Full Version: 22/09/07 - Serie A - AC Milan vs Parma FC
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 4

Milan vs. Parma

Saturday, September 22, 2007

19:30 (UK); 20:30 (IT)

After loosing points at Siena, this one should be approached with more care.

Let's hope Gila finds his old Parma form in this one ( rolleyes.gif )..

KillerMax
It really feels like that is a picture of someone else. Not this guy that's playing for us.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 17 2007, 07:06 PM)
It really feels like that is a picture of someone else. Not this guy that's playing for us.

Yeah .. The guy who is playing for us is going bald rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
That's the Gilardino playing with us,...

dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 17 2007, 07:06 PM)

Indeed! He looks like 'he's got it'!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 17 2007, 09:57 PM)
That's the Gilardino playing with us,...

laugh.gif laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 17 2007, 09:34 PM)
Indeed! He looks like 'he's got it'!

biggrin.gif looks can be deceptive.

This game is a must win, of course
arivanjj
Roni playing goodheart.gif ?
Diavolo
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Sep 19 2007, 01:07 AM)
Roni playing goodheart.gif ?

No, wait until October to see Roni playing.
Bluesummers
2-1 simple. Hope gila can score, that will make his confidence go up more.
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif

Like last year...Gila's season wll begin only with X Mas I guess.
arivanjj
Milan-Parma -- Channel4 preview

After a couple of disappointing results Milan will be hoping to return to winning ways when Parma visit the San Siro. Meanwhile, the travelling side will be looking to cause an upset against the Champions League holders to secure their first win of the 2007-08 season.

An impressive 3-0 victory at Genoa on the opening day suggested that the Rossoneri would be a force to be reckoned with in the opening stages, but since then they have failed to pick up a win after 1-1 draws against Fiorentina and Siena. Having fallen four points behind leaders Roma, Milan will be eager to overcome the Crociati and keep up the early pressure at the top. The Diavoli’s striking options have once again come under scrutiny though, as they are yet to score a League goal via one of their forwards.

That problem has in part been caused by the mysterious injury that means Ronaldo will once again be unavailable for Carlo Ancelotti’s squad. The Brazilian has been at the centre of controversy as the Selecao doctors accused Milan’s medical staff of misdiagnosing his injury, only for questions to be raised over the legality of the treatment he was receiving in Rio de Janeiro. Also still in the Milanello treatment room are veterans Paolo Maldini and Serginho, but otherwise the Diavoli should be back at full strength after resting the likes of Kaka and Andrea Pirlo against Siena.

Ducali boss Domenico Di Carlo will be slightly more concerned with the fitness of his squad though, as he will be without some key players for this difficult trip to the San Siro. Giuseppe Cardone, Andrea Gasbarroni and Igor Budan are all out with injuries and the likes of Marco Rossi, Daniele Dessena and Reginaldo will need to show that they can fill in successfully. Meanwhile, Domenico Morfeo is exiled to the bench once again following his pre-season bust up with Di Carlo.

Without a win to their name, Parma will be desperate to pick up some points in Milan. It won’t be an easy task, but the Rossoneri’s shaky start to the season will have given the Crociati confidence to push forward and put pressure on their opponents. However, the poor performance in the 2-0 defeat at Atalanta suggests that Di Carlo is yet to fix the dire away form that has nearly cost the Ducali their Serie A status on a number of occasions in recent years.

Keep an eye on: Bernardo Corradi (Parma)
– The ex-Lazio striker has flown back to Serie A again, but this time he seems to have found his old form waiting for him in the arrivals lounge. He celebrated with a stunning volleyed goal against Cagliari last week, but will face a tougher task against the Milan defence.

Last season: Milan 1-0 Parma

Form guide: Milan (- - W D D) Parma (- - D L D)

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf; Gilardino

Parma (probable): Bucci; Coly, Falcone, Rossi, Castellini; Zenoni, Cigarini, Morrone, Dessena; Corradi, Reginaldo
arivanjj
really this game should be a comfortable win! nothing less mad.gif
Ry4n
3 - 0 hopefully Gila on the score sheet
misha
We have to win so Gila shouldn't start.
Tennie
Fox Soccer Channel will be broacasting this one live, for those who get it (not sure about Fox Canada).
Darunia
I'm going to try to order FSC today haha biggrin.gif ... lot of good games this weekend, Milan playing of course, Man U - Chelsea and Roma - Juve
arivanjj
Gazzetta Probable Line-up

Darunia
I hope Bonera gets the start, especially against his old team, plus I think Bonera is better against the smaller Serie A clubs than Kaladze.
jefri91
If Gourcuff doesn't play i'm going to kill ASSelotti
dst
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Sep 21 2007, 12:50 PM)
If Gourcuff doesn't play i'm going to kill ASSelotti

Gourcuff MUST play but next to the likes of Kaka and Pirlo not Emerson and Brocchi...

Anyone knows the reason why he was excluded from the Benfica game squad? I guess Carlo expected that he'd win Siena on his own? rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 21 2007, 06:23 AM)
Gourcuff MUST play but next to the likes of Kaka and Pirlo not Emerson and Brocchi...

Anyone knows the reason why he was excluded from the Benfica game squad? I guess Carlo expected that he'd win Siena on his own?  rolleyes.gif

Haha. Exactly what I was thinking. Did you read what he said before that game. He was talking like that game was going to be his only and only chance to show Ancelotti ALL of his qualities. A youngster just shouldn't walk on the pitch with that kind of pressure on him. And even with all the shortcomings, he was the liveliest player on the pitch against Siena. He was making runs, he was dispersing the ball all over the place. I don't want him to play in the big games yet, but Carletto can definitely rely on him in the league games and give Seedorf some rest, who is by the way starting to get old. Gourcuff and Kaka have always played very nicely together. It's also a good thing because sometimes the opposing players confuse them:

Gerrard: Hey Masche, mark Kaka!!!
Masche: Right on it!
Gerrard: That's not Kaka you jackass!!!

tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 21 2007, 01:42 PM)
Gerrard: Hey Masche, mark Kaka, like
Masche: Que Pasa?
Gerrard: Erm, That's not Kaka like

Fixed, with proper scouser talk
Tennie
Call-ups (from the club website):

MILAN-PARMA: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
21/09/2007
MILANELLO - Sono 18 i convocati rossoneri per domani:
PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac;
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo;
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Inzaghi.
bigmacmtl
hey porty it's ur favorite portuguese player, fernando couto wink.gif
dst
Yoann... I do hope!! smile.gif
han2503
the team I would like to see for tomorrow's game

Janku--Bonera--Nesta--Oddo
-----Rino---Pirlo---Yoann-----
---------Kaka--Seedorf-------
-------------Gila----------------

If we can't play with 2 strikers right now in Serie A we should not play with 2 defensive mids especially against small teams who defend deep. So we should inject more creativity in the midfield to compensate for that.

We don't need the 2 defensive mids for games such as this.

But I'm fully expecting Carlo to bench Yoann again and play with his usual system
Tennie
How about Ambro/Emerson-Pirlo-Yoann?

Rino is getting the day off (he wasn't called up).
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 21 2007, 10:51 PM)
the team I would like to see for tomorrow's game

-----Rino---Pirlo---Yoann-----
---------Kaka--Seedorf-------

I'd go with
-----Ambro---Pirlo---Emerson-----
---------Kaka--Yoann-------

Seedorf should just not be used in this kind of games and the dmf's are what sets Pirlo free... I love watching Andrea play freely! cool.gif

Favalli and Simic on in Janku's and Oddo's place respectively at half time if we have a comfortable lead (please let's do that for a change!). The latter two are our most used players along with Kaka (since last season) and we're going to use them as much in this one...
mishie
2-0 gila and kaka
Darunia
Simic isn't called up either, but Cafu can spell Oddo
misha
I agree with dst's choice, except the striker part. But I'm sure Carlo will play with Emerson instead of Rino and with Seedorf.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 21 2007, 03:26 PM)
2-0 gila and kaka

ya i think gila is gonna bribe his ex buddies to let him score wink.gif he'll ask them to place the ball on the goal line and let him kick it in so he can't miss biggrin.gif

same here i know he's gonna score i just know it!!! wacko.gif blink.gif
misha
Serie A Preview: Milan - Parma

What: Italian Serie A
Who: AC Milan (5 pts., 5th) vs. FC Parma (2 pts., 14th)
When: Saturday September 22, 20:30 (CET)
Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza ‘San Siro’, Milan

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Three Faces of Eve and Sybil

The above title refers to three famous examples of Multiple Personality Disorder (more commonly known as having a “split personality”), each a literary work which was later turned into a motion picture, and the latter two having basis in real life events.

If it is possible for a football club to have a split personality, then Milan can certainly be included in the above grouping.  The Rossoneri have struggled to produce goal-scoring opportunities in their domestic battles, but look incredibly adept when it comes to the Champions League. 

This mentality was blatantly obvious in Milan’s last two matches—the away draw against Siena last weekend and the home encounter versus Benfica on Tuesday.  In the match with Siena, though several players were rested (namely Kakà), Milan were a shadow of the side which began the season with a convincing 3-0 away victory against Genoa.

They lacked movement in the attacking third, and Alberto Gilardino, the lone stiker, received no service from his midfield.  Gilardino’s best chances to score came in the first few moments, when he twice created something for himself and came close to scoring.   

Milan eventually got their act together, but that was only in order to level the match after Siena had taken the lead.  This poor display relegated them to a second league draw in as many matches. 

This past Tuesday, Milan were on fire, and deservedly defeated Benfica in the Champions League, 2-1.  The first goal came from a beautiful Andrea Pirlo free-kick.  The second was a full volley by Filippo Inzaghi inside the box, which was assisted by Pirlo. 

Milan sparkled in this match, and showed what they are capable of, but it begs the question of why they can’t perform this way in the Serie A, as they clearly are a better side when playing on the European stage. 

Parma, however, don’t have such a duplicitous mentality.  They have struggled across the board this term, similar to last season.  With only three goals scored and five allowed, they are treading dangerous waters at such an early stage of the season, with yet another relegation battle seemingly in their near future.   

The off-season was not fruitful for Parma, as the necessary reinforcements in attack did not arrive.  Bernardo Corradi returned to the peninsula from his ill-advised venture in England, but is not the player he once was.  The loss of Giuseppe Rossi, whom arrived on-loan last season to help rescue the side from relegation, was also a major hit, as he oftentimes was the only player upfront to be consistent at all.   

Parma will need Corradi and attack partner Reginaldo to gel quickly, so as to stave off the calls from the supporters for a change.     

FORM GUIDE

Milan

8/26    Genoa 0-3 Milan          Serie A

8/31    Milan 3-1 Sevilla          UEFA Super Cup

9/3      Milan 1-1 Fiorentina    Serie A

9/15    Siena 1-1 Milan            Serie A

9/18    Milan 2-1 Benfica        UEFA Champions League

Parma

8/26    Parma 2-2 Catania      Serie A

8/29    Parma 1-3 Juventus      Coppa Italia

9/2      Atalanta 2-0 Parma      Serie A

9/16    Parma 1-1 Cagliari      Serie A

TEAM NEWS

Milan again have to do without captain Paolo Maldini and Ronaldo, both of whom are not yet fit.  Serginho is still some distance from achieving full fitness, and Filippo Inzaghi will most likely be rested, with former Parma player Gilardino taking his spot. 

Parma also have an injured-trio, those being Andrea Gasbarroni, Giuseppe Cardone and Igor Budan.  The talented but temperamental player, Domenico Morfeo, will not feature in this match following his arguments with the manager prior to the start of the season. 

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Kakà (Milan) – Some might believe that Alberto Gilardino, given his former years with Parma, would be the key figure here, but Kakà is always the centerpiece of Milan’s attack, and nearly everything positive for the side goes through him.

Bernardo Corradi (Parma) – This will come as news to absolutely no one, but Milan struggle at defending set-pieces and aerial balls.  Corradi can still be a viable option in the air, and could give Milan trouble when the occasion arises. 

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Gilardino

Parma (4-4-2): Bucci; Coly, Falcone, Rossi, Castellini; Dessena, Cigarini, Morrone, Pisanu; Corradi, Reginaldo 

PREDICTION

Milan will be looking to pick up right where they left off on Tuesday, and to take the initiative to be a positive, attack-minded side.  Parma will need to be on their toes in this encounter, but Milan should finally get their collective act together and play better domestically. 

Milan 2-0 Parma 

Joel Whitehead     
jefri91
wtf why is Kaka called up, isnt he injured?
dst
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Sep 22 2007, 01:48 AM)
wtf why is Kaka called up, isnt he injured?

Where did hear that from? I mean, was he injured at the Benfica game cause MilanChannel reported that he's NOW fine and he was called up also... unsure.gif
Tennie
His left knee has been a little swollen. He's had doctors looking at it as a precaution but there's no 'official' injury.
Fillipo Simone
If Kaka is injuried he should rest. Otherwise, we need him. I think Gilardino will start up this match. It's his chance against his old club. If I'm correct he did allways good against Parma.
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 22 2007, 02:02 AM)
His left knee has been a little swollen. He's had doctors looking at it as a precaution but there's no 'official' injury.

If so, it'd be better not to endanger him with a possible injury. We can beat Parma without him.
Darunia
Yeah, let Gourcuff and Seedorf start if there is any risk at all for Kaka.
jefri91
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 22 2007, 12:02 AM)

maybe they should let gourcuff play in his place? if were not winning then let kaka in the second or something like that
Rossoneri7
We'll get the 3 points today .. Not a problem devil.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 22 2007, 02:32 PM)
We'll get the 3 points today .. Not a problem devil.gif

Yeah... just like we did vs. Siena. rolleyes.gif

Playing with Emerson-Gattuso-Brocchi vs. an almost 2nd division team in Italy. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

F*cking c*nts. They better get the 3 points or Silvio will start thinking on getting a new manager and players.
Tennie
Carletto is going to be presented with his 'Coach of the Year' award before today's game.

(Let's hope he doesn't field 3 DMs this game, pleasepleaseplease).
KillerMax
It's always awesome to watch Milan play, but for me, the real excitement begins after January, when Pato and Ronaldo can finally play together. I just can't friggin' wait. They might just be the answer to our Serie A problem, since we play with only Inzaghi in CL.
elcordobez
neone know of a site where i can watch this game online?
Tennie
MILAN-PARMA: LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
22/09/2007
MILAN: Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Bonera, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzagni.
PARMA: Pavarini; Zenoni, Falcone, Couto, Castellini; Dessena, Parravicini, Morrone; Reginaldo, Corradi, Pisanu.

(elcordobez, there's seriatv.com, but you need to pay a fee for that. I'm not sure about streams).
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 22 2007, 06:50 PM)
MILAN-PARMA: LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
22/09/2007
MILAN: Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Bonera, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzagni.
PARMA: Pavarini; Zenoni, Falcone, Couto, Castellini; Dessena, Parravicini, Morrone; Reginaldo, Corradi, Pisanu. 

(elcordobez, there's seriatv.com, but you need to pay a fee for that. I'm not sure about streams).

------------Dida-------------
Oddo-Nesta-Bonera-Jank.
---Brocchi-Pirlo-Ambro.---
-------Kaka'---Seedorf----
-----------Inzaghi----------

Let's hope Brocchi, Bonera and Ambro perform well. The others usually do.
Tennie
I think Ambro has done remarkably well since he returned from his injury last year. He's the extra bit of glue that makes our midfield flow.

My concern is really over Brocchi's performance, but that's a minor concern -- Emerson is, after all, on the bench. I think Bonera will do well today; he's another ex-Parma player.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 22 2007, 06:54 PM)
------------Dida-------------
Oddo-Nesta-Bonera-Jank.
---Brocchi-Pirlo-Ambro.---
-------Kaka'---Seedorf----
-----------Inzaghi----------

Let's hope Brocchi, Bonera and Ambro perform well. The others usually do.

Let's hope Dida is back,..the old Dida
Portman
12min. Let's go ragazzi!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.