Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silvio shares Sheva optimism
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
arivanjj
Milan President Silvio Berlusconi claims that the Rossoneri have an “80 per cent chance” of signing Andriy Shevchenko this summer.

The Ukrainian left the Italian giants in a £30m move to Chelsea last year, but he’s been linked with a return given his struggles in the Premiership.

And although the European champions have openly admitted that they want Samuel Eto’o, Berlusconi has openly snubbed the Barcelona sensation.

“I like Eto’o as he is a young and talented player, but I am a romantic and I prefer Shevchenko,” said Berlusconi to the Sfoghi di Calcio television show.

“Up to a few days ago, when I spoke to [Vice-President Adriano] Galliani, I thought Sheva’s chances of coming back were 80 per cent.

“If things had changed and that percentage had dropped to 50 then I am sure Galliani would have told me.

“Shevchenko wants to return and his wage demands would not be a problem, as his salary would be the same as the other champions.

“Obviously we need to find an agreement with Chelsea, but I think he would be an ideal addition to our attacking department.

“I consider Sheva my son. I have shared many important moments with him, like his father’s operation and the birth of his son, who I am godfather to.”

Meetings with Chelsea officials were expected to take place after the Champions League Final in May, even if Shevchenko had insisted that he wanted another chance to prove himself in England.

Whispers at that time claimed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was ready to let the former Dynamo Kiev player head back to the San Siro.

Channel4
arivanjj
ohmy.gif !!!

80 percent???
HasanHasanly
Bring Sheva Back! This all chelsea business was to help him find his form again, and i am sure the Ukranian Dynamo will score for us again... sooon cool.gif king.gif
Zed.D
I prefer Eto'o. just because he's much younger. How many years has Sheva ahead of him? he's 30 right now...
Portman
Silvio... doing Kaka' a favour?

Kaka' was the one who said "Ronaldo and Shevchenko were the best fowards I have ever worked with".

I think this is more smoke screen.

In my opinion: 10R > Eto'o > Shevchenko > Drogba > Henry.
Tennie
Please let this one be smokescreen.
Fillipo Simone
I`ll have to say it now - I`d welcome him at any time...

Considering all our options - Eto`o, Henry, Drogba and all the others...Sheva is still the best option.. rolleyes.gif
whoarethepatriots
I refuse to comment on any speculation from no on, till i see the player with a Milan shirt in one hand and shaking hands with galliani/berlusconi
kurtsimonw
I'd hope for Henry or R10, but Sheva would be my third.

He's also better than not bringing any striker in at all. As long as he doesn't cost too much.
Warchant
Etoo: Advangate - younger

Sheva: Advantage - already knows the system

I'd take either
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 15 2007, 04:49 PM)

I'd take either

Altough Eto`o is younger, Sheva is simply better. Eto`os only real quality is his speed and he isn`t a real team player..that is why I would choose Andry instead.
pacang
what the... no..

now, with juve, genoa n napoli (plus roma,lazio,inter) in the league.. i think we need a little more pace upfront.. to beat their defenders..

Sheva? if he really arrive then i hope he score goals.. lots of em..
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 15 2007, 03:49 PM)

I'd take either

Eto'o will be unavailble whenever the African cup of nations is one
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pacang @ Jun 15 2007, 06:11 PM)
what the... no..

now, with juve, genoa n napoli (plus roma,lazio,inter) in the league.. i think we need a little more pace upfront.. to beat their defenders..

Sheva? if he really arrive then i hope he score goals.. lots of em..

Do you honestly think Napoli and Genoa will be our problems?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 15 2007, 11:18 AM)
Do you honestly think Napoli and Genoa will be our problems?

wink.gif
jefri91
Henry is the best player in my opinion. He can shoot, freekick, pass, double kick, header, PK and everything single thing in football. He would be perfect in Milan
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Jun 15 2007, 07:51 PM)
Henry is the best player in my opinion. He can shoot, freekick, pass, double kick, header, PK and everything single thing in football. He would be perfect in Milan

Henry can't header at all well wink.gif What the hell's double kick in terms of football?! huh.gif

As for the speculation I've made no secret of my desire to see Sheva back in a Milan shirt next season, but there is just too much speculation at the moment and nothing actually happening.
Portman
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 15 2007, 10:08 PM)
Henry can't header at all well  wink.gif What the hell's double kick in terms of football?!  huh.gif

As for the speculation I've made no secret of my desire to see Sheva back in a Milan shirt next season, but there is just too much speculation at the moment and nothing actually happening.

Would you change your nick again? wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 15 2007, 09:13 PM)
Would you change your nick again?  wink.gif

We won the Champions League when my name was this, I'm superstitious as hell! I will prob try to watch every game next season like I did this season tongue.gif So no I won't, although he maybe back in the signature tongue.gif
misha
I would help to finance the deal if there any chance for a comeback biggrin.gif I understand people who are agains it, but I just love him too much.
Portman

Can someone get the last one but bigger? Him kissing Chelsea's badge? I'm searching that for years...
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 16 2007, 01:04 AM)
Can someone get the last one but bigger? Him kissing Chelsea's badge? I'm searching that for years...

He's kissing the shirt.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 15 2007, 10:18 PM)

He's kissing the shirt.

I refuse to believe he kissed that shirt, he was just misunderstood and only wanted to see if his cologne was still in effect tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 15 2007, 11:18 PM)

He's kissing the shirt.

Thanks bud. Yeah... shirt, badge, logo... bla. wink.gif

I was one of his best fans when he was in Milano. For 7 years or so he was my favourite footballer.
Even in the last 2-3 years when Kaka' "appeared"... he continued to be my favourite. The #1.

But after what happened last Summer... really. So dissapointed.
I dunno how I'd react to see him again as Rossoneri.

PS: Ronaldo is 1 week younger than Shevchenko. Both will be 31 next September.
misha
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 16 2007, 01:25 AM)
I refuse to believe he kissed that shirt, he was just misunderstood and only wanted to see if his cologne was still in effect  tongue.gif

He's just checking the new shirt smell wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 16 2007, 01:29 AM)
I was one of his best fans when he was in Milano. For 7 years or so he was my favourite footballer.
Even in the last 2-3 years when Kaka' "appeared"... he continued to be my favourite. The #1.

But after what happened last Summer... really. So dissapointed.
I dunno how I'd react to see him again as Rossoneri.

PS: Ronaldo is 1 week younger than Shevchenko. Both will be 31 next September.

You will be moved and forgive him wink.gif

I follow him since he's 18 when he first played for the Dynamo first team, so I'm heavily biased.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 16 2007, 01:04 AM)

... He was kissing his new pay check wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.