Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WE RESTART FROM SAMPDORIA
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Zed.D
WE RESTART FROM SAMPDORIA

10/28/2007 7:12:00 PM

"We didn't play badly: we were a little unprecise and we were unable to score first." - THE WORDS OF GALLIANI AND ANCELOTTI -

(ON THE PICTURE: ALESSANDRO NESTA IN ACTION DURING MILAN-ROMA 0-1)

MILAN - These are the words of Adriano Galliani and Carlo Ancelotti after Milan-Roma 0-1:

Adriano Galliani:

"It's hard to find an explanation for the results we've been having lately. We always do every test which always give positive results. They tell us we are old, but personally I don't think that's it as the first choice eleven has an average age of less than thirty.
Unfortunately since August we've had two black months, with a few good matches in between and some good performances. A situation like this has rarely occurred in these 21 years we've been at the head of this club. We have to await the two strikers who are unavailable at the moment: Pato who will play from January onwards and Ronaldo who is injured.
But the league is 38 matches long and we will draw up the balance at the end. We are still first in our Champions League group. I hope that, as was the case last season, we improve quickly. As far as the transfer market goes, I would not change our midfield with Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pirlo, and Kaká with any other team's (where is Seedorf?! rolleyes.gif). The problem, which we discussed with Carlo Ancelotti, is that we have to do well with our eleven first choice players. If we had to go on the market for someone new I would not know who I'd have to sacrifice from our team. (Favalli, Ba, Bonera, Brocchi, Simic, Digao - and why did you buy Emerson when we have "the best midfield in the world" huh.gif) The club, all together, made the decision to invest on a young player like Pato, as we already had Gilardino, Inzaghi and Ronaldo."

Carlo Ancelotti:

"Unfortunately it's a bad moment but we have to find a solution as soon as possible. The result is negative, the league position isn't the best, but we have to consider that today's performance wasn't bad at all (ohmy.gif). Now we have to start from scratch again, already from Wednesday in Genoa against Sampdoria. We must not lose our enthusiasm, our calmness, we have to play like we know, that's the best way to get out of this moment. Certainly there is a little disappointment in the environment. It's hard to find the real problem (poor transfer plans is certainly one of them), perhaps it's the combination of a lot of small things which have to be resolved one by one. We are certainly lacking consistency.
Today we did not play that badly, we were a bit imprecise, and couldn't find a way to unblock the result ourselves, so Roma did.
We need to find new solutions and not look for alibis, this team is strong and has shown that before.
On Roma's goal, they did very well and Vucinic scored a good goal. Roma took advantage because there were certain moments during the match where their moves intimidated us."
dst
A restart won't do, we need a disk format!
Locke Lamora
"Invest in A young player like Pato."
ONE young player.
What the hell are you going to do when the current generation retires???
bigmacmtl
this truly is ridiculous, these guys really dont know what to do?? ambro hasnt been part of the first team in YEARS!! now suddenly he's world class?? ambro is nto world class, he isnt the type of guy that should get 30-35 games per year. you dont magically end up near relegation 2 years in a row with pretty much the same team. this philosophy that we need all these experienced players is FALSE to have success, you do need experienced players but you need youth too, which we barely have... 3 young players in our whole squad!! and 6-7 that are on the brink of retirement... thats not balanced @ all... look at the teams that are doing well, real, arsenal, barca, man u have all invested in youth.
kurtsimonw
I swear I saw Ancelotti and Galliani at todays game. I must be mistaken, they most have been look-alikes, there's no way they could have watched the game and say "We didn't play badly at all." WHAT!? huh.gif
Zed.D
I don't know what's the point in hiding something so obvious? how can they say we didn't play badly?... we were miserable. Roma really humiliated us in front of our crowd, they made us look like a bunch of bums! we were given five minutes (!) of injury time and we couldn't even take the ball out of their hands in these five minutes, let alone creating any chances.
Zed.D
This is our worst start to a Serie A season in the past 24 years according to goal.com.

We are just "2" points above the relegation zone [that's what I call disaster] and we haven't played with Inter and Juve yet.
arivanjj
Milan nightmare
This is Milan’s worst start to a Serie A season since their last promotion in 1983 with just 10 points from their opening nine games. It is also their second consecutive 1-0 home defeat, so at San Siro this term they have picked up just three points from five matches.
Rossoneri7
Exactly how do you expect Carlo and Galliani to react ?

The team played poorly and Roma deserved the win!

But how do you expect the officials to react ? Saying the team is sh1t ?? Then what ? The teams starts feeling helpless and outcast ? I mean they already get the point from the fans that ATTEND the games .. The are booed off the pitch and are being criticized from every corner of the media. What more do you want ?

This just comes to show how addicted you are to tabloids and what not .. I am sure Carlo has stressed to the team how critical the situation is and that they need to step a level higher than usual to get back to contention. But he ain't exactly Mourinho to come out and say such this wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 29 2007, 10:29 PM)
But how do you expect the officials to react ? Saying the team is sh1t ??

You keep asking this question every single time one opposes to Ancelotti's or Galliani's comments about Milan playing good but being unlucky and stuff...

DID YOU READ THE ANSWER ONCE??

No, we don't want them to say the team is sh!t but they can say we played bad!! Even the players admit it, it's not like they think they excelled...
weeeow
'Don't worry - be happy.' - Bob Marley biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2007, 10:33 PM)
You keep asking this question every single time one opposes to Ancelotti's or Galliani's comments about Milan playing good but being unlucky and stuff...

DID YOU READ THE ANSWER ONCE??

No, we don't want them to say the team is sh!t but they can say we played bad!! Even the players admit it, it's not like they think they excelled...

hmm no i don't read them tongue.gif

i just like to invoke their tense little souls biggrin.gif

On a serious note though ... They did say we played bad !!! By saying that we are not getting the results and that the team didn't do well ... I mean if Silvio Berlusconi says Roma deserved the win rolleyes.gif

Nope they don't think they excelled. But what I was trying to get across is, Milan isn't the type of club that would send a negative vibe to their players through the media. They never have and never will.

QUOTE (weeeow @ Oct 29 2007, 10:42 PM)
'Don't worry - be happy.'  - Bob Marley  biggrin.gif

Exactly biggrin.gif tongue.gif
nuh
i thought after we had a very gd seanson last year after we got ronaldo i thought we would be way better and ronaldo and gila would be the best combo !!! but now i see every thing turned out the oposit !!
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif

Chill man...the Ronaldo and Gila combo is yet to play for us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.