Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milanesi fight for Maresca
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Milan and Inter could clash in the transfer market again as they both try to lure Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca.

The two city rivals have reportedly made contact with the Spanish side in the hope of negotiating a deal for the 27-year-old.

Having started his career in Milan’s youth side, Maresca made his full senior debut for West Bromwich Albion before returning to Juventus in 2000.

However, he failed to cement a regular place in the side and after three co-ownership deals was sold to Sevilla for just £1.7m.

Unlike several other Italian exports, Maresca has thrived in Spain and is a fans’ favourite at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

Inter’s offer is allegedly greater than Milan’s, with a figure of around £5.3m being suggested, but sources say that Sevilla won’t be satisfied with anything less than £7m.

After Milan’s controversial attempt to snatch David Suazo away from Inter at the 11th hour, both sides remain tight-lipped over their bids.

I like him! He can sub Gatto perfectly... he should come and Brocchi should go! If we really want a great squad, and not just a great XI that is... rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 28 2007, 03:50 PM)
I like him! He can sub Gatto perfectly... he should come and Brocchi should go! If we really want a great squad, and not just a great XI that is...  rolleyes.gif

Agree,...also, he can score... wink.gif
HasanHasanly
As dst said, if we want a great 11, then we dont need another midfield, but if we want great squad, then we should get him smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I'd like to see him at Milan. But £7m?

Either Sevilla have gone mad or they've forgotten who Maresca is, he's worth a hell of alot more than that.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2007, 06:12 PM)
Either Sevilla have gone mad or they've forgotten who Maresca is, he's worth a hell of alot more than that.

I don't think he's worth much more than E10m.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 28 2007, 03:14 PM)
I don't think he's worth much more than E10m.

I see him as the stand out midfielder (Yes, better than Poulsen. tongue.gif ). And when you look at the prices some people have gone for recently (Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani, Anderson) E10m is a joke.

Anyways, I'm not complaining, if Milan get him cheap that's great news.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2007, 06:18 PM)
Hargreaves, Carrick, Nani, Anderson

Why am I not surprised these are Manchester/EPL signings?? If the business world moved the Premiership way we would have gone mad! Especially when it comes to internal transfers the EPL is easily the most extravagant league! Hell, Arsenal got 16 year old Walcott for E17M!! laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
It makes it even worse that we don't work in Euro's. So it sounds alot more.

Carrick from Spurs to United was £18.6m which is over E25m. That's insane! I'm not bothered though, United could spend £100m on a pigeon for all I care. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.