Sunday, November 25, 2007

14:00 (UK); 15:00 (IT)

Milan and Cagliari legend Enrico Albertosi,.. biggrin.gif
jefri91
they have a legend? lol
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Nov 18 2007, 03:00 PM)
they have a legend? lol

Well, Cagliari is a club with reputation! Sure, it's a long time ago, but the've won the Serie A, which was not exactly easy back then in the 70ties. Their reputation is probably bigger then Parmas, but...

CC had legends, like Albertosi or Gigi Riva, and btw. Zola ended his career with Cagliari.
Zed.D
After Suazo's departure I'm no longer worried about our games with them.

Easy win for Milan.
Tennie
Cagliari is where Pasquale Foggia (who Milan finally offloaded in the deal to get Oddo) plays. Foggia has earned call ups to the NT and has been on as a sub at least once. He may prove dangerous.

Given Milan's domestic form, I'm hesitant to predict anything.
mishie
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 21 2007, 06:56 PM)
Given Milan's domestic form, I'm hesitant to predict anything.

the only thing i can say is it's away so i'm a little more hopeful of a result....so i predict a 2-1 away win! biggrin.gif
amancik
plus Ronaldo might get a chance to play devilsmiley.gif
kurtsimonw
If Ronaldo plays we'll win 3-0, if not, we'll win 2-1.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 22 2007, 01:25 AM)
If Ronaldo plays we'll win 3-0, if not, we'll win 2-1.

How come, Milan would concede a goal if R99 didn't play unsure.gif
mishie
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 21 2007, 10:52 PM)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
good question!
Tennie
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 21 2007, 06:52 PM)

It's got to have something to do with Ronie's new hair, R7. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
biggrin.gif

His fro is gonna cover Dida's goal unsure.gif

Or .. I don't know really biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw

Because I think well be that much better with him. The best form of defense is attack afterall.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 22 2007, 01:26 AM)
Because I think well be that much better with him. The best form of defense is attack afterall.

Yep. It's all about confidence. Ronaldo is going to blow some fresh air into the team!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 22 2007, 02:26 AM)

I believe so too ... I predict a win too devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
Ronaldo is going to blow some fresh air into the team!

Maybe the Swiss can find a miracle cure for flatulence as well. wink.gif
han2503

Ronnie's new hair gives him super powers. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 21 2007, 11:26 PM)

On a serious note that is true. Also I think he will enstill renewed confidence in the team. It's all about playing in a relaxed manner and not going out there worrying about where the next goal is going to come from. Hopefully if Ronnie plays we'll revert back to the 4-3-1-2, him and Gila built a good partnership with each other last season

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 21 2007, 11:31 PM)
Yep. It's all about confidence. Ronaldo is going to blow some fresh air into the team!

Let's hope his hair doesn't go with the wind also wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 22 2007, 09:12 AM)
Maybe the Swiss can find a miracle cure for flatulence as well. wink.gif

Oh no he didn't!!!!!

Ari, where are you??

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 22 2007, 10:13 PM)
Oh no he didn't!!!!!

Ari, where are you??

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

lol...

i didn't know people are looking into a cure for flatulence.. thought they might accept the fact it all goes with the nature rolleyes.gif like the talent that comes naturally with certain human beings rolleyes.gif cool.gif cool.gif king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 22 2007, 12:21 PM)
lol...
i didn't know people are looking into a cure for flatulence.. thought they might accept the fact  it all goes with the nature rolleyes.gif like the talent that comes naturally with certain human beings rolleyes.gif cool.gif  cool.gif  king.gif

That didn't take long biggrin.gif tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
This match is being broadcasted on Channel Five's Football Italiano. Kickoff starts at 14:00 GMT
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Nov 22 2007, 11:42 PM)
This match is being broadcasted on Channel Five's Football Italiano. Kickoff starts at 14:00 GMT

Everytime u say it will be broadcasted on chnnel five .. we get a negative result sad.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 22 2007, 08:58 PM)
Everytime u say it will be broadcasted on chnnel five .. we get a negative result sad.gif

Yeah, but those were all home games. My hope is that the curse will be reversed o sunday, otherwise ive gotta stop mentioning it
Tennie
*sniffle* I'm going to miss the game. Will be on holiday and football watching...isn't going to happen. I hope the team play well and get a good result.
amancik
somehow, I'm very optimistic about this game
I've got a feeling that this might be the time ....

I hope Gourcuff and Ronaldo be able to start ...
Tennie
Here's goal.com's probable lineup:

Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Kaladze
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Seedorf
Ronaldo Inzaghi

And here's Gazzetta's:
Dida
Cafu Nesta Kaladze Favalli
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Seedorf
Ronaldo Inzaghi

Now I'm really sad. The first time Milan plays a 4-3-1-2 in ages and I won't get to see the game.

Not surprising to see Kaka omitted -- he had a hella long flight from the Brazil qualifiers and there are big games coming up. I suspect Maldini is being rested for the CL game and/or the Juve game right after.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 23 2007, 06:40 PM)
And here's Gazzetta's:

Dida
Cafu Nesta Kaladze Favalli
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Seedorf
Ronaldo Inzaghi

That's what I reckon.
han2503
Ronaldo probably will only bay about 60-75 minutes. Then I expect Yoann to replace him and we play with the xmas tree, since Kaka probably won't even travel with the team
Jack Sparrow
Gourcuff replacing R99 I don't think so. If by the time Ron comes off, we're comfortably ahead, Brocchi will come on, and Ambro will play striker. wink.gif
dst
I think Gourcuff might start... or maybe it's only a hope.
arivanjj
CALLED-UP PLAYERS

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo

ATTACKERS: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Kakà, Inzaghi, Ronaldo
arivanjj
i'm thinking...

--Cafu--------Nesta------Maldini-------Sergio--

--------------------------Pirlo---------------------

--------------Gattuso------------Ambro----------

-----------------------Kaka----------------------

---------------Pippo-----------R99--------------
kurtsimonw
Looks a very strong squad!
arivanjj
btw wat's wrong with Seedorf? international duty?
Tennie
Yep, probably, Ari. He did come home early from international duty though -- didn't play the last Netherlands game.

I think Il Capitano will be rested for this one (or will only play a very few minutes). There's a CL game on Wednesday. I also think Oddo may play. He did rather well during the Italy game on Wednesday.
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page)link
Here's part of what Carletto said in today's press conference:

[Cagliari has changed coaches and we're not sure how they'll play. It'll be a complicated game but we've worked well and should get a result. Sonetti has a lot of experience and is a very determined man who will help Cagliari. Foggia? He's a player who was brought up in our youth team but found little space. Ronaldo will play from the beginning, he's well and will finally start to give his contribution. We expect from him the same as he gave last year. He more than everyone has a great will to play. Seedorf twisted his ankle in training, and Kaladze and Simic only returned yesterday and are especially tired, they're working with an eye toward Wednesday. Seedorf didn't play Wednesday with his national team and was doing well; the injury is unfortunate. Kaka will be called under extraordinary circumstances. In any case Kaka would be called up to cover for Seedorf's absence, and probably would've been on the bench tomorrow; now he'll start. (nb, I'm a little confused by this part of the passage and I think I'm accurate in translating that Kaka will start, but I could have messed it up) Inzaghi has a fever and Gilardino will start with Ronaldo. The only doubts are the outside backs. We want to do well in the league and do our best form now to Christmas. We should earn as many points as possible and it won't be easy. ]

Il Cagliari ha cambiato allenatore e noi non conosciamo bene il volto di questa squadra. Sarà certamente una sfida complicata, ma noi abbiamo lavorato bene e possiamo farcela. Sonetti ha grande esperienza, è un uomo molto determinato che darà certamente la sua impronta al Cagliari. Foggia? Lui è un giocatore che predilige le fasce, nel nostro sistema di gioco ha trovato poco spazio. Ronaldo giocherà dall'inizio, sta bene, e finalmente inizierà a dare il suo contributo. Ci aspettiamo da lui quello che ha dato l'anno scorso. Lui più di tutti ha una grande voglia di giocare. Seedorf ha preso un colpo in allenamento, gli si è girata la caviglia, mentre Kaladze e Simic sono rientrati solo ieri e sono particolarmente stanchi, lavoreranno in vista di mercoledì. Seedorf non aveva giocato mercoledì con la Nazionale e stava bene, è un peccato, Kakà sarà chiamato ad ulteriori straordinari. In ogni caso Kakà sarebbe stato convocato comunque a prescindere dall'assenza di Seedorf, probabilmente sarebbe partito dalla panchina mentre domani giocherà dall'inizio. Inzaghi ha avuto un po' di febbre questa notte e dunque con Ronaldo partirà Gilardino. Gli unici dubbi che mi rimangono per la formazione sono legati ai due terzini. In Campionato vogliamo fare bene e migliorare le nostre prestazioni da qui alla vigilia di Natale. Dobbiamo fare più punti possibile e non sarà facile.
Darunia
Hopefully Kaka can get some time off in the second half... with Gourcuff comin on. You know Ronaldo won't play the whole game so I could see Gourcuff coming on playing alongside kaka too.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 24 2007, 03:46 PM)
CALLED-UP PLAYERS

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo

ATTACKERS: Aubameyang, Gilardino, Kakà, Inzaghi, Ronaldo

hmm Seedorf took a knock and Pippo has the flu ...

------------------Dida
Oddo---Nesta--------Maldini---Favalli

Gattuso---------Pirlo--------Ambrosini

---------------Kaka'
Gilardino
--------------------Ronaldo

ahhh the 4312 king.gif Let's Gooo devil.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 24 2007, 01:22 PM)
hmm Seedorf took a knock and Pippo has the flu ...
------------------Dida
Oddo---Nesta--------Maldini---Favalli

Gattuso---------Pirlo--------Ambrosini

---------------Kaka'
Gilardino
--------------------Ronaldo

ahhh the 4312 king.gif Let's Gooo devil.gif

if you dint know it's ronaldo who plays in the supporting role and not gila
Jack Sparrow
Well I dunno. Lately Gila does drift back in deep nowadays. He's done it earlier in the away games.

In any case, Ronaldo is not really a support striker. They should probably be put alongside each other. In the traditional way.

Ronaldo---------Gila
dst
D'oh....

---Ron -Gila- aldo--- rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 24 2007, 05:39 AM)
Gourcuff replacing R99 I don't think so. If by the time Ron comes off, we're comfortably ahead, Brocchi will come on, and Ambro will play striker. wink.gif

rolleyes.gif Well of course that would happen, I have been rather surprised that they weren't listing him as a striker as well before Ronaldo came back wink.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2007, 09:36 AM)
I think Gourcuff might start... or maybe it's only a hope.

It's probably the latter

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 24 2007, 12:48 PM)
i'm thinking...

--Cafu--------Nesta------Maldini-------Sergio--

--------------------------Pirlo---------------------

--------------Gattuso------------Ambro----------

-----------------------Kaka----------------------

---------------Pippo-----------R99--------------

Almost 99.9% sure that would be the starting line up. Maybe Bonera might start in central defense since Paolo might be rested for midweek CL game

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 24 2007, 12:59 PM)
btw wat's wrong with Seedorf? international duty?

Sprained ankle I think

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 24 2007, 01:11 PM)
I also think Oddo may play. He did rather well during the Italy game on Wednesday.

Oddo was great with Italy, he started this season on great form as well but wasn't playing so well before he got that injury, maybe he only just needed a bit of rest since he was practically playing every minute of every game we were playing

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 24 2007, 08:37 PM)
Well I dunno. Lately Gila does drift back in deep nowadays. He's done it earlier in the away games.

In any case, Ronaldo is not really a support striker. They should probably be put alongside each other. In the traditional way.

Ronaldo---------Gila

Ronaldo is origanally a supporting striker and can still play in that role, but I don't think he can handle it as well as before because of his physical issues, at least not as consistantly. His effectiveness didn't get effected by this because he's just as much a great finisher as any box striker

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2007, 08:56 PM)
D'oh....

---Ron -Gila- aldo---  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 24 2007, 03:37 PM)

Ronaldo---------Gila

ya he might drop back when he plays with inzaghi or by himself but when ronaldo is on the field he'll do the dropping back if not they'll play along each like you said.
amancik
everyone wants Ronaldo to play in this match
but let's not forget the points are what matters most
personally, I don't care about the line-up, all I want is a win, but it wouldn't hurt to see Ronaldo on the scoresheet

Forza Milan devil.gif
Rossoneri7
Sonetti sets Ronaldo trap

Ronaldo makes his debut in Sardinia, so Cagliari Coach Nedo Sonetti hatches a cunning plan to tame the Milan star.

“Will we construct a tactical cage to limit him? No, we’ve got a real one we’re borrowing from the circus,” joked the boss.

“The truth is that against a world class player like this there is very little one can do. If he is in good shape, Ronaldo is one of the best on the planet.”

It will also be a debut for Sonetti, who returns to the Sardinian bench after replacing the sacked Marco Giampaolo.

“I am very excited, but also concentrated on a difficult game. In any case, we will try to stop Milan. My tactics have not changed, so a four-man defence with a midfield of three if not four players.

“It all depends on Pasquale Foggia, but there are always three attacking players to move forward. I want to see a courageous team with real character.”

Foggia is expected to start in ‘the hole’ behind Alessandro Matri and Under-21 international Robert Acquafresca.

Cagliari-Milan is the live game on Five, coverage begins at 13.30.

Football Italia

I think our defense will be on top form to stop their attempts.

Plus, I doubt Cagliari can contain Ronaldo, he is too dynaimic a player for them to handle, unless they double up on him .. Which is good, as it would open up spaces for Kaka' and gila would have more chances
Zed.D
Wish we could always play with two strikers... but when we got only 3 strikers, one of them is out with injury most of times and the other two cannot perform with each other, that's an impossible dream. of course until January, when the Duck's season is about to begin devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Nov 24 2007, 11:30 PM)
ya he might drop back when he plays with inzaghi or by himself but when ronaldo is on the field he'll do the dropping back if not they'll play along each like you said.

That's why it never works when Gila and Inzghi play together. Gila is not a supporting striker so he can't do what that role entails from him. He tried last season when he was being constantly played in that position with Pippo but it never worked
aLbErTo
i think that bonera could play this game insted of maldini...

oddo - nesta - bonera - serginho

gattuso - pirlo - ambro

kaka

ronaldo - gila
arivanjj
official line-up:

Dida;
Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Serginho;
Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini;
Kakà;
Ronaldo, Gilardino.
fresh_prince7
Thats a nice lineup.

And HE'S BACK! devil.gif

Will he score one for us in his first game ari..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.