Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time is running out and no transfers made!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
Bluesummers
I hope that we get a new signing because we desperately need to sign some players.

Discuss-
Zed.D
Relax! we are the world champions! rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
ughh whats the point? this team is going nowhere. i dint expect any transfers now and we probably wont get much during the summer either seing as we arent getting a new keeper. as a fan this is insulting, while other building for the future and for present were are doing little if anything at all.

so zambrotta will maybe come during the summer? how long is he gonna be any good he'll be what 32 by next season? his transfer would have been worth it when juve went down.
kurtsimonw
It's depressing, another fantastic transfer window from Milan. rolleyes.gif
aLbErTo
we have enough players...
Zed.D
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Jan 22 2008, 01:00 AM)
we have enough players...

O really? and I just want to ride my bicycle! [I won't tell you what it means, figure it out yourself!]
aLbErTo
we have 12 defenders(2 of them youth)...8 midfielders(one of them is BA tongue.gif )...6 attackers(on of them is kaka, who acctually is midfielder)...hm, i think thats enough...we can't just buy players if we dont sell them or relese them...so wait till summer when a lot of player (older ones) will go, we cannot add 5 player in winter break...not in milan at least, inter is other story...
dst
We use the same 11 week in week out. Carletto does not make any changes if all our players are fit even if some times it is obvious that rest is needed. This is telling of the quality of our subs. Of course we wouldn't buy 5 players now but a full-back would be a huge help... we should have pushed for Zambrotta...

Anyway... with respect to Bluesummers, I think there was no need for this thread to be opened.
aLbErTo
heh, yes for zambrotta but i think that they didnt make a step forward because of his ineligble in CL, he's a done capture in summer i think...while for left back, anyone knows how grimi is doing at siena (for replacment of serginho-vargas maybe-but then janku will sit)...
dst
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Jan 22 2008, 12:50 AM)
heh, yes for zambrotta but i think that they didnt make a step forward because of his ineligble in CL, he's a done capture in summer i think...while for left back, anyone knows how grimi is doing at siena (for replacment of serginho-vargas maybe-but then janku will sit)...

I just a couple of games of him in the beginning of the season. He looked very promising but I haven't followed him since then. I don't even know if he's playing...
aLbErTo
probably not ready for milan for at least two more seasons a? sergio won't be able to last that long i think...zambro could also play there when janku wouldnt be ready...
MizNelson
Any big transfers are not going to be made in January. It's clear B&G want to wait until summer, regardless of what they say to the media.
Zed.D
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Jan 22 2008, 02:20 AM)

Grimi?!... thanks, but no thanks! we are Milan for god's sake! we should look for a world class LB.
han2503
And non will be made I'm afraid
Warchant
i wasn't expecting any huge signings in january. no big club is going to part with their starters while still in the CL and fighting for top spot in their league.

i think the summer will be different.
Bluesummers
Please galliani sign someone! I'll even be happy with emre, i dont give a **** anymore if gourcuff doesn't play i just want to reach 4th so we don't start losing some of our important players.
elcordobez
Phillip LAHM!!!!

Why don't we ever look at players like that?bayern aren't in the CL keke so he'd be perfect to play too.

Oh ooops what am i talking about he's not bra/talian nvm.
bigmacmtl
whats the point? no ones coming even we desperately need signings, actually we've needed signings for 2 years now.

i'll be surprised if we even pick up 1 player during the summer by the way this club is being run right now rolleyes.gif
Ry4n
Dam it we need Zambro
Zed.D
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jan 24 2008, 12:26 PM)
Dam it we need Zambro

Barca won't sell him in January... thing is they need him too...
Rossoneri7
I just had a nightmare !!! Milan loaned out Kakha and brought in Matrix. Phew!!
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 24 2008, 08:58 AM)
Barca won't sell him in January... thing is they need him too...

im out of ideas on who we really need
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 24 2008, 09:04 AM)
I just had a nightmare !!! Milan loaned out Kakha and brought in Matrix. Phew!!

Matrix come to Milan? laugh.gif

He's a World Champion playing for the dominant team in his country. Why would he want to play for Milan?

I think you rate our players way too highly. Hell, even Matrix replacing Nesta for the NT turned out to be a good thing, he can't be that bad.
Zed.D
I would trade Goofy Kaladze with Matrix anytime!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 24 2008, 01:08 PM)
I think you rate our players way too highly. Hell, even Matrix replacing Nesta for the NT turned out to be a good thing, he can't be that bad.

Yes it turned out to be a good thing but you're not implying that Matrix is close to Nesta's level do you?

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 24 2008, 01:25 PM)
I would trade Goofy Kaladze with Matrix anytime!

He is a good player but a pr!ck!! No thanks.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 24 2008, 02:08 PM)
Matrix come to Milan?  laugh.gif

He's a World Champion playing for the dominant team in his country. Why would he want to play for Milan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPKM5aJGW8

U say that in the Curva, and they'll throw u off wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 24 2008, 05:24 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPKM5aJGW8

U say that in the Curva, and they'll throw u off wink.gif

Rightly.
Bluesummers
Whoever we sign doesn't matter. Just as long as we get some fresh air into the team. Emre isn't bad, frey isn't bad etc...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 24 2008, 01:54 PM)
Yes it turned out to be a good thing but you're not implying that Matrix is close to Nesta's level do you?

Close? Yes.

But the best players don't make the best team. So it's irrelevant who's better.

@R7. I thought what Matrix did there was a good thing. Milan fans seem to hate Sheva more than anyone else anyways. rolleyes.gif
Portman
World Champs. Top of Europe in UEFA ranking. Humiliated week in week out in their own league. Why should we spend cash now? I think we're just fine.

Milan just look like a joke right now. A complete one. A f shame. Do you guys realize that?

And if the present is dark. The future will be even darker if many things don't change in the club.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 24 2008, 11:21 PM)
Close? Yes.

But the best players don't make the best team. So it's irrelevant who's better.

In my view, Matrix would be honored just to suck Nesta's **** but anyway...

I don't think there's anyone out there (excluding you tongue.gif ) that would pick Matrix for his team instead of Nesta. Not even the Inter fans. And how is it irrelevant who is better? Of course chemistry is a great factor in football but when it comes to defenders you just want the best there are... I understand you are saying that Matrix made Italy a better team? Well I don't see how he did that. He scored a goal in the final but he was also the one that was involved in the penalty France "won"... He also got a red card against Australia that could have been fatal. His biggest contribution was in my opinion, his goal against the Czech Rep.. It's simple as this: Cannavaro won the Ballon d'or mostly (if not only) because of what he did in the WC. Well, in the two games that Nesta played, you could not even see Cannavaro! Italy won because of Canna, Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi, Gattuso... Matrix will just be included in the highlights...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 25 2008, 12:21 AM)
@R7. I thought what Matrix did there was a good thing. Milan fans seem to hate Sheva more than anyone else anyways.  rolleyes.gif

Well, I don't know about that. I went to the Milan-Lazio, the first game of last season ... The image I got (when I asked) was that Oliviera is a nobody compared to Shevchenko. All in all, Shevchenko is a legend to Milan fans.

Of course, I was negative when talking about him, but the people next to me were looking at me like, "are you crazy?" and laughed .. They don't hate him they love him (and that was when the issue was still hot, he had just transfered) biggrin.gif .. These are the people that attend Milan games and know that Shevchenko gave everything for Milan.

p.s. No matter what, even Porty, deep down inside every Rossoneri heart there lies a hate for the merda.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 24 2008, 11:29 PM)
Well, in the two games that Nesta played, you could not even see Cannavaro! Italy won because of Canna, Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi, Gattuso... Matrix will just be included in the highlights...

I'm going to discount your whole post as it says the name 'De Rossi'. tongue.gif

Matrix scored in the gorup stage, played solidly throughout. Is it his fault Malouda dived for the penalty? No. His only mistake was getting sent off against the Aussies. He eqaulised in the final, got Zidane sent off and then kept a cool head to score the penalty.

What did De Rossi do all tournement? I'm going to take this as an anti-Matrix post as De Rossi's only notable impact was the head-butt on McBride.
Tennie
Tsk. All this bickering. The fish doll is going to take away your beer. smile.gif

For what it's worth, IMO the best player for the Azzurri in the World Cup was Andrea Pirlo.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 25 2008, 04:09 AM)
Tsk. All this bickering. The fish doll is going to take away your beer. smile.gif

For what it's worth, IMO  the best player for the Azzurri in the World Cup was Andrea Pirlo.

Nope...IMO Gigi Buffon was even better...his saves were freaking stunning. When he saved Schneiders shot in the semi-final sad.gif and when he was there against Zizous header in the final. He prevented Zizou from being a legendary legend (instead of the legend that he's now...)

@Kurt: Are you really implying that when Matrix insulted Zizou it was a good thing?! For me it once again showed only his awfull character....
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 25 2008, 04:59 AM)
What did De Rossi do all tournement? I'm going to take this as an anti-Matrix post as De Rossi's only notable impact was the head-butt on McBride.

That was as much an anti-Matrix post as you are a Matrix fanboy! So let's just leave it at that, we're never going to come to a conclusion... tongue.gif
Bluesummers
3 days sad.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jan 25 2008, 07:52 AM)
@Kurt: Are you really implying that when Matrix insulted Zizou it was a good thing?! For me it once again showed only his awfull character....

No, it's not good that he insulted him, but it's not a new thing either, for anyone. That goes on between defenders and striker almost constantly in every game that's played. It's only highlighted because of the reaction and it being a WC Final.

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 25 2008, 06:23 PM)
That was as much an anti-Matrix post as you are a Matrix fanboy! So let's just leave it at that, we're never going to come to a conclusion... tongue.gif

Me a Matrix fanboy? I have no idea how you've come to that conclusion. biggrin.gif
vnata001
i think we are really only 3 signings away from another good cycle..Ronnie is supposed to be playing for a new contract..but he isnt playing. I think hell be gone. If he is..management realizes the need for a new attacker..Benzema will become first option.

1) Benzy - I look around at Europe right now and can't see a big team in need of a striker much like we are. He is a great talent..and we are Karim's best location to succeed and he knows we need him..PLUS, and i see this as a major plus..maybe Benzy will inspire Yoann! Maybe Gila goes the other way?

1a)Boriello - this guy is earning a nice a little recall. Sure hes scoring against the nobodies of Serie A, but hes a youngster..hungry..will have more confidence..and is playing his heart out just to return TO us..He seemed more dangerous for GENOA against Milan then Gila is for Milan against Urawa. lol.

2) midfielder - we may not need many reinforcements. Yoann is going to take over for seedorf. i would be more than happy with mascherano...the one player in the world comprable to gattuso, cept maybe hes a little more whiney and a little less angry. He would provide more consistency than ambro. and Andy P next to Javy and Rino sounds incredible.

3) Defense- we're definitely buying someone. we need nobody up the middle. Bonera, Nesta is fine for 2-3 seasons..and then well sign our next Nesta like player, i hope. For now a new wing would be nice..Zambro seems lined up, even though Srna would be a better option..Eboue reports our interest in him? thats good news.

thats my take on how we should purchase. Mascherano is free, and best fits Carlos style. If I were dreaming, we could pry Esteban Cambiasso over to us..but if you ask me Javy Mascherno is 2nd best at that position. I like him as an option for us..

so thats my take: Benzy, recall Marco, Javier, Zambo/alternative. Next seasons Yoann's telling season..he could be like a new player for us.

i would estimate this would all together cost around 55 Euros.
vnata001
and i guess if our management is feeling miserly like always..amauri seems like a nice option. Either way both Benzema and Amauri sounds much more exciting than gila..

Pato - Benzema/Amauri

Bench: Boriello, Pippo!, Paloschi! Willy!

Kaka

Seedorf - Pirlo - Gattuso/Mascherano

Bench: Yoann, Mascherano, Emerson, Ambro, Di Gennaro

Zambro/Srna - Nesta - Bonera/Kaladzity - Oddo/Eboue

Bench: Kaladze, Oddo/Eboue, Janku, Digao, Favalli, Cafu!

thats my reasonable guess as to what our squad could look like..being reasonable yet idealistic at the same time.
dst
For me, Buffon, Barzagli, Zambrotta, Amauri!!! biggrin.gif Since this is only a dream I'll add Drogba! tongue.gif

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jan 28 2008, 08:49 AM)
1a)Boriello - this guy is earning a nice a little recall. Sure hes scoring against the nobodies of Serie A, but hes a youngster..hungry..will have more confidence..and is playing his heart out just to return TO us..He seemed more dangerous for GENOA against Milan then Gila is for Milan against Urawa. lol.

He is 25. Will be 26 next season. That's young but not youngster.
nuh
ever since gila i dont trust forwards from italy
Portman

If I'd splash some millions on a center-midfielder (a box-to-box) that can do the "Seedorf" and the "Ambrosini"... then he'll be Lucho Gonzalez (on the right in the photo). Problem is that he's from Argentina...

Amazing footballer. He's the best center-mid in the Portuguese League and the best player in Porto along with Quaresma.
arivanjj
^^^ i definitely agree with you there. every time i watch him play, he's real good... he'd be a real add for our team.
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 28 2008, 11:28 PM)
^^^ i definitely agree with you there. every time i watch him play, he's real good... he'd be a real add for our team.

Why? What makes you think Carlo would field him?? rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 29 2008, 12:28 AM)

I have seen him a couple of times with Porto .. Seemed solid. I wouldn't draw conclusions just yet about him in Milan, but he is a quality player, which any team would benefit from smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2008, 09:37 PM)
Why? What makes you think Carlo would field him?? rolleyes.gif

Simply because he's a better midfielder than Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, etc. Way better.

Better than those 3 together.
Tennie
(But Lucho has Porto AND Argie cooties. puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif Ick ick ick. Even so, he's a good player.)
vnata001
QUOTE (Porty @ Jan 28 2008, 12:34 PM)
If I'd splash some millions on a center-midfielder (a box-to-box) that can do the "Seedorf" and the "Ambrosini"... then he'll be Lucho Gonzalez (on the right in the photo). Problem is that he's from Argentina...

Amazing footballer. He's the best center-mid in the Portuguese League and the best player in Porto along with Quaresma.

you are right on point. This is exactly the type of player we need. A player in the mold of an iniesta, dejan stankovic, lucho gonzales, even daniel carvalho..intelligent, skillfull player, who isnt necessarily blazing fast, but has strong presence on the ball...

Anyone heard of Vitor Pele?! if you haven't you will..and if you have, its because he is an incredible 19 year old world class Portuguese talent that played just as elegantly as our andrea pirlo and just as physically as ambrosini...against juve..for none other than INTER milan!
Thanks Milan management but i dont know how we missed this one. We have brocchi and ambro. inter has cambiasso, viera, dacourt. We could have used this player more than they could have..real shame.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jan 29 2008, 12:01 AM)
Simply because he's a better midfielder than Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, etc. Way better.

Better than those 3 together.

I've only seen him once or twice but what I meant was that Carlo seems to love "slow-***" Seedorf and "tackle-happy" Ambro way too much to bench them!

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jan 29 2008, 12:05 AM)
Anyone heard of Vitor Pele?! if you haven't you will..and if you have, its because he is an incredible 19 year old world class Portuguese talent that played just as elegantly as our andrea pirlo and just as physically as ambrosini...against juve..for none other than INTER milan!

I saw the second half of the game and I've seen him in the Coppa too. He's nowhere near that good! I don't know if he'll ever come close to the level of Pirlo but he still has a very long way to go...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.