Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE WORDS OF CARLO ANCELOTTI
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Portman
THE WORDS OF CARLO ANCELOTTI

7/23/2007 5:27:00 PM

MILANELLO - It was coach Carlo Ancelotti who gave the first interview of the 2007/2008 season to Milan Channel.

It's time to start again...: "We are starting again with great enthusiasm, with a lot of will. During these vacations I had fun, I lived with worries. It was one big party, I met a lot of Milanisti: every evening there was an opportunity to remember 23 May."

On the outside of Milanello, awaiting the European Champions, a fan reminded people that it's right to continue with the enthusiasm of 23 May, without thinking too much about the transfer campaign: "I've heard that there is a bit of unrest among the fans for the transfer campaign which has not really kicked off yet for us, but I say it has started because the fact we will be able to start with players who weren't able to play for a long time such as Nesta, who began in March, like Serginho who practically didn't play, like Kaladze, like Ronaldo who could not play in the Champions League, like Oddo who came in January. The fact we will be able to start with these players who were there only in part last year is already a plus. Surely there will be a few opportunities to reinforce the team still, we are evaluating various options, we have no hurry and we don't need to make rushed acquisitions. If someone comes, it will be an important element to reinforce the team."

There have been many fans who gathered at Milanello to greet the team. An important sign: "The Cup gave enthusiasm to everybody. That's the most important thing: we are the European Champions, we will begin again the same way we ended, that means we consider the team very strong as it is and it's shown by the fact we managed to win the Champions League despite a very difficult year. We can thus present ourselves in the best possible way in this season considering that other than the Champions League we have other very important objectives this season: the European Supercup and the Club World Cup. It will be packed, intense season, which will see Milan as protagonists once again."

How important is it to prepare the season with serenity? "It means a lot, the fact we will have all the players at our disposal except for Maldini who will come back later, it's very important and something we were not able to do last year. It's an excellent basis to start well and try to play a great season."

It will also be possible to work with a free mind: "The fact we have a month to prepare with important games, where we intentionally organised some high-profile friendlies, to try and get the team in form as quickly as possible, will be very important to reduce the risk of injuries during the season."

First the Supercup, then the Intercontinental Cup. Will something change in the preparations of the team? "It will be a regular preparation. The European Supercup, which is our first official game, arrives five days after the start of the league and so the objective of these preparations is to be in form for the start of Serie A."

Ronaldo will be available full time. The Brazilian is determined to play a great season: he has started his preparations already on 2 July, in Brazil with Daniele Tognaccini: "We have given a program to everybody, including Ronaldo. Many players have come to Milanello already the past  few days to train. The vacations have been long and deserved but everyone in the last 15 days has done their job to be ready. Ronaldo started a bit earlier than the others, helped by Tognaccini because he came last year and does not know our methods very well. Ronaldo has had a calm summer, he's worked and I hope he is in a good condition."

As repeatedly stated by Adriano Galliani this summer, today also Kaká is regularly present at the reunion: "Yes, it's not a strange thing, we already knew this, he is here and will remain for many years to come. A lot has been said about his last summer on this issue but things were clear for all of us. Kaká is an indispensable player, an excellent image for Milan, he never remotely thought about leaving Milan. There is an excellent relationship from both sides, I didn't see any reason why things should change, and indeed nothing has changed."
Rossoneri7
Such passion !!!

Forza Carlo Ancelotti !!!

Hope you will bring us the 8th CL devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
Zed.D
The first time I read Carletto's words and I don't get disturbed! very relaxing words indeed.

FORZA ANCELOTTI!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.