Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso and Seedorf!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
redbabies
Always everybody talked about how old is our defense.... how we miss a great striker.... and so on and on.....

But, maybe the problems are somewhere else....No one ever mentioned our midfield. Is it that great? I don't think so.

Maybe most of you will disagree and get surprised, but IMO replacing Gattuso and Seedorf with new players in the summer would be a very smart move. Especially you don't agree with Gattuso, I know, but let me explain:

Gattuso has lost his motivation. He is not the one we used to see against Juve in 2003 final, or Manchester last season, the time when he never stopped running. Now, he is a totally different player, he is not fighting and he is losing a lot of balls (like tonight).
And, this is not the only match that I am disappointed with him, but I'm thinking about this for quite a while.

We need hard-fighting players, but who can also hold the ball, make good passes, so we need a player who can contribute in the flow of the match.

A perfect replacement for Gattuso might be Mascherano, and if Silvio would really want him, we would have him, coz he isn't a contracted Liverpool player still (they're trying to buy him in January).

Then there is Seedorf.... I'm running out of words now. He can be brilliant sometimes, but we need players that are always brilliant. rolleyes.gif

I can't think of any replacement for Seedorf right now, but there are a lot of them, I'm sure.

So, what do you think?
Is Gattuso or/and Seedorf the reasons why we are struggling?
What would be the best replacements for them?
And, do you think Milan will replace them in the summer?
bigmacmtl
i agree with you on seedorf, gattuso not so much but... but i find so funny how some always sse the excuse that seedorf is good in the big games well look at him last year he was good in what 2-3 of the big games?? and the rest he was a ghost and again tonight he was a ghost we dont need this burden. he would be great as a secondary player and i dont think he deserve a starting role on the team at least he hasnt prooved it on the field for a while.
redbabies
but do you agree that Gattuso is not fighting and running like he used to?
dst
QUOTE (redbabies @ Dec 2 2007, 12:46 PM)
but do you agree that Gattuso is not fighting and running like he used to?

Gattuso's having a mediocre season so far.
Zed.D
QUOTE (redbabies @ Dec 2 2007, 03:10 AM)
Gattuso has lost his motivation. He is not the one we used to see against Juve in 2003 final, or Manchester last season, the time when he never stopped running. Now, he is a totally different player, he is not fighting and he is losing a lot of balls (like tonight).
And, this is not the only match that I am disappointed with him, but I'm thinking about this for quite a while.

I completely agree with Gattuso's awful form this season. he's playing well below expectations. the reason of that is a big question mark for me...

Is Gattuso or/and Seedorf the reasons why we are struggling?

One of the reasons I say.

What would be the best replacements for them?

Gattuso -> Mascherano / Gerrard biggrin.gif
Seedorf -> Sneijder!

And, do you think Milan will replace them in the summer?

OF COURSE NOT!!! rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 2 2007, 05:50 PM)
Seedorf -> Sneijder!

van der Vaart!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 2 2007, 07:46 PM)
van der Vaart!

Isn't he a bit more of an attacker than a midfielder? [but good choice anyway. I think it's bound to be Dutch]
Tennie
Van der Vaart is an AM/trequartista and is wildly popular at Hamburg, where he currently plays. He'd be a fantastic buy.
Bluesummers
seedorf i think is nearing his last season starting. Gattuso on the other hand is a garunteed spot. Loss of motivation is one thing we could say but i dont think its him overall. I think the team has lost motivation. I mean this is where 3-5 players out and some players in. Again if galliani had some brains this would have been solved earlier but hey no worries a kid my age is gonna solve the problems tongue.gif.
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 2 2007, 05:16 PM)
van der Vaart!

Brillant player!
redbabies
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 2 2007, 05:16 PM)
van der Vaart!

Yes, Van der Vaart would be the best solution.

Sneijder is good, but not as good as VDV, and Real wouldn't sell him.
Jack Sparrow
And now that they got SNeijder, doesn't VDV's dream of playing for RM get on hold.

VDV's also got a good looking wife. So jefri91 would stll have some employment. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.