Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Must Remain Calm, Says Maldini
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Fillipo Simone
22/10/2007 09:28

We Must Remain Calm, Says Maldini

The Milan captain does not believe that the Rossoneri are going through a crisis despite the defeat against Empoli on Sunday at San Siro.

Paolo Maldini's return did not help Milan as the Rossoneri suffered yet another setback in Serie A on Sunday when Empoli defeated the European Champions 1-0 at San Siro.

"The fact we're behind the others annoys us," admitted the Milan captain. "Not only on Inter, but also on all of the other teams in the top positions.

"However, we're not in a crisis," pointed out quickly Maldini. "We must only remain calm. When we went back in the dressing room there was an unreal silence and Galliani's words comforted us."

For Maldini, having so many players missing upfront is a big reason for what is happening right now.

"Let's remember that we were missing three attackers and this has conditioned more than we expected. We had few solutions in attack."

Following this defeat, Milan are now in 11th place, with 10 points from 8 matches played, 10 points behind league leaders Inter.

From goal.com
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif I can already hear dst saying goosefeathers...I mean gousfraba.

But how were we missing 3 attackers? Kaka, Ronaldo and??
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 22 2007, 05:12 PM)

No questions !!!

When he speaks all shall listen. If he says 3 strikers then 3 strikers it is, he says half a dozen then so be it biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 22 2007, 03:12 PM)

...Serginho? tongue.gif No idea (maybe he counts Pato), but,...

22/10/2007 13:19

‘Secret Admirer’ Secret No More

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti has expressed his admiration for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba as rumour mills continue to suggest of a possible January exit from Stamford Bridge.

The Ivory Coast skipper admitted to French media his desire to follow the footsteps of his former manager Jose Mourinho out of Chelsea.

Drogba went on to say that there was something broken at the club following Jose’s departure and believes that the club officials betrayed the outspoken Portuguese manager. The talismanic striker was one of the few Blue players who cried when Jose bid adieu.

Subsequently, the tall forward apologized for his comments and made amends by scoring an early goal against Bolton on Saturday.

That hasn't stopped the rumour mills from spinning, and this won't help either. Milan manager Ancelotti has declared himself as a Drogba fan.

“Drogba is one of the best attackers in the world," he declared. "Who wouldn't want him."

So would Milan look to England's top scorer to end the woes up front?

“We must evaluate the season at the end of the campaign. We shall see what will be necessary," said the longest tenured manager in Serie A.

So this is Carlo saying...please, bring me Drogba,..!!! cool.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 22 2007, 03:37 PM)
No questions !!!

When he speaks all shall listen. If he says 3 strikers then 3 strikers it is, he says half a dozen then so be it  biggrin.gif

Not because of who he is but I'd agree with him. Ronie is 1, I'd count Pato as 2 because we signed him in the summer & Sergio as 3.

By the way, I've always wondered why Pato can't play for us. Other players have played for foreign teams before they were 18, which he has been since September. I heard something about it being his contract with Internacional but surely this would've been rescinded when he left them for us? unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Oct 23 2007, 02:47 AM)
Not because of who he is but I'd agree with him. Ronie is 1, I'd count Pato as 2 because we signed him in the summer & Sergio as 3.

By the way, I've always wondered why Pato can't play for us. Other players have played for foreign teams before they were 18, which he has been since September. I heard something about it being his contract with Internacional but surely this would've been rescinded when he left them for us?  unsure.gif

It was an exaggerated statement for Jacko .. But, personally, what Maldini says should be the final word IMO. He is the Godfather of this team. He is the one that gave his whole life for this team.

I have no idea of the laws that prevented him from playing from the start.
Tennie
It's the EU laws for non-EU players that prevents Pato for playing til January (because his birthday is after Sept 1).
Panama Devil
I really think we are in deep trouble.

Napoli and Juve both came from Serie B. Juventus lost most of the world class players they had. AND BOTH ARE ABOVE US!

We have the same team of last year and we had no points taken away like last year. AND BOTH ARE ABOVE US!

Are we all hoping Ronaldo comes back and knocks in all the goals the entire team fails to deliver?

WHAT IF HE DOESN'T COME BACK??

WHAT IF HE COMES BACK AND GETS INJURED AGAIN?

WHO'S TO BLAME??? PATO???

We are in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep crap!!! And everyone is giving excuses ... what is going wrong with our team ... it makes no sense .... everybody is giving excuses.

I like Ancelotti but I'm really beginning to think it is his fault and no one else's.

Gilardino and Pippo are playing what they know how to play they are box strikers ... that's it!!!! They are not Sheva, Ronaldo (healthy), Ibra, etc.

Box strikers need crosses and filtrated passes. They can't do more!!!!!

We need another signing ....... we need Drogba!!!!!
milanista1899
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 23 2007, 12:55 AM)
It was an exaggerated statement for Jacko .. But, personally, what Maldini says should be the final word IMO. He is the Godfather of this team. He is the one that gave his whole life for this team. 

I don't think I've ever disagreed with Maldini but for me that's just a coincedence, after all he is human & I think he could hypothetically make a mistake (even if I really can't remember him making one cool.gif king.gif ) I get that for some (you & dst) he is God & I respect that. I see Berlusconi as the Godfather of the team (hence "DON Silvio") whereas I see Maldini as the Prince/King, like Totti is for Roma.

Ok, I didn't mean to ask just you wink.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 23 2007, 12:57 AM)
It's the EU laws for non-EU players that prevents Pato for playing til January (because his birthday is after Sept 1).

Thanks, so was it also the fact he wasn't 18 at the time too or just his birth date (like at School, if you're born after that date you get put in the year below?) I thought another Brazilian (Anderson is it?) was 17 when he went to Man Utd and he's allowed to actually play. unsure.gif huh.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (Panama Devil @ Oct 23 2007, 01:09 AM)
Are we all hoping Ronaldo comes back and knocks in all the goals the entire team fails to deliver?

We are in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep crap!!! And everyone is giving excuses ... what is going wrong with our team ... it makes no sense .... everybody is giving excuses.

I like Ancelotti but I'm really beginning to think it is his fault and no one else's.

Gilardino and Pippo are playing what they know how to play they are box strikers ... that's it!!!! They are not Sheva, Ronaldo (healthy), Ibra, etc.

Box strikers need crosses and filtrated passes.  They can't do more!!!!!

Yea, we're hoping that Ronie comes back to 100% fitness, and to the player he once was which would also mean goals. If it doesn't happen by January, I'd be surprised if we didn't go for Drogba or someone as good or even better. Yea, we should've in the summer but we didn't - that's something we have to accept.

Who's to blame? Not just 1 person that's for sure. I don't think it's healthy to blame anyone in particular. There are a lot of people & reasons to blame if you look for them, but it's better not to. If you don't it's easier to "remain calm" like Paolo says.

They seem like excuses but some are reasons & some are just to try & keep everyone calm, stress doesn't do anyone any good.

You're right, Gila & Pippo are doing all they can & we'd benefit heavily from someone like Sheva (that's why we've found it so hard since he left) Ibra (who should have been ours) or Ronie (who we hope will be even better than the end of last season where I think he did amazingly well in such a short time).

You've hit the nail on the head mentioning crosses! Since we don't play with wingers (IMO we should!) it's not easy to get them with just central midfielders (impossible in fact) & wing-backs (very hard when they have to defend too & run the length of the pitch constantly, which results in us geting caught on the counter-attack!) If we could get more crosses (even with just Pippo & Gila - box strikers) we'd get more goals against teams who close all the spaces (which is easier to do in the centre than on the wings.)
Rossoneri7
I never said he was God .. I wouldn't dare.
Fillipo Simone
Panama...

Napoli and Juve both came from Serie B.  Juventus lost most of the world class players they had.  AND BOTH ARE ABOVE US!

Napoli? IMO they've lost their last world class player in 1993. As for Juve,..Buffon, Trez,...still there are some.

Nope, Pato not for sure. Our board is taking a step-by-step policy and does only short term thinking. I do not agree 100% with it but the 20 years of our past experiences give me plenty reasons to remain calm and have faith.

Why?

Box strikers need crosses and filtrated passes.  They can't do more!!!!!

Oh please,...Pippo is rusty, bu he is a devil and will score eventually. And Gila,...well, he underperforms at the moment. But you can't just say, they are box strikers, they can't do anything else but wait for crosses. That's pure 60ties striker mentality. Nowdays everybody can do everything. We have defenders shifthing to attackers,..bla bla bla,...that's why the number of strikers Milan has at the moment never will be clear,..3? 4, 5, 6?? Hmh,...
IMO it's not up tp their ability it's up to their form. Gila in Parma form could do anything,.. rolleyes.gif

Yes we do,..
Nova
If Maldini says we must stay calm , we must stay calm . king.gif

1. kaka
2. ronaldo
3. pato
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 22 2007, 06:55 PM)

why would you have an opinion when you can just regurgitate Galliani propaganda?
Jack Sparrow
why would you have an opinion when you can just regurgitate Galliani propaganda?

Get off it...let's not start an argument here as well. It's not even a match thread.

So you think Maldini is also just regurgitating Galliani propoganda right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.