Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zambrotta
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
mishie
Milan look increasingly likely to make a January swoop for Barcelona defender Gianluca Zambrotta.

The ex-Juventus star is believed to be desperate to return to the peninsula as his wife is homesick and the Rossoneri have been following him for some time.

Diavolo Vice-President Adriano Galliani has ruled out any transfer activity before June, but it is now being suggested that a move may take place sooner rather than later.

According to El Mundo Deportivo, Zambrotta is frustrated at finding less and less space in the Barça side and is keen to talk to Milan as soon as possible.

There are still two years left on the 30-year-old’s contract at the Nou Camp, but it is expected that a fee of just £3m would be enough to convince the Blaugranas to release him.

Zambrotta has made 46 appearances for the Catalan giants since arriving in the summer of 2006 in the aftermath of the Calciopoli scandal.

source channel4.co.uk/footballlitalia

another 30 something but a class player
shame it's 2 season's to late smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (mishie @ Dec 5 2007, 07:50 PM)
another 30 something but a class player
shame it's 2 season's to late smile.gif

And if we not hurry now, he might go to Inter.
Tennie
Two somewhat contradictory bits about this in today's Italian media.

First is an interview with Demetrio Albertini (link) in which Albertini says that relations between Milan and Barca are good and that Zambrotta would be ideal for Milan.

Then there's the interview with Zambrotta's agent (link) in which the agent says 'not in January' and that contacts/deals need to be made between the clubs before he's involved.

(I still call dibs).
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 5 2007, 06:55 PM)
And if we not hurry now, he might go to Inter.

Hmh.. laugh.gif tongue.gif . Only if he wants to rush his retirement. Inter do not use defenders, that's very well known, just like the fact that Carlo does not use wingers.. tongue.gif
Zed.D
In January?! highly unlikely.
august_milan
zambrotta would be a good catch, even if he is older than most people would like in new and up comming signings.
to get a few years outa him he is a solid answer to milans mistake in signing oddo.
han2503
QUOTE (august_milan @ Dec 24 2007, 07:18 PM)
zambrotta would be a good catch, even if he is older than most people would like in new and up comming signings.
to get a few years outa him he is a solid answer to milans mistake in signing oddo.

Oddo was never a mistake, he was vital for us last season and had we not bought him we would have never made it as far as we did.

Yes this season he's started out terribly and he's in bad form, but I trust that he will pick up pace again and be vital to us once again

Zambrotta would come in to play in the LB position where we are in serious sh!t. Paolo (which hurts to say) cannot play at his level anymore, ESPECIALLY in the LB position, Sergio lets everything go through him since he can't defend if his life depended on it. And Janku is great, yes, but again, not the best at defending. We need someone that can defend just as much as attack and Zambrotta is the answer to that.

Our defence is leaking in an average of a goal per game which is terrible especially since we can't seem to score in Serie A.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 24 2007, 11:33 PM)
Oddo was never a mistake, he was vital for us last season and had we not bought him we would have never made it as far as we did.

Yes this season he's started out terribly and he's in bad form, but I trust that he will pick up pace again and be vital to us once again

Zambrotta would come in to play in the LB position where we are in serious sh!t. Paolo (which hurts to say) cannot play at his level anymore, ESPECIALLY in the LB position, Sergio lets everything go through him since he can't defend if his life depended on it. And Janku is great, yes, but again, not the best at defending. We need someone that can defend just as much as attack and Zambrotta is the answer to that.

Our defence is leaking in an average of a goal per game which is terrible especially since we can't seem to score in Serie A.

Agreed
august_milan
i think the great thing about zambrotta is that he is so versitile and he can play left or right back position with ease. if you ask me its like buyin two players for the price of one. all the more reason to snatch him up biggrin.gif
Darunia
We need Zambrotta!

and Barca is starting Puyol at RB recently so he should def come here!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (august_milan @ Dec 24 2007, 05:59 PM)
i think the great thing about zambrotta is that he is so versitile and he can play left or right back position with ease. if you ask me its like buyin two players for the price of one. all the more reason to snatch him up biggrin.gif

ya the fullback position is especially critical because few fullbacks can play both right and left, most CB can play both right and left CB, and wingers can switch flank without really changing much defensively,etc. so yes i think he would be a valuable signing smile.gif
Tennie
(BRING US ZAMBROTTA!)
han2503
QUOTE (august_milan @ Dec 24 2007, 10:59 PM)

Oh Galliani will love that rolleyes.gif

That's his magic word for when buying defenders.
Rossoneri7
HE IS HERE !!! devil.gif devil.gif
vahid
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 31 2008, 08:43 PM)
HE IS HERE !!! devil.gif  devil.gif

Wow!Good signing devil.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.