Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torres will finally be for sale
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
misha
The race is on as Inter and AC Milan, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal are all on alert following the reports that Atletico Madrid will confirm in the coming days that they are finally willing to allow striker Fernando Torres to leave the club this summer.

The 23-year-old Spain international is keen on a move to England and with the big four from England in the hunt in the Champions League they all stand a fair chance. The price will be in the range of 20m pounds.

Torres has been the target of endless speculation, mainly because he’s been far and away the best player on a distinctly average team which gets very little European exposure. Atletico has again failed to get to the UEFA Cup qualification stages. The problem has generally been that Torres has been a lifelong Atletico supporter and the club have been reluctant to sell their best asset as they try to move up the table, the fans are also extremely attached to the player.

The sought after success hasn’t happened. Better to sell Torres and improve the side across the board. Torres has also attracted interested from Barcelona but it is unlikely that he’ll want to compete against his favorite club.

link
arivanjj
bring him in!!!

although i haven't seen him play this year.. and haven't seen him on the score sheet that many times unsure.gif
Portman
He's going Man.Onighted/Liverpool if he really leaves Atletico. For sure.
whoarethepatriots
I always have liked him but i think he prefers the Premiership like Eto'o

The number of top class strikers we can sign is thinning
redbabies
if he countinue the form of this year than he wouldn't be worth more than 10m
pacang
bring him in.. revive his form.. let him score lots of goals.. treble next season..

how's my plan?
Fillipo Simone
Nah...there are better strikers avaible... wink.gif

Let him pass on to Chelski
kurtsimonw
There aren't many better strikers available, especially at his age.

I don't see him going to Chelsea or Arsenal. It'll be Liverpool or United, I'd say Livepool were the favourites.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2007, 08:46 PM)
There aren't many better strikers available, especially at his age.

I don't see him going to Chelsea or Arsenal. It'll be Liverpool or United, I'd say Livepool were the favourites.

Liverpool has the Spanish advantage - many friends of Torres play there. But nobody knows how much $$$ Benitez will spend (if it's gonna be a sh!t-summer like in the latest years or a million dollar summer for Liverpool).

But United is much more agressive in the market so I won't be surprise if they sign him.
KillerMax
He had a good season with Atletico considering how poorly their other players played. It was pretty much him, Aguero and maybe Petrov who carried the team this season. Others were so poor it was sad. I mean in a team with no real service, without a number ten, your forwards are not gonna score that many goals. So, it's not a drop in form for him really, it's a drop in form from the team. He did well. He is a star in the making and any team would be lucky to have him. I know though that it's not a good idea for Spanish players to play in the Serie A, but if he were to come, I could never say no as he is still very young and determined and has a lot to prove.
jbryant1
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 14 2007, 12:11 PM)
Liverpool has the Spanish advantage - many friends of Torres play there. But nobody knows how much $$$ Benitez will spend (if it's gonna be a sh!t-summer like in the latest years or a million dollar summer for Liverpool).

But United is much more agressive in the market so I won't be surprise if they sign him.

They say the American investors haven't been splashing out for Benetiz as many individuals thought in the first place.

They definitely have to be targeting the Spanish game because they haven't done a damn thing in the transfer market while Chelsea and Man U have made some aggressive acquisitions.
kurtsimonw
Liverpool will spend £10m+ on one player. That's it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.