Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan after Di Natale
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Fillipo Simone
Udinese Double Di Natale Asking Price

Udinese have attempted to scare off AC Milan by essentially doubling the asking price for their star striker Antonio Di Natale.

Milan have reportedly earmarked the Azzurri striker as a key addition to their misfiring strike force. However, there are now serious doubts about whether they can land their man as after a summer of discontent Udiense and Di Natale seem to have put their troubles firmly behind them.

"We have an excellent relationship with the player,” said Udinese sports director Pietro Leonardi recently, and the club followed up the statement by increasing their valuation of the player from 12 million to 23 million euro.

Cause for the dramatic increase is the barn-storming form of the 29-year-old, who after scoring twice for the Azzurri in the Ukraine last Wednesday, followed that up with the winner for Udinese against Juventus and both goals during the 2-0 win against Reggina on the weekend.

Greed and insanity,...all I have to say. Let him rot, like Mourinho would say,..

Btw. I was impressed by Gyan's performance for Ghana on the WC. Maybe we could re-orient our strategy?
dst
Of course they're doubling the price... I'd give 17m for him! It may seem a lot of money to some but in today's football world, you can't get a player who's fairly experienced and constantly good for less than that!
Rossoneri7
Now that he has made the Azzurri, it is only natural that his price goes up ... Has nothing to do with greed Filipo
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 01:22 PM)
Now that he has made the Azzurri, it is only natural that his price goes up ... Has nothing to do with greed Filipo

I understand that he made it to the Azzuri first eleven and is in real good form. But honestly, can a prize just jump to approx. 20 mil. after a few matches?

Anyway, it has to do with greed, everything in football transfers for the last decade has to do with greed. There are just some exemptions, a few decent transfers, that's all. Di Natale is good, but that prize is very high. Todays reality sadly says us it is normal, and sadly it is true,...

Well, at least I'm with our management/Galliani sure that we wont loose our head and start doing these mega-transfers with hyped teenage talents. In a few years, a 12-y-old will be worth 20 millions if some teams go along with their transfer policy wacko.gif . At least Di Natale isn't one of those teenagers,.. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
No u didn't understand what I meant. I meant, that it isn't greed that increased Udinese asking price for him. It is his first team football with the Azzurri that raised the price. (although players prices do tend to reach mind boggling prices .. )

IMO 20M is too much, but I am not worried, cuz we have experts in negotiations in Braida and Galliani. That is their field cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 03:45 PM)
In a few years, a 12-y-old will be worth 20 millions if some teams go along with their transfer policy wacko.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

... unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 01:58 PM)
No u didn't understand what I meant. I meant, that it isn't greed that increased Udinese asking price for him. It is his first team football with the Azzurri that raised the price. (although players prices do tend to reach mind boggling prices .. )
IMO 20M is too much, but I am not worried, cuz we have experts in negotiations in Braida and Galliani. That is their field cool.gif

So you mean after one match in which he scored goals against Ukraine his prize has to jump for about 50%? Well, that's absurd,..

But it's true. I do understand what you mean, that's our reality,..
misha
In a few years, a 12-y-old will be worth 20 millions if some teams go along with their transfer policy

United signed some 9 or 11 y.o kid after seeing him on youtube so everything is possible rolleyes.gif

He's not woth that much.
maldini03
I woul love Di Natale doing the best job at forward in Serie A and the best Italian forward around.
king.gif
Zed.D
That amount of money is way too much for a 30yo. is he a proven striker?! NO. has he ever played in the CL?! NO. he doesn't even have a decent goal scoring record for Christ's sake... better go for Drogba.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 2 2007, 02:48 PM)
That amount of money is way too much for a 30yo. is he a proven striker?! NO. has he ever played in the CL?! NO. he doesn't even have a decent goal scoring record for Christ's sake... better go for Drogba.

Exactly. But - we need a Serie A striker, not really a "CL" striker,..
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 2 2007, 06:44 PM)
Exactly. But - we need a Serie A striker, not really a "CL" striker,..

I agree it is a Serie A striker that we need, not a CL. BUT, Di Natale did score 3 goals in the 05/06 group stage, so he has actually got a good goals:games ratio in the CL.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 7 2007, 05:40 PM)
I agree it is a Serie A striker that we need, not a CL. BUT, Di Natale did score 3 goals in the 05/06 group stage, so he has actually got a good goals:games ratio in the CL.

That's one more reason why we should go for him, if he is avaible at a reasonable price,.. cool.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 2 2007, 08:48 AM)

he has played in CL tho, udi were in CL a couple of years back. remember iaquinta had a trick in his first game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.