AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 10

Milan vs. Torino

Saturday, November 3, 2007

19:30 (UK); 20:30 (IT)
Darunia
Ronaldo is not available again.. what a surprise. Now they are saying Atalanta or after the international break, 11/25 sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ Oct 31 2007, 07:18 PM)
Ronaldo is not available again.. what a surprise.  Now they are saying Atalanta or after the international break, 11/25 sleep.gif

How do u know that huh.gif
Tennie
I haven't seen any official list of call ups (it's too early for that), but given the fact that Ronaldo has yet to kick a ball in training or train with the team, I'd venture a guess that he's not going to be available. I DO watch the daily training reports on acmilan.com's italian page very carefully and Ronie is still training apart from the team.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2007, 07:54 PM)
I haven't seen any official list of call ups (it's too early for that), but given the fact that Ronaldo has yet to kick a ball in training or train with the team, I'd venture a guess that he's not going to be available. I DO watch the daily training reports on acmilan.com's italian page very carefully and Ronie is still training apart from the team.

If that is the case .. Then I would say by mid november sad.gif
Darunia
There was something about it on goal.com.. it seems Ronaldo's return keeps getting delayed so it really is no surprise
Rossoneri7
Ronaldo would be a HUGE boost to this team. But after the reconfirmation from this team against Samp and the way it tore up both Shakhtar and Lazio .. Milan should be tuned now .. I would go for a win; who knows it might just be a 1-0 win, but what is important is those 3 points !!

With the form that Fiorentina have been on along with Juventus. As I see it, those two teams will make it real tough for us later on, IF we don't start collecting these points now.
Jack Sparrow
It's at home right??

Torino will make plans for Sergio. My guess, they'll play it like those other c@nts...who does Reginaldo play for??

They'll man mark Pirlo, and hope to exploit the gap our fullbacks leave (when they move forward) to pull off a counter.

Carlo might pull a surprise and start Yoann here. In fact that seems to me the only obvious way to counter this threat. Less magic from Pirlo and more defensive duties for him this time.

Dida to be on max alert until we go a couple of goals ahead. Of course Gila won't score, so onus will on Seedorf, Kaka and Andy. I'd like to see Emerson given a start though.

--Oddo---Nesta---Kala/Bonera---Sergio
---------------Emerson------------------
----Yoann--------------------Pirlo--------
-----------------Seedorf------------------
-----------Ricky---------------------------
----------------------Gila-------------------

Is what I'd like to see. Carlo will probably start Rino and Ambro. In the stock Xmas tree.
Darunia
Yeah, it's at home.. Reginaldo plays for Parma.

That's an interesting lineup.. maybe Carlo will rest Gattuso and use Emerson, but who knows. I don't think Sergio can play every match, so he may rotate with Favalli in this one. I think Maldini will be back for this, unless Carlo is saving him.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2007, 02:53 AM)
Ronaldo would be a HUGE boost to this team.

I don't know about the team, but he has been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT for me this season. when I look back at the games we could easily grab three points from if Ronaldo was there... sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 1 2007, 04:09 AM)
It's at home right??

Torino will make plans for Sergio. My guess, they'll play it like those other c@nts...who does Reginaldo play for??

They'll man mark Pirlo, and hope to exploit the gap our fullbacks leave (when they move forward) to pull off a counter.

Carlo might pull a surprise and start Yoann here. In fact that seems to me the only obvious way to counter this threat. Less magic from Pirlo and more defensive duties for him this time.

Dida to be on max alert until we go a couple of goals ahead. Of course Gila won't score, so onus will on Seedorf, Kaka and Andy. I'd like to see Emerson given a start though.

--Oddo---Nesta---Kala/Bonera---Sergio
---------------Emerson------------------
----Yoann--------------------Pirlo--------
-----------------Seedorf------------------
-----------Ricky---------------------------
----------------------Gila-------------------

Is what I'd like to see. Carlo will probably start Rino and Ambro. In the stock Xmas tree.

Torino's biggest danger is their midfield. They have put up together a nice team of Recoba, Barone, Rosina, Grella, etc. That's why we need Sergio to start, and maybe even Gourcuff,...

But this team should not make us much problems. We should be able to break the damn home-record spell.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 1 2007, 09:31 AM)
I don't know about the team, but he has been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT for me this season. when I look back at the games we could easily grab three points from if Ronaldo was there...  sad.gif

You know, I won't depend on Ronaldo and I won't lay all my hope on him. That's the policy Inter had years ago and they failed in everything...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 1 2007, 11:31 AM)
I don't know about the team, but he has been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT for me this season. when I look back at the games we could easily grab three points from if Ronaldo was there...  sad.gif

How could he be a disappointment if he hasn't played, yet.

If ur going with that analysis, then I'm guessing Sergio is a disappointment too.

And yeah, had Ronaldo been fit from the start, we might have won almost all those games that we tied/lost.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 1 2007, 12:19 PM)
You know, I won't depend on Ronaldo and I won't lay all my hope on him. That's the policy Inter had years ago and they failed in everything...

That's what our management did this year, they laid all their hopes on Ronaldo but he screwed everything up with his injury, anyway he's not to blame.

Inter were right to do so, because at that time Ronaldo was without a doubt the best striker in the world. but now a 31yo overweight and always injured Ronaldo... that's our management's mistake.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2007, 01:08 PM)
How could he be a disappointment if he hasn't played, yet.

If ur going with that analysis, then I'm guessing Sergio is a disappointment too.

And yeah, had Ronaldo been fit from the start, we might have won almost all those games that we tied/lost.

The fact that he hasn't played at all is a huge disappointment for me. it's strange but it's true!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 31 2007, 08:09 PM)

Reginaldo plays for Parma. I didn't realize he'd been with Treviso for so many years prior.
han2503
Hopefully we'll show some consisatancy and win this game and take that for with us to the Shakhtar game, because that game will undoubtedly be the most important, if we get that one I think the CL group would be 80% sealed and we can focus more on Serie A

I would like to see us go for this formation in this one

Bonera--Nesta--Kala--Sergio
---Yoann--Pirlo--Emerson---
--------Kaka--Seedorf--------
-------------Gila---------------

Bonera on the right, he gave us a lot of stability at the back against Samp and when Sergio pushes up he usually moves as part of a central back 3. This give us more stability

I think Sergio can handle another game, and we really need him in this one, if he manages to constantly try to attack he will keep their winger busy trying to defend on his side ie no time trying to go forward much himself. I think Rosina will play on this side

Yoann on the right and Emrson on the left so we would have more stability since Sergio goes forward a lot I would prefer to have a defensive mid there rather then a player like Yoann who pushes forward a lot

And the rest as usual pisk themselves out.

Gila imo has to play, he was the key against Samp and he's in great form, no use benching him and going for Pippo when he isn't doing anything useful.

Hopefully we score a couple of early goals and rest Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo, who have been playing practically every minute of every game, especially Seedorf
Rossoneri7
I think the defense will remain the same ... With the same midfield and ... Hell, hehe the same team that played against Samp will start again in this fixture.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2007, 08:56 PM)
I think the defense will remain the same ... With the same midfield and ... Hell, hehe the same team that played against Samp will start again in this fixture.

Yep, that's what I see happening, but hopefully we'll see Yann start. He deserves to get his chance in the team that is not made up full of the reserves.

And games such as this will help him with experiance and more importantly to get his confidence back which has been stomped on on more then one occasion by Carlo always giving him a bench role, when he could clearly be much more of use on the pitch
Rossoneri7
I agree, he should start .. It is Torino we are playing .. But I trust in Carlo's choices at the same time. Hopefully, he'll let him stretch his legs and rest some players for the CL match
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2007, 09:26 PM)
I agree, he should start .. It is Torino we are playing .. But I trust in Carlo's choices at the same time. Hopefully, he'll let him stretch his legs and rest some players for the CL match

Hopefully, But I don't want him to rest a lot of players, maybe not even any of them except for Rino since we have a lot of players that could cover for him.

I would like us to go out there with the best 11 try to score a couple as early as we can and close up the match then take off the 3 players I previously mentioned.

But first we need to ensure we get those 3 points.

In any case I'm more at ease about the Shahktar match since they will most probably play like the did at the San Siro, especially since they are at home and would look to try to attack us. If they do we'll find it very easy to break them down
KillerMax
I'm pretty sure Brocchi is gonna start in Gattuso's place.

So it will look something like this:

------------------Dida--------------------
--Bonera---Nesta--Kaladze---Maldini--
------------------Pirlo---------------------
---Brocchi---------------Ambrosini------
-------------------Seedorf----------------
------------Kaka--------------------------
-----------------Gilardino-----------------

Serginho might play if he is fit. Same for Oddo. But one thing is for sure, Gourcuff won't start. Which would be a mistake. He is in a good condition he could really help us tear down Torino's defense. Kaka and Gourcuff can be deadly. Now add Seedorf to the mix too. We need to use all the weapons at our disposal. Brocchi and Ambrosini give you stability. But what good is that against teams that defend the whole 90 minutes?
dst
We know what the formation is going to be like but I'd like to see this:
----------Dida----------
Bonera--Nesta-Maldini--Kaladze
---Pirlo---
Brocchi-------Serginho
--Kaka--
------Seedorf
Gila
Bluesummers
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 1 2007, 03:50 PM)
I'm pretty sure Brocchi is gonna start in Gattuso's place.

So it will look something like this:

------------------Dida--------------------
--Bonera---Nesta--Kaladze---Maldini--
------------------Pirlo---------------------
---Brocchi---------------Ambrosini------
-------------------Seedorf----------------
------------Kaka--------------------------
-----------------Gilardino-----------------

Serginho might play if he is fit. Same for Oddo. But one thing is for sure, Gourcuff won't start. Which would be a mistake. He is in a good condition he could really help us tear down Torino's defense. Kaka and Gourcuff can be deadly. Now add Seedorf to the mix too. We need to use all the weapons at our disposal. Brocchi and Ambrosini give you stability. But what good is that against teams that defend the whole 90 minutes?

i agree with the formation entirely. But im thinking maldini will play in cl and sergio on the weekend.
MizNelson
I doubt Maldini will play in this match, because he played on Wednesday. We'll likely save him for the CL.
KillerMax
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Nov 1 2007, 09:16 PM)
I doubt Maldini will play in this match, because he played on Wednesday. We'll likely save him for the CL.

He didn't play on Wednesday...
Tennie
Here's what Carletto said on the lineup for the Torino game (press conference on acmilan.com's italian page link):

Dopo l'allenamento di oggi stabiliremo chi potrà giocare domani....Oddo non sarà disponibile, rientra Ambrosini e questo ci permetterà di fare riposare qualcuno.

[After today's training, we'll decide who can play tomorrow. Oddo won't be available, Ambrosini will return and this will allow us to rest someone.]
Jack Sparrow
I'm taking bets, he'll be resting Gourcuff...laugh.gif
Tennie
Here are the callups from acmilan.com:

MILANELLO - Questi i 19 giocatori convocati da Ancelotti in vista della gara di domani contro il Torino:
PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac;
DIFENSORI: Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Serginho, Simic;
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf;
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Kakà.
Jack Sparrow
Oh they rested Ba...thank goodness, with the amount of football he's been playing, he could have hurt himself. Same for Willy too.
Tennie
(I'd like to see Darmian play!)

Odd that Bonera was not called up for this one. He did rather well against Samp. I suspect that Il Capitano will only play part of the game if he plays at all. Midweek is the away Shakhtar fixture.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 2 2007, 04:53 PM)

Odd that Bonera was not called up for this one. He did rather well against Samp. I suspect that Il Capitano will only play part of the game if he plays at all. Midweek is the away Shakhtar fixture.

It's like our defenders are all being shot doew one by one.

At this rate we'll barely have enough to complete the back 4 rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
What surprises me is how often Favalli keeps getting called. It's like he's got qualities we don't know of...

I mean he's a decent bloke, doesn't complain. But we've not got much out of him. Of course at one stage last season, he was Favalinho and looked like scoring more than Gila and Inzaghi, but still, he hasn't even made an anti-merda remark, for us to look at him in a different way.
dst
Favalli is a very good defender and stood up whenever he was called to.
Jack Sparrow
But him over Bonera? Don't get me wrong...for a free transfer...Favalli has done extremely well. Trust the merda to give us someone good and reliable!

laugh.gif They would never give us Adriano. They'd be too **** scared!!
Darunia
My probable lineup:

Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Kaladze-Serginho
Brocchi-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka-Seedorf
Gilardino
KillerMax
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 2 2007, 10:53 AM)

But he is not called up...

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Bonera was not fit to be called up.

I'm expecting our usual line up minus Oddo-Janku.
Rossoneri7
Carletto: Let’s end Meazza jinx

Carlo Ancelotti has called upon his Milan side to end their San Siro hoodoo when they entertain Torino tomorrow night.

Strangely, the Rossoneri’s three wins in this campaign have all been achieved on away soil.

The European champions have drawn three and lost two at home, but after hammering Sampdoria 5-0 in midweek will be confident of changing that record.

“I think it’s time to lift the San Siro curse,” Ancelotti told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It’s our home and it’s time we did something good there, even if it won’t be an easy game.

“This is an important time for us and we will need the support of our fans. We haven’t been getting the results we deserve, but there has been no lack of preparation.”

While the Press have readily declared that the Diavolo are a side in crisis, Ancelotti believes that is a simplification.

“A struggling team doesn’t alternate between negative performances like Empoli and positive ones such as Roma and Genoa,” he claimed.

“The problem has been finding a breakthrough and we haven’t been good enough from set-pieces.”

Despite finding themselves stuck in mid-table, the season’s objectives haven’t changed.

“We want fourth place and the Club World Championship.

"If we add those to the European Super Cup it will have been a successful season,” Ancelotti concluded.

It now appears unlikely that Ronaldo will feature in tomorrow’s encounter, but he is heading towards recovery from a long-term thigh problem.

At han, it wasn't me tongue.gif

I was just being realistic as to where the club's priorities stand. I believe the club should target 1st place in the league. As I believe the club should win a back to back CL title. But what good is it gonna do if I look negatively on this and start reacting negatively to every and anything the club come out with that is against what I want rolleyes.gif

Maybe after we reach 4th place and the management assesses the situation in how far we are from that 1st place, we might just go for it. Or in Europe, if the management see Europe and assess that there is a chance they might go all for that target (maybe simultaneously..) who knows, as we said tongue.gif It's still early.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ Nov 2 2007, 09:35 PM)
My probable lineup:

Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Kaladze-Serginho
Brocchi-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka-Seedorf
Gilardino

Maybe Seedorf would rest this one ... But overall I think it would be the lineup for the match smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 2 2007, 09:28 PM)
At han, it wasn't me  tongue.gif

I was just being realistic as to where the club's priorities stand. I believe the club should target 1st place in the league. As I believe the club should win a back to back CL title. But what good is it gonna do if I look negatively on this and start reacting negatively to every and anything the club come out with that is against what I want rolleyes.gif

Maybe after we reach 4th place and the management assesses the situation in how far we are from that 1st place, we might just go for it. Or in Europe, if the management see Europe and assess that there is a chance they might go all for that target (maybe simultaneously..) who knows, as we said tongue.gif It's still early.

Yes he said it but I still find it strange that you would accept a comment like that from Carlo with a smile on your face.

Saying that 4th place a the CWC have always been our target is just an insult. We should be fighting for 1st place and he shouldn't be saying something like that when there is still a chances this season to win the league if we put purselves completely in it. We're only 11 points away from Inter and it's still early. The top teams will drop points. Therefore we still have a chance.

Making a comment like that as if we have already thrown in the towel is an insult and even making it worse by saying that 4th spot was always our goal. We're Milan not Fiorentina!!!

I'm sorry if I don't see it the way you do but Milan's goals should be higher then that.
han2503
^^^^^

And anyway let's not get back into this discussion because it is a never ending one and stay on topic.
MizNelson
I wonder if we're going to rest a couple key guys tomorrow, considering we have to fly to Ukraine for the CL match in the next few days.
Jack Sparrow
The Ukraine....The Ukaraine BMW...or dst will sulk. tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2007, 01:24 AM)
^^^^^

And anyway let's not get back into this discussion because it is a never ending one and stay on topic.

No, I believe that we both agree on what Milan's target(s) should be .. The only difference is, how you accept it. For me, I would be disappointed if the team doesn't make it to the targets that 'I' would expect from the Champions of Europe .. But then again, what difference does it make if I start ranting on about the quality of the team's subs and yadda yadda yadda rolleyes.gif None at all, except looking like an @ss when Milan turn this into one hell of a season wink.gif

So to answer you, no I don't take it with a smile, I just support the Rossoneri, even the less important Rossonero that we have on the roster .. Plus, I would take all the efforts of my team into consideration.

I did it for two seasons straight (sulking and moaning) !! From 96 to 98 ... And a learned a lot since then, that it doesn't make a difference how bad I take it, the team will always find it's feet again cool.gif

EDIT:

P.s. I do admit that I do it from time to time, when the performance of the team is not up to standards ... But thankfully, Milan usually exceed all standards wink.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 2 2007, 04:01 PM)
The Ukraine....The Ukaraine BMW...or dst will sulk. tongue.gif

My apologies.

The Ukraine.

I hope that will placate him. If it doesn't, I'll whack him with Tennie's fish woobie. smile.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Nov 3 2007, 06:36 PM)
My apologies.

The Ukraine.

I hope that will placate him. If it doesn't, I'll whack him with Tennie's fish woobie. smile.gif

ohmy.gif she won't wanna read that!
Jack Sparrow
Match preview hands the win to Milan. This is usually bad news for us sad.gif

I think Carlo will field the same formation that played Samp, and we'll probably get a draw. More booing and all that *sigh*.

Arsenal, Man U and Spurs in action tonight. Will be an interesting match day.
arivanjj
Gazzetta's probable line-up:

----------------Dida

Bonera--Nesta--Kaladze--Serginho

----Gattuso--Pirlo--Ambrosini

--------Kakà--Seedorf

--------------Gilardino
dst
^^Bonera hasn't been called up!

QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Nov 3 2007, 09:36 AM)

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 3 2007, 12:19 PM)
^^Bonera hasn't been called up!

You know, that's how my cat looks,...oh, she's a bit more cute, but,.. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.