Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARE YOU *&%$% KIDDING ME!???
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
dst
HERE ARE ALL THE MATCHES OF THE ROSSONERI FROM 20 DECEMBER TO 12 MARCH:

20 december Milan-Catania - Coppa Italia eighth finals first leg

23 december Inter-Milan - Serie A

13 january Milan-Napoli - Serie A

16 january Catania-Milan - Coppa Italia second leg

20 january Udinese-Milan - Serie A

23 january Atalanta-Milan - Serie A, 20.30

27 january Milan-Genoa - Serie A

30 january Reggina-Milan- Serie A, 20.30

3 february Fiorentina-Milan- Serie A

10 february Milan-Siena- Serie A

13 february Milan-Livorno- Serie A, 20.30

16 or 17 february Parma-Milan- Serie A

19 or 20 february Champions League eighth finals first leg

24 february Milan-Palermo- Serie A

27 february Catania-Milan- Serie A

1 or 2 march Milan-Lazio- Serie A

4 or 5 march Champions League eighth finals second leg

12 march  - eventual Coppa Italia quarter-finals

We'll be playing every 3 days for two months in a row!!!!!! That's utterly ridiculous!!!!!
bigmacmtl
ahaha funny thing is we've already had a terrible start, the worst start milan has had in the league in over 20 years! we have a small, old, injury prone squad how can they even dream of trying to deal with all those matches when we already look tired. maybe we'll be smart and make a move or two in winter, or maybe we'll perform a miracle, we'll see.
Jack Sparrow
^^^
Option B

We have Saint Paolo in the squad. I'd expect miracles. biggrin.gif
misha
We need Ronaldo and Pato in shape and to buy few players in january. If not, our first 11 will be walking during some of this games.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2007, 12:16 AM)
We'll be playing every 3 days for two months in a row!!!!!! That's utterly ridiculous!!!!!

This is what I was talking about when I was so p!ssed off about the Atalanta game.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

We'll be run into the ground by the time the CL starts up again
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Ha, we don't need anyone. We have Carletto and Leonardo. We also have Billy. If worst comes to worst, we can call upon Baresi. And I'm sure MvB would like a work out. So there!

oh and no Riquelme for you , misha. tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
Not so bad ... By Jan, Pato will be available and will be able to take his chances against the smaller teams. We have Gourcuff too who can come in for Kaka' or Seedorf ... And obviously Ronaldo will be on show, seeing as he hasn't done anything of merit for this part of the season.

The coppa games will be over looked ... So I don't think the table is that bad .. And by the time the CL comes into play, Milan will be on top form
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 7 2007, 11:05 AM)
oh and no Riquelme for you , misha. tongue.gif

No Riquelme for me and no Ballack for you smile.gif

Last season in the second part of the season we had Ronaldo in shape (one of the main reason we made our serie A run), key players were on form and no meaningful injuries.

We have to try to make the same run in the league during january - february so we can rotate the squad in March/April. What I'm fear of that the load of so many games can be expressed in injuries to some key players this time around.

We need to have the circumstances of last year in order to make it to Moscow. Not every year it's gonna be that smooth.
armiss
You can count on Ronaldinho too !
Zed.D
The real nightmare will begin from January... it's been a sweet dream until now!
Zed.D
WORRISOME BUT LOGICAL!

Milan flew out to Japan earlier this week to begin their offensive on the Club World Cup. It’s a trophy the Italian giants understandably want to come home with, especially as their fine European Cup win last May gave them the right to fight for the intercontinental title.

The problem is that their Asian assault has come at the worst possible time for a side who have clearly underperformed on the domestic scene so far this term. If things don’t change soon, Milan will struggle to finish in the top four.

Carlo Ancelotti’s men are currently sitting in a lowly joint eighth place with just 18 points under their belts. That’s a massive and humiliating 16 behind leaders Inter and 13 shy of Roma. They’re figures that, even with their abandoned game against Atalanta still to play, have already ruled them out of the Scudetto race.

Of course, Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani will testify that ending the season in the Champions League spots is all that matters, but that objective is not going to be as routine as it should be when you consider the strength, quality and depth of the squad assembled at Milanello.

Milan may currently be only seven points adrift of fourth-placed Udinese, but that gap will almost certainly increase while the first-team squad is out of the country. The Rossoneri’s League games against Reggina and Livorno have been postponed which means they may face a double-figure points deficit by the time they touch back down on Italian soil.

Rossoneri sympathisers can rightly argue that Milan will have the opportunity to make up the lost ground thanks to their games in hand, but that won’t be as easy as it sounds – neither psychologically or physically.

Those matches will potentially be transformed into must-win encounters and will be squeezed into a fixture schedule that could be as busy as last term’s, depending on their Champions League defence.

There is also the valid argument that Milan found themselves in a similar position a year ago when their Calciopoli penalty left them struggling in the first half of the season before a post-Christmas revival.

Yet a repeat will arguably be more difficult this time around in a much stronger Serie A. While their rivals for a top four place last season were represented by little Empoli and a Palermo side who spectacularly self-destructed, the competition in 2007-08 looks to be a little more solid in the form of Juventus, Udinese and Fiorentina.

With that in mind, there is a serious risk that the possible world champions – if they don’t retain their European crown – could find themselves playing in the UEFA Cup next season…

link
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 7 2007, 11:55 AM)
Not so bad ... By Jan, Pato will be available and will be able to take his chances against the smaller teams. We have Gourcuff too who can come in for Kaka' or Seedorf ... And obviously Ronaldo will be on show, seeing as he hasn't done anything of merit for this part of the season.

The coppa games will be over looked ... So I don't think the table is that bad .. And by the time the CL comes into play, Milan will be on top form

huh.gif Oh for God's sake please stop this! And by the way, there's only one game between January 13 to March 12...
amancik
damn, we are in desperate need for back-ups ....
Locke Lamora
We could loan you Alex Song...
dst
Looking at the schedule again, I believe we absolutely need Zambrotta! If we do care about our full-back's lives that is! He would be a perfect signing, a really big help!! smile.gif
Tennie
We'd take that Spanish kid who plays in the Gooner midfield, Locke.....wink.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2007, 03:52 PM)
Looking at the schedule again, I believe we absolutely need Zambrotta! If we do care about our full-back's lives that is! He would be a perfect signing, a really big help!! smile.gif

we need a whole to back us up, why not roma ? biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2007, 12:16 AM)

We do need to spend big. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2007, 06:03 PM)
huh.gif Oh for God's sake please stop this! And by the way, there's only one game between January 13 to March 12...

Ur right .. Were heading, head first, into serie B sad.gif

The coppa was a silly excuse, seeing 'had we progressed' we'd have an even tougher schedual wink.gif

oh and ... we will be knocked out in the last 16, from the first leg, by a humiliating defeat rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
I'll take a typical managerial approach to this.

Don't think of it as alot of games in a few days, just take it one game at a time, take each one as it comes and we'll be fine!
Jack Sparrow
Or we should play like the old Newcastle...

11 men in attack, 1 GK in defence. Keeps the players fresh for the next match!
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Dec 8 2007, 01:24 AM)
We do need to spend big.  smile.gif

Indeed. But I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 8 2007, 02:29 AM)
Ur right .. Were heading, head first, into serie B sad.gif

The coppa was a silly excuse, seeing 'had we progressed' we'd have an even tougher schedual wink.gif

oh and ... we will be knocked out in the last 16, from the first leg, by a humiliating defeat rolleyes.gif

Don't mock me. I never said we're heading to Serie B. It's not black or white, get out of your shell at last!

We are LITERALLY going to be playing every 3 days for 2 months except for a one week "break"... it doesn't go any tougher! We are not going to field any of our starters anyway (in the Coppa)...

Not if we have Kaka. He is the one that covers up all our problems and still makes us look great! But what does that have to do with what I was saying anyway?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 8 2007, 04:02 AM)
Don't think of it as alot of games in a few days, just take it one game at a time, take each one as it comes and we'll be fine!

Oh this phrase is irritating! It's like they've all swallowed some tape that's been repeated over and over again!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 02:09 PM)
Don't mock me. I never said we're heading to Serie B. It's not black or white, get out of your shell at last!

We are LITERALLY going to be playing every 3 days for 2 months except for a one week "break"... it doesn't go any tougher! We are not going to field any of our starters anyway (in the Coppa)...

Not if we have Kaka. He is the one that covers up all our problems and still makes us look great! But what does that have to do with what I was saying anyway?

Oh no, i wasn't mocking u wink.gif

I was just tiered of explaining .. So i thought this is a new strategy, where i would agree with u or anyone if i posted the opposite of my views biggrin.gif .. even that doesn't please u sad.gif ... See, it was never meant to be tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 8 2007, 02:11 PM)
So i thought this is a new strategy, where i would agree with u or anyone if i posted the opposite of my views

I never said we're heading down to Serie B so you were not agreeing with me... you need to work on your strategy.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 03:18 PM)
I never said we're heading down to Serie B so you were not agreeing with me... you need to work on your strategy.

Again ur taking my words at face value .. yeah its new, but i'm sure it will be a real hit, sooner or later. When we start drawing matches again rolleyes.gif wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 8 2007, 02:23 PM)
Again ur taking my words at face value ..

No that's you.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 03:40 PM)
No that's you.

Aha .. whatever u say.
LaPalma
If we can't get Zambrotta...how 'bout signing Willy Sagnol from Bayern. I know u guys all don't like the French but he's a great Full Back/Wing back and it is said that he wants to leave Bayern because he has problems with Ottmar Hitzfeld.
Tennie
Sagnol? Is he healthy yet? He's a good player if he's recovered.

I'd welcome him.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 8 2007, 02:45 PM)
Aha .. whatever u say.

Still working on your strategy?
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2007, 02:46 PM)
If we can't get Zambrotta...how 'bout signing Willy Sagnol from Bayern. I know u guys all don't like the French but he's a great Full Back/Wing back and it is said that he wants to leave Bayern because he has problems with Ottmar Hitzfeld.

I wanted him around a year and half ago when his contract was about to end, but he signed the extension with Bayern. Now we have Oddo, and the both is pretty much the same age and the same quality. The advantage of having Zambrotta is that he can play on both flanks equally, and we can pair him either with Oddo or with Janku in a time of need.
LaPalma
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 8 2007, 02:13 PM)
I wanted him around a year and half ago when his contract was about to end, but he signed the extension with Bayern. Now we have Oddo, and the both is pretty much the same age and the same quality. The advantage of having Zambrotta is that he can play on both flanks equally, and we can pair him either with Oddo or with Janku in a time of need.

I think Sagnols main advantage comparing him to Oddo is that he's not only a really good defender but he can attack as well. His crosses are really deadly...maybe he could provide some assists for Pippo or Gila this way.
I would prefer Zambrotta as well but I dunno if he can leave Barcelona in winter...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 04:07 PM)
Still working on your strategy?

biggrin.gif

No, that ain't a strategy, that was me wink.gif
Tennie
*peer at dst and R7*

Another lover's spat, you two? Tsk.

Really, you should just decide who gets the picture of Van Basten and who gets the picture of Seedorf's @ss and just make a clean break and start seeing other people. smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2007, 03:19 PM)
I would prefer Zambrotta as well but I dunno if he can leave Barcelona in winter...

Sagnol also a little injury prone.

If not in winter than in the summer. It's in the air. Would be great to have him cuz I always liked him even though he was playing for Juve.
LaPalma
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 8 2007, 02:27 PM)
Sagnol also a little injury prone.

If not in winter than in the summer. It's in the air. Would be great to have him cuz I always liked him even though he was playing for Juve.

I agree....Zambrotta is still a fantastic player. he knows the Serie A very well and I think he'll fit in very good.
Sagnol had huge injury problems since the WC...that's right....we'll see if he can regain his form again.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 8 2007, 03:23 PM)
biggrin.gif

No, that ain't a strategy, that was me wink.gif

Oh, so you agree with me, good to hear...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 04:35 PM)
Oh, so you agree with me, good to hear...

what's that supposed to mean ? unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 8 2007, 03:37 PM)
what's that supposed to mean ? unsure.gif

Just keep the van Basten pic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.