Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berbatov
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Seems like he wants to go...

Good thing is, he would be eligible to play in Europe if he came in January...

Don't know, every time I've watched him play, he looked very good but it's always a big risk considering the difference between the two leagues...
arivanjj
i think he'd be a good edition to the team. i like his game~! smile.gif
whoarethepatriots
He is a viable option, but unfortunately, he would cost a lot
Tennie
Er. Is Bulgaria part of the EU? Because if it's not, Milan's non-EU place is already taken.

If the EU spot isn't an issue, then...I like Berbatov but I wouldn't spend a fortune on him.
misha
He's being linked with few teams (there are talks about him moving to Chelsea). Can't see Milan spending big on him.
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jan 2 2008, 02:35 AM)
He's being linked with few teams (there are talks about him moving to Chelsea). Can't see Milan spending big on him.

Same opinion. He'll end in Chelsea or Man Utd.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 2 2008, 03:34 AM)
Er. Is Bulgaria part of the EU? Because if it's not, Milan's non-EU place is already taken.

If the EU spot isn't an issue, then...I like Berbatov but I wouldn't spend a fortune on him.

Hmh, unbelivable, but yes, Bulgaria and Romania are EU countries,..
If he want's to go, and for a reasonable price, yes. We never ever had experiences with Bulgarians, right?
Zed.D
We don't need Berbatov. we have Paloschi, Umunegbu, Pierre, Willy, etc!
Rossoneri7
I'd rather we go for Toni or someone with a bit more experience rolleyes.gif
han2503
^^^^

Toni is 30 years old. We have enough of those

As for Berbatov, he's great, but I wouldn't spend a fortune on him
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 3 2008, 02:00 PM)
^^^^

Toni is 30 years old. We have enough of those

As for Berbatov, he's great, but I wouldn't spend a fortune on him

I dont know han, I would rather go with experience any day .. But I think the club turned Toni down last season to give Gila more space and a chance to live up to expectations. Therefor, Toni's transfer is out of the window.

Berbatov ? I would rather have Toni tongue.gif

On a serious note, I rate him highly, but I don't know, I mean we already have R9, Pippo, Gila, and Pato ... 4 strikers is enough. Except if we take into consideration that one or two of them would get injured, well that is like taking a gamble. Both ways, I would stick with what we've got till the summer.

If there is an area to reinforce, it should be the defense, let that be wb and/or cb slot(s)
drizzt
Milan derby for Berbatov

Saturday 5 January, 2008

There is a Milan derby on the transfer market for Dimitar Berbatov, as both San Siro giants send representatives to White Hart Lane.

The Bulgarian hitman alerted clubs all over Europe when his agent pointed out a move was on the cards.

“Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now,” agent Emil Dantchev told the BBC.

“Time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition. I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition.”

Both Milan and Inter have reacted immediately and, according to ‘Tuttosport’ newspaper, have sent representatives for negotiations with his Italian agent Roberto De Fanti.

It is likely a move will only occur in June, as Spurs do not want to sell their star striker mid-season, but neither Italian outfit wants to pay the full £18m asking price.

Former Bayer Leverkusen hero Berbatov netted 90 goals in all competition during his time in Germany and this season already has 17 under his belt.

Milan need a new forward to rejuvenate their squad, as Pippo Inzaghi and Ronaldo do not have the stamina or fitness to maintain an entire season at the top level.

Inter have a selection of strikers, but Adriano is increasingly unlikely to return even after his six-month loan spell at Sao Paolo expires, while Hernan Crespo’s injuries have made him a marginal figure this term.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan5f.html

why not? wink.gif
redbabies
He would add something extra to our squad, since we lack a tall and powerfull player like him. He is very good in the air.

Gila and Pippo are good in the air too, but not that strong and tall.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 3 2008, 11:06 AM)
I dont know han, I would rather go with experience any day .. But I think the club turned Toni down last season to give Gila more space and a chance to live up to expectations. Therefor, Toni's transfer is out of the window.

Berbatov ? I would rather have Toni tongue.gif

On a serious note, I rate him highly, but I don't know, I mean we already have R9, Pippo, Gila, and Pato ... 4 strikers is enough. Except if we take into consideration that one or two of them would get injured, well that is like taking a gamble. Both ways, I would stick with what we've got till the summer.

If there is an area to reinforce, it should be the defense, let that be wb and/or cb slot(s)

I don't agree with the fact that we had Toni signed and let him go o Bayern at the last minute. That was stupid imo. But I don't want him now that he's gone to Bayern, they would try to suck us dry to buy him and it wouldn't be worth it since he's older.

And Gila doesn't have anything to do with it, we are still short of strikers whether they wanted to give Gila another chance or not. R9 will most likely leave at the end of the season and Pippo hasn't scored a goal in Serie A for an entire year. And Pato is still a kid that we don't know how he will adjust to the league. Considering all those facts Toni should have never been let go when he was practically ours
nuh
i would love to have berbatov no matter how much he is
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 5 2008, 05:09 PM)
I don't agree with the fact that we had Toni signed and let him go o Bayern at the last minute. That was stupid imo. But I don't want him now that he's gone to Bayern, they would try to suck us dry to buy him and it wouldn't be worth it since he's older.

And Gila doesn't have anything to do with it, we are still short of strikers whether they wanted to give Gila another chance or not. R9 will most likely leave at the end of the season and Pippo hasn't scored a goal in Serie A for an entire year. And Pato is still a kid that we don't know how he will adjust to the league. Considering all those facts Toni should have never been let go when he was practically ours

I do agree with you that Toni would have been a very good option to have, for all sorts of reasons !!!

But, this is where I draw a line (as much as I would have liked the transfer), I think the board canceled for a reason! They have been in this game for so long now that particularly know it better than any board running now !! With that said, there could be a margin for error, and we could consider Toni to be a 'mistake to pass up on' .. But then again who are we to judge ?! wink.gif

It really does pain me to see the club underachieve in the league (and the fact that inter are in first place really does annoy me), plus add to that the lack of firepower we have upfront .. and I am really pissed at Toni being turned down by Milan.

Then again, I have full faith in this board. And what they have done was in the best interest of this squad. And if that means they will turn down Toni to give a particular someone the space and chance at first team football, then so be it.

p.s. too bad that certain someone is still ******* up.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 5 2008, 03:24 PM)
It really does pain me to see the club underachieve in the league (and the fact that inter are in first place really does annoy me), plus add to that the lack of firepower we have upfront .. and I am really pissed at Toni being turned down by Milan.

This right here is going to go down in my sig, probably the first time I heard you show an oppinion that is disagreeing with what the board are doing.

And I think everyone is p!ssed off about this since Toni, no matter what will garauntee you a certain ammount of goals.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 5 2008, 03:24 PM)
p.s. too bad that certain someone is still ******* up.

Gila has been our best striker for the last 2 seasons, yes the number of goals is still pethetatic, but compared to others the number is still good.

Anyway, lets not get into this again, when we know that when playing in Serie A our striker, no matter who it is gets iscolated. Hopefully one we start playing with 2 strikers again our box striker will benefit from the formation much more
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 5 2008, 08:48 PM)
This right here is going to go down in my sig, probably the first time I heard you show an oppinion that is disagreeing with what the board are doing.

And I think everyone is p!ssed off about this since Toni, no matter what will garauntee you a certain ammount of goals.
Gila has been our best striker for the last 2 seasons, yes the number of goals is still pethetatic, but compared to others the number is still good.

Anyway, lets not get into this again, when we know that when playing in Serie A our striker, no matter who it is gets iscolated. Hopefully one we start playing with 2 strikers again our box striker will benefit from the formation much more

Man, Gila being isolated ?!

What about Kaka' or Shevchenko being isolated ?! Maybe even Ronaldo being isolated .. They would get out of the tight spots in a flash wink.gif Why? Because they have the quality to do so.

Gila on the other hand lacks the quality. Plus, I dont really think he is our best striker in the past two seasons, it's just that Pippo cant handle playing every 3 days and Ronaldo is injury prone. Had we got someone else, Gila wouldn't even be getting this much time on the pitch.

Well, were not gonna do anything by going in circles ..

Back on topic .. I dont think Berbatov is worth it. Get us Ronaldinho for crying out load !

EDIT: p.s. hehe u cut my post , i did say I had full faith in the board biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 5 2008, 06:54 PM)

ohmy.gif

Finally!
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 5 2008, 05:55 PM)
Man, Gila being isolated ?!

What about Kaka' or Shevchenko being isolated ?! Maybe even Ronaldo being isolated .. They would get out of the tight spots in a flash  wink.gif Why? Because they have the quality to do so.

Gila on the other hand lacks the quality. Plus, I dont really think he is our best striker in the past two seasons, it's just that Pippo cant handle playing every 3 days and Ronaldo is injury prone. Had we got someone else, Gila wouldn't even be getting this much time on the pitch.
Gila does get isolated when playing the xmas tree, so does Pippo, you can't argue with this since every single person on this board would agree with me on this.

Now comparing Kaka, Sheva, and R9 to Gila is just wrong, we've had this debate more then once. He's not that typew of player and I don't understand why people keep expecting him to do what you mentioned

The numbers show that he has been our best striker over the last 2 seasons. Pippo is useless in the league, and Ronaldo is injured way too much to be that much of a diffenrence. As for having a great player that would bench him, I think having a real supporting striker to play alongside Gila and reverting to the 4-3-1-2 formation will bring Gila back to his best. He isn't effective when playing alone upfront simply because he gets isolated for 95% of the time

Well, were not gonna do anything by going in circles ..

We seem to do that a lot don't we? wink.gif

Back on topic .. I dont think Berbatov is worth it. Get us Ronaldinho for crying out load !

You and your obsession with the buck toothed Squirrel from the Colgate commertials

EDIT: p.s. hehe u cut my post , i did say I had full faith in the board biggrin.gif

Yeah, but that quote was too good to pass up so I had to do it biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 5 2008, 08:44 PM)
ohmy.gif

Finally!

My exact reaction ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 5 2008, 11:44 PM)
ohmy.gif

Finally!

yeah, and a rock somewhere just moved rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 5 2008, 11:47 PM)
Gila does get isolated when playing the xmas tree, so does Pippo, you can't argue with this since every single person on this board would agree with me on this.

Now comparing Kaka, Sheva, and R9 to Gila is just wrong, we've had this debate more then once. He's not that typew of player and I don't understand why people keep expecting him to do what you mentioned

Well Gila at Parma (i.e. his best, used to play alone upfront). What's ur point ?!

No, ofcourse not !!! Im not comparing them. What I am saying is, had we played R9 or Sheva up front alone, we wouldnt be using the word 'isolated' wink.gif

Gilardino, whether he comes good or doesn't ... is the least of my worries, its like beating at a dead horse, whats the point rolleyes.gif .... What bothers me is that we passed up on Toni for this piece of shite sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 5 2008, 09:07 PM)
Well Gila at Parma (i.e. his best, used to play alone upfront). What's ur point ?!
No, ofcourse not !!! Im not comparing them. What I am saying is, had we played R9 or Sheva up front alone, we wouldnt be using the word 'isolated' wink.gif

Again, because they are a different type opf striker. And Parma used to base their game on getting the ball to Gila and relying on him to put it in the net. Look at what happened to Sheva at Chelsea when the team's system didn't revolve around him like it did at Milan.

Now that happened to a previous Ballon D'or winner who was probably rigarded the best striker in Europe for most of his time he played with Milan. So Gila can't be expected to do much better considering he's not half what Sheva is.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 5 2008, 09:07 PM)
Gilardino, whether he comes good or doesn't ... is the least of my worries, its like beating at a dead horse, whats the point rolleyes.gif .... What bothers me is that we passed up on Toni for this piece of shite sad.gif

Still don't think Gila had anything to do with it. We were still on a striker shortage and for some reason because of someone's brilliant idea we decided to let go of Toni. Especially when they know that R9 and Pippo will most likely be out more during the season then they are actually fit to play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.