Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emerson
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3
milanezos7
The Emerson transfer saga is over after Milan announced his capture from Real Madrid this evening.

Reports in Italy gathered pace this afternoon that the Brazilian was on the verge of joining the European champions and that has proved to be reality.

“Milan communicate that they have signed Emerson from Real Madrid on a permanent basis,” read a short note on the Rossoneri’s website.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani flew out to Madrid earlier today to complete the deal after weeks of talks.

It’s understood that the veteran has signed a two-year deal at the San Siro after Real accepted a fee of around £3.7m.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (milanezos7 @ Aug 21 2007, 09:45 PM)
The Emerson transfer saga is over after Milan announced his capture from Real Madrid this evening.

Reports in Italy gathered pace this afternoon that the Brazilian was on the verge of joining the European champions and that has proved to be reality.

“Milan communicate that they have signed Emerson from Real Madrid on a permanent basis,” read a short note on the Rossoneri’s website.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani flew out to Madrid earlier today to complete the deal after weeks of talks.

It’s understood that the veteran has signed a two-year deal at the San Siro after Real accepted a fee of around £3.7m.

I can't say I'm unhappy with that. The price is what surprises me, I thought they originally wanted closer to £8m! Good deal for us.
Zed.D
They definitely got him on the cheap, so we can't complain (Madrid payed 15 million euro for him last year). I think everybody agrees with me that he's way better than Ambro. good signing IMO, not spectacular, but satisfying enough.
Tennie
Emerson is good but I certainly don't think he's better than Ambro. Maybe Emerson was in his Roma days, but not now. Ambro has been in wonderful form. To me, Ambro is a starter (depending on formation) and Emerson will be first sub for the DMs.
m1ke
Kinda agree with Tennie here - Ambro gets the nod for me. Emerson is a decent player though, especially at that price.
Rossoneri7
I expected this ... Also, I agree with Tennie. He would do well to take the place of either Gattuso or Pirlo king.gif

I am glade we have strengthened an already rock solid midfield
bigmacmtl
now that galliani has signed emerson he will release an official stament that says the transfer market is now open (in other words;no more transfers) rolleyes.gif no but on a more serious note now that we signed a midfielder in the position we never really needed rolleyes.gif we can focus our attention on signing a decent striker like milito, i would love to snatch him under reals nose.
gal_kenny
yea thats true..i really like milito..He's way better than Gilardino...

Gilardino doesn't know how to handle the ball even on the run or try to dribble..I think Gilardino really sucks..He's not AC milan's quality at all...

On a real note we should have gotten someone like Milito or luis Fabiano...Dang Ancelotti what are u thinking about..dang
KillerMax
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 21 2007, 04:43 PM)
They definitely got him on the cheap, so we can't complain (Madrid payed 15 million euro for him last year). I think everybody agrees with me that he's way better than Ambro. good signing IMO, not spectacular, but satisfying enough.

DON'T you EVER compare Captain Ambrosini to that sleezy creep EVER again! Ambro is among the Gods of Rossoneri!
arivanjj
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 22 2007, 04:36 PM)
DON'T you EVER compare Captain Ambrosini to that sleezy creep EVER again! Ambro is among the Gods of Rossoneri!

king.gif king.gif

KillerMax
Thank you for that ari. king.gif
Zed.D
Don't you all ever worry, because Ambro's gonna injure himself one of these days and Emerson will automatically get a starting place.
m1ke
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 22 2007, 08:44 AM)
Don't you all ever worry, because Ambro's gonna injure himself one of these days and Emerson will automatically get a starting place.

Unfortunately, this is true sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 22 2007, 11:44 AM)

Do you want to see that happen just to prove a point? Ambro played a full season in the last one so why will he be injured now!?? rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 22 2007, 12:34 PM)
Do you want to see that happen just to prove a point? Ambro played a full season in the last one so why will he be injured now!?? rolleyes.gif

I don't blame him for saying that ... Almost all of the forum think Milan players will be injured for the most part of the season rolleyes.gif

I don't know where they got the idea that Milan is an infirmary ..
Nova
First of all , like Jack said , dont even compare a rossonero king with a merengue like emerson.

Second , he will have his chance to prove himself. Untill then we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Third , stop talking about a striker like Milito when there is only one player to be signed , ronaldinho !!!! pato , gilardino , ronaldo , willy & inzaghi will be enough. king.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 22 2007, 01:17 PM)
I don't know where they got the idea that Milan is an infirmary ..

Ambro , Pippo and Ronaldo are super injury prone players.

Paolo at his advanced age can't avoid injuries like he used to + Nesta and Dida also ,like last season has showen, more tend to get hurt than in the past (cuz of their age of course).
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 22 2007, 02:17 PM)

Paolo at his advanced age can't avoid injuries like he used to + Nesta and Dida also ,like last season has showen, more tend to get hurt.

But that doesn't mean they WILL get hurt! Ambro and Pippo left their injuries behind last season and I don't see why everyone's so sure they will get injured again! Nesta has had no problems after Miami too...
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 22 2007, 02:22 PM)
But that doesn't mean they WILL get hurt! Ambro and Pippo left their injuries behind last season and I don't see why everyone's so sure they will get injured again! Nesta has had no problems after Miami too...

I didn't said that they will. But with age the chances are higher than before.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 22 2007, 01:04 PM)

I don't like that to happen, but it will. Ambrosini is an injury prone player and we all know that. and last term he played only 19 matches in the league (of 38) how can you say he played in all matches?! huh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 22 2007, 02:17 PM)

Paolo at his advanced age can't avoid injuries like he used to + Nesta and Dida also ,like last season has showen, more tend to get hurt than in the past (cuz of their age of course).

As dst said ...

Plus, have confidence man ! MilanLab is for real and many players have had their careers revived thanks to MilanLab .. Take a good look at Pippo. I for one didn't believe he would be back ! Then he came back and look what he did, he won us the cup !

Last season was a one-off, we had so much injuries, it seemed like Maldini played every game rolleyes.gif ... Still we accomplished many objectives and won ! This season, I believe our players are better physically and mentally, therefore we wont get as many injured as we did.
dst
Someone please merge this with the other thread about Emerson!

So this is a permanent deal and not a loan? unsure.gif That's good! By the way he's the 8th Brazilian in Milan... do Brazilian teams have so many? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 22 2007, 02:29 PM)
and last term he played only 19 matches in the league (of 38) how can you say he played in all matches?! huh.gif

I didn't say he played all the matches just that he was fit... we played with two forwards in the league so he was a sub for most games...
Portman
Emerson: Milan are the greatest 

Wednesday 22 August, 2007 ::: channel4.com

Emerson has flown in to finally completing the move to Milan. “I wanted to leave Real Madrid and join the best club in the world.”

The Brazilian’s transfer had collapsed completely earlier this month, but the two sides came to an agreement for a permanent switch worth £3.4m.

“I am truly happy,” said the midfielder as he arrived at Linate Airport. “I wanted to leave Real Madrid and join the best club in the world. Now I really feel reborn.”

The deal was only completed after Emerson agreed to take a £1m per season pay-cut to pen the two-year contract.

Before he flew away from Madrid, the former Roma and Juventus star had harsh words for President Ramon Calderon.

“Calderon treated me badly. He never said a word or made a gesture towards me. Unfortunately, there is a wall between the team and a part of the club, as those who make the decisions have created a clear distance.

“In any case, at the end of the day I have to thank Real because they allowed me to join Milan.”

On Thursday Emerson will undergo his medical and pass through the many tests at MilanLab.

“I do not suffer from recurring groin problems, as some people would like you to believe. I am here to train well and reach my form as soon as possible.”
dst
smile.gif ... oh! I never would have expected! rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Nova @ Aug 22 2007, 04:55 AM)
First of all , like Jack said , dont even compare a rossonero king with a merengue like emerson.

Name is Max. Nice to meet you. rolleyes.gif
Portman
This topic should be in Players section.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 22 2007, 04:30 AM)
This season, I believe our players are better physically and mentally, therefore we wont get as many injured as we did.

Nothing better to lift the spirits than another CL title. I wouldn't mind seeing us win more to the point that we can't get excited about it anymore. smile.gif
Nova
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 22 2007, 08:44 PM)
Name is Max. Nice to meet you. rolleyes.gif

Oh my laugh.gif
Nova
btw , any pictures of Emerson in Milan ?
kizo
Which number will he get?
#5 i think
Ry4n
yep Billy's number
Portman

Emerson at Milanello today.
dst
biggrin.gif He just needs Ronaldo's hair from WC '02 and he will look fine!
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 23 2007, 04:11 PM)
biggrin.gif He just needs Ronaldo's hair from WC '02 and he will look fine!

the missing piece wink.gif

misha
And he needs to lose a few kilos too. smile.gif
misha
Jack Sparrow
Long time since we saw Carlo look satisfied.
mishie
not sure why he wanted him,but Carlo got his man and it's good to see him looking confident 3 days before the season starts! biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 23 2007, 11:59 AM)
not sure why he wanted him.

Because he is a holding midfielder. Something we need in the absence of Pirlo.
mishie
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 23 2007, 06:03 PM)
Because he is a holding midfielder. Something we need in the absence of Pirlo.

so ambro and brocchi and rino can't be used as a holding midfielder and after all Pirlo isn't wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well Rino and Brocchi are mostly defensive mids. Not all that good at passing. But Emerson plays pretty good. He's better defensively tha Pirlo, and better offensively than Rino/Brocchi.
misha
Ancelotti Relishes Emerson Signing

In the wake of Adriano Galliani's earlier endorsement of the Brazilian midfielder's arrival at the San Siro, coach Carlo Ancelotti has chimed in, saying the Emerson signing was just what the doctor ordered...

Carlo Ancelotti, spurning the idea that AC Milan need another young superstar signing, is pleased with AC Milan's latest acquisition.

The club hierarchy announced yesterday the signing of former Real Madrid midfielder Emerson, and Ancelotti now sees his side falling into place ahead of the new Serie A campaign.

"Emerson is a player who will serve us greatly with his quality and experience," said the coach, whose side also landed Pato over the course of the summer transfer window.

AC Milan have been criticised by some of the rossoneri faithful for their refusal to make a big-name signing this summer, but Ancelotti's careful approach may yet pay off if Emerson lives up to expectation.

The midfielder was told to leave Real Madrid this summer by president Ramon Calderon after failing to impress in the blanquillos' title winning season of 2006-07.

He joins the European Champions having previously played for Juventus and Roma.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Nova @ Aug 23 2007, 07:18 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif Ur mean !!!!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Nova @ Aug 23 2007, 11:18 AM)

hehe the proverbial missing link biggrin.gif
misha
Cafu Convinced Me, Reveals Emerson

The Brazilian midfielder will wear the number 5 shirt which belonged to Alessandro Costacurta for the past 20 years at Milan.

Emerson arrived at Milanello yesterday and was welcomed by the entire squad and technical staff of Milan.

The former Real Madrid player is now looking forward to start a new season with the Rossoneri and forget the past year spent in Spain. Emerson also wanted to deny that he is carrying any long-term injury.

"I just have some minor injury, but that's normal for a player of my age," he declared.

Emerson also explained the reasons behind his decision to join Milan, with Cafu taking an important role in his final decision.

"The many Brazilians of this team were a determining factor, but I spoke especially with Cafu. It was him who convinced me.

"I'm happy to have arrived at Milan, it is a very great team," the new Rossoneri's midfielder concluded.
Tennie
I don't know how I feel about Emerson having Billy's jersey. Somehow it just doesn't seem...appropriate.
Milan Are Brilliant
I didn't even know we had actually signed him...

Can't say that I'm ecstatic rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
dont worry emerson will be under "forwards" on the official site so all our problems will be fine now rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Aug 24 2007, 04:33 PM)
dont worry emerson will be under "forwards" on the official site so all our problems will be fine now rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Aug 24 2007, 07:33 PM)

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.