Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luka Modric
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Fillipo Simone
26/11/2007 15:24

Croatian Press: Chelsea Will Win €22m Modric Race

Reports out of Croatia indicate that Chelsea are set to win the signature of Dinamo Zagreb midfield ace Luka Modric...

According to Croatia's Nogometni Magazin Luka Modric is set for a move from Dinamo Zagreb to none other than Chelsea in the January transfer window.

With Arsenal, Juventus and AC Milan also monitoring the player, Dinamo Zagreb can essentially name their price for the 22 year old international.

And it seems that Chelsea are set not only to match that, but also Modric's financial and footballing ambitions.

The attack-minded youngster is said to be eager to join up with Avram Grant's side, the Chelsea manager having watched him in action against both England and Macedonia.

Indeed, tycoon Roman Abramovich has agreed to bankroll Chelsea's bid based on the input of the manager and the scouting staff.

Now, with the winter transfer window set to open in January, Modric may well be on the way to Stamford Bridge in just over a month - unless another bidder makes themself known.

We have Gourcuff. Still, Modric has more potential and can cover different areas. So, we should really go after him. Both Simic and Boban were ex-Dinamo players, and Dinamo is traditionally one of our gold mines.
kurtsimonw
Most importantly, he's awesome on FM!

I haven't seen much of him to be able to rate him. I suppose Fillipo knows best here!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2007, 06:25 PM)
We have Gourcuff. Still, Modric has more potential and can cover different areas. So, we should really go after him. Both Simic and Boban were ex-Dinamo players, and Dinamo is traditionally one of our gold mines.

i would love to see him play for us. from what i've seen he's gonna be something special. we should bench brocchi and release himm @ the end of the season. use ambro as gattuso sub and so theres plenty of room for gourcuff and modric wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Can Modric take penalties? Let's Sell Kaka then. tongue.gif
bigmacmtl
i dont get why everyone is getting on kakas case cuz he's missed a few. i know jack is just kidding but half our goals have come from penalties so ya ur gonna miss some every often, plus kaka will be the golden ball winner
aLbErTo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 27 2007, 06:00 AM)
Can Modric take penalties? Let's Sell Kaka then. tongue.gif

he takes them very well for dinamo wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Doesn't matter if he can take penalties, Oddo is the man. wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Nov 27 2007, 07:07 AM)
i dont get why everyone is getting on kakas case cuz he's missed a few. i know jack is just kidding but half our goals have come from penalties so ya ur gonna miss some every often, plus kaka will be the golden ball winner

Yes, plus he's married! This last thing you said seems completely irrelevant to the rest to me!! tongue.gif

Anyway... Gattuso should take the penalties... Show me a keeper who wants to save Rino's penalty and I'll show you a man who wishes to die!! biggrin.gif
aLbErTo
but still, my biggest desire was in last summer to aproch Modric, now that he is really linked to Milan, i'm amused...if only he comes...best solution for our midfield for next 10 years...remember Boban-give him good defence abilities and you'll get Modric, awesome player !!!!!!!!!!
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif Now I'm serious...sell Kaka. tongue.gif
faheem_rulz
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 27 2007, 09:48 PM)
laugh.gif Now I'm serious...sell Kaka. tongue.gif

What the f*** ru sayin. Kaka is one of our reasons to sucess we cant sell him for missing a few penalties. There is a reason y he's going to win the BAllon D Or
amancik
who is this Modric guy?
any profile on him?
aLbErTo
QUOTE (amancik @ Nov 28 2007, 09:57 AM)
who is this Modric guy?
any profile on him?

speaking of english arogance... tongue.gif

informations about modric, google it, you have his mixes on youtube...
amancik
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Nov 28 2007, 09:00 AM)
speaking of english arogance... tongue.gif

informations about modric, google it, you have his mixes on youtube...

I'm not English mate smile.gif

not all sources are reliable, this forum is a much better place to find info
Jack Sparrow
^^^

tongue.gif You really want to make m1ke feel happy don't u.
aLbErTo
apparently, Man City has steped into the chace...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779
dst
Check out this vid!! I know it's not a great team he's playing against but still... he looks very good!
bigmacmtl
ya i watched a few compilation of this guy and man oh man does he have a great shot.
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Dec 5 2007, 07:25 PM)
ya i watched a few compilation of this guy and man oh man does he have a great shot.

He does? That's great cause in the above video it seems like that's his weak spot!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 5 2007, 06:30 PM)
He does? That's great cause in the above video it seems like that's his weak spot!

Ideed. His shot is way too unprecise. Still, he is young and that can be improved. But yes, it's his only visible week spot.
aLbErTo
he has improved a lot on shooting from distance, but that is his bigest thing to do on it...
Tennie
Hrm.

Interesting snippet in the Italian media today. They say that Ajax may be interested in Modric's services and that there have already been meetings with Dinamo directors.

To be honest, playing in a place like Ajax for a year or two may be the best thing for Modric if he wants to leave Dinamo.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 5 2007, 09:47 PM)
Hrm.

Interesting snippet in the Italian media today. They say that Ajax may be interested in Modric's services and that there have already been meetings with Dinamo directors.

To be honest, playing in a place like Ajax for a year or two may be the best thing for Modric if he wants to leave Dinamo.

It seems that half of Europe is interested in his services. Some people say that he could even be Van der Vaarts (who most likely leave at the end of the season) succesor at Hamburg. That would be a much better choice for him than going to Milan now. VdV improved a lot in Hamburg too, Modric could do that as well and then join Milan.
Rossoneri7
Didn't want to open a new thread, and since were talking about young players coming to Milan ...

Milan Close To Signing 'German Cristiano Ronaldo' 

AC Milan are closing in on the signature of Borussia Mönchengladbach's Marko Marin, according to Kicker.

The 18-year-old winger is described by some as the 'German Cristiano Ronaldo' and is one of the hottest young prospects currently in circulation.

Marin, who holds a Serbian passport, has played four times for the Germany Under-21 team, scoring one goal.

The youngster has attracted the attention of a host of European clubs, with Fiorentina and Ajax said to be particularly interested.

Milan have been following the Bosnia-born star for some time now, and according to Kicker they are close to coming to an agreement with Mönchengladbach.

It is unclear whether the transfer will go through in January or at the end of the season, although the latter seems more likely.

The Rossoneri have already signed one highly-rated teenager in the form of Brazilian wonderkid Alexandre Pato, who will be available to play after the New Year.

Goal.com

@LaPalma ... Who ?! huh.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 5 2007, 10:11 PM)
Didn't want to open a new thread, and since were talking about young players coming to Milan ...
Goal.com
@LaPalma ... Who ?! huh.gif

Lol....the funny thing is that the Kicker is writing exactly nothing about it...
Well...Marin is quite okay, but nothing special IMO. His average mark in the 2nd (!) Bundesliga is 3,32...so nothing to be enthusiastic about.
There are bigger german talents....even in the 2nd Bundesliga. Though I can't tell that 100% cause I've only seen Gladbach playing twice this season.

For further information: See this
(in german)
aLbErTo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 5 2007, 10:47 PM)
Hrm.

They were today in Zagreb, but apparently they've been rejected...they can't fit Chelsea and Arsenal's offers...there are also bayern, barca, milan in the game...
Rossoneri7
Thanx king.gif ....but i dont read German sad.gif

Well, i guess it's just foolish thinking Milan will invest in more youngsters biggrin.gif wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.