Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Suazo, Milanista?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
MizNelson
Breaking news: According to some other Milan forums, it was just reported on the Milan Channel that David Suazo will apparently leave Inter in the lurch and sign with us instead.

What do you guys think? Good move on our part?
Portman

Holy sh!t. This might be true. Milan Channel is joking or what? Is this the same Suazo? Or the one from South America?
dst
??

That can only be good but is it true?? unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
I can't believe anything till it is on the official website ... But this would definitely be good news king.gif
Tennie
Don't see anything about it in the (internet) print media yet, but if it's true..... (And apparently, Porty DID find something. Better sources than mine!)

BAHAHAHAHAHA

That'd sure piss off Moratti.
Portman
It's on http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?a...n=read&id=63297.

But to be on MilanChannel... 3 things:

-Or it's a done deal.
-Or they're joking.
-Or we're talking about another Suazo... maybe from South America.
misha
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?a...n=read&id=63297

Could be true biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 19 2007, 03:31 AM)
-Or they're joking.

Could they be joking!?? Maybe they got bored! tongue.gif

Yeah... we could have signed the Colo-Colo Suazo!!!! laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 19 2007, 12:31 AM)
It's on http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?a...n=read&id=63297.

But to be on MilanChannel... 3 things:

-Or it's a done deal.
-Or they're joking.

Let's just hope it's one of the highlighted things. Because unless we get 10 penalties next season, he'll have trouble getting into double figures. rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 19 2007, 01:34 AM)
Yeah... we could have signed the Colo-Colo Suazo!!!! laugh.gif

Pretty good player, I must say.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 19 2007, 03:35 AM)
Pretty good player, I must say.

I've seen him play but the Chilean championship is not one of the greatest so I can't really tell...

I don't think he has a EU passport so if it's him then it means no Sheva for sure unless we sell/loan out Oliveira.
The Stinger 21
at goal web site appears that Davide Suazo signed with Inter before 7 days according to goal.com Transfer Zone

http://www.goal.com/en/Transfertzone.aspx

I think the player we have just signed with is deffrent Suazo and he is from South America because of the time that milan channel announced.
kurtsimonw
I've read on numerous sites that we'd made a E10m bid for David Suazo. So I think it is the real deal that's in question.

But why we want him is the real question. Can we just keep Oliviera or put Dida up front? At least they'll do nothing with more flair.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (The Stinger 21 @ Jun 19 2007, 03:55 AM)

This is strange ..

He is already a confirmed transfer for Inter ... What the hell is going on, is there a conspiracy and I don't know about it .. rolleyes.gif
Nova
i can confirm the image.its still on milan channel now. i prefer david too, that probably means no eto'o and a go for r10!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 07:34 PM)
Let's just hope it's one of the highlighted things. Because unless we get 10 penalties next season, he'll have trouble getting into double figures.  rolleyes.gif

he had a bad season last year but hey playing for a team like calgliari... well that can happen quite easily. he's prefect cover for our strikers and i could see him break out as a starter. he's extremly pacy and attracks defenders to him which opens things up for guys like pippo and gila (much like what sheva did)
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Nova @ Jun 18 2007, 08:10 PM)
i can confirm the image.its still on milan channel now. i prefer david too, that probably means no eto'o and a go for r10!

ya i'd be very happy with that, and goodbye to olishita!
kurtsimonw
There's plenty of available guys that're better than him.

His goalscoring record was pretty pathetic last season, when you consider the amount of penalties he had.

We don't need strikers that can play well, we need a goal-scorer.

I don't want Milan to make the same mistake Villa do. We buy decent strikers that play great, problem is, they don't score enough goals.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 08:19 PM)
There's plenty of available guys that're better than him.

His goalscoring record was pretty pathetic last season, when you consider the amount of penalties he had.

We don't need strikers that can play well, we need a goal-scorer.

I don't want Milan to make the same mistake Villa do. We buy decent strikers that play great, problem is, they don't score enough goals.

he would allow a guy like gila to start scoring more.
Tennie
I looked at articles on various sites and they all talk about 'pending' transfer and 'physical was okay' and stuff up until about 4 days ago. I don't see any official announcements from the Merda or any pictures of Suazo with a nerazzuro jersey. Maybe it's possible that everyone assumed it to be a completed transfer before it actually was?
kurtsimonw
ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- Italian champions Inter Milan have signed highly-rated Honduran striker David Suazo from Serie A rivals Cagliari, an officials said on Wednesday.

"Inter have made a great buy. At Inter, Suazo will be their first choice. The rest will come after. He's a great player and a great professional," Cagliari president Massimo Cellino told Italian radio.

CNN

This is getting awfully confusing. EDIT: What Tennie said, she was just quicker than me.

But is he serious? Crespo and Ibra are a better player than he could even dream of being. There's no way he'll be first choice. Especially if Adriano stays with Inter and decides to play next season.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jun 19 2007, 04:21 AM)
he would allow a guy like gila to start scoring more.

Well, I don't know about that .. I mean, Gila had Kaka, Shevchenko, and Ronaldo to help him score .. And he failed to impress, so I don't know how Suazo would fit into all of this .. But he definitely is a level above of Oliveira smile.gif

@Tennie; He could have easily turned down Inter for Milan .. Easily wink.gif But we will just have to wait till tomorrow morning, when the acmilan.com will be updated cool.gif
Tennie
I agree that Suazo could easily have chosen Milan over the Merda. Easy choice there. smile.gif

As for his usefulness, the guy is very fast for Serie A and has a way of opening things up whether he actually scores the goals or not. He'll force the defenders to pay attention to him, which will in turn free other people on his team up. He caused Milan's defense no end of trouble in the two games v. Cagliari this season.

(PS - Nothing official one way or the other on Cagliari's site either).
The Stinger 21
This is clip about Humberto Suazo Colo Colo Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPmb6Nj9rfI
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 18 2007, 08:37 PM)
Well, I don't know about that .. I mean, Gila had Kaka, Shevchenko, and Ronaldo to help him score .. And he failed to impress, so I don't know how Suazo would fit into all of this .. But he definitely is a level above of Oliveira smile.gif

@Tennie; He could have easily turned down Inter for Milan .. Easily wink.gif But we will just have to wait till tomorrow morning, when the acmilan.com will be updated cool.gif

kaka even tho he is a playmaker, is more the guy our midfield looks to set up and when he's anywhere near the box he doesnt hesitate to shoot so i wouldnt consider him the main solution to help gila. and gila did score 16-17 goals when he was with sheva(and thats with a pippo who can in later in the season and was in great form), which isnt bad. and gila hasnt played much with ronaldo. but obviously these arent good enough excuses for gila but all i;m saying is i have a feeling suazo and gila will combine well.
arivanjj
well i don't know what the hell is going on but i'd be waaaaaaaay too happpy if we got SUAZO! smile.gif
bigmacmtl
ooops Double post
kurtsimonw
I just checked out the Milan official site. From what I can work out, their earliest news seems to be just after 10am (Which time-zone I'm not sure, I assume GMT+1) so it'll be another 2/3 hours until we find anything official I'd have thought.
Portman
QUOTE (Nova @ Jun 19 2007, 02:10 AM)

I agree. David Suazo has basically the same qualities as Eto'o... I mean, speed, powerful, good finish, etc. Nothing to do with Ronaldinho.

But I'm happy with this. Let's see now if we get 10R. cool.gif
LaPalma
I agree with kurt on this. This is not a good move IMO. We bought Gila fter he scored more than 40 goals in 2 seasons and it still wasn't enough. Suazos record is much worde than that and 10 million pounds (thats what I read) is a big fat JOKE! Inter only wanted to pay 6,5...
Really...a player without any CL or at least UEFA Cup experience? IMO another player for the bench who's missing Pippos and Ronaldos class.
amancik
now what? six strikers?

Pippo
Ronaldo
Boriello
Oliveira
Gilardino
Suazo

are we gonna play with 3 strikers next season?
surely we must sell one of these players right? and at least loan out one too
Nova
QUOTE (amancik @ Jun 19 2007, 10:58 AM)
now what? six strikers?

Pippo
Ronaldo
Boriello
Oliveira
Gilardino
Suazo

are we gonna play with 3 strikers next season?
surely we must sell one of these players right? and at least loan out one too

>Boriello & Oli will probably be gone .

Thank god smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I would not be at all surprised if another attack mided player was brought in.
LaPalma
I'm afraid we're becoming a bit like Real Madrid. Only buying great guys for the attack but in the defense we stick to what we already have.

About Oli....thank god he's gone. The most expensive mistake of Milans history...
Jack Sparrow
@LaPalma...hmmm Lentini? Granted it was a terrible accident but still.

Then we have Rivaldo, Kluivert etc. We've made a few expensive mistakes, but then we got names to counter that.

The Dutch trio. Ronaldo(touch wood). Nesta.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 19 2007, 09:12 PM)

Then we have Rivaldo, Kluivert etc. We've made a few expensive mistakes, but then we got names to counter that.

which means..?? unsure.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 19 2007, 12:12 PM)

OK...Kluivert...but for Rivaldo we didn't pay a transfer fee at least. But Oli it's just....he was nothing sleep.gif
Jack Sparrow
Ok you have a point...I forgot that about Rivaldo. Oli was not exactly nothing. In my opinion he's not as huge a flop as Sheva was to Chelsea. And also considering he didn't play a lot, just a few minutes here and there.

I'm pretty sure, he was bought just to appease R10's brother, and was not someone Carletto wanted at all. So no wonder Carlo didn't play him much.

And as for your comment about buying a lot of players for this season, well I'm beginning to think that Milan are seriously looking to chase every tournament they play in except maybe the Coppa Italia(Can't say though...they are promoting Willy to the first team)! In which case we might see a lot of different strategies needing different attackers. For one we'll have to be a potent threat without Kaka.

For instance if we have CL, I'd guess R99,Kaka,Seedorf would be rested for sure. In which case, it always helps to have those options up front. Suazo is capable of dropping deep(our main grip with Gila) and helping take the ball up front, for Gila to knock it in.

Well...wat I mean is, I'm not so tensed about more people up front. As for people in the back I agree...

Right Backs: Oddo, Cafu,Simic(?)
Centre Backs: Nesta,Bonera,Maldini,Kaladze,Simic(?)
Left Backs: Janku, Sergio

We could certainly do with a fullback(a good fleet Oddo level one for the left side), and one young fast whippersnapper of a stopper in the centre. Know of any youth team prospects, or are we looking at Digao?
rivera
The news is official, Suazo is a Milan player. I think he is a great striker, and also a great professional. Just imagine how much damage we can make on the conterattack with Kaka, Ronaldo and Suazo... They all have fantastic speed, and are also blessed with great technique. One thing worries me though, Galliani said that there is a big possibility that Suazo is our first and also last signing. I say he should be ashamed of his words. We have to buy at least one midfielder for the next season, and eventually two young talents to, for example Pato, and loan them in seria A so that they can grow in experience. We need to be more attentive regarding young rising stars, so that we won't have to pay outrages amount of money for them in the future. We should plan ahead new signings, but Galliani just isn't up fot this I guess.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 19 2007, 01:09 PM)
I'm afraid we're becoming a bit like Real Madrid. Only buying great guys for the attack but in the defense we stick to what we already have.

About Oli....thank god he's gone. The most expensive mistake of Milans history...

We have Nesta, Maldini, Kakha, Simic, and Bonera ...

I mean, we already have enough center backs. It just depends on how much do you value them wink.gif
It is Maldini's last season, and no one can bench Maldini except for himself wink.gif Then we have Nesta, the #1 center back in the world. Bonera showed that he is pretty reliable, though he lacks experience, I believe he is very promising. Kakha and Simic are good bench players (I doubt there are any better bench players like them around .. Experienced and give 100%)

Therefor, I think we are good at the back, except for (What Jack pointed out..) a fullback that can play on the left ..
Jack Sparrow
Normally I'd say yes, but with the Euro qualification and all that jazz, and the fact that I'm not so deadly confident in Simic, means I'd like to have one young defender. If for nothing to make up the numbers. I mean how freaky was Chelski's season last time...and what if we had something similar?? ohmy.gif

And if we're not getting Emerson, seeing as how we have Brocchi, Rino and Max, I'd still like us to make a move for Nigel De Jong. I heard good things about him and he's young. So that will be our youth signing for the year.

As for leftbacks....hmmm...not too many of those left. Normally I'd have said Wayne Bridge, but then Chelsea will never sell him. Does anybody know of any good ones, who might be available...
Ry4n
man i like this guys way of playing pace , acceleration !! THANK YOU MILAN ANOTHER GREAT SIGNING

FORZA MILAN devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Tennie
Gianluca Zambrotta's a pretty decent left-back. smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
If only he were for sale...he'll play out his contract with Barca before he comes to Milan. Luca's got honour. sad.gif

So we're still up the creek without a paddle. I don't like the idea of Serginho alone holding the fort. Granted Milanello is today's version of the fountain of youth, nevertheless!!!

Anybody in Italy? The U-21s?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 19 2007, 04:53 PM)
As for leftbacks....hmmm...not too many of those left. Normally I'd have said Wayne Bridge, but then Chelsea will never sell him. Does anybody know of any good ones, who might be available...

Pasqual .. Fiorentina, he was quit impressive
Jack Sparrow
Fio are like Roma, they'll never sell unless the player kicks a racket...
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 19 2007, 05:12 PM)
If only he were for sale...he'll play out his contract with Barca before he comes to Milan. Luca's got honour. sad.gif

We can get him if we really want. He's not happy at Barca and he always wanted Milan. A little bit effort from Galliani and he ours wink.gif
Tennie
And don't forget...what's more important than Gianluca being unhappy is the fact that Valentina (his wife) is REALLY unhappy in Barcelona. So...
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 19 2007, 10:40 PM)
And don't forget...what's more important than Gianluca being unhappy is the fact that Valentina (his wife) is REALLY unhappy in Barcelona. So...

As recent history points out the wife factor can be crucial biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 19 2007, 01:45 PM)
As recent history points out the wife factor can be crucial biggrin.gif

And don't they have a house in Como?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.