Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CALL HIM DOCTOR!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Zed.D
CALL HIM DOCTOR!

11/12/2007 8:44:00 PM

Today, at Plovdiv, Carlo Ancelotti received his "honoris causa" degree in Communications and Sport. "It's one of those days I will never forget, and I thank everyone for allowing me to realise this dream."

PLOVDIV (Bulgaria) - Numerous rossoneri fans and local journalists were present this afternoon to receive Carlo Ancelotti at the airport of Plovdiv in Bulgaria.

Awaiting the arrival of the Milan coach was also Vice Minister of Sports Margheritov and his friend Dimitri Hristolov, President of local club Botev Plovdiv, who accompanied the coach to one of the five buildings of Plovdiv's "Paisii Hilendarski" University where at 17.00 (local time) he was received by Rector-Professor Ivan Kutsarov.

At 17.30 in the Main Hall of the Faculty began the official ceremony, during which the Rector assigned Carlo Ancelotti the "honoris causa" degree in Communications and Sport. Watching the event were numerous fans with rossoneri flags who celebrated the coach with the team's songs.

Here are the words with which Carlo Ancelotti was proclaimed 'Doctor':

Rector-Professor Ivan Kutsarov: "It's an honor to assign this degree because he's the best coach in Europe."

Carlo Ancelotti: "It's one of those days I will never forget, and I thank everyone for allowing me to realise this dream."

At 18.00 began the press conference during which the Milan coach talked about various current topics:

What happened yesterday in Italy?
"What happened was very sad because those who are involved in sports should have more positive attitudes to try and improve the sporting culture of the country they live in."

Was it any different from the death of Raciti?
"Yes, because it wasn't premeditated, but the tragic error of a policeman."

After what happened in Catania has Italian football improved?
"From the security point of view yes, but things still have to improve."

What makes Milan different from other clubs?
"It's been different since President Berlusconi, who tried to bring a more positive philosophy, joined the club. Milan have had the same staff for twenty years, changed five or six coaches, and have players who have been there a long time and represent the continuity of the team, such as Maldini. When he won't be there anymore, others will bring forward Milan's work in terms of application, discipline, respect for team mates and opponents. All this makes Milan different from other clubs.

"The problem with football is the violence in Italy, while in the Champions League this problem doesn't exist."

A comparison between the team you played with under Sacchi and the current team?
"The one who changed football completely was Sacchi, that team will be remembered for that more than for what it won."

How are Milan doing right now?
"We do well away from home, but have some difficulties at home and the reason for that is that at home our opponents deny us the space to play and our team does not have the characteristics to play in reduced spaces. With Pato and Ronaldo this problem can be solved."

laugh.gif Congratulations!
Jack Sparrow
I love how they call him the best coach in Europe...Il Dottore...king.gif Move over Valentino...devil.gif
Warchant
communications and sports?

over here...that'd be a degree an athlete, who has no intention of doing well in school, signs up for
Jack Sparrow
^^
tongue.gif You're just jealous he's more qualified than ur...pay him no heed Carletto u da man!!!
Rossoneri7
The best coach in Europe ?! Yes he is king.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.