Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: January 08 Transfer window
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Bluesummers
I know this is very early but our problems cannot get much more clearer. We definatly need to add some depth to our squad.

Who do you think we should sign and state why we should sign him. Also if possible try and assume the financial cost(s) of the player(s).

I say we should sign adriano in january along with a RB under 23.

Reason: We definately need more forewards as Ronaldo's case is very serious and inzaghi is not someone who we can depend on all season. Pato is gonna be 18 (much to young).

Cost: Adriano (15 million euro)
RB (5 million)

Total: 20 million euro

Analysis: 20 million is a fine transfer and would add some depth to our squad.
misha
It is early. It will depend on our situation in the Serie A around the Christmas and how many injuries we'd have.

If we stay close until then and without sirious injuries to a key players then I'm pretty sure our management won't do a thing.

I'd love to see a new keeper in January in order to give him some time, untill the start of the next season, to settle in. Akinfeev is my choice. He's young but already a key player for Cska and Russia. He showed a great talent, consistency and has good europe expirience for his age. It's only matter of time until some big club signs him and we should be that club. Cska probably will be eliminated from CL in that time and Russian league will be on big winter break, so with some will power from Milan a deal can be arranged. He will cost around 15-20 mil euro.

It's obvious that we ganna make a few big transfers in the summer. Paolo sad.gif ,Cafu, Serginho and hopefully Gila will leave. I'd love to see Zambrotta, Huntelaar and Alex instead. And Maybe another quality and creative midfielder to rotate with Seedorf.
Fillipo Simone
As I said, in all we need a RB/LB but that's for the summer, another midfielder and CB (also for summer) and a keeper. Eventually also a striker, which depends on Ronaldo. When can we expect him to be back unsure.gif ?

So the RB/LB, the mid-position and the GK position will most probably be solved in summer after our vets retire.

It depends also mostly on:
1) How some players will continue to preform - Gilardino, Dida and Kaladze particulary in mind.

2) If something unexpected happens, like Mourinho drops out Sheva, or something like that, which would force us to act instantly.

My post-X-mas wish list:

Keepers: Adler (Bayer L.), Neuer (Schalke 04), Akinfeev (CSKA), Enke (Hannover), Curci (Roma), Frey (Fiorentina)

Defenders: Pasqual (Fiorentina), Heitenga (Ajax)

Midfielders: van der Vaart (HSV), Montolivo (Fiorentina), De Rossi (Roma), Gobbi (Fiorentina), Srna (Shakhtar), Nasri (Marseille)

Attackers: Adriano (Inter), Sheva (Chelsea), Huntelaar (Ajax)

But that's pure fantasy. The only eventual transfers are Adriano and Sheva I suppose,..
fahad
i think nasri moved to madrid like he agreed for them
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (fahad @ Sep 17 2007, 07:21 PM)
i think nasri moved to madrid like he agreed for them

He has been connected to them, but he's still at OM
Zed.D
For those who dream about a new goalkeeper: it simply won't come true. they have just renewed with Dida, that means he will be our #1 for at least two more season, no matter how many mistakes he makes and damages he does to our team.

I think we might move for a striker in January. but I have no idea whether it's gonna be a star one or not. personally, I'd like to see Adriano in Milan but that's impossible.

We're more or less fine in LB/RB. we can wait until summer to make a move in those departments. Dani Alves' still my dream RB signing.

I think our CB is a problem right now. Kalazde doesn't have any consistency at all. some days he performs very well, but other days he just fvcks everything up. Maldini is injured for most of the games, and if Nesta gets injured one of these days, we're simply doomed. so I say moving for a good and reliable CB could be a wise move, but no ideas about any possible candidates.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 17 2007, 07:39 PM)
For those who dream about a new goalkeeper: it simply won't come true. they have just renewed with Dida, that means he will be our #1 for at least two more season, no matter how many mistakes he makes and damages he does to our team.

That would be inasanity. And plus of that, I'm sure one of those "young flyers" would not mind sit for one or two seasons on the bench. We have 2 very old keepers and one dinosaurus, which means in the next two transfer windows a keeper will come. Sure, most likely it will be Coppola rather then one from the list,..
Tennie
Hrm.

Okay, if we're delving into the realm of fantacalcio, here's my wish list.

Keepers: anyone from Fillipo's list or Buffon (unrealistic) or Cudicini (who is, after all, a Milan youth product)

Defenders: Luisao (Benfica), Chiellini (Juve), Zambrotta (Barca)

Midfielders: Aquilani (Roma), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Nasri (OM), van der Vaart (HSV)

Strikers: Rocchi (Lazio), Quagliarella/Di Natale (Udinese), Ibrahimovic (Merda. Unrealistic but it's fantacalcio).

As may be gathered, I'd MUCH prefer to see more Italians on the squad than more Brazilians.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 17 2007, 10:15 PM)
That would be inasanity. And plus of that, I'm sure one of those "young flyers" would not mind sit for one or two seasons on the bench. We have 2 very old keepers and one dinosaurus, which means in the next two transfer windows a keeper will come. Sure, most likely it will be Coppola rather then one from the list,..

My choice for 'keeper, which can occur in real world and not only in my dreams, is Marco Amelia. he is financially affordable, is very young with a bright future, is Italian, is highly talented imo, is not settled very well at Livorno, he even scores goals (biggrin.gif), etc. why don't we sign him in winter transfer window?!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 17 2007, 01:26 PM)
My choice for 'keeper, which can occur in real world and not only in my dreams, is Marco Amelia. he is financially affordable, is very young with a bright future, is Italian, is highly talented imo, is not settled very well at Livorno, he even scores goals (biggrin.gif), etc. why don't we sign him in winter transfer window?!

cause we have Dida and we just can't simply put him on the bench as it would cost unrest among many players and many brazillians. Dida is good imo, i dont think we need a goalkeeper for atleast this season.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers)
cause we have Dida and we just can't simply put him on the bench as it would cost unrest among many players

Because they're so used to him, or they're in no hurry to see Kalac in his stead?
maldini03
Well bieng Italian i say we sign a GK a forward A RB/LB and i would love another mid.

GK: My choice is Amelia( the Italian in me)

RB/LB someone who is high quality dont really know of too many I like( why isnt Zambrotta 5 years younger)

Mids: My ideal choices would be two of these three if possible Aqualiani, Montolivo (These two are pretty muchimpossibile) or Snra, I loved him int eh WC

Fwds: Pazzini( I wish) Quagriella
Il Capitano
My wish is that we buy at least one playing midfielder. We got to many defensive players.

GK: Carrizo, Amelia, Boruc

DF: Alves(but not for the price Sevilla are asking for),Zapata,Mexes, Barzagli

MF: Alex (fenerbahce), Diego(werder), Aqualani, quaresma, Nasri

We only have Gourcuff on the bench that is god with the ball. We need players that can enter from the bench and turn around a game like Rui costa.
Tennie
For what it's worth, the rumour mill in Italy says that Milan are in contact with Udinese and are preparing an offer of +/- 20 million for Di Natale.

Not sure how reliable the info is.
Il Capitano
I hope thats not true. He is a great player but there is better way to spend that money.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 24 2007, 05:09 PM)
For what it's worth, the rumour mill in Italy says that Milan are in contact with Udinese and are preparing an offer of +/- 20 million for Di Natale.

Not sure how reliable the info is.

Di Natele is a good option for us. He has Serie A experience, which is exactly what we need.

I heard another rumor, Barzagli is an option Milan are taking into consideration. He had his chance with the Azzurri and he did pretty well IMO.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 03:19 AM)
I heard another rumor, Barzagli is an option Milan are taking into consideration. He had his chance with the Azzurri and he did pretty well IMO.

Nesta likes him thus so do I... smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I would love Barzagli AND Di Natale. But E20m for the latter is a little pricey, maybe if he was younger. Especially when you consider Toni was even cheaper.
Tennie
Sadly for Milan, it's a buyer's market and Udinese need Di Natale more than Fiorentina needed Toni: Fiorentina had Mutu, Pazzini, Montolivo, etc.

(I wish we could get Montolivo!)
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2007, 03:31 AM)
But E20m for the latter is a little pricey, maybe if he was younger. Especially when you consider Toni was even cheaper.

I don't know about considerations, this is just the rumors .. 20M would free up his transfer and that is the rumored price. I wouldn't be surprised if Galliani drops it to 10M
kurtsimonw
I guess I shouldn't be complaining about price anyways. A player, at any price, would be nice!
Tennie
The Sun is reporting that Drogba wants a move to Milan.

Take that as you will. I think even As is more reliable than the Sun, though the Sun is VERY entertaining.smile.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 25 2007, 07:19 PM)
Di Natele is a good option for us. He has Serie A experience, which is exactly what we need.

bazargli would be an excelletn buy without a doubt, he was one of italy's stars in the past 2 games.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 25 2007, 08:58 PM)
The Sun is reporting that Drogba wants a move to Milan.

Take that as you will. I think even As is more reliable than the Sun, though the Sun is VERY entertaining.smile.gif

i think it's possible. with mourinho gone a lot of the players wont feel as attached to the club and drogba has proved himself in the prem.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Sep 26 2007, 03:02 AM)
i think it's possible. with mourinho gone a lot of the players wont feel as attached to the club and drogba has proved himself in the prem.

Yes, it realy is. And I would welcome this transfer in particular,..
Fillipo Simone
Milan sul mercato: nel mirino Anelka, Kanouté o Di Natale
Lun 24 Set, 10:31 AM

Il Milan pensa a tornare sul mercato a gennaio per rinforzare l'attacco: nel mirino il francese Anelka del Bolton, in altrnativa a Di Natale dell'Udinese. In Supercoppa il presidente Berlusconi è rimasto affascinato da Kanouté del Siviglia.

To add one more name: Freddy Kanoute.. biggrin.gif
dst
@Tennie: I'd love to see Montolivo in the rossoneri shirt but then Gourcuff would not get a chance at all and he'd be gone for sure! Not that they play in a similar position, actually Montolivo is the must-buy perfect replacement for Pirlo but I don't see Carlo fielding two young players in the same line-up!

In my view:

We need a forward: Of course we needed him now more than ever but Pato's arrival don't mean anything to me... he's a young unexperienced player and we cannot trust our season on him! So we need an as dependable as we can find guy!
My choices:
Di Natale
Quagliarella
Mutu
Drogba (would be an excellent signing but will most certainly not happen in January)

We need a RB: If Oddo is injured we have no one but a former professional to rely on!
My choices:
Marzoratti - get him back from his loan

I'd say we also need a creative midfielder but we will probably not make more than two transfers and quite certainly not for the midfield area. As for Barzagli, I don't want to get him and that's not cause I don't like him; Paolo's leaving at the end of the season and more than anything else, I demand a world-class defender to come and take his place! Let that be Puyol, Kolo Toure or Terry, this has to be our priority for next summer! So, with that guy coming in, we don't need Barzagli... Unless we offload Kakha! smile.gif
Tennie
I'd like to make a suggestion for a creative midfielder we might actually be able to get - though Aquilani would be my first choice.

I like Sporting's Miguel Veloso. Young, talented, and only getting better. He plays the Pirlo role for Sporting. (And yes, before anyone calls me on it, he's also pretty.)
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 26 2007, 02:37 PM)
... Unless we offload Kakha! smile.gif

ohhh wouldn't u like that rolleyes.gif

NO !!! mad.gif mad.gif Don't u even think it !
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 03:20 PM)
Don't u even think it !

I just did!

... tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 26 2007, 12:37 PM)
@Tennie: I'd love to see Montolivo in the rossoneri shirt but then Gourcuff would not get a chance at all and he'd be gone for sure! Not that they play in a similar position, actually Montolivo is the must-buy perfect replacement for Pirlo but I don't see Carlo fielding two young players in the same line-up!

In my view:

We need a forward: Of course we needed him now more than ever but Pato's arrival don't mean anything to me... he's a young unexperienced player and we cannot trust our season on him! So we need an as dependable as we can find guy!
My choices:
Di Natale
Quagliarella
Mutu
Drogba (would be an excellent signing but will most certainly not happen in January)

We need a RB: If Oddo is injured we have no one but a former professional to rely on!
My choices:
Marzoratti - get him back from his loan

I'd say we also need a creative midfielder but we will probably not make more than two transfers and quite certainly not for the midfield area. As for Barzagli, I don't want to get him and that's not cause I don't like him; Paolo's leaving at the end of the season and more than anything else, I demand a world-class defender to come and take his place! Let that be Puyol, Kolo Toure or Terry, this has to be our priority for next summer! So, with that guy coming in, we don't need Barzagli... Unless we offload Kakha! smile.gif

Good summary. With the striker choices I agree exept of Mutu. He's good but not for Milan, to rough and never would fit into Carlettos system. Instead I'd add Adriano (if in form/avaible) and Kanoute.

But I do not see any of the suggested defenders up for a move. Especially not Puyol, he is a symbol in Barcelona. We have to wait a few years more till Barca releases him just like they did with their legens before (Sergi, Abelardo, Guardiola, etc. - really Barca is like an antipod team to Milan) biggrin.gif .

Here's my priority list:

1. Keeper - for next season. If not a direct Dida replacement, then at least a more then qualified bench-sitting second keeper with ambitions of becoming numero uno.

2. 4th/2nd striker - it depends on what will happen. Right now we are good, but here's what we have: Pippo who'll be 35, Gilardino who stopped score, Ronaldo who is injury prone and therefor not reliable and a teenage duck who still has to learn swim in the mediterranean sea. So we need a reilable striker. For any price, at any age, just that he is in form and reliable.

3. RB or LB - one name: Zambrotta. If not him, I have a few others in my pocket, but don't want to bother you with them right now. We need a side player with good/excellent attacking skill and a precise cross. Brazil has sure a few of them left who could make it,..

4. A creative midfielder - I've seen Veloso and agree, he is material for us. Many other players as well - Montolivo, De Rossi, Aquilani, etc.

5. CB - Barzagli, Chivu,...

And here's what I think our board will do:

1. They have eyes and they have brain. At least they will understand that Fiori will retire and we have to sign/bring back (at least) a third choice...

2. Not very likely. It depends much more on other teams. Like the Ronaldo job. We'll keep our nose up and tell the world "we are covered in all positions", but also keep our ears ready for Drogba's help scream. More real is that a big transfer will involve Gilardino. I'm 80% sure he'll be out of San Siro till next September.

3. Maybe. But also depends more on Barca/Zambro then on us. But maybe, Silvio likes players like Sergio, so...I hope he'll set the search for his replacement as a priority.

4. Noooo way. We are "overcovered" here.. rolleyes.gif

5. Maybe, but not those players. We will look out for Thuram and Cannavaro, they match perfectly into our profile. Maybe Barzagli,...
misha
Our management won't do much above the necessary minimum ...
Tennie
Okay, judging on today's result (and keeping in mind that I didn't see the game), we need a keeper, we need a creative midfielder (since Carletto refuses to let Gourcuff play), and we need some sort of backup in defense. Basically, what dst said above.

Who can we realistically get?
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 26 2007, 11:34 PM)
Who can we realistically get?

The question is: How much our management are willing to spent?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 26 2007, 03:39 PM)
The question is: How much our management are willing to spent?

Im gonna say were gonna spend around 30 mil. If we get ronaldinho around 100 mil.

We need key players: 1 world class striker, and maybe another defender.

We would sell of gilardino, which would make us maybe 10-15 million depending on how much stupid the team buying him is.
Rossoneri7
R10 is a BIG possibility for January.
Tennie
I know I might get slated for this, but...

I've been doing some thinking and I'm not entirely sure I'd want Ronaldinho in Milan. He's undeniably a very talented player but...where would he play? In whose place? And there seems to be a discipline/attitude problem with the guy.

Yes, Milan can turn that sort of thing around and yes I know Berlusconi wants him. But for 100M, we could take care of ALL the positional shortfalls we have instead of buying one (overpriced?) AM.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 27 2007, 05:52 AM)
I know I might get slated for this, but...

I've been doing some thinking and I'm not entirely sure I'd want Ronaldinho in Milan. He's undeniably a very talented player but...where would he play? In whose place? And there seems to be a discipline/attitude problem with the guy.

Yes, Milan can turn that sort of thing around and yes I know Berlusconi wants him. But for 100M, we could take care of ALL the positional shortfalls we have instead of buying one (overpriced?) AM.

I totally agree with u. And I am sure many many more would agree with u on this.

But I have come to believe that with his qualities in our team, we can be an all conquering team. I mean forget his image, his price, etc .. Just think of what kind of dimensions he could add to the team.

off the top of my head ..

1. Kaka' won't be marked as hard as he is now ..

2. Our ball possession would increase with him controlling the play ..

3. Gilardino would finally start scoring (hell, put me on as a striker, with Kaka' and R10 supporting I would score a hattrick) ..

4. He is a solution when all else fails.

You look at our team now, the performance last night ... It was a great team performance, but imagine we have R10 in that group (most likely in Seedorf's place) .. I am of the opinion that he would win us matches all on his own.
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2007, 04:33 AM)
R10 is a BIG possibility for January.

Player like that won't come in January. It's a summer move.

Barca understands now that they can do well without him. Messi taking charge and becoming the new king. They have Henry, Eto'o and few talented kids who can become stars. Plus Iniesta, Deco and Xavi rullng in the center of midfield. So they will cash in on him in the summer IMO. The thing is, that Chelsea might offer more and he can be tempted to go there.
Jack Sparrow
Gilardino would finally start scoring (hell, put me on as a striker, with Kaka' and R10 supporting I would score a hattrick) ...

Bullshite...u'd still find a way to fall on ur backside...tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 27 2007, 06:25 AM)
Bullshite...u'd still find a way to fall on ur backside...tongue.gif

U obviously forget I passed up playing for Qadsiya !! I didn't like the color of the shirt. Schifo
Jack Sparrow
Qadissiya ...bwhahahahahaha.....Al-Salmiya wouldn't want u on ur team...ur too uhm...Simone Inzaghi like....tongue.gif

*runs*
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 27 2007, 06:21 AM)
Player like that won't come in January. It's a summer move.

Barca understands now that they can do well without him. Messi taking charge and becoming the new king. They have Henry, Eto'o and few talented kids who can become stars. Plus Iniesta, Deco and Xavi rullng in the center of midfield. So they will cash in on him in the summer IMO. The thing is, that Chelsea might offer more and he can be tempted to go there.

I don't know really .. I mean, R10's transfer would make sense in the summer, but considering the speculation surrounding him, he might come in January.

Oh yeah, he is definitely gonna leave them, this is his last season at Barca ... Chelsea or Milan ?! Abramovic doesn't stand a chance against Berlusconi IMO. Cuz Silvio has much more to offer than just $$$ cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2007, 05:41 AM)
I don't know really .. I mean, R10's transfer would make sense in the summer, but considering the speculation surrounding him, he might come in January.

Oh yeah, he is definitely gonna leave them, this is his last season at Barca ... Chelsea or Milan ?! Abramovic doesn't stand a chance against Berlusconi IMO. Cuz Silvio has much more to offer than just $$$  cool.gif

Mainly because of the CL. Barca wouldn't want to do all that mess in the winter. It can be negative on the team so I think they will try to keep the whole thing low as possible until the summer.

Well... Abramovic is pretty desperate. There are many rumors about this in the english press so who knows...
Rossoneri7
Abramovic has a shot at getting him .. But if it is between Silvio and Roman, Silvio would win his signature hands down IMO.
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2007, 05:53 AM)
Abramovic has a shot at getting him .. But if it is between Silvio and Roman, Silvio would win his signature hands down IMO.

Well yeah, depends on how much each one of them want him. But I just can't imagine Silvio paying over 70-80 mil on any player.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 27 2007, 05:10 AM)
Well yeah, depends on how much each one of them want him. But I just can't imagine Silvio paying over 70-80 mil on any player.

Well, we know that Silvio is a bif fan of 'Dinho's. But look,...

Milan is in better position then the Chelsea team right now. Both had very bad season starts, but we're still the defending champions and we have a stable family here, while their team is slowly falling apart.

Ask Ronaldinho: do you prefer Silvio or Roman? The Italian style, or the russian? Carlo Ancelotti or Avram Grant? Pirlo or Lampard? And so on,...we all knew the answers.

The only thing that Chelsea has is money, nothing more, and nothing less. And I'm not sure we can outbid Chelsea, but we can keep are proposal close to the Blues one. So it will be reason vs. greed/lust for money. It's the ultimate transfer decision. If it's gonna be a january transfer Barca will have to start modestly with his prize, and then they 'll use one of the bids to boost it,..
misha
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 27 2007, 10:07 AM)
Well, we know that Silvio is a bif fan of 'Dinho's. But look,...

Milan is in better position then the Chelsea team right now. Both had very bad season starts, but we're still the defending champions and we have a stable family here, while their team is slowly falling apart.

Ask Ronaldinho: do you prefer Silvio or Roman? The Italian style, or the russian? Carlo Ancelotti or Avram Grant? Pirlo or Lampard? And so on,...we all knew the answers.

The only thing that Chelsea has is money, nothing more, and nothing less. And I'm not sure we can outbid Chelsea, but we can keep are proposal close to the Blues one. So it will be reason vs. greed/lust for money. It's the ultimate transfer decision. If it's gonna be a january transfer Barca will have to start modestly with his prize, and then they'll use one of the bids to boost it,..

Falling apart is exaggeration. Chelsea needed the change but they made it in a bad timing. They need let the new coach time to make some order in the team. But yes the things are less stable there and that's why Roman would try harder to land him in order to please the fans and to divert the attention of the press. I still doubt that Silvio gonna pay that much, but we'll see soon.
aLbErTo
at the end of the season we could get ronaldinho for just 14mio€, beacuse of fifa rules...

when player is min. 28years old and has played for one club min. 5 years he can buy out his contract...so at the end of the season, r10 will have both requirements, and if he agrees with milan, we could play out barca...
kurtsimonw
Wow. I didn't realise he'd been there that long.

I just checked his wiki page (Yes, I know they can be edited.) and this came up:
"Currently, he plays for FC Barcelona with a contract ending in 2010.
On 25 September 2007, he signed a tentative five year deal with Chelsea FC. The deal is contingent on the two clubs agreeing on a transfer fee."

I don't think it's just some person messing about either, since it has numbers with external links by the side.. Even still, I think it's lies. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.