Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Portman

FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007

Official website: http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html

From June 30, 2007 to July 22, 2007

All talk here!
Portman
65' Korea 1-1 USA

Adu playing. Nice match until now.
Portman

FT: Korea 1-1 USA

And with the Brazil 0-1 Poland, it's the European side who leads the group

Alexandre Pato wasn't enough for the Polish.
bigmacmtl
yeah i was at the game biggrin.gif so happy poland won...
and i saw first half of USA/KOREA (awesome match, korae was all over the americans) ... man the whole stadium was rocking ... pato was not good at alll. well the brazilian forwards in general din't do anything really.
bigmacmtl
most of the crowd was for brazil but i tell you the polaks were pretty loud, and i'm happy brazil was put in her place. I missed the red, in fact i dint even know what happened cuz we had problems with our seets at that time
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 30 2007, 05:22 PM)
65' Korea 1-1 USA

Adu playing. Nice match until now.

man korea should have scored 3-4 goals in the first half ...
Portman
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jul 1 2007, 12:26 AM)
most of the crowd was for brazil but i tell you the polaks were pretty loud, and i'm happy brazil was put in her place. I missed the red, in fact i dint even know what happened cuz we had problems with our seets at that time

Lucky guy... a World Cup in your country. It's u-20 but still... a World Cup. cool.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 30 2007, 06:56 PM)
Lucky guy... a World Cup in your country. It's u-20 but still... a World Cup.  cool.gif

ya i'm reallly happy, i got a special deal ( i paid 10$ for gooood seets in the lower section of the stadium but behind the goal). i'm also going to the games on tuesday. i've been representing italy and milan by wearing the jerseys and flags biggrin.gif actually i saw lots of milan fans today and around 5k of the 55k that went to the game were italians with jerseys on. in the last minte when all the brazil fans were chanting brazil on for a goal. i got up and with my milan flag and and screamed some milan chants laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif a lot of them were surprised and stopped chanting laugh.gif laugh.gif
bigmacmtl
canada was ***** by chile 3-0 laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
I dont know if anyone got a chance to watch the Equador - Mexico game .. But though they lost, Equador were brilliant. They deserved at least a draw
bigmacmtl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Cq0fu21Zg
crowd during the USA vs. Korea
Portman
Portugal playing New-Zealand.

The best player out there (that generation) is the LW - Fabio Coentrao, although he can play as SS or ST. Really good. Benfica signed him 2 or 3 months ago.
Warchant
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jul 2 2007, 12:01 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Cq0fu21Zg
crowd during the USA vs. Korea

this is pissing me off because i don't have cable at my new house yet so i'm missing all of the matches...but i heard the crowd was insane during this match.

this is the strongest U-20 squad the US has ever sent, and for some reason that couldn't freakin beat Korea. *sigh*

at least brazil lost as well...we should've won this game...korea did have a lot of chances in the 2nd half, but we should've played a lot better.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 2 2007, 01:25 PM)
Portugal playing New-Zealand.

The best player out there (that generation) is the LW - Fabio Coentrao, although he can play as SS or ST. Really good. Benfica signed him 2 or 3 months ago.

portugal in the lead, i'm wacting it on TV. beautiful free kick from outside in the box (top corner).
Tennie
Agreed. That was a very pretty free kick.
Portman
It was ok. We deserve the lead.

Bruno Gama. He's from FCPorto, on loan to Braga if I'm not mistaken.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 2 2007, 01:47 PM)
this is pissing me off because i don't have cable at my new house yet so i'm missing all of the matches...but i heard the crowd was insane during this match.

this is the strongest U-20 squad the US has ever sent, and for some reason that couldn't freakin beat Korea. *sigh*

at least brazil lost as well...we should've won this game...korea did have a lot of chances in the 2nd half, but we should've played a lot better.

i dunno man, korea was playing so well. fluid passing, lots of movement they deserved to win by 2-3 goals easily. but ya it was impossible to hear the person next to you.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 2 2007, 02:09 PM)
It was ok. We deserve the lead.

Bruno Gama. He's from FCPorto, on loan to Braga if I'm not mistaken.

great build up for the 2nd... hahaha i've never seen a penalty given so late after the challenge. that was like 6-7 seconds after LOL
Portman
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jul 2 2007, 08:34 PM)
great build up for the 2nd... hahaha i've never seen a penalty given so late after the challenge. that was like 6-7 seconds after LOL

y. I've noticed that. biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
Great win for portugal. I really like portugal's goalkeeper. That guy is constantly focused and alert. We should buy gama biggrin.gif, j/k
jefri91
How can i get tickets?? Im going back to Montreal in the summer and i heard Brazil are going to play there. ANYONE PLEASE HELP
dst
That was the first game of this competition I watched.

LOL! What was wrong with the field?? That's not for football, it's for cows to graze!! laugh.gif

Anyway, the Portuguese were much better and deserved the win! Made some really great plays.

Antunes looked good again (like in the U21). I really liked Pele #8! Good technique, power and intelligent space covering! I really like him! What do you know about him, Porty? Portugal's back 4 all suck though... it's sad for a tackle-happy guy like me to see that! sad.gif

And I already hate Fabio Coentrao! biggrin.gif He's a diver (well, who isn't) and he's got a sick attitude!! Very good technique but what ever happened to the essence of the game!?? rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 2 2007, 03:33 PM)
That was the first game of this competition I watched.

LOL! What was wrong with the field?? That's not for football, it's for cows to graze!! laugh.gif

Anyway, the Portuguese were much better and deserved the win! Made some really great plays.

Antunes looked good again (like in the U21). I really liked Pele #8! Good technique, power and intelligent space covering! I really like him! What do you know about him, Porty? Portugal's back 4 all suck though... it's sad for a tackle-happy guy like me to see that! sad.gif

And I already hate Fabio Coentrao! biggrin.gif  He's a diver (well, who isn't) and he's got a sick attitude!! Very good technique but what ever happened to the essence of the game!?? rolleyes.gif

i dunno the turnout in toronto was nothing special, and ya they're using astro turf lol.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 2 2007, 09:33 PM)

And I already hate Fabio Coentrao! biggrin.gif  He's a diver (well, who isn't) and he's got a sick attitude!! Very good technique but what ever happened to the essence of the game!?? rolleyes.gif

Pele is from V.Guimaraes I think. Yeah good player. He's about 30 yo I believe, although he says he's 20 or so. laugh.gif

Yup. Our defence suck. Next game vs. Mexico we're gonna be r*ped by Giovani and Vela.

You hate Coentrao? The best player from his generation + a player from yours Benfica? laugh.gif
I don't think he's a diver, honestly. Not even close to the master-Deco on that.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Jul 2 2007, 03:29 PM)
How can i get tickets?? Im going back to Montreal in the summer and i heard Brazil are going to play there. ANYONE PLEASE HELP

haha well ur gonna have to get hear fast cuz the 2nd brazil game is tomorrow 7:45 pm Eastern, but theres also a few other matches here. you can buy tickets off this site:

http://www.admission.com/html/venue.htmI?&...IFA&sys=28&l=EN
bigmacmtl
oops DB
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 2 2007, 11:50 PM)
Pele is from V.Guimaraes I think. Yeah good player. He's about 30 yo I believe, although he says he's 20 or so.  laugh.gif

A brother of Martins maybe!?? laugh.gif

How old is he really?

QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 2 2007, 11:50 PM)
Not even close to the master-Deco on that.

Of course not! Deco is the King! king.gif tongue.gif Fabio made a very good "hit-by-the-sniper dive" today... not an Oscar-winner but still! biggrin.gif

But I don't like Bimbo Coentrao!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 2 2007, 10:17 PM)
A brother of Martins maybe!?? laugh.gif

How old is he really?

Yeah... Oba "I am 22" Martins. laugh.gif

Pele is 20. Born in 87.
dst
If he's really 20 then he's very good! If he's 30 then... in a couple of years we might even sign him! biggrin.gif
jefri91
yo guys what match should i watch???
http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/destination/ci...3638/index.html

Im probably going to watch the quarter final. but im afraid the teams are going to be not that good. also can i even buy the quarter final tickets even though the teams havnt been set??
jefri91
btw im in another country now but im coming to montreal tomorrow
jefri91
my friend went to this game. http://youtube.com/watch?v=EocrtQY98B4
how the hell did brazil lose?? they had 14 shots and like 63% possesion
and poland had 2 shots !!
Portman
32' USA 2-1 Poland

Go Bush! cool.gif
Portman
3-1 for USA at the break. 3 great goals. 2 by Adu.
Warchant
at least 1 US team is playing good

nice to see them rebound after the korea game

especially against a team that beat brazil
Portman
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 3 2007, 11:06 PM)
at least 1 US team is playing good

nice to see them rebound after the korea game

especially against a team that beat brazil

U-20 World Cup > Copa America > Gold Cup

So it's fine for you. cool.gif
Portman
5-1 USA. rolleyes.gif

Brazil and Pato's play at 00.45 GMT, Eurosport 2 or http://www.fifa.com/ stream.
kurtsimonw
Jesus, that's quite the score line.
Rossoneri7
What a USA !!

The ref should have just blown the whistle at the 4th goal !

Bravo
Portman
It's 6! 6-1. rolleyes.gif
Adu hat-trick.

Adu for President of Georgia! laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 4 2007, 01:36 AM)
The ref should have just blown the whistle at the 4th goal !

Why? Do you like it... soft-core!??? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Tennie
*squint* Good lord. You're quite sure its the USA team winning by that much? (I'm getting the game on tape delay and just boggling at the score.)
kurtsimonw
Adu's going to 'tear it up' at the next World Cup. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 4 2007, 01:46 AM)
Why? Do you like it... soft-core!???  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

Kamasutra is what I like biggrin.gif

soft-core ?! Too dull tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 4 2007, 01:55 AM)
Kamasutra is what I like biggrin.gif

soft-core ?! Too dull tongue.gif

Then let the... "ref" play on... you really think this is a tournament for ducks!?? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Tennie
You guys are getting kinky again. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 4 2007, 01:57 AM)
Then let the... "ref" play on... you really think this is a tournament for ducks!?? rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

I think it is more in line with rabbits than ducks biggrin.gif
jefri91
what channel do these matches come on... cant find it. Also if I go to Quarter Final match inshallah . Then ill try getting with me a Milan flag !!! altough its going to take alot of energy which i dont have XD
Tennie
In the US, the matches are being shown on Fox Sports en Espanol. I imagine that the CBC is showing the games in Canada.
arivanjj
Pato playing nicely against Korea

0 - 0 -- 10'min
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.