Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ballack&Sheva
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Fillipo Simone
Mourinho Hits Out At Ballack And Sheva

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has warned Andrei Shevchenko and Michael Ballack that they are not the superstars of the club and they have to work as hard as everybody else.

From the moment Andrei Shevchenko and Michael Ballack arrived at Chelsea, it seemed as though there was tension between the players and manager Jose Mourinho.

A lot was made of the opinion that Shevchenko was very much owner Roman Abramovich’s buy. Ballack on the other hand burnt bridges when he reportedly underwent surgery in April before the Champions League semi-final and FA Cup final without Chelsea’s say so.

The relationship between the players and the manager seems to have deteriorated over the past weeks, Ballack reportedly off to Madrid in January and Shevchenko public in his annoyance of not getting picked for the first team.

Mourinho has revealed that the two of them need to book up their ideas and start performing if they are to stand a chance of being picked, adding that no the deserve no special treatment.

"Shevchenko and Ballack have to give more because their status is not superior to that of the others," Mourinho told The Sun.

"Each is a champion," he added. "They have quality, status and fame. They're rich and have already won a lot of trophies. All that is an undeniable fact.

"But it's one thing their being the centre surrounded by 20 nobodies, and it's something else these two players arriving at a club where the others are already champions, famous and rich.

"We were prepared to receive players such as Shevchenko or Ballack because they are of the same dimension as those already playing at Chelsea," continued Mourinho.

"Lampard, Terry, Drogba are equal to these two.

"But you can't build anything if you have to have someone special at its centre. When you have a group, everyone has to be equal to achieve the end we all want."

Goal.comUK

Both excellent players. If we get them for 'bout 60-70% of their price, I'd say YES
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 9 2007, 04:58 PM)
Both excellent players. If we get them for 'bout 60-70% of their price, I'd say YES

Yes to Sheva but apart from his Leverkusen days I never saw what everyone else did in Ballack rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Sep 9 2007, 06:43 PM)
Yes to Sheva but apart from his Leverkusen days I never saw what everyone else did in Ballack  rolleyes.gif

What about WC 2006 and especially 2002?
Tennie
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Sep 9 2007, 01:43 PM)
Yes to Sheva

Only if we pay less than half of what Chelsea paid us and Sheva's scary wife stays in London.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Sep 9 2007, 08:43 PM)
but apart from his Leverkusen days I never saw what everyone else did in Ballack  rolleyes.gif

Agreed
I_Rossoneri
No thanks to both of them wink.gif
misha
Sell Gila, buy Sheva smile.gif
armiss
we have not good chance for sheva , i think if he plays in champions league this year befor january , he will be cup tied and for next year we cant take a 32 years old striker with Non Eu position if we are in need to buy another player in another position , if he was in Milan i was sure that he was able to play in high level maybe for 3 or 4 years but now with this complicated situation !!!!!!!???
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 9 2007, 10:28 PM)
No thanks to both of them wink.gif

Although I wouldn't be too hurt if we got Sheva (I think though that we don't have any more non-EU spots available, right?) I agree with you!
kurtsimonw
I'd laugh at the thought of Ballack playing for Fulham, but Milan!?
Fillipo Simone
I don't see why everyone is against Ballack. He is a very strong and good player in all who sure could be of use for us,..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 10 2007, 12:46 AM)
I'd laugh at the thought of Ballack playing for Fulham, but Milan!?

Aren't u the same person who think Iaquinta is a player for Milan rolleyes.gif

Or is it that he is German biggrin.gif
Tennie
I don't like Ballack because he's a sell-out two times over. He WAS good at Leverkusen (though a bit more thuggish than he needed to be), but then he went for the $$$$$ and transferred to Bayern. Then he went for more $$$$$ with his move to Chelsea.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 9 2007, 10:59 PM)
Aren't u the same person who think Iaquinta is a player for Milan rolleyes.gif

Or is it that he is German biggrin.gif

I didn't say Iaquinta for Milan, I just said I like him and think he's good.

With Ballack, I just find him horribly average, he isn't so quick, doesn't tackle well, he has an okay shot, I dunno.. There's just nothing about him that makes me think he's any good, just average. He should be linked with a team like Milan in my opinion.

I have nothing against Germans either. biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 10 2007, 02:09 AM)
I don't like Ballack because he's a sell-out two times over. He WAS good at Leverkusen (though a bit more thuggish than he needed to be), but then he went for the $$$$$ and transferred to Bayern. Then he went for more $$$$$ with his move to Chelsea.

I don't really like him but, as I've said before, money was not the biggest reason why he joined Chelsea... at least in my view. It has to do with him being an Ossi in Bavaria but anyway, who the hell cares?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 10 2007, 02:25 AM)
I have nothing against Germans either.  biggrin.gif

I think the smiley gave it all away...
KillerMax
Ballack is a great player because:

1) He is a leader. He can lead a team to victory all on his own. You could say Gerrard is in the same mold.

2) He is physically strong. He can hold his own against any player. Remember the legendary Matthäus? wink.gif

3) He has a great header. Has scored many many goals only from headers.

4) He can dictate the tempo of the game.

5) He is a good passer of the ball.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 10 2007, 02:25 AM)
With Ballack, I just find him horribly average, he isn't so quick, doesn't tackle well, he has an okay shot, I dunno.. There's just nothing about him that makes me think he's any good, just average. He should be linked with a team like Milan in my opinion.

Well IMO Ballack of Bayern and Chelsea isn't the same as Ballack of Leverkusen. Simply because he plays a different role at Leverkusen, i.e. like Pirlo a deep lying midfielder. If you put Ballack in that position .. You'll be able to exploit his ability to the maximum. In any case, he is reaching the end of his career so .. rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well since we got Emerson, I don't see a purpose in Ballack. Of course I would have preferred Ballack over Emerson skill wise, but I hear this guy's got something of a prima donna attitude. And that's a no-go in Milan.

Sheva I dunno. We're sitting on a winning lottery ticket(Pato) and I don't want us to miss cashing on it, coz we think Sheva's a good boy who did a bad thing.
Bluesummers
Sheva might be a possibility, especially if we get him on loan that would be perfect. Ballack is a no-go. First of all he plays AM, DM. Both are covered by world class players who are much much better than ballack. He isn't taking kaka's spot thats forsure and i would rather have pirlo or gattuso there instead of ballack. Madrid would be a really good club for him to go to.
pacang
But it's one thing their being the centre surrounded by 20 nobodies, and it's something else these two players arriving at a club where the others are already champions, famous and rich.

did he just.. wtf did he meant by 20 nobodies..
dst
QUOTE (pacang @ Sep 10 2007, 12:35 PM)
did he just.. wtf did he meant by 20 nobodies..

I also noticed that... I'd like to suppose he was not talking about Milan!
Bluesummers
Champions my @ss. The only champions they are of is spending money. A team run by a lunatic manager and a over spending billionaire.
misha
Milan to snatch Ballack?

Milan are reportedly ready to snatch Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack away from Stamford Bridge. Although the Premiership side claim that the German captain is not for sale, it is well known that he is unhappy with his position at the club and would be tempted to move back to Europe. Should the London outfit put the midfield ace up for sale other clubs like Inter, Real Madrid and Juventus are also believed to be keen to lure him away from England.
dst
Only if he accepts a bit pay cut and that he won't always be in the starting XI.
KillerMax
I think we have enough 30+ players. Let's invest in someone a bit younger, not as young as Gourcuff, but someone who can possibly be our next big player if Kaka left.
Fillipo Simone
I'm in for Ballack!! biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
This one is for mishale.

Can't stop this man. SHEVCHENKO
misha
Will be interesting to see what happens with them now...
misha
Madrid And Milan Both Interested In Ballack

The paths of Real Madrid and Milan might cross each other again over Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack.

The former Bayern Munich leader has just been through a less than successful first season in the Premier League with Chelsea.

A bad injury to his right ankle (with a subsequent operation on 26 April) was the catalyst to a series of problems that required two more operations, the second of which took place only recently.

That aside, the first Premiership season of Ballack, who came to Chelsea around the same time as Andriy Shevchenko, was certainly not a positive one.

As coach Jose Mourinho failed to achieve the club's main objectives, Roman Abramovich was very disappointed and allegedly saw Ballack as one of the players who were no longer part of the club's plans.

This situation was being monitored by Real Madrid, who have been following the player for several years.

But Chelsea's request, 10 million euros, was considered excessive, which is understandable considering he had arrived at the Blues on a free transfer.

While the strong midfielder's complete recovery is still some time away, Real Madrid have already made a new proposal. It seems, however, that they are going to find Milan on their way once again.

That is the news revealed by English daily "The People" which suggested that the Rossoneri are ready to offer the player a contract worth 4,5 million euros a season.
Jack Sparrow
Ballack?? But for whom? He surely is not gonna bench Pirlo or Rino. And Emerson benched??? After we bought him. I dunno.
m1ke
No no no, leave our midfield alone, it's fine. It's not as if he can be a player for the future either.

Next summer I'd like to see a world class centre back, a world class forward and a potentially world class keeper - but these kind of players are hard to find. Does anyone have a list of the players who are out of contract in the summer?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (m1ke @ Sep 21 2007, 03:52 PM)
No no no, leave our midfield alone, it's fine. It's not as if he can be a player for the future either.

Next summer I'd like to see a world class centre back, a world class forward and a potentially world class keeper - but these kind of players are hard to find. Does anyone have a list of the players who are out of contract in the summer?

I would love to see that, but unfortunately, even as European Champions we couldn't get one of those things. Hopefully next summer will be much better.. I was hoping Sheva would return, but I'm not so sure he would anymore with the change at Chelsea. dry.gif
Tennie
Nononononononono! Keep him (and his scary wife) in London! He kissed the blue jersey, he can stay there.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 21 2007, 06:02 PM)
Nononononononono! Keep him (and his scary wife) in London! He kissed the blue jersey, he can stay there.

ohmy.gif

Saying anything remotely negative about the great one is punishable by death!
Tennie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 21 2007, 02:09 PM)
ohmy.gif

Saying anything remotely negative about the great one is punishable by death!

I know it's not a popular view, but I'm firmly in the 'Sheva is a traitor' camp. Haven't made a secret about it either, but you'll have to get past my fish doll to kill me. smile.gif

(And for me, Van Basten is the Great One, at least as far as strikers go).

EDIT:

Mike, did you mean Milan players out of contract as of June 2008 or worldwide players who are out of contract in June 2008?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 21 2007, 06:13 PM)
Mike, did you mean Milan players out of contract as of June 2008 or worldwide players who are out of contract in June 2008?

I think he meant none-Milan players. One's we can get at the end of the season.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 21 2007, 08:52 PM)
I would love to see that, but unfortunately, even as European Champions we couldn't get one of those things. Hopefully next summer will be much better..

The reason why we didn't buy anyone is exactly because we won the European Cup! Had we failed to win anything again, we would be talking about a different Milan team right now...

I partly agree with the 'you don't fix something that ain't broken' policy; but if you don't take care of that certain something, it will broke down some day...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 21 2007, 08:07 PM)
The reason why we didn't buy anyone is exactly because we won the European Cup! Had we failed to win anything again, we would be talking about a different Milan team right now...

I partly agree with the 'you don't fix something that ain't broken' policy; but if you don't take care of that certain something, it will broke down some day...

Exactly. Everything what I wanted to say,.. cool.gif

But on the other side, I think we should "touch" into our midfield. Cause in modern football there are not many real attackers-"jokers" for the bench left. If we play a Ronaldo-Pippo attack, do you honestly expect that Gila can do a big difference in let's say 20 minutes when needed? No,...the difference comes more from the midfield, and there we are very thin. If Seedorf has "one of his days" or Kaka can't play, or Pirlo is indisponed,..we have noone to cover them. Emerson is not that type, and Gourcuff is a slow raising potential. So an extra Ballack would be fine for me. He is strong in aerial challenges which is not quite our strenght (Ok, Ambro is good, but..) plus he is a solid allrounder. Don't get me wrong, he is far from perfect for Milan, but after almost 2 years without many big transfers I'll embrace even Michael Ballack..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 21 2007, 10:19 PM)
but after almost 2 years without many big transfers I'll embrace even Michael Ballack..

I thought Ronaldo, Oddo, and Emerson were big transfers .. They have all performed above expectation, the latter needs time in a about a week or so .. Then we have Pato, who is a very exciting talent who will see more time on the pitch (considering Gila rolleyes.gif ) ... Overall, I'd say we did well .. It's true our midfield is thin, but that is the only way to give Gourcuff some time on the field. I mean we can't have everything, if u know what I mean smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 22 2007, 01:32 AM)
I thought Ronaldo, Oddo, and Emerson were big transfers .. They have all performed above expectation, the latter needs time in a about a week or so .. Then we have Pato, who is a very exciting talent who will see more time on the pitch (considering Gila rolleyes.gif ) ... Overall, I'd say we did well .. It's true our midfield is thin, but that is the only way to give Gourcuff some time on the field. I mean we can't have everything, if u know what I mean smile.gif

Yes I know, still I think it is insuficient. Oddo I certainly do not consider as a big transfer, Oddo is more of a forced transfer cause Cafu is wasted and both Bonera and Å imić are crap as RB's. Emerson and Ronaldo only came when Real signalled the green light for their exit. I mean, if you see how all other former winners of the CL have reinforced themselves,...

And Gourcuff needs to lear how to be a usefull sub. In the CL (at later stage) whenever he entered he did nothing. I just want someone like Messi, someone who steps out from his bench position as a complete ananymous guy and then makes all the fans learn his name instantly.
Ok, I know that is way tooo much. Still, we need a quality mid-player for the bench, a player that can open one extra option for us - aerial strenght, speed, long range shot or more runs on the side.

Everything would be solved if we had the old/normal Cafu and Serginho. They both gave us that fast up-down tempo which added another speciality in our tactical system. With Oddo it still exists, but is mostly useless cause Massimo hits 1 good cross out of 10 and rarely runs diagonally on the opposite goal to open a shot position. If we get one or two players who can do half of the things Sergio and Cafu done in their days, we don't need any other mdfielder,..
Rossoneri7
ContraCampo is reporting that Shevchenko is ready to end his Chelsea career as early as this January.

His destination are one of two; Milan or Dimano ... Seeing as Milan don't have room for him with already four strikers in contention .. Shevchenko would go to Dinamo and would accept a pay cut from his 9M/season contract to a 5M/season contract.

So that is how the great Andri Shevchenko ends his career rolleyes.gif With his tail between his legs. tsk tsk tsk.
Tennie
Karma, R7, Karma. He shouldn't have left, especially not the way he did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.