Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emerson books Milan medical
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
misha
According to the latest reports in Spain, Emerson has already booked his medical for the transfer to Milan.

The Real Madrid midfielder cannot complete the transfer until the final day of the Liga season, but he is wasting no time in preparing for the future.

The Spanish media suggest that a medical has been booked for Monday at 18.00 local time at Milanello.

The former Roma and Juventus man is so eager to make the switch that he has been pressurising Real to get the negotiations over with quickly.

It would be a return to Serie A for Emerson after just one year in Spain, where he followed Coach Fabio Capello and captain Fabio Cannavaro in the wake of Calciopoli.

The Rossoneri are also looking to Spain for a new striker and Carlo Ancelotti makes no secret of his intention to bring in Samuel Eto’o in a £28m swoop.

“The club is certainly working to make this squad even more competitive,” said the tactician today.

“Eto’o is a great striker, but he is owned by Barcelona. If the opportunity arose, then I think Milan would be in pole position and he’d be an excellent signing for the future.”
arivanjj
sleep.gif ... not happy.
kurtsimonw
And there you had me thinking you had a thing for 'big' guys. wink.gif
kdman
I have no problem with Emerson coming. He would provide the much needed depth in the DM area. He's experienced and no stranger to Seria A. He is certainly an improvment over Brocchi. We are going to compete in at least four major competitions next season. Therefore considering Ambrosini's penchant to spend half the season injured, plus the need to rest Gattuso now and then, Emerson is welcome.
arivanjj
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2007, 07:04 PM)
And there you had me thinking you had a thing for 'big' guys.  wink.gif

dry.gif ...
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 13 2007, 09:17 AM)
sleep.gif ... not happy.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2007, 10:04 AM)
And there you had me thinking you had a thing for 'big' guys.  wink.gif

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 13 2007, 10:44 AM)
dry.gif ...

/me dies laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, this is old. I've been hearing the rumour for about 1 month.
Ry4n
i rember last year when Poulsen was on the move and i remeber reading some where he was having a medical in Milan so this news means nothing i think until it says somthing on the Milan website i aint true tongue.gif
Ry4n
oh my god sorry bout this my internet messed up and i posted 3 times sorry
LaPalma
For me it's a done deal already....Carlo seems to like Emerson a lot and Silvio will grant him the favour....
jbryant1
Emerson's quality and will be a great addition to our squad.

Hopefully this isn't as good as it gets!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 14 2007, 01:25 AM)
Emerson's quality and will be a great addition to our squad.

Hopefully this isn't as good as it gets!!!

Right! wink.gif
Zed.D
I feel embarrassed when I look to the long list of our Brazilians. It seems they've forgotten that Milan is an Italian team. but we already look like the Selecoa: Kaka, Dida, Cafu, Serginho, Oliveira, Ronaldo and now Emerson?!
Fillipo Simone
I don`t know why this man is overall criticized that much. For me, he is a Champion, and fits in every good team:

- World Champion 2002
- Champions League finalist with Bayer 2002
- Seria A winner with Roma 2001
- (Winner with Juve...hmh cool.gif
- Primera winner with Real 2007 (?)

These facts speak for themself...
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 15 2007, 10:16 PM)
I feel embarrassed when I look to the long list of our Brazilians. It seems they've forgotten that Milan is an Italian team. but we already look like the Selecoa: Kaka, Dida, Cafu, Serginho, Oliveira, Ronaldo and now Emerson?!

But we have always maintained an Italian base, unlike Inter who are absolutely without any Italian identity.
Portman

I understand we need another midfielder for the long-season that is coming but we're talking about a 31 yo player. rolleyes.gif We should look for long-term guys, not a 2 year contracts.

Dudu Cearense from CSKA is young, it's brazillian and a good option too. Ze Roberto can play in 3 or 4 positions and tecnically much better than Emerson, though is not young too.

Anyway, if Ancelotti thinks he needs Emerson... go ahead. It seems like a done deal.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 16 2007, 12:51 AM)
Dudu Cearense from CSKA is young, it's brazillian and a good option too. Ze Roberto can play in 3 or 4 positions and tecnically much better than Emerson, though is not young too.

Anyway, if Ancelotti thinks he needs Emerson... go ahead. It seems like a done deal.

If he can give us 2-3 good years it's fine too. Maybe until then we'll find somebody younger.

Dudu is good but not ready yet for Milan IMO, Ze Roberto (33) is a done deal for Bayern.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.