Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silvio: R10 will never join the club.
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
kurtsimonw
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi says Ronaldinho will never join the club.

Berlusconi has never hidden his admiration for the Barcelona star and would love to bring him to the Giuseppe Meazza.

Milan have previously insisted they would be at the forefront to sign Ronaldinho should Barcelona ever decide to sell him.

However, Berlusconi believes that is unlikely to happen as Barcelona would never sell the Brazilian maestro.

"I've spoken with Barcelona president [Joan] Laporta and he told me that should he sell Ronaldinho, he would have to leave the country," Berlusconi told Sky Italia.

Milan are keen to bring in a new striker this summer and they have been linked with Ronaldinho's team-mate Samuel Eto'o.

Eto'o is adamant he will not be leaving Barcelona, but Berlusconi insists the club will do everything to sign a quality forward.

"We don't give limits to our targets," added Berlusconi. "We hope to find someone who can fit our needs.

"For the moment we expect a lot from Ronaldo. Then we will find a strong player who is not untransferable."

Sky Sports

Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere, I'm beyond tired to have noticed. (Porty may have posted it in Spanish or something?)

Wow, NEVER going to join?
armiss
what is the meaning of

he told me that should he sell Ronaldinho, he would have to leave the country,"

he never leave ?
HasanHasanly
Hey Silvio, what do you mean, "we will buy someone strong who is not untransferable"? Every strong player is untransfarable, you just have to make them an offer they can not reject. All this sounds fishy, Silvio would not give up this fast smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 26 2007, 08:01 AM)
what is the meaning of  
he told me that should he sell Ronaldinho, he would have to leave the country,"
he never leave ?

I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that.

My initial thought was: The fans would kill him for selling R10, therefore he'd have to leave the country. That's all I can think of. unsure.gif

So yeah, he's basically saying he'll never leave.
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 26 2007, 03:08 AM)

My initial thought was: The fans would kill him for selling R10, therefore he'd have to leave the country. That's all I can think of.  unsure.gif

yes, if he sold Ronaldinho there would be riots in the streets of Barcelona
HasanHasanly
Still, i can see R10 joining us in 10 days, and a reporter asking Silvio why he said that the transfer was impossible, and Silvio replying that he likes to joke alot biggrin.gif tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jun 26 2007, 12:06 PM)
Still, i can see R10 joining us in 10 days, and a reporter asking Silvio why he said that the transfer was impossible, and Silvio replying that he likes to joke alot biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I think if one had to absolutely go between Eto'o & R10, Barca would let Eto'o go. R10 is like their Kaka. He was their best player in their and his worst season.
HasanHasanly
^^

True. Especially, now that Deco is supposedly leaving as well tongue.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 26 2007, 01:09 PM)
I think if one had to absolutely go between Eto'o & R10, Barca would let Eto'o go. R10 is like their Kaka. He was their best player in their and his worst season.

I would've said the same thing before Henry got there...I have a feeling that Henry will become the new face of Barca which will make Ronaldinho want to leave
KillerMax
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 26 2007, 12:42 PM)
I would've said the same thing before Henry got there...I have a feeling that Henry will become the new face of Barca which will make Ronaldinho want to leave

But Henry doesn't have a future, while Ronaldinho does. Henry is already on the decline.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 26 2007, 10:05 PM)
But Henry doesn't have a future, while Ronaldinho does. Henry is already on the decline.

I'm glade you noticed that wink.gif

Sure he will have at most 2 seasons of top level football, spending some of the games sidelined for injury .. Therefor, I am glade Milan didn't attempt to take him smile.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 26 2007, 02:04 PM)
Sure he will have at most 2 seasons of top level football, spending some of the games sidelined for injury .. Therefor, I am glade Milan didn't attempt to take him smile.gif

We already have Ronaldo who is in the same situation and he is better. smile.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 26 2007, 02:05 PM)

it's like Shaq and Kobe playing for the Lakers...sure, Shaq was the older guy who didn't have as much time to play...but he overshadowed Kobe (not just physically wink.gif ).

it's just really hard for 2 superstars to function on the same team...look at Madrid, the same thing is happening in Barca
jbryant1
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 26 2007, 12:08 AM)

My initial thought was: The fans would kill him for selling R10, therefore he'd have to leave the country. That's all I can think of.  unsure.gif

Laportas joking that--
If Laporta was to let Ronaldinho leave or to sell him off, then Laport would have to leave the country because Barcelona fans would come after him.

The investors would come after him as well because Ronaldinho is a money maker.
jbryant1
The real joke of all this is Silvio. If this is what Laporta says why are we still chasing players that we can't sign.

You didn't hear Man United or Bayern Munich sit around and dream of bringing these big stars to club, they went out and got the players they needed which were available and possible to lure away.

If I was Eto'o or Ronaldinho and Henry was coming the prospect of the coming season looks very good that they are going to get silverware.

Barcelona had massive injury problems and still maintained a solid campaign last season. It was the players that were just injured or it might have been the fatigue of the World Cup that went against them kind of like Milan's players.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 27 2007, 01:43 AM)
Laportas joking that--
If Laporta was to let Ronaldinho leave or to sell him off, then Laport would have to leave the country because Barcelona fans would come after him.

The investors would come after him as well because Ronaldinho is a money maker.

There is something in this whole issue .. R10 has been quite .. I havn't even read a single statement from him.

The fact that Silvio came out and said a statement about R10 never leaving Barca .. Proves that the managment were after him even when some lost faith in the whole prospect of R10 coming. Therefore, you never know, Silvio could just be cooling the situation down from their part .. Cuz if there was going to be a transfer, I doubt they want it to look like Sheva's disgraced transfer.

Or it could be true .. Depends on how you precieve this whole issue ..
jbryant1
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 26 2007, 03:17 PM)
There is something in this whole issue .. R10 has been quite .. I havn't even read a single statement from him.

The fact that Silvio came out and said a statement about R10 never leaving Barca .. Proves that the managment were after him even when some lost faith in the whole prospect of R10 coming. Therefore, you never know, Silvio could just be cooling the situation down from their part .. Cuz if there was going to be a transfer, I doubt they want it to look like Sheva's disgraced transfer.
Or it could be true .. Depends on how you precieve this whole issue ..

Yeah you have a point in that he hasn't made many statements to the press about his future at Barcelona or even the link to Milan. Of course Laporta is going to say this but Silvio would have said it about Scheva before last summer or Arsenal would have said it about Henry.

This might be because he is on vacation or as you suggset something might be in the works. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka working together is more exciting to me than Eto'o, Henry, and Ronaldinho. This would be the surprise we were talking about.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:07 AM)
Yeah you have a point in that he hasn't made many statements to the press about his future at Barcelona or even the link to Milan. Of course Laporta is going to say this but Silvio would have said it about Scheva before last summer or Arsenal would have said it about Henry.

This might be because he is on vacation or as you suggset something might be in the works. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka working together is more exciting to me than Eto'o, Henry, and Ronaldinho. This would be the surprise we were talking about.

Problem is .. U sit and u try to understand why the club has been so passive .. I mean, with Suazo, Milan just let him go as if they are in no competition to fight with the Nerazzuri for his signature ..

Something very BIG is cooking in Milan's kitchen ... When you look at Barca and how they are reinforcing themselves, a question has to be asked, if they can afford all those top players (Barca is in debt ..); Henry, Abidal, and now Chivu (not to mention Yaya) .. The R10 "staying or leaving" saga will continue to lurk on till Milan makes its move on the market. ONLY then can we understand what went on rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 27 2007, 01:25 AM)
it's just really hard for 2 superstars to function on the same team...look at Madrid, the same thing is happening in Barca

4 superstars in one team is never a good idea. Ego clashes could torn the team from inside. I think they might sell Eto'o since he's more problematic than others IMO.

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:07 AM)
he hasn't made many statements to the press about his future at Barcelona or even the link to Milan. Of course Laporta is going to say this but Silvio would have said it about Sheva before last summer or Arsenal would have said it about Henry.

http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5113
jbryant1
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 26 2007, 04:18 PM)
Problem is .. U sit and u try to understand why the club has been so passive .. I mean, with Suazo, Milan just let him go as if they are in no competition to fight with the Nerazzuri for his signature ..

Something very BIG is cooking in Milan's kitchen ... When you look at Barca and how they are reinforcing themselves, a question has to be asked, if they can afford all those top players (Barca is in debt ..); Henry, Abidal, and now Chivu (not to mention Yaya) .. The R10 "staying or leaving" saga will continue to lurk on till Milan makes its move on the market. ONLY then can we understand what went on rolleyes.gif

It would only make sense. After winning the Champions League you want to make a statement to the world that you are rebuilding.

Suazo was kind of behind the scenes and we really didn't see it coming.

It seems to be a matter of pride at this time. Inter beat us to Suazo. Barcelona beat us to Henry. Eto'o is quoted as not coming. All of our transfer targets have gone elsewhere. Milan are going to want to make a statement that they are aggressive about reinforcing the team or Galliani and company will be criticized. Many said this last summer with no real signings. At least Gourcuff has youth potential.
jbryant1
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 26 2007, 04:29 PM)
4 superstars in one team is never a good idea. Ego clashes could torn the team from inside. I think they might sell Eto'o since he's more problematic than others IMO.
http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5113

I did say that he is either on vacation or there is something brewing.

I think Ronaldinho is 90% Barcelona but he hasn't really been as explicit as Eto'o recently on what going on. H

Scheva was saying similar things in the transfer window before he left. Even Henry was stating that he was an Arsenal player. There really is no 100% way to look at this it could go either way.
misha
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:34 AM)
Scheva was saying similar things in the transfer window before he left. Even Henry was stating that he was an Arsenal player. There really is no  100% way to look at this it could go either way.

He did during the season. He left almost instantly after the season was over (end of may).

Everything is possible. Eto'o can say what ever he wants (he do have a big mouth smile.gif ) but it can be a smokescreen as Porty likes to say biggrin.gif or If Barca decides to sell him.
KillerMax
Ronaldinho said he will be staying with Barca... rolleyes.gif
jbryant1
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 26 2007, 04:48 PM)
He did during the season. He left almost instantly after the season was over (end of may).

Everything is possible. Eto'o can say what ever he wants (he do have a big mouth smile.gif ) but it can be a smokescreen as Porty likes to say biggrin.gif  or If Barca decides to sell him.

whats funny is how we over analyze everything. biggrin.gif

THe problem is information theres simply not enough information to make an informed decision.

It would seem that Milan would have to have something brewing beneath the surface.

However the worst was behind us. Losing Scheva and not getting a replacement was pulling hair out last summer. We have at least Ronaldo, but looking at our league performances we need reinforcements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.