Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torres
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
Rosso
Guys it looks like we might have signed Torres. Atletico is ready to let him go. I mean did anyone read the papers today.... it's easy to figure out. Our agents have made a tempting offer I assume.

But i hope Arsenal will not get in the way...
Portman
I'd say that at the moment... he's a done deal for Liverpool.

Latest reports in Spain all pointing in that way. Just a question of time.
dst
We might have signed Torres?? huh.gif

Where does this come from? Are you sure? As Porty said, it looks like he's going Liverpool...

Anyways... we should have signed him three years ago, when we had the chance! sad.gif
LaPalma
Ahem...source? Since no website or anything else (not even trialfootball) has a news about it and don't believe a word.
Milan Are Brilliant
It's pretty much a done deal that he's going to Liverpool, like everyone else says.
maldini03
It would be my ultimate dream to bring him( him and pazzini) i loooove torres like the way he plays devil.gif
fresh_prince7
I've also seen nothing on this..

I guess from speculation, we did send abbiati there and possibly could offer oli to make the move more feasible. Its the sort of transfer I'm expecting if we make a big one, no links or rumours and just straight up official. Last I read liverpool were having some difficulties with what athletico are asking.
Jack Sparrow
I agree with fresh_prince, we might be setting things up here.

So here's the low down with Liverpool. Atletico want 27 mill for Torres. Liverpool think it's too steep.(???) So now Atletico are asking for Crouch in exchange. Which is the cause for all these hiccups.

Milan have already agreed to give Atletico Madrid, Abbiati on a season long loan deal where he'll compete with Leo Franco(no contest) and we might also concede Oli to A.Madrid, a proven talented goal scorer in Spain.

In return we get Torres for a reduced fee. And A.Madrid save up enough cash to buy Forlan and Riquelme as well, who are their main targets for the summer.
kurtsimonw
Liverpool will pay up, big clubs ALWAYS say they aren't prepared to pay the full amount, to test the strength of the other team.

Sometimes they give in and sell at a cheaper price. Others, like Athletico, stand their ground and eventually get the money they want. He will be at Liverpool next season.
Rossoneri7
Garcia: Atletico Always In My Thoughts

Liverpool midfielder Luis Garcia has suggested that he could be interested in a move to Atletico Madrid.

As the Reds attempt to move mountains in order to tempt Atletico to sell Fernando Torres, there has been talk of Luis Garcia moving in the opposite direction.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is thought to be reluctant to part with the former Barcelona ace but may be persuaded if it means obtaining his main object of desire.

"Liverpool are in my thoughts at the moment, but one day I would like to come back, and not to Barcelona, but to Atletico Madrid, who are always in my thoughts," Garcia told Spanish television.

Talks over a potential £25million move for Torres have taken place between officials from both clubs.

Torres is said to be considering his future at the club, while some Atletico supporters have already made their displeasure known at the possible transfer.

Earlier in the week, fans staged a protest in a Madrid square against the sale of the 23 year-old.

The unrest may force the delay of any deal at least until Torres returns from holiday on July 10.

Goal.com

So Torres is even closer to Liverpool, than when I first suspected rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2007, 09:08 AM)
I agree with fresh_prince, we might be setting things up here.

So here's the low down with Liverpool. Atletico want 27 mill for Torres. Liverpool think it's too steep.(???) So now Atletico are asking for Crouch in exchange. Which is the cause for all these hiccups.

Milan have already agreed to give Atletico Madrid, Abbiati on a season long loan deal where he'll compete with Leo Franco(no contest) and we might also concede Oli to A.Madrid, a proven talented goal scorer in Spain.

In return we get Torres for a reduced fee. And A.Madrid save up enough cash to buy Forlan and Riquelme as well, who are their main targets for the summer.

Your imagination > *. rolleyes.gif

This thread was started WITHOUT a rumour.
misha
Liverpool Seal Torres Deal - Report sad.gif

Atletico Madrid have reportedly agreed terms with Liverpool over the transfer of Fernando Torres.

Telemadrid have claimed that an agreement has finally been reached over the transfer of the promising Atletico Madrid striker.

Liverpool will hand over Luis Garcia and 32 million euros to Atletico Madrid, the deal being worth close to the 40 million clause Torres has written into his contract.

Atletico Madrid are also insisting on a right to first refusal should the Reds decide to sell him later on, which Liverpool have agreed to.

All that remains is for the player to give his nod to the contract being offered.

The report does come as a surprise, as only this morning, Atletico Madrid had insisted that there was nothing to the rumours following protests from fans yesterday...

Goal.com
Zed.D
Well, Torres is out of our shopping list, too.

Who else remains? I think we should go after Fred.
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 29 2007, 04:33 PM)
Liverpool Seal Torres Deal - Report sad.gif

Atletico Madrid have reportedly agreed terms with Liverpool over the transfer of Fernando Torres.

Telemadrid have claimed that an agreement has finally been reached over the transfer of the promising Atletico Madrid striker.

Liverpool will hand over Luis Garcia and 32 million euros to Atletico Madrid, the deal being worth close to the 40 million clause Torres has written into his contract.

Atletico Madrid are also insisting on a right to first refusal should the Reds decide to sell him later on, which Liverpool have agreed to.

All that remains is for the player to give his nod to the contract being offered.

The report does come as a surprise, as only this morning, Atletico Madrid had insisted that there was nothing to the rumours following protests from fans yesterday...

Goal.com

Not that GOAL.com is the most reliable web. But yes, it seems like almost a done deal. In Spain every paper and radio are saying the same.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 29 2007, 04:26 PM)
Not that GOAL.com is the most reliable web. But yes, it seems like almost a done deal. In Spain every paper and radio are saying the same.

Same in England, too.

And I'm going to get to see his debut in person. cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 29 2007, 07:26 PM)

Now they need a RB (Alves?) and two attacking midfielders (Benayoun? Malouda?)
Fillipo Simone
Premiership - Benitez admits - "We want Torres"
Eurosport - Fri, 29 Jun 17:42:00 2007
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has admitted for the first time that the club want to sign Fernando Torres.

More StoriesPremiership transfer latest
The Atletico Madrid captain has reportedly been the subject of a £27 million player-plus-cash deal sending Luis Garcia the other way.

"All I can say is that Fernando Torres is one of the players we have looked at," said Benitez.

Despite being frustrated in the transfer market - reportedly by the lack of ambition shown by Liverpool's new American owners - Benitez said he was optimistic progress would soon be made.

"You must always be excited at the start of a new season," he said.

"You must also have confidence in your team and hopefully we will soon bring in the new players that we want to make the squad better.

"We are working on new signings all the time. As I've already said, the spine of the team is in place and now we just need to add to that."
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 29 2007, 06:40 PM)
Now they need a RB (Alves?) and two attacking midfielders (Benayoun? Malouda?)

-Alves seems to be on his way to Madrid. A Liverpool scout said he isn't on their Summer list.
-Malouda... told Lyon's President that he only wants Chelsea and to play with Drogba, etc. Lyon is just playing hard ball.
-Benayoun? Big possibility if L.Garcia leaves to Atletico.
sansiro1708
wtf i just read the merda offerd 27millon pounds for TORRES omg if they get him(mad) WE NEED TO GET SOMEONE THATS REALLY A SUPERSTAR I DONT KNOW SOMEONE LIKE BOB MARLEY to compare to the merda's strikers....thanxs god is the merda=4ever failure
gees theyre are really scared for next season
Portman
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Jul 2 2007, 06:37 AM)
wtf  i just read the merda offerd 27millon pounds for TORRES  omg if they get him(mad)    WE NEED TO GET SOMEONE THATS REALLY A SUPERSTAR I DONT KNOW SOMEONE LIKE BOB MARLEY to compare to the merda's strikers....thanxs god is the merda=4ever failure

They offered big money for F.Torres but it was last week. The spanish international refused. He already agreed to go to Liverpool.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Jul 2 2007, 05:37 AM)

I don't think they're scared at all.

They're being very clever. Buy all great players now, while you're at the top. If they were to have a bad season next year, less players would want to go there, but if they get them now, failure or not next season, they will still have them.
IoRDanCHo
Don't want that punk *** mothefucker! He is worse that Gilla! Can't play a bit! A lousy copy of a football player! Go and destroy L'pool sucka'!!!
Portman
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 2 2007, 09:48 PM)
Don't want that punk *** mothefucker! He is worse that Gilla! Can't play a bit! A lousy copy of a football player! Go and destroy L'pool sucka'!!!

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

Talkin' about Galliani or Braida? laugh.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 2 2007, 02:51 PM)
huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif

Talkin' about Galliani or Braida?  laugh.gif

LMFAO. laugh.gif
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 2 2007, 08:51 PM)
huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif

Talkin' about Galliani or Braida?  laugh.gif

You know who i am talikn about, but Galliani and Braida are in the list too! devil.gif

P.S. Torres is an awful striker, really! I am very happy that he's in L'pool now! king.gif
Portman
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 01:27 AM)
You know who i am talikn about, but Galliani and Braida are in the list too! devil.gif

P.S. Torres is an awful striker, really! I am very happy that he's in L'pool now! king.gif

Hum, really think that? A young lad that scored 80 goals in 200 matches in a team like Atletico Madrid? First team player since he's 18 and captain at 19?

#9 of the Spanish NT, first team along with David Villa upfront.
Now he's in a top-team along with top players. Strong, with pace, assisting, nice finish, etc.

Inter tried to get him last week but he refused. biggrin.gif

I think he's a great add not only for Liverpool but for the entire EPL. Time will say.
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 4 2007, 12:34 AM)
Hum, really think that? A young lad that scored 80 goals in 200 matches in a team like Atletico Madrid? First team player since he's 18 and captain at 19?

#9 of the Spanish NT, first team along with David Villa upfront.
Now he's in a top-team along with top players. Strong, with pace, assisting, nice finish, etc.

Inter tried to get him last week but he refused.  biggrin.gif

I think he's a great add not only for Liverpool but for the entire EPL. Time will say.

Our Gilla was great at Parma too, don't forget that!
But how you said, time will show, and you will see i was right wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 01:52 AM)
Our Gilla was great at Parma too, don't forget that!
But how you said, time will show, and you will see i was right wink.gif

It's different. Gilardino is a pure inbox striker. Torres no.

Torres is a foward but that can play the "inbox-role" if it's needed. But usually no. Plus... Gilardino wasn't the captain of a team at 19, nor a first team player at 18. He had 2 good seasons at Parma. Torres had 5 in Atletico.

It's a completely different player. It's like comparing Rooney to Huntelaar.
misha
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 03:27 AM)

O.k, every person has some players that he don't like. Can I ask where's this coming from?

I think 95% here would agree that he's a very good player.
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (mishale @ Jul 4 2007, 01:19 AM)
O.k, every person has some players that he don't like. Can I ask where's this coming from?

I think 95% here would agree that he's a very good player.

Now, Ronney is a player that it's not that i just don't like, but i hate... There is always a player in machester i will hate, so i can continue the tradition not to stand them devil.gif smile.gif

Torres, i don't know, just don't like him... Wait and watch and you'll see i was right wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 04:32 AM)
Torres, i don't know, just don't like him... Wait and watch and you'll see i was right wink.gif

El Nino will prove you wrong sleep.gif
jbryant1
The thing that sucks with Torres is that we talked about this guy coming to Milan for a long time. Such a waste of time for us.

Again we'll have many problems in the future with our club spending.
kurtsimonw
So. IoRDanCHo hates Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Torres and thinks they're all crap.

3 of them are proven to be great players in the Premiership, soon to be 4. Tevez is the odd one out. wink.gif
dst
Torres is a ********* player now, right? Then I wish IoRDanCHo is 100% right!! smile.gif
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 4 2007, 09:05 AM)
So. IoRDanCHo hates Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Torres and thinks they're all crap.

3 of them are proven to be great players in the Premiership, soon to be 4. Tevez is the odd one out.  wink.gif

Are toy kidding me? Lapmard good? Gerard good? Roonet good? Person must be fucking crazy to say that! Wonder Pig is nothing more than a unsuccessful rugby player, who tried his luck in soccer and manchster took him, to have someone who will be fat and ugly to scare the opponents! A fat, ugly motherfucker, who thinks that he is a football star, Pig, please... What did he do in the World Cup? An extremely overrated wild-boar! Lampard and Gerrard, I told you already what they can do! And you will see about Torres! A complete LOOSER, perfect for LOOSERpool!

Don't you dare tell me, and Englishman can play this game, named soccer!
All of them are loosers! Crouch is my favorite from Liverpool!
People say EPL is the best biggrin.gif Don't make me laugh moorons! They don't know what a beautiful game is! They don't know nothing! They rely on the physic of the players and play like rugby players, that's why people think Wonder Pig is good!
They don't have any magic there, only long passes from goalkeeper, to goalkeeper!
Portman
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 04:12 PM)
Are toy kidding me? Lapmard good? Gerard good? Roonet good? Person must be fucking crazy to say that! Wonder Pig is nothing more than a unsuccessful rugby player, who tried his luck in soccer and manchster took him, to have someone who will be fat and ugly to scare the opponents! A fat, ugly motherfucker, who thinks that he is a football star, Pig, please... What did he do in the World Cup? An extremely overrated wild-boar! Lampard and Gerrard, I told you already what they can do! And you will see about Torres! A complete LOOSER, perfect for LOOSERpool!

People say EPL is the best biggrin.gif Don't make me laugh moorons! They don't know what a beautiful game is! They don't know nothing! They rely on the physic of the players and play like rugby players, that's why people think Wonder Pig is good!
They don't have any magic there, only long passes from goalkeeper, to goalkeeper!

OK. You simply hate EPL. Got it. cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 06:12 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
How can anybody like Peter Crouch!!? First of all, he plays for *********... Secondly... Oh, wait! First reason's enough...
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 4 2007, 03:31 PM)
How can anybody like Peter Crouch!!? First of all, he plays for *********... Secondly... Oh, wait! First reason's enough...

If i had to choose one, that wpuld be him wink.gif

I don't hate, i just say things as they are! cool.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jul 4 2007, 03:12 PM)

Are you familiar with the phrase 'Chav'? laugh.gif
kurtsimonw

FIFA is a French acronym, but in English - International Federation of Association Football. Where's the 'soccer' in that!? rolleyes.gif

What did he do in the World Cup? An extremely overrated wild-boar!

Rooney was actually injured during the World Cup. rolleyes.gif

Lampard and Gerrard, I told you already what they can do!

What's that? Lead their teams to Champions League finals rounds on a consistant basis? tongue.gif
Costacurta
I would just interject with my belief that Wayne is a talented young man worthy of his place in any CL team. I tend to be extremely scepticalof the gushings and virtual orgasms English people frequently have over the likes of Terry but I do think Rooney is genuinely good.

As for Torres, good for Liverpool. A waste of a large sum of money. Not worth that much. Might do ok in the premiership as it will suit him relatively well but he's not that great and I'm so relieved he hasnt ended up here where he would have been a disaster. Least we wont have infinite threads about him now and we can focus on some real talent with a hope in hell of coming to the San Siro. he only went to Liverpool because they have a Spanish manager after all. If I was the Spain manager I'd jsut go and watch Liverpool play every week to select my squad. I do find it a real shame when managers cant't look beyond their own countrymen for players. Very narrow-minded and stinks of an inherent arrogancy that is effectively saying, we're all better than you.

Glad things are done on merit at Milan.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Costacurta @ Jul 8 2007, 04:58 AM)
he only went to Liverpool because they have a Spanish manager after all. If I was the Spain manager I'd jsut go and watch Liverpool play every week to select my squad. I do find it a real shame when managers cant't look beyond their own countrymen for players. Very narrow-minded and stinks of an inherent arrogancy that is effectively saying, we're all better than you.

Glad things are done on merit at Milan.

king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Costacurta @ Jul 8 2007, 01:58 AM)
If I was the Spain manager I'd jsut go and watch Liverpool play every week to select my squad. I do find it a real shame when managers cant't look beyond their own countrymen for players. Very narrow-minded and stinks of an inherent arrogancy that is effectively saying, we're all better than you.

Yep. The last English team to reach a Champions League final was United in '99. Arsenal and Liverpool may as well go and play in foreign leagues, it's getting out of hand. rolleyes.gif

Rules NEED to be added to stop this.
Costacurta
Oh yes, Arsenal are a really good exapmple of how its got out of hand. Perhaps we should have a return to the days when only 3 foreign players could play in a CL final and so forth. Perhaps I would accept four or even five today, but at least it would stop the virtual identity destruction that has undergone at some clubs, most notably English.
kurtsimonw
I will be happy if either:

1) There's a limit on how many none British & Irish players can be fielded.
This would keep some sort of identity for the clubs.

OR

2) There's some sort of limit on wages, like an American style salary cap.
Teams can have foreign players, but unless they're average, they'll have to spend big.

About Torres. His price isn't so bad, he's proven in Europe, and scored alot of goals in a top league. When you consider Tevez going to United for £38m, somebody who's done next to nothing in a 'real' league. I'd say Liverpool are getting a bargain.
IoRDanCHo
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/

The a quick look at the pool!

Who will be this year's biggest disappointment?

Bianchi 9% 3762 votes
Eduardo 10% 3873 votes
Hargreaves 15% 6314 votes
Pizarro 16% 6672 votes
Torres 37% 15643 votes
Tuncay 15% 6368 votes

Now, what do my eyes see... Nothing I haven't expected... I'm not the only one who thinks Torres is ****! He's not worth a dolar!
Portman
Quite natural as Torres rejected Chelsea and ManUtd to go for Liverpool.

So United fans trying some revenge in that pool. Alex Ferguson wanted Fernando Torres. For real. The Chelsea situation was last year when they offered a big deal to Fernando but he decided to stay.

I think he'll improve Liverpool. If it's gonna be right now in the first season I dunno but the talent is there. He has all the things he needs to be sucessful in EPL and in Liverpool.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Aug 6 2007, 11:42 PM)
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/

The a quick look at the pool!

Who will be this year's biggest disappointment?

Bianchi  9% 3762 votes
Eduardo  10% 3873 votes
Hargreaves  15% 6314 votes
Pizarro  16% 6672 votes
Torres  37% 15643 votes
Tuncay  15% 6368 votes

Now, what do my eyes see... Nothing I haven't expected... I'm not the only one who thinks Torres is ****! He's not worth a dolar!

He also won the voting on Premier League.com for the best signing. wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 7 2007, 02:01 AM)
He also won the voting on Premier League.com for the best signing.  wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I never read Yahoo's stuff they seem to fabricate things or just re-write other people's stories...

The voting now is saying that Liverpool have a far better chance of winning the Premier League than Chelsea, perhaps Yahoo is another tribal football tongue.gif

Torres will be fairly good, Sheva will have a good season and Darren Bent of Tottenham will be a flop wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.