Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Šimić
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2
misha
Simic doesn't have his own thread?! ohmy.gif smile.gif

AC Milan turns down Everton bid

Everton manager David Moyes is in the transfer market at the moment trying to sign a quality defender with experience from playing in Europe.

According to Daily Star a Moyes bid for AC Milan defender Dario Simic has been turned down by the Italians.

Everton is a bit thin in the defence line after Gary Naysmith left for Sheffield United and David Weir left the club in January to join Rangers.
whoarethepatriots
I must admit, i have grown an emotional attachment to him over the years
dst
He should stay, unless he wants to go.
Tennie
I like Simic. He's a good team player and puts in solid performances when he's needed. I hope he stays. This is the second request for him in recent time - didn't Lyon (or Marseille?) ask about a trade earlier this summer?
Jack Sparrow
Simic is better than Boulahrouz. Definitely not selling him.
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 16 2007, 04:39 AM)
This is the second request for him in recent time - didn't Lyon (or Marseille?) ask about a trade earlier this summer?

Marseille
Rossoneri7
Oh so now everyone wants him biggrin.gif tongue.gif

He is a great sub ! Always motivated, always giving 100% king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Heheh...I don't think any of us wanna see any of our champions leave. Porty and dst both 'hate' Kaladze, but I bet they got Kala tattooed where the sun don't shine. tongue.gif

Now bring me De Jong, R20 and Pato.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 16 2007, 05:39 AM)
Oh so now everyone wants him biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

He is a great sub ! Always motivated, always giving 100% king.gif

always loses his the guy his marking tongue.gif or forgets his a defender. sometimes he gets confused and thinks he's a spectator lol rolleyes.gif but yess i dont mind him staying as long as he doesnt play lol
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jul 20 2007, 08:40 AM)
always loses his the guy his marking  tongue.gif  or forgets his a defender. sometimes he gets confused and thinks he's a spectator lol rolleyes.gif  but yess i dont mind him staying as long as he doesnt play lol

Believe it or not, he is an excellent sub. Sure he is no Nesta or Maldini, but he is a great substitue. It is rumored that many clubs are after him, but the club wont sell him. IMO, they are doing the right thing. Like Tomasson, he isn't the type that complains about the bench and when he comes on, he shows a solid performance king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Tomasson cry.gif

Our season would be so different if we had him. Now he could play SS.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 20 2007, 05:40 PM)
Tomasson cry.gif

Our season would be so different if we had him. Now he could play SS.

Tomasson was not and is not appreciated as well as he should be

Grazie
Fillipo Simone
Oh, well,...Å imić is a very good sub, he has manners and is very polite also. And very humble - he was for a while Croatias captain, but then lost the armband first to Živković and then to Niko Kovać,..why? Cause he is really to shy! He cant complain, he doesn`t want to speek with the referee, etc.

But I`m glad he is with us, cause I can allways be sure he`ll give 100% and do his best to satisfy. Sometimes that`s not enough, but, I think he eventually became a true member of our squad,.. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jul 20 2007, 05:40 AM)
always loses his the guy his marking  tongue.gif  or forgets his a defender. sometimes he gets confused and thinks he's a spectator lol rolleyes.gif  but yess i dont mind him staying as long as he doesnt play lol

It's not his fault. Remember, he did learn from Javier Zanetti. wink.gif
Rossoneri7
Simic: No Need To Panic 

Dario Simic has rejected all Milan crisis talk and says that there is a long season ahead for the Rossoneri to prove their worth. 

The European champions have drawn their last three league games and travel to Sicily tomorrow night to face Palermo in a match they may need to win in order to keep pace with the leaders at the top-of-the-table.

“Against Palermo for us it's an important game. We go there looking for points,” said Simic. “Even though we drew three consecutive games against Fiorentina, Siena, and Parma, and we are not in a good position in the league, we know this competition is still very long, there's a lot of time to recover.

"We can still do great things. We have to think about last season, when we were in a much worse position than now, but we stuck together, we never gave up and ultimately lifted the Champions League. We have to do the same now, never give up. We are a strong, united group, which can win something important this season as well.

“When necessary, this team is able to show character, especially in games where the difference with the opponent is small. That's what happens in the Champions League, where after the group stages everything is decided in two-legged ties.”

The 32-year-old Simic joined Milan in 2002 from local-rivals Inter and has been mainly a bit-part player during his time at the Rossoneri. The Croatian stopper, who has played 91 times for his country, began his career way back in 1992 at hometown club Dinamo Zagreb.

Goal.com

This is the type of motivation we need !!! This is the type of team that you need to win something this season devilsmiley.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 02:15 AM)
Goal.com

This is the type of motivation we need !!! This is the type of team that you need to win something this season devilsmiley.gif

This is the first time Dario speaks out since,...ever... rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 12:11 PM)
This is the first time Dario speaks out since,...ever... rolleyes.gif

Well, he doesn't have much to say really rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 01:10 PM)

I don't want to start a discussion or spread fatalistic views, but,...

If we came to the point that Dario has to step out and speak, we are at least in a "not-normal" condition. Trust me, I know Dario. But let's say he's just following the examples of Bonera and Oddo, our usuall speakers... cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 03:10 PM)

He has more "to say" than Kaladze...
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 26 2007, 07:21 AM)
He has more "to say" than Kaladze...

I agree. I rate Dario much higher than Kaladze and on par with Bonera.
He was really a joy to watch last season when called upon. He played every game like it was going to be his last. Kaladze on the other hand looks like he is having walk in the park.
arivanjj
Simic ready to quit Milan

Milan defender Dario Simic is ready to bid farewell to the Rossoneri and may accept a January move.

The 31-year-old has made 73 appearances for the Diavolo since joining from city rivals Inter in 2002, but has become a fringe player this term and is ready to seek a fresh challenge.

“Last season I played around 30 games, but I haven’t even been given a minute yet this time around,” he told the Press.

“This is my seventh year with Milan, but if there isn’t space for me here I would rather go, possibly in January.

“I don’t know where I would go yet, but this situation is intolerable as I’m still a player with nearly 100 caps for Croatia.”

Channel4
dst
He's not going anywhere!! smile.gif
arivanjj
i'm not so sure about that.. he hasn't been given one chance this season when clearly he was more consistent than Kaladze last season..

so yeah i think he's going
Rossoneri7
Going or staying, doesn't make much of a difference really
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 2 2007, 03:38 PM)
Going or staying, doesn't make much of a difference really

Now imagine Kaladze knowing he's the only alternative! rolleyes.gif How bad would he be then...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 2 2007, 03:49 PM)
Now imagine Kaladze knowing he's the only alternative! rolleyes.gif How bad would he be then...

Is this a trick question dry.gif
Zed.D
I prefer him over that dumb Kaladze. I hope he stays and fights for his place.
KillerMax
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 2 2007, 07:40 AM)
I prefer him over that dumb Kaladze. I hope he stays and fights for his place.

Kaladze will always get his way because he is a favorite. rolleyes.gif Doesn't matter how much Simic tries, because last year, he was class whenever he played as a CB. To me, this is the order in which our defenders should be picked: Maldini(and not just out of respect), Nesta, Simic, Bonera and Kaladze.
Fillipo Simone
IzvrÅ¡ni dopredsjednik Milana Adriano Galliani otklonio je svaku mogućnost da Dario Å imić, koji ima ugovor do 30. lipnja 2009., napusti klub prije sljedećeg ljeta. Iako Juventus, kojem se ozlijedio Andrade, želi iskusno stopersko rjeÅ¡enje, a i naÅ¡ nogometni reprezentativac viÅ¡estruko odaÅ¡ilje poruke da će u zimskom prijelaznom roku tražiti odlazak ako će i dalje biti daleko od terena, Å¡efovi u Milanellu, poučeni lanjskim iskustvom kada se nakon nove godine ozlijedila cijela obrana, ne žele se odreći Å imićevih usluga.

Pobably this does not mean anything to you, so let me translate you this in a short version - Dario has been linked with Juventus after Andrade got his injury, but Fester denied a Simic move before summer.
Zed.D
From Carlo's recent interview:

"Simic? I had nothing to clear. We have never held anyone, not even Shevchenko. After Shevchenko there was no other player who asked to leave"

So... it's adios Simic. after seeing this I think Dario will leave, as soon as January. that's kind of sad, mainly for two reasons: 1- we will lose one CB. 2- we won't buy a new CB! because we're good as we are and still have Digao, Darmian, Bonera, etc... realmad.gif
Jack Sparrow
I wouldn't diss Darmian yet. dst thinks he's got something.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 6 2007, 08:45 PM)

I do. And if Simic's departure means he's going to get a rare chance then I'm all for it... even if I'd be much more delighted to see Kaladze go... sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
I don't know. We don't seem to have that direct link we used to with the primavera. Now they all seem to be there just to make up the numbers.

If Simic were to leave, we'd get another middling-above average centre back in his place, maybe push Bonera up the order, and have Darmian take Simic's place on the neglected list.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 6 2007, 09:15 PM)

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 6 2007, 09:31 PM)
I do. And if Simic's departure means he's going to get a rare chance then I'm all for it... even if I'd be much more delighted to see Kaladze go...  sad.gif

He definitely lacks something named "experience"! experience cannot be gained without enough playing time, something Darmian is not going to get, at least not from Carletto.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 6 2007, 07:09 PM)
I don't know. We don't seem to have that direct link we used to with the primavera. Now they all seem to be there just to make up the numbers.

This is one of our biggest problems,..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 6 2007, 09:09 PM)

I don't think so .. They will get their chances, there is still the Coppa and several other opportunities that they can play in. Or they might just be to make up the numbers as they don't have the quality to add to the team. We have yet to see how they play and what they have to offer.
Jack Sparrow
Or they might just be to make up the numbers as they don't have the quality to add to the team.

And you don't find this strange? This sudden dip in quality? All in a space of 5-10 years.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 7 2007, 10:39 AM)
And you don't find this strange? This sudden dip in quality? All in a space of 5-10 years.

You have to give these primavera players a chance at first team football. I mean Maldini was trained in the primavera (as we all know..) so you never know what kind of quality we might have lurking around on our bench; let that be Darmian or whoever comes up ..

Galliani had made it clear that Milan would focus on bringing in those young players into the first team (a UEFA regulation that was passed last yr ..).

I wouldn't say dip in quality, rather to test them out in the first team. And see how they respond. Who knows, u might find a Costacurta or better yet Maldini in there (God knows we need a left back tongue.gif )
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 7 2007, 08:36 AM)
I wouldn't say dip in quality, rather to test them out in the first team. And see how they respond. Who knows, u might find a Costacurta or better yet Maldini in there (God knows we need a left back tongue.gif )

I agree with R7.

I don't think there's a dip in quality, it's just that none of them are given the chance. Big clubs are expected to win 99% of games they play, so they can't afford to keep playing all of these "nobodies". They have to stick with their proven players to get them the wins.

With smaller clubs, this is less of a problem, they aren't expected to win an awful lot and have nothing to lose with their youth players. Which is why small clubs will often end up with a real young star. Something big clubs have, they just can't risk it.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 7 2007, 03:06 AM)
They will get their chances, there is still the Coppa and several other opportunities that they can play in.

like?

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 7 2007, 11:36 AM)
Galliani had made it clear that Milan would focus on bringing in those young players into the first team (a UEFA regulation that was passed last yr ..).

Since when has Galliani become a man on whose words you can trust in? And we already have in our team the two youth products that the new rule requires... it's Oddo and Brocchi!! wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 7 2007, 03:28 PM)
like?
Since when has Galliani become a man on whose words you can trust in? And we already have in our team the two youth products that the new rule requires... it's Oddo and Brocchi!! wink.gif

Like when it is march and we have a injury crisis (for sake of example) rolleyes.gif

Galliani ?! Where is he gonna find Milan youth products in 3 years time. Broochi is already 32 and is finding less and less of playing time. Oddo is someone I find difficult to see him play on for more than 3 more years. They did Maldini, Costacurta, etc I don't see why they can't give others a chance ..
Rossoneri7
Gazzetta dello Sport reports, this morning, that the President of Galatasaray was at Via Turati to negotiate with the Milan management over the transferof Dario Simic. He is currently followed by two English teams and Lazio.

Looks like this is the end of the road for him, Gluck Dario !
Fillipo Simone
^ Well, the same thing supposed to happen last year but he stayed. Only difference is that now he is a official bench player in the NT thanks to this season's involment, so...he could be out. I wouldn't recommend it, but if Carlo does the same with him like this season there's no alternative..
nuh
we need to sell him to get more money for other great players.
But i don't care who we buy anymore i just care if he is class...if the player we buy is class then thank you and welcome to milan....but if he rubbish then no thnx and go out from where u came from buddy !
whoarethepatriots
I guess if he gets sold we can bring in Canini or promote a Primavera player (Darmian possibly? or maybe a recall for Marzoratti who has played well for Italy U23)
morgoth
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 29 2008, 03:49 PM)
I guess if he gets sold we can bring in Canini or promote a Primavera player (Darmian possibly? or maybe a recall for Marzoratti who has played well for Italy U23)

Come on Marzoratti isn't even a starter for the U23!
whoarethepatriots
He has played over half the games in Toulon
Tennie
And started in the more recent U21s. He's got the #5 jersey too -- which to me indicates he's considered a regular.
morgoth
Numbers don't mean anything! De Rossi got the number 10, does that mean that he's a playmaker?

I saw Marzoratti played one full game in Toulon it was against Turkey (don't know if he played against the U.S.), but he didn't play the semi final and I'm pretty sure he won't play the final, we'll see tonight ...
whoarethepatriots
Paloschi wasnt a regular for the Primavera's yet he has made a semi breakthrough for the seniors

Just because Lino isnt being picked regularly dosent make him any less of a player. After all Del Piero dosent play much for the Azzurri dosent mean he is a worthless player

Lino made his debut back in 2005, surely he must have some talent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.