I like Drogba better.
Portman
Drogba is 29. Eto'o is 26.

Saying that... Eto'o without a doubt.
arivanjj
Eto'

Drogba wouldn't be that bad either!
Captain Ambro
I like Drogba better and I think he would adapt better to Milan, but as Porty said, Eto'o is quite younger, which of course gives him an advantage. Hard choice, but if I could choose I would take Didier.
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 28 2007, 12:46 PM)
Eto'

Drogba wouldn't be that bad either!

The big advantage that Drogba have is his physical presence, not only in the attack but in the defence too (like he does in Chelsea). I mean... 1,88m.

Eto'o is 1,80m and younger. Quicker? I don't know. Didier is pretty quick too.
Tennie
I don't have a strong preference one way or the other between the two.

Goal.com's Italian version is running a story about Drogba being a Milan target. The headline is...amusing: "Ai uont Itali". biggrin.gif
maldini03
If everything we read was true Milan would have to buy about 24players and counting wink.gif biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
I`m pro-Drogba...
misha
Eto'o.
Rossoneri7
Drogba wink.gif
LaPalma
Drogba smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
Premiership - Drogba future still in doubt
Eurosport - Sat, 30 Jun 07:24:00 2007
Didier Drogba has refused to commit himself to Chelsea, saying he will make a decision on his future when he returns from holiday.

The Ivory Coast international recently said he is at the last big turning point in his career, and appears no closer to pledging his future to the club.

"You want to know if I will still return to Chelsea? I will reply to that when I am ready. For now I am having a deserved vacation," said Drogba.

"I love the English league and may not be in a hurry to leave England. But it's difficult to really predict what I want to do in the next week."

Earlier this month, the 29-year-old said he would like to play in Spain or Italy before the end of his career.

Drogba was Chelsea's key player last season, playing nearly 60 games and scoring 33 times, but his latest comments are a clear indication he is not entirely happy at Stamford Bridge.

"I have been working hard and would love to win the Champions League with Chelsea. But, for now, let's just wait and see," he said.
kurtsimonw
Good. Drogba > Eto'o. cool.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 30 2007, 09:50 AM)
Good. Drogba > Eto'o.  cool.gif

Yeah, lets make our offer, Chelsea would probably accept,... cool.gif
Bluesummers
Eto !!!!! Drogba!!!!!! NO WAY! Comon guys we gotta go for the real deal. He's 31. He's white. He's slow. He can't speak english for sh!t. He's our all time highest scorer + his wife is sexy. no drogba or eto can match up to that, + eto and drogba will make our team stacked and make inter cry and they might just leave serie A forever, we wouldn't want to do that now would we tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 2 2007, 09:17 PM)
He's white

unsure.gif
dst
Bluesummers is talking about Sheva (I think). He's isn't our all-time top scorer though! That's Gunnar Nordahl! cool.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 2 2007, 09:38 PM)
Bluesummers is talking about Sheva (I think). He's isn't our all-time top scorer though! That's Gunnar Nordahl! cool.gif

I know that he is talking about Sheva, but the fact that he is white doesn`t mean anything,...
dst
Probably said it to heighten the difference between Sheva and Drogba, Eto'o... unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
I hope so,.. rolleyes.gif
Bluesummers
LOL sorry guys no mean for racism, i was just joking around. I didn't even understand when you said white. I know nordahl is our highest scorer, but i should have said recent highest scorer because thats what i meant sorry all. No racism or false facts intended.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 3 2007, 07:54 AM)
LOL sorry guys no mean for racism, i was just joking around.  I didn't even understand when you said white.  I know nordahl is our highest scorer, but i should have said recent highest scorer because thats what i meant sorry all.  No racism or false facts intended.

No harm done,...I understand your points,.. wink.gif
shevchenko_007
When i heard about our atempt at getting eto'o i was pretty excited, i would love to see him play for us as we could use his pace for quicker attacks, but i cant seeing him leaving barca.
I hate drogba at chelsea, but he is a good player and i used to like him when he was at marseille, so i would like him to play for us.
Fillipo Simone
Furious Drogba To Follow Mourinho Out Of Chelsea
The fall-out from Jose Mourinho's shock departure from Chelsea has begun, with an emotional Didier Drogba vowing to follow the Special One out of Stamford Bridge...

Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba is reportedly "furious and upset" that Chelsea have parted company with mnanager Jose Mourinho, and is determined to follow the Portuguese tactician out of Stamford Bridge.

Drogba, 29, was reportedly in tears as Mourinho said goodbye to the players yesterday at Chelsea's training ground.

And he is now planning to ask for a transfer, according to The Sun.

A friend of Drogba's told the newspaper: “Didier is absolutely furious with Chelsea and cannot believe they would sack Mourinho like this.

"He looked on Jose as his mentor and does not know that he can achieve his best form for Chelsea under another coach.

“It will take a few weeks yet before he’s fit to play but it’s a matter of when and not if that he’ll leave the club.”

Drogba was Chelsea's leading scorer last season with 33 goals.

The Sun claims that AC Milan monitored Drogba's availability in the summer and would be prepared to pay £25 million to take him to the San Siro.

The newspaper adds that Drogba’s close friend, Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien, is also upset by the dramatic developments at Chelsea this week, while Frank Lampard, described by The Sun as "Mourinho’s most trusted on-field general," has only 21 months left on his current contract and has stalled on negotiating a new one.

Lampard has persistently been linked with interest from Barcelona and Juventus.

Portuguese stars Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira, who were with Mourinho at Porto and followed him to London, could also be pondering their futures as Chelsea players.

Meanwhile, Mourinho himself said on Portuguese TV last night: “I’ll take my time and relax after what happened.

“I’ve worked hard the last few years. I’m not going to rush into a new job.”

Here we go again. Just wait for a few hours/days and we'll get a "Drogba to Milan" rumour. Still, if this option now opened, we should grab it. Drogba is great, and has more potential with us,.. cool.gif Would be on mutual benefit.
Jack Sparrow
Is he a second striker??
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 22 2007, 03:43 AM)
Is he a second striker??

No. But still more complete than Inzaghi and Gila. And more physical.
Zed.D
Drogba, without any hesitation.

Eto'o never got back to the player he used to be before getting injured in Bremen game.
Rossoneri7
I wouldn't say no to Drogba king.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 22 2007, 10:43 AM)
Is he a second striker??

No, but it doesn't matter,..Drogba would fit into our system,..
Portman
Drogba's is Milan age and not as c*nt as Eto'o.
whoarethepatriots
Drogba, he would it into our system well, is a better team player and would work well for our dressing room harmony, becuase he dosent have a massive ego like Eto'o
misha
I don't want Drogba here. He's just a whining b!tch. He has a contract (a big one), he's a professional and guess what, thing like this happened in football. But he's moaning just because his beloved coach left. What if he gets too attached to Carlo and then do the same in a year or two when Carlo leaves for the NT? If he request to leave in January, in Roman's place I would throw him to the stands for a year.
Fillipo Simone
12/10/2007 00:01

Drogba's Agent Confirms Interest From Europe's Elite

According to Didier Drogba’s agent, there has been plenty of recent interest regarding his services from some of the top clubs in Europe.

Confirming what we thought all along, Etienne Mendy, Drogba’s representative has stated that the talents of the Ivorian international have attracted interest from the continent.

Drogba is thought to be the player most affected by the departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea last month. The striker was particularly close to the manager, having been brought into the club in 2004 by the Special One.

The departure of Mourinho has sent tremors around the footballing world, with star names such as Frank Lampard and Michael Ballack rumoured to be out of Stamford Bridge in January.

Drogba’s name has also been mentioned, not helped perhaps by his comments in the summer, the 29-year-old stating that he would like to play for another club before the end of his career.

With his mentor now gone, Drogba could see this as the perfect time to call it a day in England, with plenty of clubs lining up to capture the talisman.

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and AC Milan are all said to have expressed an interest in the goal machine, and today his agent confirmed that there has been contact with clubs regarding Drogba’s future. However Mendy also stated that for now, Drogba would focus on commitments with Chelsea.

"Drogba is a player who is very desirable and I have received calls from some European clubs about the situation," Etienne Mendy told the Daily Mirror.

"The key question now is for Didi to work for Chelsea after the blow.

"But he and the team must score many goals to recuperate their confidence."

Of course clubs expressing their interest is not a new concept and does not necessarily imply that Drogba would be out in January. Or does it?[/B]

We need him and he would do only great for our team. Would be my top priority..
Tennie
[Didier Drogba looks at his future and sees something other than Chelsea: 'Real Madrid and Milan? They're clubs with great historical traditions that any player would be interested in,' stated the Ivorian to the Spanish press.]

Sounds like a come-and-get-me plea.

Didier Drogba guarda nel suo futuro e vede oltre il Chelsea: "Il Real Madrid e il Milan? Sono squadre dalla grande tradizione storica, di quelle che possono interessare a qualsiasi giocatore" ha dichiarato l'ivoriano alla stampa spagnola

link
kurtsimonw
I do have worries about Drogba as a possible signing.

Since he joined Marseille, he's struggled to be a 'goal machine'. He had one good year at Chelsea, of 3, and had a good year at Marseille. In a way he's not really proven, a bit inconsistant.

We complain about Gila, but in Didier's first two seasons at Chelsea he scored 10 and 12 goals. Not a fantastic return on a £24m man is it? It worries me, but I'd still have him. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2007, 01:39 PM)
I do have worries about Drogba as a possible signing.

Since he joined Marseille, he's struggled to be a 'goal machine'. He had one good year at Chelsea, of 3, and had a good year at Marseille. In a way he's not really proven, a bit inconsistant.

We complain about Gila, but in Didier's first two seasons at Chelsea he scored 10 and 12 goals. Not a fantastic return on a £24m man is it? It worries me, but I'd still have him.  tongue.gif

Yet, every time I see Chelsea play good (especially the CL) and winning against big teams, Drogba is involved and scores. That's the key referrence that gives him importance.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 12 2007, 02:11 PM)
Yet, every time I see Chelsea play good (especially the CL) and winning against big teams, Drogba is involved and scores. That's the key referrence that gives him importance.

That's a problem, right there. He does do well against big teams, we need a guy that will score against anyone, big or small. He has a Milan qualiy in that when they play a small team, he doesn't care. We need someone that does!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2007, 04:08 PM)
That's a problem, right there. He does do well against big teams, we need a guy that will score against anyone, big or small. He has a Milan qualiy in that when they play a small team, he doesn't care. We need someone that does!

Pato (cares for every match cause he needs affirmation)+Gilardino (scores against smaller teams)+Drogba (scores for the big matches)=perfect attack. Plus Superpippo.

And I really think Drogba has the potential and Milan is the club were he can show it, more then in Chelsea. Drogba is doing better in the CL then EPL. But so did Crespo for Chelsea also.
Zed.D
Eto'o is finished imo! he seems to struggle more than usual when he comes back from injuries and he's starting to look injury-prone at just 26-27.

Personally I see Drogba as the ideal option.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 12 2007, 06:31 PM)
Eto'o is finished imo! he seems to struggle more than usual when he comes back from injuries and he's starting to look injury-prone at just 26-27.

Personally I see Drogba as the ideal option.

Hardly finished ... He has a VERY bright future ahead of him. These injuries are a problem, but I mean look at Pippo, Henry, etc they get injured for a long time, but come back even stronger and still have the same class. He is far from over
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 13 2007, 01:01 AM)
Hardly finished ... He has a VERY bright future ahead of him. These injuries are a problem, but I mean look at Pippo, Henry, etc they get injured for a long time, but come back even stronger and still have the same class. He is far from over

Pippo was only injured at 31 and Henry (except for last season) is only out of 3 weeks not 3 months... it's not the same as with Eto'o. Of course that doesn't mean he's finished!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 13 2007, 01:31 AM)

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 13 2007, 12:38 PM)
Pippo was only injured at 31 and Henry (except for last season) is only out of 3 weeks not 3 months... it's not the same as with Eto'o. Of course that doesn't mean he's finished!

Something inside tells me Eto'o will not be able to repeat the extraordinary form he had before his first injury (which he sustained in Bremen game). he may become a "good" striker again, but 2005/2006's Eto'o? I don't think so...

I might be wrong, so might you! wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 13 2007, 12:59 PM)
Something inside tells me Eto'o will not be able to repeat the extraordinary form he had before his first injury (which he sustained in Bremen game). he may become a "good" striker again, but 2005/2006's Eto'o? I don't think so...

I might be wrong, so might you!  wink.gif

If he manages to avoid any such long injuries again then he will be great again. But I think injuries will haunt him...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 13 2007, 12:08 PM)

For Pippo a (give or take) 2 yr injury @ 31 is supposed to mean the end of his career !!

What I am trying to say is, Eto'o isn't finished and he isn't an injury prone player, these African player's bodies are strongly built. They rarely get injured.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.