Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zambrotta is Milan target
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Zambrotta is Milan target
Monday 25 June, 2007

Barcelona full-back Gianluca Zambrotta is once again being paired with a move to Milan by reports in the Italian Press.

The world champion was one of the first players to leave Juventus after the club’s demotion, but failed to adapt to his new life in Spain and his first season in La Liga has been far from enjoyable.

The defender was already close to joining Milan after the World Cup last summer, but his transfer failed due to the Rossoneri’s involvement in the Calciopoli scandal.

Barcelona are closing in on Eric Abidal of Lyon, who is expected to leave the French champions for £8.5m, and his arrival could free Zambrotta to vacate the Nou Camp and return to Serie A.

Reports suggest that negotiations between Milan and the Blaugrana could start soon, as the French Press expect Abidal’s move to be officially announced in the very near future.

In the meantime, the European champions are also following Parma midfielder Luca Cigarini, who might become Andrea Pirlo’s heir in the Diavoli midfield.

The 21-year-old, who is also a reported target for Juventus, could join the San Siro outfit in a co-ownership deal with the Ducali, allowing him to gain more experience at the Tardini before moving on a permanent basis.

::channel4::

That would be great!! smile.gif

As for the last part, Cigarini never really impressed me. Milan know better that's for sure but I'd rather see Montolivo or Aquilani take up Pirlo's role in the future!
Tennie
Oh, this is grand news (I was about to post the same info from Tuttomercatoweb).

It'd be great to have Zambrotta on the team!
Rossoneri7
Zambrotta would be ideal ... Just thinking of our back line next year ...

Oddo -- Nesta -- Maldini -- Zambrotta

Who the hell can pass by this brick wall rolleyes.gif Forget about it Barca, you can try, but u'll fail miserably cool.gif
fresh_prince7
I wouldn't get too carried away R7. tongue.gif

The barca attack next season could be something special, granted if they don't take their opportunites they will probably get burned on the counter.

It would be a nice looking defense though, gives us the option to play jankulovski in the midfield. Barca definitely will let some players go, so its a fair chance particularly if they get abidal.
misha
He would be perfect for Milan cool.gif Bring him!!
Captain Ambro
I think Milan should focus on bringing in one attacker, a young centre-back and then perhaps a goalie, instead of chasing players for positions where we already have decent coverage. Jankulvoski, Serginho, Kaladze...
Fillipo Simone
Zambrotta? Oh my god...wub.gif wub.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 26 2007, 02:55 PM)
Zambrotta? Oh my god...wub.gif  wub.gif

*sniff* Don't tell me you've already got dibs!

First dst with Nesta and now this..... cry.gif

wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 26 2007, 08:08 PM)

wink.gif

Its like a virus,.. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 26 2007, 10:08 PM)

wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.