Full Version: 28/10/07 - Serie A - AC Milan vs AS Roma
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 9

Milan vs. Roma

Sunday, October 28th, 2007

14:00 (UK); 15:00 (IT)

Let's hope our Lazio face will return. Ronaldo+Roma's style should ensure us at least a different game then te Empoli one. It's redemption time,.. cool.gif
jefri91
0-5 to Roma... FORZA ROMA !! haha
whoarethepatriots
My expectations are rock bottom

and because of that i think we will win, as the last time my expectations were this low Lazio were thrashed 5-1

EDIT: match is being shown live on Channel 5, not a good omen tbh
bigmacmtl
i really hope we get thrashed, they say with a drug addict you need to hit rock bottom before you can really do something about it. i want to see us miss out on CL so we can put things in perspective, give us a season to start rebuilding and truly focus on the scudetto.
Darunia
We are sucking at home.. I expect 2-1 to Roma
arivanjj
very hard to win.. i'm going for a draw
Jack Sparrow
... they say with a drug addict you need to hit rock bottom before you can really do something about it

I'm not in the same pissed off mindset as you are, but yeah I mostly agree with you on the above statement. I said it before Lazio too. It was the same way the last season. And it will be the same way again.
Rossoneri7
Roma fans banned from San Siro

Roma supporters have been banned from travelling to San Siro for the Milan game, while Cagliari’s curva nord will be locked down against Sampdoria.

The police authorities have marked the October 28 Serie A clash as very high risk, Level 4, for crowd trouble and taken steps to help prevent problems.

Tickets can only be sold in Lombardy, given out in small numbers and sale will stop at 19.00 the day before the game.

The Disciplinary Commission has also taken action against Cagliari after player Antonino D’Agostino was struck by a homemade bomb or firework thrown from the stands following the 1-1 draw with Catania.

The curva nord – the section where the home fans sit – will be closed for the November 4 meeting with Sampdoria at the Stadio Sant’Elia. Cagliari have also been fined £10,000.

This is the second time this season that the new system has been used to close down only an area of the stadium.

The first was when Inter’s curva was shut to punish the ultras who held up insulting banners aimed at Napoli fans on October 7.

The Nerazzurri supporters won’t be allowed into the curva for the October 31 game with Genoa.

Football Italia
Jack Sparrow
I'm glad that the Shakthar match is a home-game, otherwise we'd have not a prayer in hell of even drawing it.

Is it confirmed R99 will be back? Probably as a sub huh?
Rossoneri7
^^

He should be back ..
Tennie
The latest press in Italy has R99 back for the Sampdoria game (Oct 31), not the Roma game. Ronie is still training separately.

Maldini is being rested today(Wednesday) and so he should play.

On the Roma side of things, they've got a bunch of injuries, including a doubt as to whether Totti will be fit for the game.
Jack Sparrow
I wish we'd win, it would do so great for our confidence. But if wishes were horses, I'd own a garage full of Ferraris.
kurtsimonw
Just because we won 4-1 today, I'm not going to get carried away. I say we'll lose 3-2.

We beat the hell out of Lazio, but what happened after that? rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
If Roma close up their defense and play on the counter, they might draw or if they're lucky win it. But if the play football wink.gif then it will be a balanced game and the victor will be the one who plays better (i.e. controls the game and obviously scores).

I don't want to jinx this match .. But I have a feeling Milan will win it, considering the Empoli game and the critics that have surrounded the team.
jefri91
1-2 for us
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 24 2007, 07:40 PM)
If Roma close up their defense and play on the counter, they might draw or if they're lucky win it. But if the play football wink.gif then it will be a balanced game and the victor will be the one who plays better (i.e. controls the game and obviously scores).

I don't want to jinx this match .. But I have a feeling Milan will win it, considering the Empoli game and the critics that have surrounded the team.

or maybe they'll completly outplay us like they did last year wink.gif
misha
It's about time to get our first home victory in Serie A (sounds like a line a fan of a 'small' team would say mad.gif ).
Darunia
Ugh Ronnie's return keeps getting delayed.. he was supposed to be back for Empoli sleep.gif
amancik
I'm going for 2 - 1 to Milan

Gilardino
Vucinic
Kaka'

Forza Milan

and after this game, our confidence will be sky high ........ or not
Ry4n
i go for 3 - 1

Kaka'
Gilardino
Ambrosini
Mancini
Zed.D
I'm going for a draw, 1-1 or 2-2.

Totti, as usual, will sore against us.
And our sorer(s) will be Ambrosini and/or Kaka (penalty kick!)
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 26 2007, 05:02 PM)
And our sorer(s) will be Ambrosini and/or Kaka (penalty kick!)

Totti won't play... and tongue.gif
Ry4n
Mancini is there danger man and Guily
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 26 2007, 05:34 PM)
Totti won't play...

Why!?
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 26 2007, 05:19 PM)
Why!?

He was injured in Roma's CL game and he's not ready yet!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 26 2007, 05:57 PM)
He was injured in Roma's CL game and he's not ready yet!

That's great news. I'm gonna be a little more optimistic about the result now. smile.gif
whoarethepatriots
2-1 i think, Gila Kaka and Perotta
aLbErTo
gila will score a double wink.gif biggrin.gif !!!!!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Oct 26 2007, 05:17 PM)
gila will score a double wink.gif biggrin.gif !!!!!!!

Two times in a row? Hmh, that would be,.. devil.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (zdrossoneri)

That sounds gross... biggrin.gif
han2503
Anybody know anthing on Ronaldo?
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2007, 12:47 PM)

The biggest disappointment of the season so far. sleep.gif
han2503
^^^^

If things keep going the way they are he's going to miss over half of the season.

He was supposed to be back for Empoli and now we don't even know when he'll be back.
kaka_sheva
I was looking forward to seeing him play again. sad.gif It's not really his fault he's injured.
Jack Sparrow
^^^^

Nope...let's all send hatemail to McDonalds. tongue.gif

Ari??
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2007, 02:34 PM)
^^^^

If things keep going the way they are he's going to miss over half of the season.

He was supposed to be back for Empoli and now we don't even know when he'll be back.

I'm curious to know what is going on, too. he's missed two months of action so far, we are 10 points behind league leaders, and we all know this was not his last injury.

Carlo said he may join the squad this week. but wait a minute... when was the last time Carlo said something and it didn't turn out to be crap?! rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
When he said last season after the draw at the Siro with Bayern, that Milan were gonna play positive and go all the way.

And I'm hoping against hope, that his defending Gilardino as a slow starter is also gonna come true. Maybe ..if we're lucky.

But the psychic lives in Athens, we'll have to ask him.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 27 2007, 08:37 PM)
When he said last season after the draw at the Siro with Bayern, that Milan were gonna play positive and go all the way.

That's a long time ago. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Not as long ago as 1899....tongue.gif wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2007, 12:17 PM)

He was expected back on the 21st ... TBH, i would guess by the end of this month. I am not sure about how he is training, maybe Tennie has something on that (i.e. training with the team or not..)

p.s. he'll be ready for the CWC
arivanjj
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 28 2007, 02:54 AM)
^^^^

Nope...let's all send hatemail to McDonalds. tongue.gif

Ari??

you just lost my vote for funniest poster of the year.
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 27 2007, 05:03 PM)
Carlo said he may join the squad this week. but wait a minute... when was the last time Carlo said something and it didn't turn out to be crap?!  rolleyes.gif

Yeah well, that connot be blamed on Carlo since he reports what the medical staff tells him.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 27 2007, 08:13 PM)
He was expected back on the 21st ... TBH, i would guess by the end of this month. I am not sure about how he is training, maybe Tennie has something on that (i.e. training with the team or not..)

p.s. he'll be ready for the CWC

Let's hope so

What really irritates me about this whole Ronaldo situation is the fact the we haven't gotten any concreete news from the club. It would make me feel much better to know anything other then the typical line that he is on his way to full fitness or the other vague cr@p we've been given lately.
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 27 2007, 09:15 PM)
you just lost my vote for funniest poster of the year.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ouch that's a low blow man tongue.gif
Rossoneri7

Serie A Preview: Milan – Roma

The match of week nine in Serie A will be impulsive viewing as Milan host Roma at San Siro. 

Milan’s Poor Domestic Form 

The Rossoneri go into the game off the back of a magnificent 4-1 thrashing of Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League on Wednesday night. 

The European Champions produced a mesmerising display of attacking football to demonstrate to the rest of Europe that it will take an almighty effort to wrestle their sacred crown off of them. 

However things are not so rosy at home for Milan and they have had what President Silvio Berlusconi has described as their worst start to a league season since he took over the club more than 20 years ago. 

Having won just two of their first eight Serie A games they currently find themselves in a lowly 11th position in the table. Sitting 10 points behind league-leaders and local-rivals Inter, Milan’s chances of winning the Scudetto already look over, even at this very early stage of the campaign. 

What is for certain is that the Diavoli cannot afford to drop more points against Roma on Sunday, so you can bet your bottom dollar that they will come out and go for the win at all costs. 

Milan have struggled this season against teams who have sat back and defended with a deep defensive line. This will not be the case against an adventurous Roma team, so the space will certainly be there for the likes of Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo to work their magic. 

Roma Struggling 

Roma are really starting to struggle in recent weeks after a blistering start to the season. 

The Giallorossi won their first five games of the campaign without even conceding a goal, and were winning the plaudits of the whole of Europe for their beautiful pass and move one-touch football. 

However, after the 2-0 win over Dynamo Kiev on September 19, Luciano Spalletti’s men only won one of their next six games. This included a humiliating 4-1 thrashing at home by Inter, as the Romans fell five points behind their title-rivals at the top. 

On Tuesday night Roma secured a much-needed boost of confidence with a 2-1 Champions League victory over Sporting Lisbon at the Stadio Olimpico, but in truth the home side looked a shadow of the team that had delighted neutrals at the start of the campaign. 

A major problem has certainly been in defence. The Giallorossi have conceded a whopping 12 goals in their last five Serie A games and for the first time they appear to be really missing the calming influence of Romanian stopper Christian Chivu who left for Inter in the summer. 

Injuries have also hurt Roma’s cause recently and the victory over Sporting in midweek came at a massive cost, with the news that talismanic captain Francesco Totti will miss the game with Milan due to an ankle problem. 

The game at San Siro on Sunday is a crucial clash for Spalletti’s men as a defeat could see them drop eight points behind Inter. Such a margin, even at this early stage of the campaign, would be very difficult to recover given the impressive early season form of the Nerazzurri. 

RECENT FORM GUIDE 

Milan

9/30    Milan 1-1 Catania        Serie A

10/03  Celtic 2-1 Milan            Champions League

10/07  Lazio 1-5 Milan            Serie A

10/21  Milan 0-1 Empoli          Serie A

10/24  Milan 4-1 Shakhtar      Champions League 

Roma

9/29    Roma 1-4 Inter            Serie A

10/02  Man Utd 1-0 Roma      Champions League

10/07  Parma 0-3 Roma          Serie A

10/20  Roma 4-4 Napoli          Serie A

10/23  Roma 2-1 Sporting      Champions League 

TEAM NEWS 

Milan

Coach Carlo Ancelotti is unlikely to make many changes from the team who thrashed Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League on Wednesday night. 

The only possible switch could occur in defence with Kakhaber Kaladze taking Giuseppe Favalli’s place at left back, and captain Paolo Maldini returning in the centre to partner Alessandro Nesta. Marek Jankulovski is out after picking up an injury against Empoli. 

Alberto Gilardino is likely to be preferred to Filippo Inzaghi in the lone striker role following his two-goal salvo in midweek. 

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf, Kaka; Gilardino 

Roma 

The Giallorossi were dealt a massive blow by the news that inspirational leader Francesco Totti will not recover in time for the San Siro showdown. 

His place up-front will go to Mirko Vucinic, who scored and impressed after coming on as a substitute against Sporting in midweek. 

In midfield Alberto Aquilani, Rodrigo Taddei and Mauro Esposito are all out through injury but Simone Perrotta is expected to recover in time. 

Roma (probable): Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro; Perrotta, Giuly, Mancini; Vucinic

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Milan – Kaka 

The Brazilian superstar is undoubtedly the best player in the world at the moment. All this talk about Messi and Ronaldo – forget about it. On Wednesday night Kaka ran Shakhtar Donetsk rugged and he should have grabbed a hat-trick. 

When he is given space, the 25-year-old is unplayable, and as it is not in Roma’s style to sit back and defend deep, it could be a tough afternoon in store for the Giallorossi on Sunday. 

Roma – Daniele De Rossi 

With their talisman and inspiration, Francesco Totti, unavailable, the Giallorossi will require another Roman born-and-bred to come to the fore. 

De Rossi has shown all the leadership qualities of a future Roma captain and he will need to galvanise the troops around him if his team are to come away with anything from Milan. He will also be given the daunting role of keeping Kaka quiet. 

PREDICTION

Milan thrive against opposition who come out and play them at their own attacking game. Roma are renowned for their adventurous style and I believe this will play right into the Rossoneri’s hands. The loss of Francesco Totti will also be too big a blow for the away side and I foresee a comprehensive victory for the European Champions. 

Milan 3-1 Roma   

Carlo Garganese 

Goal.com
misha
I think that for the fisrt time ever C4 gonna guess the line up right.
Darunia
no they won't... Oddo is out
arivanjj
Cafu vs ROMA devilsmiley.gif
dst
I'd like to see Simic-Nesta-God-Kaladze for the defense!
KillerMax
Bonera is better as a RB than Simic.
arivanjj
has Simic played at all this season? i have a feeling he'll leave in January!

oh this is bit of topic, but where exactly does Ibrahim Ba fit into this club?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.