourcuff.

EDIT: Oh and btw, over the past couple of yrs, Milan have had it rough at Calabria ... So, I hope u guys arn't expecting an easy 3 points
sansiro1708
dida or kalac?
arivanjj
Kalac probably. smile.gif
Ry4n
hopefully we get a easy ride and we win 2- 0
Tennie
Hrm. Sergio is back, it seems. He participated in the full training session today. He may be available to play.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 29 2008, 11:19 PM)
Hrm. Sergio is back, it seems. He participated in the full training session today. He may be available to play.

king.gif nice... at lease we'll have him till Janku recorvers
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page)
MILANELLO - Sono 20 i giocatori convocati da Carlo Ancelotti per la trasferta di Reggio Calabria:
PORTIERI: Dida, Fiori, Kalac
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Simic
CENTROCAMPISTI: Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf
ATTACCANTI: Kakà, Gilardino, Pato

Looks like Sergio isn't quite ready to play.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 29 2008, 04:12 PM)
(from acmilan.com's italian page)
MILANELLO - Sono 20 i giocatori convocati da Carlo Ancelotti per la trasferta di Reggio Calabria:
PORTIERI: Dida, Fiori, Kalac
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Simic
CENTROCAMPISTI: Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf
ATTACCANTI: Kakà, Gilardino, Pato

Looks like Sergio isn't quite ready to play.

Why is Gila called up? I thought he is suspended... wouldn't it be better if Willy was called up instead of Gila? unsure.gif
Tennie
I don't think Gila's accumulated 5. In the league, it's 5 yellows = 1 game automatic suspension. That's why Ambro is out. I was hoping to see Paloschi called up, to be honest.
arivanjj
Dida is back! smile.gif ... hopefully he's had time to reflect on his performances and get his s**t together. tongue.gif smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 29 2008, 04:22 PM)
I don't think Gila's accumulated 5. In the league, it's 5 yellows = 1 game automatic suspension. That's why Ambro is out. I was hoping to see Paloschi called up, to be honest.

You mean he isn't suspended?
Tennie
Looks that way. he wouldn't have been called up if he were suspended. goal.com got it wrong.
dst
I hate it that Kaka is listed as a forward. I understand why Galliani says so but this is called official bullshitting!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Tennie
Carletto held his prematch press conference. Highlights included:

* Milan will play with 'three attackers'. (my guess is that it's probably Kaka Turtle and Pato/Gila)
* Dida should start in goal
* Nesta might be rested
* The options for Ambro's starting spot are Brocchi Emerson and Gourcuff (my guess is that it'll probably be Emerson though I'd love to see Gourcuff get the nod)
* Ronie, Pippo, Janku and Sergio might be available for Sunday's game
m1ke
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 29 2008, 02:43 PM)
Carletto held his prematch press conference. Highlights included:

* Milan will play with 'three attackers'. (my guess is that it's probably Kaka Turtle and Pato/Gila)
* Dida should start in goal
* Nesta might be rested
* The options for Ambro's starting spot are Brocchi Emerson and Gourcuff (my guess is that it'll probably be Emerson though I'd love to see Gourcuff get the nod)
* Ronie, Pippo, Janku and Sergio might be available for Sunday's game

Thanks for the update Tennie king.gif
kurtsimonw
Oh dear. A combination of Dida and NO Nesta? sad.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 29 2008, 08:53 AM)
Oh dear. A combination of Dida and NO Nesta? sad.gif

laugh.gif Good one Kurt.

Now, thanks for fixing the title M1ke. wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 29 2008, 01:11 PM)
I hate it that Kaka is listed as a forward. I understand why Galliani says so but this is called official bullshitting!! mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

THANKYOU!! Exectly what I've been trying to say for months now rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Darunia
My guess at the lineup:

Dida
Oddo-Bonera-Kaladze-Favalli
Gattuso-Pirlo-Brocchi
Kaka-Seedorf
Pato

I would like to see Gourcuff instead of Brocchi, and maybe Gila get a start again since Pato should get a rest..but we'll see.
Nova
Gila is suspended , dont understand why he is listed .
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 30 2008, 12:18 AM)

Ancelotti said he might even play...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 30 2008, 01:48 AM)

It seems he is not sad.gif

... biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 30 2008, 02:03 AM)
Ancelotti said he might even play...

Wow....it seems like Carletto became a Bad Boy after all....he doesn't care for FIGC rules...
arivanjj
i don't wat's happening with the Gila situation... but i'm confident he'll start whether it's alone or with Pato.
Zed.D
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 30 2008, 01:33 PM)
i don't wat's happening with the Gila situation... but i'm confident he'll start whether it's alone or with Pato.

Gila from the first minute and as a lone striker = uselessness.
arivanjj
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 30 2008, 09:22 PM)
Gila from the first minute and as a lone striker = uselessness.

agreed biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.