Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trio in battle for Banega
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Rossoneri7
Italy’s giants are set to fight it out for Argentine midfield prodigy Ever Banega, according to sources in South America.

The 19-year-old is in his first season as a regular starter in the Primera Division, but is already being touted as a huge talent for the future.

Indeed, Boca President Mauricio Macri has claimed that he rebuffed a big-money offer from Milan before they swooped for Brazilian talent Alexandre Pato.

“There are lots of young stars in my squad that could be hunted,” he insisted.

“The most obvious one in Banega. He is like Gennaro Gattuso, but more technical. Milan offered £7m for him, but I didn’t accept.” cool.gif

It has been suggested that Inter and Juventus are also keeping a close eye on the Boquita’s ace and may be ready to enter a bidding war when the January transfer window opens.

Football Italia

I knew Milan wasn't asleep during the transfer window. Milan Almost always works in the dark during negotiations. And are never the type of club that makes public it's secrets, as the merda or Real do cool.gif
kurtsimonw
If we can get a Rino type player for the future, that would be fantastic. He is a huge part of our team, but he isn't going to last forever. I've not even heard of the kid to be honest, but Rino + techincal ability - He can't be bad!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2007, 08:19 PM)
If we can get a Rino type player for the future, that would be fantastic. He is a huge part of our team, but he  isn't going to last forever. I've not even heard of the kid to be honest, but Rino + techincal ability - He can't be bad!

actually i watched him today and i've seen him in person at the U20 WC and he was great, although Argentina squad in general was a pleasure to watch.

would be a great investment.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 25 2007, 02:59 AM)
I knew Milan wasn't asleep during the transfer window...

Of course Milan wasn't asleep... that's the saddest part! I'm sure we had some targets again this season I just down believe we made any realistic offers for them...

About this guy... never even heard of him and I don't believe in what the Boca president says... after all, this guy wants to sell the kid and at a high price! He's doing what he's supposed to do...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 25 2007, 12:29 PM)
Of course Milan wasn't asleep... that's the saddest part! I'm sure we had some targets again this season I just down believe we made any realistic offers for them...

About this guy... never even heard of him and I don't believe in what the Boca president says... after all, this guy wants to sell the kid and at a high price! He's doing what he's supposed to do...

Ofcourse he is gonna say that ... But I doubt he was lying about Milan making an offer. a 7M bid from Milan for a unproven 19 yr old isn't a good enough offer ?! I don't know what is then.
redbabies
I think the main reason for not buying this player is Pato.

Pato was the first choice.... and we couldn't buy both of them coz of non-EU rule!
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 25 2007, 02:51 PM)
Ofcourse he is gonna say that ... But I doubt he was lying about Milan making an offer. a 7M bid from Milan for a unproven 19 yr old isn't a good enough offer ?! I don't know what is then.

Of course it is a good offer. But now he's managed to attract much bigger attention and if all goes well his player's price tag will sky-rocket in a year or two!
Fillipo Simone
Milan traditionally pass Argentinians to Inter,.. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Not the good ones....
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 25 2007, 06:58 PM)
Not the good ones....

cough Crespo cough
Rossoneri7
@misha ... With Crespo, it was just typical of Milan. They don't negotiate when someone is bending their arm, it's as simple as that.

Cuz Crespo really wanted to stay ..
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 25 2007, 11:46 PM)
@misha ... With Crespo, it was just typical of Milan. They don't negotiate when someone is bending their arm, it's as simple as that.

Cuz Crespo really wanted to stay ..

They gave up on signing him because Milan prefered to quickly sign Vieri instead of wait and bargain with Chelsea. It was just easier. After we signed the flop, we didn't have a place for Crespo anymore cuz we already had Sheva and Pippo + we were in the middle of negotiations for Gila (who was a big promise back then), so we already had 4 striketrs.

Inter got him almost for nothig. With a little will and patience we could have got the same deal merda agrreed to.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 26 2007, 01:28 AM)
They gave up on signing him because Milan prefered to quickly sign Vieri instead of wait and bargain with Chelsea. It was just easier. After we signed the flop, we didn't have a place for Crespo anymore cuz we already had Sheva and Pippo + we were in the middle of negotiations for Gila (who was a big promise back then), so we already had 4 striketrs.

Inter got him almost for nothig. With a little will and patience we could have got the same deal merda agrreed to.

You should not refer to Vieri as a flop. After what he said to the reporters when they informed him of the Inter fans' disappointment over the move I have the utmost respect for him: "Well, now at Milan, I might even win something"!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Priceless... another great moment in Inter's history... biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 26 2007, 12:37 AM)
You should not refer to Vieri as a flop. After what he said to the reporters when they informed him of the Inter fans' disappointment over the move I have the utmost respect for him: "Well, now at Milan, I might even win something"!! laugh.gif  laugh.gif Priceless... another great moment in Inter's history...  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

You are right. I forgot about this. Classic biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 26 2007, 01:28 AM)

Although Veiri was bad business compared to how well Crespo integrated into the team, Milan didn't need to find an easier alternative.

Inter only got Crespo when Milan sold Shevchenko, that was the only way that Crespo got a chance to move elsewhere.

Crespo is a favorite of mine .. I even had a Chelsea shirt with Crespo on the back (when he first moved..) ... He is one of those strikers that work wonders for a team up front, clinical.

With that said, I wanted Milan to sign him probably more than having Gila here (erm, experience biggrin.gif ) ... But Chelsea wanted Shevchenko more than anything else !! And that lead for the negotiations to hault. I remember Crespo was constantly talking to the press and putting Chelsea on in a f2ck up position. Still, Galliani and Braida are no pushovers and Berlusconi would have never approved at the time, thus Vieri signed for us (@dst exactly biggrin.gif ).

p.s. It honestly hurts that Crespo plays for la merda .. But I think Pippo has settled any type of duel between these two great strikers .. And so I wish Crespo to finish every season on wards trophy-less cool.gif
kurtsimonw
A result from today for those interested..

River 2-0 Boca biggrin.gif
Falcao & Ortega

Banega was sent off for Boca. rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
08/12/2007 14:08

Milan Close In On Banega Deal

Reports in Italy suggest that AC Milan are very close to completing the signing of Boca Juniors starlet Ever Banega.

The 19-year-old is rated as one of Argentina’s most promising young midfielders and he was a star at his country’s successful FIFA Under-20 World Cup campaign in Canada during the summer. 

Banega only made his professional debut for Boca in February of this year, but such was his impact that he was given a standing ovation by La Bombonera crowd in one of his first games for the club. 

Last month Milan had a €10m offer for Banega turned down by Boca chairman Mauricio Macri, however the Rossoneri have now returned with an improved offer of €16m.

Banega and Boca Juniors should come face to face with Milan in the final of the FIFA Club World Cup next Sunday.

Negotiations will be carried out in Japan over the coming week, and it is expected that both sides will agree to a deal for Banega to join Milan either in January or in the summer.

The Rossoneri have been linked with a number of youngsters recently, and are also said to be close to signing Borussia Monchengladbach winger Marko Marin, referred to by some as the ‘German Cristiano Ronaldo’.
misha
Anybody saw him in action?
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 8 2007, 03:52 PM)

I haven't but now I'm eager to watch him play against us in the CWC. I hope he's good and I hope it's true that we've signed him. But Max, I think this would be the beginning of the end for Yoann's Milan adventure I'm afraid...
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 04:03 PM)
I haven't but now I'm eager to watch him play against us in the CWC. I hope he's good and I hope it's true that we've signed him. But Max, I think this would be the beginning of the end for Yoann's Milan adventure I'm afraid...

If he wants to be really noticed, a great game agains us is a perfect stage. Last year Pato played great against Barca, and every major club was linked to him after that.

Plus, if we gonna sign him in January, he would be eligible to play in the CL.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 8 2007, 04:15 PM)
Plus, if we gonna sign him in January, he would be eligible to play in the CL.

Now that I think of it again, he can't play with us if we sign him since Pato will take the non-EU spot in January... unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 8 2007, 01:52 PM)

I saw him a few months back in the derby game in which River won 2-0, he was very poor and got sent off. Hopefully it was a one-off if we're going to get him. tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 8 2007, 03:15 PM)
I saw him a few months back in the derby game in which River won 2-0, he was very poor and got sent off. Hopefully it was a one-off if we're going to get him.  tongue.gif

Anyone is better than Emo at the moment. I want him anyway. Plus he is good on FM2008 tongue.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2007, 02:03 PM)

Gourcuff, is more of an AM who can kinda play out wide. Banega sits deeper and distributes the play supposedly, so i think they can both play in the same team
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 8 2007, 08:52 AM)

i saw him in person, he controlled the game well although argentina had a super team and when everyone wants the ball it's hard to distinguish yourself when it's like that, especially when you play in a more withdrawn position.
Zed.D
I don't believe nothing about Milan buying someone until I see that certain player standing alongside Galliani, holding a red&black shirt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.